Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

What More Do You Know About Angels? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What More Do You Know About Angels? (4784 Views)

Things You Need To Know About Angels / "What Does The Bible Say About Angels?" / Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2005
Oh my God!
You've just strenghened my faith right now.
I'm printing your testimony to read in our fellowship tomorrow's evening.

What an encounter?
What will those who believe miracles ended with the apostles call this?
I believe in Miracles because I believe in Jesus Christ.
But angels do not have wings.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by SirKay3(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2005
@ Greatpeter

Our ever loving God is still in the business of using His angels to minister to His children in miraculous ways.

Let's just depend on Him for more divine intervention in our lives
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by adesodgi(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2005
FABIAN:I believe there are angels always watching over us, sometimes God sends them down to help us and they come in human form............. You may laff at me if you like, but that's my conviction.

I agree with you fabian,they are sent by God to help us in our needs as humans.
They only come in their natural white robe and style to make you believe if you doubt they exist.......

Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2005
Layi,

Thank you for attesting to my many contributions. I really do appretiate the understanding of God's Word that you have demonstrated. Continue to stand for truth...there aren't very many of your kind.

Angela K,

I believe your testimony and i thank God for inspiring you to testify. 

Great peter,

To say you do not believe means you have sufficiently considered all available information. Just because you have not seen an angel apppear with wings dosnt mean there are no angels with wings. Angels could take different forms in order to carry out an assignment.
They could even appear with the exact semblance of real existing people.

Exodus 25:20
- "And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be."

Kings 6:27
-" And he set the cherubims within the inner house: and they stretched forth the wings of the cherubims, so that the wing of the one touched the one wall, and the wing of the other cherub touched the other wall; and their wings touched one another in the midst of the house."   

Cerubims are a special kind of angels.

When i hear testimonies or prophesies, the only time i can confidently term them as untrue is when they contradict God's word. This one dosn't.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2005
Thanx Donnie.
I must confess reading ur posts strenghtens my faith and sometimes i come up to hear/read from U. I appreciate U standing like John...a man sent from GOD.
U might not know how ur words bless people here. Just keep doin what u r doing. They must hear the truth...via whatever means available.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2005
What's sir k saying?
Did I say I do not believe in Angels?
So why this preaching?

I still stand by my believe and nothing, absolutely nothing can change that.
I believe in Angels but I don't believe in their having wings as believed by some people.
So sir k read and understand my previous post before you post anything at all.

This is free world and I'm free to express myself, get that right. lipsrsealed
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by SirKay3(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2005
Greatpeter, am not d one that posted that pls.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2005
Sir Kay:

@ Greatpeter

Our ever loving God is still in the business of using His angels to minister to His children in miraculous ways.

Let's just depend on Him for more divine intervention in our lives

Whose quote is this?
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by SirKay3(m): 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2005
Thot u are talking about Donnie's post pls.

Dont mean any harm or misinterprete your post pls. Abeg, any offense is regretted.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Trooper(m): 6:01am On Oct 27, 2005
I'm not very religious but strongly believe that every human being got his own guardian angel. It could be a male or a female. They look, act and live like humans right between us. Yours could be your neighbor. Only this year I survived three horrible accidents.......just because I'm a lucky guy ??

** Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly **
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2005
Before i go ahead to share a testimony i heard, let me  first thank Mr. Adesodgi for his  picture of an angel which he shared even though i do not think there was really any need for that. grin

I heard a testimony about a family that parked their car along the express and went off to get some stuff. Not too long after, they heard the screeching of cars as well as loud shouts. Even though the baby was not killed, the driver of the vehicle that almost killed the child kept shouting Jesus, at the top of his voice as he walked quickly towards the child and his parents.

He kept saying at the top of his voice as he approached them, "You do not understand, i did not have enough time to apply my brakes". The car came to a halt without his own effort. Praise God!

God had sent his angel to save the life of that child.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2005
There are billions of angels, enough for every child of God.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2005
The number of angels assigned to you depends on the responsibility you have in God's kingdom.

While others have only the guardian angel sent with them when they came into this world, some others who are doing great exploits in God's kingdom have battalions folllowing them around to ensure that the work of God is accomplished without delay or hinderance.

Angels differ in strength and the strength or greatness of the angels you have depend on your assignment in the kingdom. While some have dangerous worriors such as Micheal following them to ensure that the devils kingdom is plundered and souls are set free, heald and delivered, some just have two:goodness and mercy following them around. grin

See this:

So I was left alone and saw this great vision, and no strength was left in me; my radiant appearance was fearfully changed, and I retained no strength. 9 Then I heard the sound of his words; and when I heard the sound of his words, I fell on my face in a deep sleep with my face to the ground. 10 And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 And he said to me, "O Daniel, man greatly beloved, give heed to the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you." While he was speaking this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia(demon Spirit in charge of the kingdom of persia) withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia 14 and came to make you understand what is to befall your people in the latter days...

A junior angel was sent with Daniel's answer from the frist day he prayed but that angel was withstood by a demon for 21 days. Angel micheal had to  come and help him.

You want mighty no-nonsense angels moving with you? ...then make youself available for God's work! wink
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2005
Anyone here watches Touched by an angel??
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2005
Yes i do and i love the program, with its very touching stories.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2005
The program touches me to my soul!
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2005
I love the prog too.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2005
I knew you would Layi wink
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Oracle(m): 4:06am On Dec 20, 2005
angels do exist
they are somewhere now watching, guiding
doing whatever God orders them to do

Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2006
what is angel?
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2006
oracle,

They also do what you order them to.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2006
deres 1 tin i knw aba angels n dats 'angels do not guide angels smiley smiley
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2006
deres 1 tin i knw aba angels n dats 'angels do not guide angels smiley smiley
fabian:

Anyone here watches Touched by an angel??
 i used 2 pretty interesting huh? smiley smiley
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Brymore(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2007
I feel that angels are an embodiment of everything we feel is good and lovely,protective, well mannered and all that, while demons are the exact opposite. From the little that we get from the scriptures, angels are also messengers and are spirit beings (though they could decide to manifest themselves in the flesh). As a result of the fact that angels are spirits, and we (at least for now) are still humans, it is good we drop this search for the humanness of angels and look to making ourselves live life helping humanity to the extent where we will be called angels on earth.

N.B
As a human being, there is a limit to how much you can comfortably get to find out without getting yourself into spiritual trouble (Like trying to know what God looks like)
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Brymore(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2007
Haba, adesodgi how will u post a nude "angel's" picture for all to see, What kind of impression do u want innocent people like me to have of angels? If not because she is curled up, walahi, if I meet such an angel, I don't know if I can control my libido. Haba! Naked Angel walking in the earth?
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Nella(f): 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2007
Angels do exist! n we all always have an angel or more watching over us, n helping us always!
diz photo was taken by a police man after an accident, this accident was really serious but no one died
nor was any one seriously injoured! u can jus c d Angel, plain out n clear!

Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Nella(f): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2007
sme tyms kids wander off 2 real dangerous places but jus some
how end up unharmed, n that i think is d hand work of an Angel!

Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by domwas2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ POSTER

ANGEL
A typically benevolent celestial being that acts as an intermediary between heaven and earth, especially in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.
A representation of such a being, especially in Christianity, conventionally in the image of a human figure with a halo and wings.
angels Christianity The last of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology. From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are: seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominations or dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
A guardian spirit or guiding influence.

A kind and lovable person.
One who manifests goodness, purity.

In the Hebrew Bible, angels often appear to people in the shape of humans of extraordinary beauty, and often are not immediately recognized as angels (Genesis 18:2, Genesis 19:5; Judges 6:17, Judges 8:6; 2 Samuel 29:9). Some fly through the air, some become invisible, sacrifices touched by some are consumed by fire, and some may disappear in sacrificial fire. Angels, or the Angel, appeared in the flames of the thorn bush (Genesis 16:13; Judges 6. 21, 22; 2 Kings 2:11; Exodus 3:2). They are described as pure and bright as Heaven; consequently, they are said to be formed of fire, and encompassed by light, as the Psalmist said (Psalm 104:4): "He makes winds His messengers, burning fire His ministers." Some verses in the Apocrypha/Deuterocanon depict angels wearing blue or red robes but no such reference occurs in the Protestant books.
Though superhuman, angels can assume human form; this is the earliest conception. Gradually, and especially in post-Biblical times, angels came to be bodied forth in a form corresponding to the nature of the mission to be fulfilled—generally, however, the human form. Angels bear drawn swords or other destroying weapons in their hands—one carries an ink-horn by his side—and ride on horses (Numbers 22:23, Joshua 5:13, Ezekiel 9;2, Zechariah 1:8 et seq.). A terrible angel is the one mentioned in 1 Chronicles 21:16,30, as standing "between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand". In the Book of Daniel, reference is made to an angel "clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: his body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in color to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude" (Daniel 10:5-6). This imagery is very similar to a description in the book of Revelation. Angels are thought to possess wings (Daniel 9:21), as they are described in the Bible, and depicted in Christian, Jewish and Zoroastrian art. They are commonly depicted with halos.
Purpose
In the Bible, angels are a medium of God's power; they exist to execute God's will. Angels reveal themselves to individuals as well as to the whole nation, to announce events, either good or bad, affecting humans. Angels foretold to Abraham the birth of Isaac, to Manoah the birth of Samson, and to Abraham the destruction of Sodom. Guardian angels were mentioned, but not, as was later the case, as guardian spirits of individuals and nations. God sent an angel to protect the Hebrew people after their exodus from Egypt, to lead them to the promised land, and to destroy the hostile tribes in their way (Ex. 23.20, Num. 20.16).
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by TV01(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2007
donnie:

The number of angels assigned to you depends on the responsibility you have in God's kingdom.

So how many do you personally have? (WOW! Think of how many pastor Chris must have!!!)

donnie:

While others have only the guardian angel sent with them when they came into this world, some others who are doing great exploits in God's kingdom have battalions folllowing them around to ensure that the work of God is accomplished without delay or hinderance.

Battalions ke? You must be tripping over them

donnie:

Angels differ in strength and the strength or greatness of the angels you have depend on your assignment in the kingdom. While some have dangerous worriors such as Micheal following them to ensure that the devils kingdom is plundered and souls are set free, heald and delivered, some just have two:goodness and mercy following them around. grin

Please advise angel ratios per assignment. I want to plan my career trajectory in the KOG to ensure I retain the maximum number. And I don't want any non-dangerous or weak angels cheesy .

So who is angel Michael assigned to at the moment? Presumably some naija MOG as they are undoubtedly doing the most exploitation, I mean exploits shocked

donnie:

They also do what you order them to.

How? By remote control? Text?? Or does one just speak into the air?

Please, is this generally accepted doctrine? It's just that I noticed that nobody had anything to say about this?

Which Bible exactly

Lord have mercy!
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by trinigirl1(f): 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2007
re: donnie's post

you know what amazes me about these "christians" TV, it's almost as if they're reading a different Bible.  for some reason i get even more angry at people who misrepresent God because these are the religious fanatics and zealots who mislead and chase people away from christianity.  most of the are just regurgitating catholic teachings.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Nella(f): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2007
Angels DON'T do wat u order them 2!!!
u pray n ask them 2 assist u in acomplishing wat u want to acomplish!!
n that's wat they do, they pray 4 u, n help u in tyms when u r not even aware!

some tyms u hear a wisper in ur heart asking u not do do a certain thing or go 2 a certain place ( bcuz it might b dangerous)
such voices r d voices of our Angels!
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Genial(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2007
Nella:

Angels DON'T do what u order them 2!!!
u pray n ask them 2 assist u in acomplishing what u want to acomplish!!
n that's what they do, they pray for you, n help u in tyms when you're not even aware!

some tyms u hear a wisper in your heart asking u not do do a certain thing or go 2 a certain place ( bcuz it might b dangerous)
such voices r d voices of our Angels
!

What religion are these assertions from Nella? Certainly not christian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. / Download 47 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Audios By Kenneth E. Hagin On Faith, Healing, / 95-year-old Woman Gets Horn On Her Forehead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.