Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,834 members, 7,969,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:58 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552643 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the heads up- I informed my younger brother right before he filled the lottery form for his first time not to even think about it. He has to come back home to renew his visa, and I dont want it to be an issue for him.

I will leave my own case to God.

Now, I want to see more examples of visa interviews because they are more enlightening
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Chuks4liv,Must you comment on a post??If you know a member is wrong on what he/she posted,You can just say that Politely and not raining insults on members here, All of us are here to learn, We in the USA ask Professors questions and they answer with all respect and take time to explain and they don't insult us in the process.Watch your mouth.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2010
seedord247

I hardly chat. However, let me know the next time that you'll be online. I can make an exception.

layric

Abj, soon. Be checking vfs starting from 23.00hrs till 05.00hrs, following day. You should see if you are consistent. G'luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
ojaP

What can you say about the route to the US Embassy, Abuja? Did you stay in an hotel when you had your interview? I would appreciate any information that you are able to share.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
aroy1
thanks for the information , i have been checking there's no date for nov again and pls can you help me out .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2010
@aroy1,sincerely speaking,i don't know the route oooo,my dad was travelleing to Abuja that very day so i seized the opportunity, I hope you grab.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 11:25pm On Oct 31, 2010
I am very sure u will find a date keep checking, this is better if u have internet at home, you can simple make the booking because sometimes dey are available date at nights. anyway dont sleep, stay away and check u will get to America and you can sleeep enough. I wish you luck.
For route you either go by air or by road, the embassy is at Central District Area, I stayed in an Hotel and it cost me 6k per night but I think they are cheaper ones you can get. j
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
layric

Right now, at Abuja mission, there are available dates in December. Book that first. Keep checking and if you are able to find November later, you cancel and rebook.

ojaP, bomly, others

I meant when you were already inside Abuja. Are there usually traffic hold-ups on the route to the embassy? Do you take "drop" there? From where? Etc, etc., etc.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2010
bomly
Thanks i will keep checking for dates i hope i get what am looking for. cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:07am On Nov 01, 2010
gulag

Insularity is destructive.

Suppose your brother gets selected in the lottery, and of course every applicant has an equal chance of this, he probably will NEVER need to APPLY for or RENEW US visas again for the rest of his life.

F1 visa can be denied, same applies to visa renewal, but a selected and processed visa lottery entrant is a US LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT. You are free to work, study, live, and travel UNRESTRICTEDLY. You pay US citizen tuition at school, which is far less than what an F1 visa holder pays. You have no fear of running out of status, deportation, and SEVIS fee and Form I-20 are FOREVER inapplicable to you; you are able to secure loans, and more importantly,you NEVER need any US citizen to ENSLAVE you because you want to get your permanent residence. Many countries either allow you visa-free visits or make their visa processes not stressful for you. You also becomes a US citizen in 4-5years if you wish.

Your brother has a chance of getting selected in the lottery and everything falls into place for him. He also has a chance of F1 visa denial, applying for the lottery or not, in which everything[b] falls out of place for him[/b]. 

@ gulag and others

I hate unnecessary typings or brainless arguments. If you disagree with the above, I will not counterclaim, no matter what you say to me. I have better and more productive things to do with my time. This is my last post on visa lottery versus F1 visa. Goodluck to everyone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DHighPries: 4:02am On Nov 01, 2010
It would be much easier financial wise if y'all can switch to a 2yr community college as soon as possible. Its cheaper over there and easier to make straight As if you are a serious student. Once you are done, it would be very easy to get a scholarship into a 4yr University.
Good Luck!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 6:31am On Nov 01, 2010
aroy1:

gulag

Insularity is destructive.

Suppose your brother gets selected in the lottery, and of course every applicant has an equal chance of this, he probably will NEVER need to APPLY for or RENEW US visas again for the rest of his life.

F1 visa can be denied, same applies to visa renewal, but a selected and processed visa lottery entrant is a US LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT. You are free to work, study, live, and travel UNRESTRICTEDLY. You pay US citizen tuition at school, which is far less than what an F1 visa holder pays. You have no fear of running out of status, deportation, and SEVIS fee and Form I-20 are FOREVER inapplicable to you; you are able to secure loans, and more importantly,you NEVER need any US citizen to ENSLAVE you because you want to get your permanent residence. Many countries either allow you visa-free visits or make their visa processes not stressful for you. You also becomes a US citizen in 4-5years if you wish.

Your brother has a chance of getting selected in the lottery and everything falls into place for him. He also has a chance of F1 visa denial, applying for the lottery or not, in which everything[b] falls out of place for him[/b]. 

@ gulag and others

I hate unnecessary typings or brainless arguments. If you disagree with the above, I will not counterclaim, no matter what you say to me. I have better and more productive things to do with my time. This is my last post on visa lottery versus F1 visa. Goodluck to everyone.

Do you have facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Embassy-Asmara-Eritrea/213168690119

This is run by the US embassy in Eritea. Someone asked them the same question on the lottery and they said exactly the same thing. No need to comment but its good to provide issues for future students. If the consulate can say the same thing can you argue otherwise?

If I had known about this info, I would not have applied, so it is good to let other ppl know about this info so that they can make their choices wisely. Its not widely publicised
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2010
@ OJAP,  I insulted no-one but made a point clear,

To be candid with you American Embassy is the easiest when it comes to Student Visa. Have you tried applying for Visa in U.K, Canada, FINLAND etc and imagine how many weeks/month it going to take them to process just a student visa. The U.S  consular website clearly state that every applicant "Irrespective of your status' is a potential immigrant, so playing a lottery does not ascertain you a immigrant yet unless you Win.
   Mind you the U.S organization that handles lottery matter is located in Kentucky while Sevis handles student related record and others things inclusive. Whether you play lottery or not , if the consular is going to grant you the Visa its a decision that have to be made either by you (if you can convince the consular  ) or the consular ,  The BAR CODE thing, if bar code can't detect people who lie that dey don't have relation in U.S shey naaa lottery he go come dey detect, I beggiii make una dey shadow wella oooo  cool cool wink

@ gulag, Leave Eritrea out of this matter, do you know that the fair treatment they give to us here is never given to Indian applicant in their own country. One of our forum member got rejected when he applied for U.S student visa in India even though the father of this dude is Nigerian ambassador in India it was when he came here to apply they granted him one time. So if a consular gives his opinion that doesn't generalize to fact,  The fact you should always bear is Consular are mini gods so you ability to come to terms with them determine if you will be granted or Not

POINT OF CORRECTION FOR THOSE WHO ATTACK ME UNJUSTLY, I DONT JUST COME HERE TO WRITE FOR PPL TO HAIL ME OR CALL ME A GURU, ANYTHING I SAY HERE, TAKE IT AS A FACT SIMPLY BECOS I HAVE CARRIED OUT MY RESEARCH AND HAVE EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT. SO DONT ALWAY BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ OR WHAT SOMEONE TELLS YOU. DO YOUR FINDINGS BEFORE YOU CONCLUDE,  THAT WAS HOW I WROTE HERE THE OTHER TIME SOMEONE CAN RE-INSTATE TO ANOTHER SCH WITHOUT HAVING TO ATTEND THE SCH ON HIS PASSPORT, SOME PPL LASHED AT ME,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2010
Please why is everyone arguing about Visa lottery.

Wait till someone that has applied for visa lottery goes for student visa and lets see what happens and the questions directed to him or her.

We like being too perfect in this thread. Every1 wants to show his or herself that is why I am always warning pple to be themselves and be realistic. You don't have to be the best in English, the best in linguistic, the best visa applicant or the best writer. We are all visa applicants or have already received our visa.

If we knew it all, why are we here, we can as well do it on our own. But a problem shared is a problem solved. Every bodies input are very important and appreciated. We have a common goal to make it in life since the Nigerian economy is competitive.

This spring 2011 set is very somehow compared to Fall 2010. Please lets waste our energies on getting this visa process over and done with. Stop all these ITK (I too know) attitude, its making this thread stagnant.

I love u all so much, hugs and kisses muaaaaa ( Y'all know I like to add a little joke to ease the tension)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2010
I'm not proving to know it all and that is why I hardly make comment here but what I know I beat my chest to it, I have bunch of applicant(friends) whom  I know welllaaaa that played DV lottery last year and got their F-1 visa ; spring last year and fall this year, So watin person go come dey yan me for here   grin grin grin grin,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2010
Cuddlemii:

Please why is everyone arguing about Visa lottery.

Wait till someone that has applied for visa lottery goes for student visa and lets see what happens and the questions directed to him or her.

We like being too perfect in this thread. Every1 wants to show his or herself that is why I am always warning pple to be themselves and be realistic. You don't have to be the best in English, the best in linguistic, the best visa applicant or the best writer. We are all visa applicants or have already received our visa.

If we knew it all, why are we here, we can as well do it on our own. But a problem shared is a problem solved. Every bodies input are very important and appreciated. We have a common goal to make it in life since the Nigerian economy is competitive.

This spring 2011 set is very somehow compared to Fall 2010. Please lets waste our energies on getting this visa process over and done with. Stop all these ITK (I too know) attitude, its making this thread stagnant.

I love u all so much, hugs and kisses muaaaaa ( Y'all know I like to add a little joke to ease the tension)

@ bolded, Indeed! grin

Still expecting your reply to my email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 11:58am On Nov 01, 2010
Hello house,

Who has paid his/her SEVIS fee through Ecobank in Benin? I want to know the exact amount to be paid in Naira if paying just 200 dollars.

I went to seme border today and Ecobank didn't open. I was told that the country is celebrating some kind of festival for their ancestors.

pls, holla as i will be going back soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quod: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2010
@house and superbrain,aroy coud you please help me with GRE materials.I would appreciate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ house i have been trying to view my sat result but i cant see it. they on showing me the previous one i took. i mean i want to view the one i took on October 09 but i can only see the one i took on june. how do i go about it, cos thats the one i want to use for my interview. Pls i need an urgent answer towards this
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ callygood
Pls can you let me know when you planing to go back thee and how much i want to pay mine too and we can go together am in lag and can we chat on yahoo?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ superbrain

I have replied ur email at last. Enjoy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Helo! sponsor aren't allow from U.S ur sponsor must be ur dad/mum or ur guardian. don't try to make a mistake using some1 frm outside ur country has a sponsor
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
This is exactly why Most people that were here when we were applying for visa have refused to come back here. Some fool wiill sit at the comfort of his room or parlour and insult others because there is free MTN internet for you.

Whoever is insulting Bomny because of her suggestion is probably the one I'm talking to and, if you are so fond of insulting people this is to you too.

About Visa lottery and Student Visa, if you have common sense you would know that they both contradict themselves, and if You get the visa and have applied for DV, it is not because they dont know it is because you are lucky.

Everything about america is Databased, I know this for sure because of the way things are done here. How is a school able to communicate with Immigration without having to go to their office or making a phone call? It is because they have other ways of communicating!

If You think you are smart and register for Lottery and you think they wont know you are a bigger fool than the person you are insulting. They know more than you think they know. They are even able to read most people. We all should just wait, I dont pray but one person would be denied based on this very soon.

The only advice I have, which I gave before, if You have applied, pray to your God that it does not count against you, if You have not please, just prepare for your interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ok thats enough with the insults left, right and center. Everyone should shut it whether u were in the US, about to be in the US or you are still in the US.

This thread is not for perfectionist and commandants. If you are so keen on making orders, then u go to the barracks. I want to believe we are all matured and cultured people. Please lets conduct ourselves appropriately.

What is all this fuzz about visa lottery. Lets get pass this lottery thing and focus please. And defenders of the universe, I am sure pple argueing can sort themselves out. Lets mind our biz and focus on biz.

Naijas waste too much time on irrelevant things and that why we are backwards in everything we do.

For all of u in America that like feeling too brainy, let it reflect in ur studies, dont bring ur cocky selves here. If you want God to use you (peeps in US) to bless others with Ur experiences, then share your testimonies and help out, If not, Im sure ur grades need u most.

For those of u that are in naija, u beta focus ur minds on getting there and stop wasting valuable time on backward discourse.

Its either u r ready to unite as one (Naija love) or u scram, there are no masters in this thread, we are all friends.

God is love and I love you all, muaaaaaaaaaaaah ( U know I bring fun to this tensed thread)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
djunit1:

This is exactly why Most people that were here when we were applying for visa have refused to come back here. Some fool wiill sit at the comfort of his room or parlour and insult others because there is free MTN internet for you.

Whoever is insulting Bomny because of her suggestion is probably the one I'm talking to and, if you are so fond of insulting people this is to you too.

@DJUNIT,, You're a SCHNOOK,SCHMOES & SCHMUCK for that comment you made,(who uses MTN to browse)  Did I ever insult any one here, watin dey worry this SCHIZOPHRENIA ,  If you don't feel like writing something tangible , get your peanut  brain doing something wort while, GET OUT OF THIS PLACE JOOR,  MR. OVERSABBI
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
ok now are u saying dat pple applying for dvlottery and also applying for F-1 visa there is a contradict abt it. Sorry i will

like to knw why u saying dis coz applying for dvlottery and F-1 visa both doesnot have effect d only different is dat

dvlottery is green card why F-1 is student visa

I will like to knw why u saying dvlottery and F-1 contradict
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
@layric

I will be going tomorrow(tuesday) again. where are you in lagos?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hello Everyone,

The house is getting hot over nothing. anyway my simple advice for
Spring Applicant: Focus on how to get appointment dates, prepare for your visa interview/securing your visa and traveling down to begin your studies. This is an open forum for exchange of ideas, We don't have to counter ourselves because someone said something right or wrong, it's a choice to choose whatever information your given. Anyway I think the best thing is uniting and supporting ourselves.
Enjoy guys
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2010
@house

Are we here to argue or to advise each other regarding visa application?

You should all cut the crap. If you are interested in dvlottery, feel free to apply. If you are not, then stay away from it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djlo2k(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
Am Planning on going to the US for studies, the post here has been pretty helpful. At least i know how to go about my visa application. Thanks to you guys.God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.