Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,934 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:42 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548878 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by elujah1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2011
please, i have been following the trends here and they are really helpful, i had applied for a us visa and got denied twice, first coz of my over confidence, and second that i wouldn't return. I want to go for a flight training course, i work with an aviation agency and i want to reply much later this year, please i need your advice. Thanks peeps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 1:55am On Jan 27, 2011
It looks like I go dey round two in june-august

I just got an offer to do my PhD at Stanford University with a 28,000 dollars stipend, but I am not too happy because admission is the easiest step and visa is the most difficult step sha.

Also I have multiple flags but we go see
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 4:44am On Jan 27, 2011
gulag:

I just got an offer to do my PhD at Stanford University with a 28,000 dollars stipend, but I am not too happy because admission is the easiest step and visa is the most difficult step sha.

Congrats bro. That's a big one.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 5:24am On Jan 27, 2011
Thanks, would have to approach the next hurdle. Trying to find out whether lagos or abuja is the best place for a visa interview. Though I am sure people would say go anywhere but I want to do this thing only once. I have to show i will be coming back since dont have to worry about finances
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
masepat:

Ojap,
I agree with you jare. Leave all those guys. I disagree completely with all the "no dis and dat"   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
It depends on how you play your card.
For me, this place is smooth, easy and excellent. No exceptions!

Na the 2days u don doo for yankee make u arrive at this conclusion about playing cards well? well in life u knw say pple goals different and some pple sky na others stepping stone,  abi u don arrive ur heaven?
Anyways yankyy sweet wella trust me, welcome ,  we all felt same way when we arrived,

Ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gift2020(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
[b]Am just seeing this thread and is really interesting. to be frank, u guys ar doin a great job here smiley. pls i will love to have a one on one chat with seedord247 or anyother person who is fully innto dis schl stuff cos i want to relocate to US as soon as possible, i need guidelines. gifteddamsel@yahoo.com. my email addy[color=#000099][/color][/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
Dantecmu:

Na the 2days u don doo for yankee make u arrive at this conclusion about playing cards well? well in life u knw say pple goals different and some pple sky na others stepping stone,  abi u don arrive your heaven?
Anyways yankyy sweet wella trust me, welcome ,  we all felt same way when we arrived,

Ciao

Dantecmu,
Na you know o!!!!!!!!
I know exactly what I am talking about. If you like, make you don stay reach 10 years for here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Masepat
smiley This soon, shocked shocked exchanging words with you, naaaaa, not me and you , all da best God be with you, cool cool,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
gulag:

Thanks, would have to approach the next hurdle. Trying to find out whether lagos or abuja is the best place for a visa interview. Though I am sure people would say go anywhere but I want to do this thing only once. I have to show i will be coming back since dont have to worry about finances
you have answered the question yourself, its not about the consulate location, na ur hand e dey
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2011
Dantecmu,
Lol.
No troubles. Huggggggggggg!!!!!

Where is cuddlemii by the way? I miss her muaaaaaaa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
Oh boy said : see aunty i didnt come here to come and look mama Charlie like you o- after 3weeks on a six month visit visa

Oh boy was busy serving Mama Charlie in one cold square room after 3 months

Thou shall not be a kangaroo  grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
gift2020:

[b]Am just seeing this thread and is really interesting. to be frank, u guys ar doin a great job here smiley. pls i will love to have a one on one chat with seedord247 or anyother person who is fully innto dis schl stuff cos i want to relocate to US as soon as possible, i need guidelines. gifteddamsel@yahoo.com. my email addy[color=#000099][/color][/b]

We all suck and depends on one woman breast which is Baba God, post yur question and anyone may be of help to you. Are you going for Undergraduate or Graduate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
masepat:

Dantecmu,
Lol.
No troubles. Huggggggggggg!!!!!

Where is cuddlemii by the way? I miss her muaaaaaaa.

I smell trouble lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:42am On Jan 28, 2011
Dantecmu:

Na the 2days u don doo for yankee make u arrive at this conclusion about playing cards well? well in life u knw say pple goals different and some pple sky na others stepping stone,  abi u don arrive your heaven?

Ciao

I didn't feel the same at all!!!!!!!!!!!! The movie clear from my eyes as I stepped out of JFK, As For OjaP and the other guy, them dey speak in parable lol, You can only enjoy this place if you have people to turn to. Not people like me wey be one man Army,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 5:44am On Jan 28, 2011
Ive missed you too, muaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2011
I got my admission to study business economics,instructed that my package (acceptance letter and I-20) be sent to a US address) cos my bros dey come home so he could pick it and b sure it wouldnt get lost.I ask the contact lady to help mail the SEVIS no b4 sending the stuffs to enable me book an early appointment at the embassy which she did.i av an appointment 4march 21 to resume school for april 14th,i av a Bsc in accounting 2003,nw admitted to read bus. Economics,in columbus ohio,my brother who works wit an american oil coy is my sponsor,av workd al d yle and changed job 3rice,wil b 35 by april. Documents:acceptance letter,I-20,sevis recpt,sch certs,mine&sponsors ac statements including a dome acct,bank letter,prescribd embassy forms,letter of sponsorship,certificate of incorporatn of his petroleum products distributn coy which i wil b working on arrival,his tax cert.No txt score cos it wasnt a requirment and that i wish to tel the vo if ask.Guys,wear ur telescopic and vo glasses to disect this case.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwonder: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2011
hi,yankee students you can listen to bbc world service and get a world perspective of news by dialing 1 712 432 6580.very refreshing from the u.s centric news all around the u.s.
world news on the hour
world sport
world have your say
africa have your say
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2011
its me again o, am in the processing of applying to some schools in the us presently but had to put that on hold until i get accurate information on this,
my sponsor is my uncle, he's in the us BUT I've got some reasonable sum of money in my savings accounts and my domiciliary account,thanks to him, do i put myself as my sponsor since i seem to have enough funds in my account or do i state he's my sponsor, a school asked to see my sponsor's statement of account, am not sure if i can get that so to avoid all that is it wise for me to send them my statement of account(s),
i'm in my early twenties if that makes it easier, any and all response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gift2020(f): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2011
I want to go for graduate programme, with HND and Post grad diploma in microbilogyy, wanna study FORENSIC SCIENCE IN TEXAS OR MARYLAND TO BE PRECISE av gotten some schools though. , need some help here seriously but my transcript haz been a problem and do i really need to write GRE??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
What is the problem with your transcript?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ herself, you cannot sponsor yourself. The best you could do is co-sponsor and to do that, be ready to show evidence that you've been working for some time. Try to get your uncle's statement or better still, get him to send it to the school by himself. He can also send you a copy later for your interview. Your co-sponsorship should not be the bulk part of the required amount on your I-20.

@ gift, how is your transcript a problem? About the GRE, if the school does not ask for it, then don't bother about taking it. I will only advise you take the toefl (for visa interview) because you may be asked at the embassy and doing one or both of them (GRE and TOEFL) is good for your visa application. Send in your applications early so you can get a decision in time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 2:58am On Jan 29, 2011
gulag:

Oga, Abuja or lagos no matter, fix your redflag cos with an ivy-league sch's i-20 your visa is 90% sure , all the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
vandops where art thou? I have been in MD since 2 weeks ago, and I have been attending classes. I am already settled in Hyattsville 20783 and I have started attending lectures already. But we still need to talk about other stuffs. I only need info about certain things here, which could be a distraction to this thread which I don't want. Please kindly drop your email or phone number to glytunde@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
I think any one can sponsor him/herself but you must tell them the source of the funds, As long as it is not stolen or embezzled they dont care, All this country ever cares about is the money any way,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bigsale: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2011
Hello House,

I am a new addition to the family even tho i have been following this thread for some days now,big thumb up to you peep helping us here,

Anyways i will be receiving my own form i-20 tomorrow,i just need a little advice from you guys plz any little thing would do,ojaps,djunits,nethacker,superbrain and the rest plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2011
djunit1,u sure about that cos the earlier response i got on this issue kinda scared me so am looking at other options though using my statement of account(s) would have been more convenient for me, please others should let me know what they think on this,abeg.thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ herself, the money in your account, is it a lump sum deposit or accumulated cash? If it is a lump sum deposit then that doesn't look too good. If it is accumulated cash and your statement reflects the cash flow (either through savings or salary payments) then you can go ahead to use it but if I were you, I would look for another option except I've been working for some years and the cash flow is good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:05am On Feb 01, 2011
I'm more than sure you can sponsor yourself. But you are most likely going to face more questions like the source and reasons to show you would be coming back. If the money dey there you are good to go,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2011
Hellooooooooooo Nairalanders!!!!!!!!!

Argh! I've missed alot here oh, Hope y'all are keeping up with the good work? Superbrain, thanks alot, I see you've been single handedly taking care of the numerous inquiries rolling in. God bless you, bro! I see alot of people has gone awol- smoothsail, james2020, layric, kwizzy212, chux4liv and alot more others I no fit remember their names! Please I am appealling, if this thread really helped you, the best way to show your appreciation is by coming back and giving back to the forum in terms of advise and suggestions. We should never forget that sometime ago, we were like these newbies here seeking advise from veterans in one way or the other. Now these ones are looking up to us that scaled the hurdle and so the circle goes on and on. I know some of you are reading this, abeg make una come back help one another. THANK YOU!

Anyway for the person making inquiry for bank statement- yes you can sponsor or co-sponsor yourself but to be on a SAFE side, it will be best to get someone to fully sponsor you rather than being self supported to avoid too much talk talk and questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2011
Yeah, It's your boy smoothsail in da building, walking on the street of Minnesota, yes, back on the forum fully, been pretty busy,

@Naggy: Baws i really appreciate your support and i promise to always return here for any assistance,

Ask and it shall be answered, let's get back here and make our people happy, This is the time for fall, let's get together and do it together, Let's make Nigeria proud. Don't forget WE ARE AFRICANS!!!!!

It's your boy smoothsail, cruising and sailing easily, EASY DE LA CRUISE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>><<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
smoothsail:

Yeah, It's your boy smoothsail in da building, walking on the street of Minnesota, yes, back on the forum fully, been pretty busy,

@Naggy: Baws i really appreciate your support and i promise to always return here for any assistance,

Ask and it shall be answered, let's get back here and make our people happy, This is the time for fall, let's get together and do it together, Let's make Nigeria proud. Don't forget WE ARE AFRICANS!!!!!

It's your boy smoothsail, cruising and sailing easily, EASY DE LA CRUISE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>><<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Long time brroo i have being looking 4 all mean to get yu, where have you been, when you get online you can add me on ym (belly4eva2001)

@house please make una dey pray for me ooooo, this US embassy never call me regarding my Administrative Processing make una help me beg them make dem help person wey no get papa ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.