Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,901 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1096189 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
You are welcome bros.
I don't think a US F1 visa can get in the way of a Canada TRV, unless the VO is paranoid. Ideally I would recommend explaining in the SOP why the US F1 visa wasn't used, this could even work in your favor to show you are not a desperate applicant.

Graviton2:
Thanks, boss. Yeah, I agree STRONGLY with you...Canada and Australia are top on my list right now. Do you think an unused US F1 visa can get in the way of one acquiring a Canadian TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Inkblood
what about your payslips?
If you or your sponsor av a property, include the documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
its usually a red flag having a visa and not using it. i had a uk visa early this yr with no intentions of travelling with it, but i eventually had no choice when i was advised that it would be a red flag if i dnt use it as canadian VOs might think i didnt have money to travel and even getting a uk visa in the future would be difficult except i write to the high commissioner giving reasons for not using it. However u can sort this out with an explicit SOP
Graviton2:

Thanks, boss.

Yeah, I agree STRONGLY with you...Canada and Australia are top on my list right now.

Do you think an unused US F1 visa can get in the way of one acquiring a Canadian TRV?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
favour0011:
its usually a red flag having a visa and not using it. i had a uk visa early this yr with no intentions of travelling with it, but i eventually had no choice when i was advised that it would be a red flag if i dnt use it as canadian VOs might think i didnt have money to travel and even getting a uk visa in the future would be difficult except i write to the high commissioner giving reasons for not using it. However u can sort this out with an explicit SOP

thesoj:
You are welcome bros.
I don't think a US F1 visa can get in the way of a Canada TRV, unless the VO is paranoid. Ideally I would recommend explaining in the SOP why the US F1 visa wasn't used, this could even work in your favor to show you are not a desperate applicant.

Please, I'll appreciate it if you both look through my SOP and see if the explanation given is sufficient. When do I contact y'all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
you can pm me anytime.
Graviton2:

Please, I'll appreciate it if you both look through my SOP and see if the explanation given is sufficient. When do I contact y'all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
@Graviton2, you can PM me anytime as well e-brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
Amefrica:

Right! I was able to bring in milk, but the gala was trashed because of expiration.
Big boss, I sent you mail today, pls respond to it. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
cccxxiii:

Yeah I just did.
I have reply ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oga! Even right from Frankfurt airport sef, there's already racism, speaking from experience. We're not saying everybody is racist but there are some countries that are generally more racist than others. Eg Russia and Germany. There's racism everywhere but it's is very prominent in some places
My opinion: if he's so particular about racism, especially as a minor, he should consider other countries instead
thesoj:
Lets not generalize though. You know Germany is a large country... what you just described sounds like an experience one might have in a small town in eastern Germany, but not in a city in western or southern Germany. I have worked with Germans and this is the sentiment I get. Also, the Nairaland German thread confirms this.

I live in the US, but most of the states i have lived in have been very tolerant (racism is not visible); if I lived in, say Mississippi for instance, I would probably have had overt experiences with racism. So let's not generalize some of these countries based on racism in one region of the country.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Eke40seven(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
TheBae:
Oga! Even right from Frankfurt airport sef, there's already racism, speaking from experience. We're not saying everybody is racist but there are some countries that are generally more racist than others. Eg Russia and Germany. There's racism everywhere but it's is very prominent in some places
I was mentioned on this thread and so followed the conversation. The above statement about Germany being a racist country is a big fat lie. Even in the east where racism is feared, which is quite understandable given their history of communism, Russian rule, absence of many foreigners and being under the shadows of the former west Germany, things can be exaggerated. If you look for racism, of course you will find.
Many Germans may stare hard at you (they do that to other whites that seem not to look like them, no harm meant), they might be shy and cold and not willing to chitchat with strangers (even their own people) but labelling the country racist is one big accusation and gross generalisation.

Well let the rumour stay that way though, the influx of international student is getting so high (Only second to the US and UK) and the competition for admission getting so fierce because of the free tuition, increase in English taught programmes in some of the best unis in the world and tempting post study benefits. Let the few who know better reap the benefits.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Inkblood:

i wrote in my sop that project management is not done in most nigerian universities ooo. i didn't even know it was done here. hope that doesn't count as an obvious lie. cic don us all to true sayers grin
Project management courses are everywhere..! Infact project management professional (pmp) certification!

I think it doesn't really matter cause, I know of a friend that said he hasn't found a school offering network engineering in NG
And still got his trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Russia is in a completely different league than Germany when it comes to racism. I would be scared of walking at night alone in Russia. Western and southern Germany are ok to me sha. Western Germany is like the rest of western Europe, whereas eastern Germany is like Russia or some parts of eastern Europe. The cold war and world war II and the old East Germany explain it all.

TheBae:
My opinion: if he's so particular about racism, especially as a minor, he should consider other countries instead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
Graviton2:

I wanted to say the same thing.

I have a friend in German, we spoke on FB and he told me some Germans are so R they refuse to let their children talk to some black people there.

Imagine boarding a transport vehicle and someone will refuse to sit close to you because you are not from the same race. It's just too bad. From what he said, Africans and Indians face these problems especially.
They are just useless set of people!
And there women aren't even hot! Just fat for nothing

How far with where you went jare?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
deedee0:
Inkblood
what about your payslips?
If you or your sponsor av a property, include the documents

No Payslip o.. i don't have. my co-sponsor who is my dad has his own house. would include some of the papers i suppose. thanks.
handyteddy:
Project management courses are everywhere..! Infact project management professional (pmp) certification!
I think it doesn't really matter cause, I know of a friend that said he hasn't found a school offering network engineering in NG
And still got his trv
okay sha. i will sha state that the ones available are not post graduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Calm yo titties. I didn't say Germany is a "racist country" well, take it or leave it, Germany is known to be generally more racist than some other countries
+ I'm sure you read the part where I said it was my opinion and based on my own experience, not yours. Even the United Nations recently condemned their racist activities and the German govt admitted that they aren't doing enough to suppress racism. You can read up on that
Okay, so you're saying, there is no racism in Germany but they only stare hard at you and not be friendly because you don't look like them. Like those aren't part of racism. Did I say they will stab people because of their race? Anyway, from the bolded, the 17yr old boy who is particular about racism can decide whether he wants to live there or not.
If it's about free tuition, there are other countries in Europe that offer that. Cheers
Eke40seven:
The above statement about Germany being a racist country is a big fat lie. Even in the east where racism is feared, which is quite understandable given their history of communism, Russian rule, absence of many foreigners and being under the shadows of the former west Germany, things can be exaggerated. If you look for racism, of course you will find.
Many Germans may stare hard at you (they do that to other whites that seem not to look like them, no harm meant), they might be shy and cold and not willing to chitchat
with strangers (even their own people) but labelling the country racist is one big accusation and gross generalisation.

Well let the rumour stay that way though, the influx of international student is getting so high (Only second to the US and UK) and the competition for admission getting so fierce because of the free tuition, increase in English taught programmes in some of the best unis in the world and tempting post study benefits. Let the few who know better reap the benefits.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
My sister's TRV got approved!!!!!!!!
After two US visa refusals and one Canada refusal over six three years. Wow. So happy. Will post her documents and profile in a couple of hours.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dallydd: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
CONGRAT ...that is dedication and it pays off ..please list all document is not needed all that is important are..college or PGD or MSc applicant which os the category she belong please ....
thesoj:
After two US visa refusals and one Canada refusal over six years. Wow. So happy. Will post her documents and profile in a couple of hours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Congratulations! Of course it had to get approved! As the boss himself packaged it. Lol
thesoj:
After two US visa refusals and one Canada refusal over six years. Wow. So happy. Will post her documents and profile in a couple of hours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
standupguy:

Boss came down, them go tidy you.
If them mess up then come make we go Australia go study.
@ Standupguy, please direct me the link for GCMS file, and what are the information to present. Thanks . Or any body with quick idea @Tunola and co.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
thesoj:

congrats bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Inkblood:

No Payslip o.. i don't have. my co-sponsor who is my dad has his own house. would include some of the papers i suppose. thanks.

okay sha. i will sha state that the ones available are not post graduate

TACKLING FAMILY TIES
Have you thought of adding
*letter of recommendation from church

*photograph of you and your bae having a nice time, with a writing ' me and my girlfriend' at the back

*make an original print out! With the heading
'Your area developement assosiation '
with the topic of building a gate at the community and development of the street

List the attendees of the event! Make yourself the project manger overseeing the project

Make sure u have an assistant project manager
And list out other positions
Treasurer
Members
Accountant
Other

*make another print out of 'your community development association' acknowledging to your absence and approving it cause it would be more gain to the community if you have international knowledege

*gather some men, and kids, stay on the street n take a picture and write "community development project 2012"

* stand beside electric poles and do the same thing

Ps: make sure all document are signed and dated by any 1

TAVKILING TRAVEL HISTORY
Just that you're applying soon,
I would have advised you sacrifice 5k, goto cotonue, get stamped at the border

Include it in your sop,that you went to oversee a project and you realized you needed more international exposure as the project management world is evolving by the minute

Make sure you tell em to backdate the stamp and spacen the entry and departure (that's if you'll be goin)

Also they are boys that do the whole thing for a fee! You'll get stamped entry and departure of 4 countries (ghana, togo, cote dvoir, benin)
You can always ask around

All that just to tackle TRAVEL HISTORY

Just my idea of showing ties to your home country and development to your environments. As well as relation to your program of study

Your finances are ok!
Just
Don't jampack your SOP with too much details!
It would only show desperacy

More ideas to come soon smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ok here's a summary:

Both applications submitted to VFS Accra because she lives/works in a neighboring African country (she's a naija citizen).

Program: MSc
School: Carleton University

FIRST APPLICATION
Submitted: June 10 (upfront medicals)
Refused June 29 (insufficient funds)

SECOND APPLICATION (deferred admission to Jan 2016)
Submitted: July 28 (same upfront medicals)
Approved August 12

For the second application, we bombarded them with like 100 pages of financial documents and then created a one-page Letter of Clarification (different from the SOP) that concisely described the new evidence. In this letter we had a section titled "Reasons for Prior Refusal" and another titled "Substantive Changes in this Application" and then enumerated the changes in this application. In the first app, we had used a printout of the sponsor's online bank statement, and my sis also left blank the box for "room and board" in her Study Permit form. She had added the "room and board" amount and put it the "Other" category. I now believe that it is important to fill the CIC forms as perfectly as possible, to not cause any doubt.

For the second app, we transferred one year's worth of tuition and living expenses to her university student account at Carleton, and attached the receipt. Her sponsor (brother) lives in the US, so this time the sponsorship letter/affidavit were notarized, and original as well as bank-certified bank statements were also sent. We also included a spreadsheet titled "Available Funds vs Annual Expenses" detailing every estimated expense and every fund available. She included her personal SOA as well. Many thanks to @HayqinsbFX for his answers to my questions when I just joined this thread just a month and half ago (the spreadsheet thing was his idea). Many thanks to @standupguy and @ada4all whose gcms files gave initial insight into what the VOs might have been thinking in this "insufficient funds" case. I pray that your applications will get great results as well.

By the way I am so surprised that applications submitted physically in Accra have a much faster processing time (two and half weeks average for both my sis's applications) than ones submitted in Lagos. This is nuts.

FYI I will still be on this thread as I will be helping another sibling with Canada runs. I hope my sister getting her TRV doesn’t hurt his chances o. We go see.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
thesoj:

Congrats to your sister.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dallydd: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
handyteddy:

TACKLING FAMILY TIES
Have you thought of adding
*letter of recommendation from church

*photograph of you and your bae having a nice time, with a writing ' me and my girlfriend' at the back

*make an original print out! With the heading
'Your area developement assosiation '
with the topic of building a gate at the community and development of the street

List the attendees of the event! Make yourself the project manger overseeing the project

Make sure u have an assistant project manager
And list out other positions
Treasurer
Members
Accountant
Other

*make another print out of 'your community development association' acknowledging to your absence and approving it cause it would be more gain to the community if you have international knowledege

*gather some men, and kids, stay on the street n take a picture and write "community development project 2012"

* stand beside electric poles and do the same thing

Ps: make sure all document are signed and dated by any 1

TAVKILING TRAVEL HISTORY
Just that you're applying soon,
I would have advised you sacrifice 5k, goto cotonue, get stamped at the border

Include it in your sop,that you went to oversee a project and you realized you needed more international exposure as the project management world is evolving by the minute

Make sure you tell em to backdate the stamp and spacen the entry and departure (that's if you'll be goin)

Also they are boys that do the whole thing for a fee! You'll get stamped entry and departure of 4 countries (ghana, togo, cote dvoir, benin)
You can always ask around

All that just to tackle TRAVEL HISTORY

Just my idea of showing ties to your home country and development to your environments. As well as relation to your program of study

Your finances are ok!
Just
Don't jampack your SOP with too much details!
It would only show desperacy

More ideas to come soon smiley

Did you do all of the above in your application? Or do you know anyone that did and was successful with their application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
dallydd:
CONGRAT ...that is dedication and it pays off ..please list all document is not needed all that is important are..college or PGD or MSc applicant which os the category she belong please ....
aha let her list the docs nw abi ! That's the tradition! She list the docs! We learn from it! At least it doesn't cost her anything!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
Can a Nigerian visitor go to ghana and apply for study permit?
It seems it's the way o....2-3weeks and you have your reply..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
thesoj:
Ok here's a summary:

Both applications submitted to VFS Accra because she lives/works in a neighboring African country (she's a naija citizen).

Program: MSc Technology Innovations Management, Carleton University, Ottawa.
Undergrad degree: BSc Biochemistry
Five years work experience in a bank.

FIRST APPLICATION
Submitted: June 10 (upfront medicals)
Refused June 29 (insufficient funds)

SECOND APPLICATION (deferred admission to Jan 2016)
Submitted: July 28 (same upfront medicals)
Approved August 12

For the second application, we bombarded them with like 100 pages of financial documents and then created a one-page Letter of Clarification (different from the SOP) that concisely described the new evidence. In this letter we had a section titled "Reasons for Prior Refusal" and another titled "Substantive Changes in this Application" and then enumerated the changes in this application. In the first app, we had used a printout of the sponsor's online bank statement, and my sis also left blank the box for "room and board" in her Study Permit form. She had added the "room and board" amount and put it the "Other" category. I now believe that it is important to fill the CIC forms as perfectly as possible, to not cause any doubt.

For the second app, we transferred one year's worth of tuition and living expenses to her university student account at Carleton, and attached the receipt. Her sponsor (brother) lives in the US, so this time the sponsorship letter/affidavit were notarized, and original as well as bank-certified bank statements were also sent. We also included a spreadsheet titled "Available Funds vs Annual Expenses" detailing every estimated expense and every fund available. She included her personal SOA as well. Many thanks to @HayqinsbFX for his answers to my questions when I just joined this thread just a month and half ago (the spreadsheet thing was his idea). Many thanks to @standupguy and @ada4all whose gcms files gave initial insight into what the VOs might have been thinking in this "insufficient funds" case. I pray that your applications will get great results as well.

By the way I am so surprised that applications submitted physically in Accra have a much faster processing time (two and half weeks average for both my sis's applications) than ones submitted in Lagos. This is nuts.

FYI I will still be on this thread as I will be helping another sibling with Canada runs. I hope my sister getting her TRV doesn’t hurt his chances o. We go see.
Congratulations bros... God is wonderful.. I m sending you P.M

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Eke40seven(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
TheBae:
Calm yo titties. I didn't say Germany is a "racist country" well, take it or leave it, Germany is known to be generally more racist than some other countries
+ I'm sure you read the part where I said it was my opinion and based on my own experience, not yours. Even the United Nations recently condemned their racist activities and the German govt admitted that they aren't doing enough to suppress racism. You can read up on that
Okay, so you're saying, there is no racism in Germany but they only stare hard at you and not be friendly because you don't look like them. Like those aren't part of racism. Did I say they will stab people because of their race? Anyway, from the bolded, the 17yr old boy who is particular about racism can decide whether he wants to live there or not.
If it's about free tuition, there are other countries in Europe that offer that. Cheers

Well you can continue to forecast and conjure up news from out of no where. Just as I said before, let those who know better reap the benefits and I would at this juncture cease to contribute to the derailment of your thread and a nice thread you guys have here by the way.
Tschüs!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Inkblood: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
what do you guys think about applying online and why is no one trying it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
I don't think so bros. My sister was told they would only allow her to apply from Accra because she has a Temporary Resident Card (her job got it for her a while ago) from the neighboring country she lives in.My younger brother lives in Lagos and I would like him to apply from Accra too, but so far I don't think it is possible.

hayqinsbFX:
Can a Nigerian visitor go to ghana and apply for study permit?
It seems it's the way o....2-3weeks and you have your reply..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Okay then
I guess your sis got approval mail today...
thesoj:
I don't think so bros. My sister was told they would only allow her to apply from Accra because she has a Temporary Resident Card (her job got it for her a while ago) from the neighboring country she lives in.My younger brother lives in Lagos and I would like him to apply from Accra too, but so far I don't think it is possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.