Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,782 members, 7,915,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:01 PM

Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles (26703 Views)

Peace Samuel Omana: Multicoloured Eyed Girl At Mile 12 Market Cute Photoshoot / Abia Government To Partner With Cancer Googles Inventor Dr Samuel Achilefu? / Nigerian Inventor Of 'cancer Goggles' Receives St. Louis Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by francizy(m): 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
nerodenero:
Dr. Zakare, a Ghanaian turned Nigerian. He couldn't believe how most of my colleagues manoeuvred and passed his Electromagnetism grin

LmaƓ! grin chai! That man made me hate physics 131 (heat and properties of matter) with passion mehn! In that course, I had my lowest grade in ABU, just like of the other useless courses too. Walahi, Zakari na goat!

Which set are you bro? Me's U07..
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by tscara(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
NewsHub:

You are very right. But i don't know if it is common with the Igbo race or just the myopic Igbos on Nairaland. Very funny set of people!!!
Just the myopic ones on nairaland. I was so embarrassed by the front page. Almost all comments were chest beating. cry

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by sukkot: 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
gatiano:
Very good for sir, My Bros. I do know you specifically as one woken from the deep slumber of forgetfulness. There are however, people who still worship the whiteman's image, or in modern term, defines whatever they see or hear in whiteman's defination.

That there won't be peace in Africa until or except the european union and america intervene is a simple worship of the whiteman.
That We can't beat boko haram without the support of france, england, america is a simple worship of the whiteman.
All over our various churches and mosques are the images of a whiteman and whitewoman.

I did not make the statement to accuse anybody, I made it so that We may reflect and think.
my bros i was just pulling ya leg, as they say. but you are very correct in that most of our brethren worship the white man but can you really blame them ? our black leaders have all failed us. they are busy looting and keeping the money in foreign banks. so as you know, 95 percent of humans are created as zombies to be led and these 95 percent align with who they see as superior hence why they worship the white man. there is nothing you can do about the zombies. you have to let them be the zombies they were created to be. however when the sun starts to shine on africa again the zombies will port again. the zombies are like prostitutes, they align mentally spiritually and physically with who is on top.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by breakeven: 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Our best are always leaving our shores because of the inept leadership we always have. We will use quota system to kill them here. Good for them.
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
CSTR2:
Keep deceiving yourself.
I am telling you what i know from experience, you are spewing crap.
If the chinua achebe the role model of most igbos in the diaspora dislikes Nigeria in its entirety, then there is nothing you can do to convince others not to.
Btw, most of the IPOB agitators are based abroad.
You can bet that many of them are dinstinguished scholars.

Most biafran agitators are even diasporans. They pursue it more than the ones here
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by sukkot: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonaira:

The richest black person is Oprah Winfrey, an African American, followed by Micheal Jordan, An African American then Tiger Woods, then Sean Combs, Mariah Carey, etc

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-20-richest-african-americans/worlds-richest-people-lists?page=5
http://blackbergtv.com/the-richest-black-people-african-americans-people-in-2015/

He's not even ranked in any of the rank for the richest black people in America or richest African American.
kase lawal is a billionaire. tiger woods and sean combs and mariah carey are not billionaires. dummy what you just did is get the rich list for entertainers. smh. kase lawal is not a rapper you know ?
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
new2020:
The day Biafra will come is the day the world will witnessed a giant in an African black nation and the genius of the Igbos. I believe these inventions are just the beginning, wait and see!

Moderator move this to front page now
I pray you get your Biafra, but it's going to be like any other African s..h ie.t hole when you do
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
lifeisshort1:
After reading the comments above, I concluded that igbos have serious inferiority complex.other tribes in Nigeria sees any successful Nigerian as a NIGERIAN..., not hausa, yoruba, fulani, edo etc.

Nothing like inferiority complex. It's a natural human instinct to yell out loud to be heard when carrying a burden far more than their compatriots especially when compounded by marginalization and unappreciation. This is common sense which is why they want out!

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Jobneeded12: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
lifeisshort1:
After reading the comments above, I concluded that igbos have serious inferiority complex.other tribes in Nigeria sees any successful Nigerian as a NIGERIAN..., not hausa, yoruba, fulani, edo etc.

My exact point
Inferiority complex as a result of a traumatic history

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Jobneeded12: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
new2020:

Nothing like inferiority complex. It's a natural human instinct to yell out loud to be heard when carrying a burden far more than their compatriots especially when compounded by marginalization and unappreciation. This is common sense!

ITS INFERIORITY COMPLEX

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Jobneeded12: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
sukkot:
kase lawal is a billionaire. tiger woods and sean combs and mariah carey are not billionaires. dummy what you just did is get the rich list for entertainers. smh. kase lawal is not a rapper you know ?

YORUBA LEAVE THE CHEST BEATING FOR THE UNEDUCATED IGBOS

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by sukkot: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jobneeded12:

YORUBA LEAVE THE CHEST BEATING FOR THE UNEDUCATED IGBOS
lol bruh am enjoying this. i got nothing better to do with my time right now so why not eh ? its fun
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Jobneeded12: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
sukkot:
lol bruh am enjoying this. i got nothing better to do with my time right now so why not eh ? its fun

Loool I know I like seeing the look on there face when the greatest list in any thing comes out and Na "Lazy" Yoruba dey dominate them.

Let the Ibo bask in ignorance I enjoy watching them fool themselves

Shey they own 75% of Abuja & Lagos lol
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by tevinsolt: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonaira:

Are this nigg@s serious? I even saw someone compare this man work to Seun's NL. Are you people serious?

This man created a device that no one else have ever built that can be used to save millions of life and you are here comparing that to that sh1t you wrote up there. See Insult, it's even worse than an insult. Infact, Achliefu needs to come slap una.

you don't think he really did all the work that went into the production of this device do you?, for all I care just like most people that introduce new products to the market, they hired the skills of qualified engineers to make their thought come alive.
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by tevinsolt: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonaira:

Can you even imagine. The guy is comparing an oil mogul to this.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
It's like comparing albert einstein to Oprah or Dangote

Yoruba people are pathetic. I'm even getting offended for Achliefu. WTF kain of insult.

only in this case this man is in no way in parallel to Einstein. He is just an inventor according to this story.
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by nonaira: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
sukkot:

I even went and researched the guy. His network isn't as high as Oprah Winfrey, talkless of Robert L. Johnson yet you self pushed him as the "richest black person in America". To top of it all off, the media rumor is his company is going bankrupt and being bailed out by the government (even though he denied it), likewise their family, specficially his brother Mukaila Lawal, is involved in a corruption Gold Scam in Congo and according to the paper, Kase Lawal is equally linked to that scam.

Shit, even his billion is just a freaking 1 billion pretty much the same amount Chinedu Echeruo. Sh1t I was here taking you seriously. waste of my time. Good bye.

4 Likes

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by nonaira: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
tevinsolt:

only in this case this man is in no way in parallel to Einstein. He is just an inventor according to this story.

I never said he was like Einstein. I said it's like comparing Einstein to Oprah or Dangote aka comparing someone that built something that's impacting the world and will continue impacting the future generation to people that didn't...the only thing they are known for is being rich and that richness won't impact any of us neither will the future generation benefit from it either.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by sukkot: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonaira:

I even went and researched the guy. His network isn't as high as Oprah Winfrey, talkless of Robert L. Johnson yet you self pushed him as the "richest black person in America". To top of it all off, the media rumor is his company is going bankrupt and being bailed out by the government (even though he denied it), likewise their family, specficially his brother Mukaila Lawal, is involved in a corruption Gold Scam in Congo and according to the paper, Kase Lawal is equally linked to that scam.

Shit, even his billion is just a freaking 1 billion pretty much the same amount Chinedu Echeruo. Sh1t I was here taking you seriously. waste of my time. Good bye.
and how much is this your man in this thread worth that you are chest beating about ? i dont think he has 1 million dollars in his account. so whats your point ? kase lawal can pay that guys salary for the next 1000 years so why are you chest beating about a man who made simple goggles ? its only goggles you know ?

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by mickey45: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
fr3do:

unity is power, why hasn't USA merged with mexico and canada to form a bigger country?
It is wise to be in the same gathering with people who share same interests and views (to some extent) with you.
The tribes of Nigeria are undoing theirselves in this colonial contraption (ethnic cleansing in the north, oba of lagos' lagoon threat, counter protest for xenophobic doctor Ariyo, hate on social media e.t.c).
in precolonial times the ethnic nations though traded together, chose to live seperately.

There is pride and nobility in a nationalist struggle.
Scotland as developped as it is, time to time hold referendums to determine if they should leave britian.

It was a man that formed Nigeria, an ignorant slave trader for that matter, all pleas for Igbos to remain in one Nigeria should be made after a referendum has been called.

"Biafra" sent the man on Scholarship to france right. U people n ur reasonings somtimes.
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
kettykings:
This is really very good news, biafra willingly surrendered to the Nigerian army but 40 years after biafrans are ruling the world.
Represented by okonjo iweala, Chinamanda, Chinedu Echeruo, Emeagwali, Barth Nnaji, chuka umunna and millions of others.

I understand one Akwaibom students broke a world record in mathematics in Japan this year another Akwaibom ruled the world of boxing few years back

It seems the only thing Nigerians are good and better than biafrans in is in only alliance against biafrans and it's people.

Don't say this thing loud...
Before south hate go begin say Igbo is dominating Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
new2020:
The day Biafra will come is the day the world will witnessed a giant in an African black nation and the genius of the Igbos. I believe these inventions are just the beginning, wait and see!

Moderator move this to front page now
Nonsense. I am Igbo but I hate it when igbos brag. If you are feeling like igbos are superior to other tribes I hope you wouldn't complain when the white man says he is superior to black people. Your belief that igbos are superior to every other tribes is pure NONSENSE. Other tribes can achieve the same thing cos we are all humans.
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by mickey45: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
daamazing:
I Watched dis on discovery world dis mornin but neva knew he was an aba man

Being from Aba does not a genius make...
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by nonaira: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
sukkot:
and how much is this your man in this thread worth that you are chest beating about ? i dont think he has 1 million dollars in his account. so whats your point ? kase lawal can pay that guys salary for the next 1000 years so why are you chest beating about a man who made simple goggles ? its only goggles you know ?

Google it, his network was 1.5 billion and that was in 2010 when his story was circulating all over. Considering they said he was conned out of $62 million from Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, the conglese warlord, him and his brother was dealing with during their Gold scam thing over there, his network most likely is less than billion right now to be honest, likewise considering rumor saying that his company is going bankrupt, me giving him $1 billion is just me being nice.

Are u freaking serious about asking how much this Achliefu net worth is? Right now the guy is not a billionaire but considering what his invention entitles then best believe that device would sell worldwide so except him to become a billionaire in less than few years that is if he's actually smart enough to sell and not just donate the technology away.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by mickey45: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
BTT:
That is our son. We are proud of him!

And the ones feeding us fake drugs are your Aliens isn't it.

He's one out of the many humans who have decided to abandon the selfish craze for "fat" account balances n rather devote their time n energy to alleviating our collective sufferings / maladies
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by sukkot: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
nonaira:

Google it, his network was 1.5 billion and that was in 2010 when his story was circulating all over. Considering they said he was conned out of $62 million from Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, the conglese warlord, him and his brother was dealing with during their Gold scam thing over there, his network most likely is less than billion right now to be honest, likewise considering rumor saying that his company is going bankrupt, me giving him $1 billion is just me being nice.

Are u freaking serious about asking how much this Achliefu net worth is? Right now the guy is not a billionaire but considering what his invention entitles then best believe that device would sell worldwide so except him to become a billionaire in less than few years that is if he's actually smart enough to sell and not just donate the technology away.
go and sit your a55 down somewhere. nobody will buy his goggles for more than a million dollars and thats me been generous. he will be lucky if they offer him 100 grand
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by olad2020: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
liberty300:
Respect to the Jews of Africa. Nigerians keep stepping on them but the world keeps embracing them. I remember a couple of years back when this news broke out on nairaland about the invention, trust them Yorubas to play it down with different forms of mockery, the news didn't even make front page back then. But that didn't stop this strong man, God bless Igbos of nigeria.

Although it might kill some to admit but the Igbos are nigeria's ticket to greater heights. Forget your bigotry and admit this truth then maybe, just maybe we can forge ahead from there
Re: Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles by olad2020: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
liberty300:
Respect to the Jews of Africa. Nigerians keep stepping on them but the world keeps embracing them. I remember a couple of years back when this news broke out on nairaland about the invention, trust them Yorubas to play it down with different forms of mockery, the news didn't even make front page back then. But that didn't stop this strong man, God bless Igbos of nigeria.

Although it might kill some to admit but the Igbos are nigeria's ticket to greater heights. Forget your bigotry and admit this truth then maybe, just maybe we can forge ahead from there

As much as I love IBOs, I beg to question the fact that Ibos have ties to Jews, kindly read my view.

Jews are who they are because they follow are set of principles(given by God). These principles were given to them for this reason, so they will be separated from other nations. So we know them only by these principles they follow(see 5 books of moses gen-deut)

You spot a Jewish guy anywhere in the world and you day 'hey, that guy's a jew' cause his practices say 'hey, I follow God's rules given to my ancestors and I also will pass these rules to my future generation(as instructed by GodGod).

My question is how can IBOs prove to jews they are one of them without sharing these same traditions/believes (which has been passed down for centuries to all Jewish generations) and acting it out?
How did you miss that?

Anyone have a different theory? Pls share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Dental Clinic In Ikeja (lagos Mainland)? / Suspects Arrested For Alleged Production Of Adulterated Alcohol In Lagos / Health Benefits Of Ginger And Garlic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.