Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,890 members, 7,969,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:50 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2010
OK, whether RIGHT or WRONG,   a theory exist and that is  "SEVIS PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED IN NIGERIA NO MORE ARGUEMENT" anybody gone for interview lately,

@SOLO4DEJI, Hint guys watin be the latest trend at the embassy now, so they don't fall prey too
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
LATEST NEWS

to all the people going for their interview this month. This is for you. 2 people were denied today for not knowing the school location. no interview, just to locate their school in a blank map and they couldn't. so, they were denied. guys, the best option now is to prepare from all angles.
if you fit know the name of a stone, sand, taxi colour, gov, anything at all in US especially your school state, now is the time to read anything readable
my interview is still 6th dec
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2010
@house

go anywhere in the world, you cannot pay sevis fee online. sevis fee online payment is not meant for Nigerians. the moment you input your SEVIS ID, the system denotes your Nationality. For some nationalities, payment cant be made through credit card and Nigeria is one of them. You can only pay through western union, cheque or money order. Ask someone in the US to pay for you. he or she only needs your info with school code and SEVIS ID. fill out the voucher for paying cheque or money order then post to the address written on the form

@abbeby,

to pay a sevis fee at seme border, you only need your passport and copy of your I 20

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
Wahala dey house those consular don change there tactics again na map dan dey ask again

make dey locate there school state 4 blank screen frm there computer system.

House those consular don come again.

anybody wey dey go there just dey prepare urs

i wish u na best of luck pple wey dey go 4 nov interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
callygood and chux4liv dat is nice. I like u na. make dey come here talk abt sevis fee again

d tin say embassy don change there question now

i just won tell u house make na go dey prepare urself dey ask anytin dey may not ask ur document

2morrow interview tactics fit change

4 those wey no there school locate 4 map go dey practice wey ur dey 4 map

i don say my own oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo but prepare ur neccessary documents if dat question come

just no how u go tackle it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
Abeg see me oh, what brought about pride talk here kwanu. Am talking my own as I take understand how is it now pride? Is not as easy as putting me through cos what I know for sure is that card payment are not accepted from Nigeria and not because the person is Nigerian. If it now happens to be the latter that I am yet to know but for the former, I know and am very sure. Is anyone above learning! Hmmm, na wah oh!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2010
Spring Applicants attacking themselves, O ga oooooo.Can't you all take a clue from Fall 2010 Applicants.The Success rate was high because they were so matured in dealing with issues and respect every Member views and opinions.All eyes are on you(Spring hopefuls).
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2010
See, 2 people were denied visa. Let us leave all this sevis and lottery bullshit to rest. When u get to the consular, make all the inquiries you want about lottery & Sevis.

Let prepare well for the interview cos if u have all the documents in this life and you are too dumb to reply then your book keeping secretarial work would be in vain.

And for heaven's sake, read the damn post and save pple the hassles of repeating answers to questions that have been addressed here before.

You want to pay for Sevis, go to the border. If you are too busy, I am sure we have brothers keepers here who can help you when doing theirs.

Remember to Practice and Pray. As I said before Google has a lot of answers to the destination you are headed. learn to read tactically .

A week before your interview, you can holler me to drill you for the interview with likely question but hey I am tough so you better bring it.

Take note of:

1) The dean of ur degree
2) Mayor of the state u r going
3) Study the degree itself just incase the consular has a broad knowledge about the course
4) You must know why you picked the school from the others you applied to
5) Then other stuffs on nairaland but u even IT dumps, TOEFL & GMAT change when they see pple are passing too much or they sense fowl play so be ready for any kind of question.
6) Never make a point u can't defend

And for the old timers here, we are aware that you know too much so no need to prove yourselves to us. Infact I see the PHD title you all have. Save us all the poetics and lets focus on getting the hell out of this nation.

Spring 2011, Victory is ours, please don't forget our cocktail party in Jan at POE in Yankee.

Consular: Just come back for your visas, Nairalanders rock, you all are too brilliant

Us Visa thread (all of us): So this visa easy like this sef, O'boy, the interview was fantastic and all of us got our visa in this thread. Halleluyah!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
solo4deji:

Wahala dey house those consular don change there tactics again na map dan dey ask again

make dey locate there school state 4 blank screen frm there computer system.

House those consular don come again.

anybody wey dey go there just dey prepare urs

i wish u na best of luck pple wey dey go 4 nov interview

Well, I was asked sch location too as well as some of my contemporaries, but this one about indicating it  on screen is a new one oh,  anyway, God pass them, 
wish y'all d best!

naggy:

Abeg see me oh, what brought about pride talk here kwanu. Am talking my own as I take understand how is it now pride? Is not as easy as putting me through cos what I know for sure is that card payment are not accepted from Nigeria and not because the person is Nigerian. If it now happens to be the latter that I am yet to know but for the former, I know and am very sure. Is anyone above learning! Hmmm, na wah oh!

Bros, no vex oh, i'm tendering my unreserved apologies,
And if anybody goes ahead & pay online on SEVIS website with any CC frm anywhere, then i'll gladly take back my words!, cos nobodi know am finish!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by slyboggie(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2010
@House.
Advise to all.
Before u ask any question u should pls go tru d whole post, i don see any reason y someone would keep repeatin himself over and over again.

About d sevis.
As far as u r nigerian.u cant pay ur sevis fee online no matter which creditcard u r usin(i tried it myself, using more dan three different cc from different countries)it wont work.
U could also pay ur sevis fee in naira. (go to www.mysevisfee.com) dey r quite relaible i used dem myself(although u would have to pay some extra service charge).

P.s.if u go tru dis thread from d first page to the last, believe me u have a 90percent chance of getting dis visa witout askin d house any further questions(u would only come here wit ur success story and a big smiling face) because d answers r written all over for u(thnks to d gurus in d house), peace out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ sly, please tell them. Too many unnecessary arguments.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
i belive with all these clicks in here i can nor go 4ukup for embassy, na God.
for those who wishes to pay SEVIS FEES i learnt it can be paid using western union, that i can tell for my school
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
Cuddlemii:

See, 2 people were denied visa. Let us leave all this sevis and lottery bullshit to rest. When u get to the consular, make all the inquiries you want about lottery & Sevis.

Let prepare well for the interview cos if u have all the documents in this life and you are too dumb to reply then your book keeping secretarial work would be in vain.

And for heaven's sake, read the damn post and save pple the hassles of repeating answers to questions that have been addressed here before.

You want to pay for Sevis, go to the border. If you are too busy, I am sure we have brothers keepers here who can help you when doing theirs.

Remember to Practice and Pray. As I said before Google has a lot of answers to the destination you are headed. learn to read tactically .

A week before your interview, you can holler me to drill you for the interview with likely question but hey I am tough so you better bring it.

Take note of:

1) The dean of your degree
2) Mayor of the state u r going
3) Study the degree itself just incase the consular has a broad knowledge about the course
4) You must know why you picked the school from the others you applied to
5) Then other stuffs on nairaland but u even IT dumps, TOEFL & GMAT change when they see pple are passing too much or they sense fowl play so be ready for any kind of question.
6) Never make a point u can't defend

And for the old timers here, we are aware that you know too much so no need to prove yourselves to us. Infact I see the PHD title you all have. Save us all the poetics and lets focus on getting the hell out of this nation.

Spring 2011, Victory is ours, please don't forget our cocktail party in Jan at POE in Yankee.

Consular: Just come back for your visas, Nairalanders rock, you all are too brilliant

Us Visa thread (all of us): So this visa easy like this sef, O'boy, the interview was fantastic and all of us got our visa in this thread. Halleluyah!!!

@Cuddlemii, I'm really delighted by this enlightening post of yours. God bless you and victory will definitely be ours in Jesus name
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2010
By the way, where is " sanciro " ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2010
i visited the website www.mysevisfee.com. Is it really a tries and trusted site? Cause i am not in lagos and it is kind of impossible for me to go to seme to pay. can anyone help me out?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
aroy1:

By the way, where is " sanciro " ?

Yes so, i always think of him regarding his interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
No more intellect on this thread again. Its battle of supremacy we now have. I too know is killing everybody. From lottery to SEVIS we will soon have Security.
Gone are the days when this thread was the best in the world.
Best of luck to you guys
Am out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2010
@house, Someone told me that i can pay my sevis fee at an outfit called GIVEA at kingsway building close to tastee fried chicken on the Island.
I need to confirm if anyone inthis house know this guys and if they can be trusted.
@Nairalander in Lagos, Na now we need una 4 dis investigation o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ Benom

I will advice you not to try it, The best thing for you to do now, since you can't come to Lagos you can as-well look 4 someone you know in Lagos that could help you. I don't even trust Nigerian ATM not to talk of their website.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2010
OjaP:

Spring Applicants attacking themselves, O ga oooooo.Can't you all take a clue from Fall 2010 Applicants.The Success rate was high because they were so matured in dealing with issues and respect every Member views and opinions.All eyes are on you(Spring hopefuls).

you don talk am finish! I remember, how I got stuck in traffic just to go meet a fellow applicant to discuss. I nor even fit remember how many times police chop my money for bribe when I dey drive to one applicant location just to get some information. But now na insult them dey insult person. I nor dey swear for anyone but lets face the truth, visa go short this time, because na spring and no unity and no respect for each other.

As for those who do not need  the visa, please leave this thread alone, I believe this thread was created for those that need visa.

As for SEVIS, you can only pay through western union. Which means you can use a card to pay through western union.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2010
djunit1:

[b][/b]

visa go short this time,
[quote][/quote]

Wetin you con dey do , pls djunit all we need now is prayer not curse.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 11:17pm On Nov 03, 2010
I really need some help on this seme thing oh! My interview is fast approaching.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ house, all the sevis town criers should shut up before we drive all the gurus of fall 2010 away because of our arguments and persistence.

What is it sef, when we are not in Kindergarten. How are we going to face the consular when we cant even manage minor issues like this. In fact don't pay for the sevis and give us peace in this thread.

They have answered the Sevis issue like 20 times on this thread even me wey never pay for my sevis has addressed this issue a zillion times. Some of you sef, the institution you applied to has given you heads up about this sevis thing. You people just want to constitute a nuisance.

if you can't read the thread, im sure there are primary school pupils arnd ur zones that would read for u. Arrant nonsense!!!

I don't get abusive but we are too old for this shit, we are potential managers and see how unproductive we all are. Lets be swift, witty & prompt. This world is not for the living livered.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 2:28am On Nov 04, 2010
Why is it that we aint talking strictly about US visa enquiries and stuffs like pasting past interviews and experiences, even advices like those of summer. i really feel their stizzzz. Can we make a difference cos i have promised to always be here. As for those with the SEVIS fee paymen problem, i still believe in Paying in SEME. its seem to pay off though i have not done mine but know the step. i have received my I 20 some days ago and have booked for 16th of December for Abuja consular office. I have not paid my MRV as well as SEVIS fee. i will do that soon sha. pls lets keep this place alive. Wat ya fing
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 3:26am On Nov 04, 2010
benom:

I really need some help on this seme thing oh! My interview is fast approaching.

@ Benom, You can beg one of those going to Seme to pay for you, ( tochuksj, u can fit help d guy)
alternatively, I can help pay from here, do let me know if u choose the latter,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2010
@DASLEEKY, I'll appreciate if u can help me out. Pls inbox me your details today.
Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biofem2000: 6:04am On Nov 04, 2010
Re SEVIS Fee
This is my experience.  I live and work in the US.  I tried to pay my brother` sevis fee using my credit card, as soon as I entered the SEVIS no, I got the message that I CAN NOT pay for applicants fee using a credit card.  Only western union quick collect or money order is acceptable.  I used money order.
I used western union quick collect for my sister`s friends (4 of them!!!!, lot of work, some americans can be daft!!!!).  The western union quick collect was easy.  SEVIS received the payment immediately, paid on saturday, they printed their receipts on monday (evening).
I agree with everyone that made the suggestion, get a friend that can help you make the payment using western union quick collect within the US

Sponsors
US sponsors are acceptable.  My husband was my brothers sponsor($32,000).  MY HUSBAND does not have the same last name as my brother.  I`m married to a man from another father and mother smiley.  The consular asked my brother who is sponsoring him, he said "my sister and her husband, I also have some savings, shares and landed property".  
The statement of account he had has my husbands name.  But, its OUR money.  The consular asked him if his sister (me) is a US citizen, his response was YES

He asked him, how did she become a citizen, his response was I don`t know.  Her husband and her must have worked something out within themselves.  Clearly, he  doesn`t know smiley or his response would have been she is a naturalised citizen.

The key is to say the truth.  Remember, whatever you want, when you pray, believe you have recieved it and it shall be given unto you smiley)

Cities have mayor.  The mayor is like a local government chairman.  

"chose civility"
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:26am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:38am On Nov 04, 2010
@dasleeky,  I did not receive your mail oh! Please note that the addy did not end with .com, it ended with .ca can u pls resend the mail?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2010
@benom

I was thinking if i could be of help here in  Lagos since you said your interview date is fast approaching and DASLEEKY has promise  to help you out i think that would help. GOOdLUCK

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.