Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,070 members, 7,916,123 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:57 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (550183 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
thanks a lot, appreciate the thought and effort.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
@house , i am in yankee now , thanks be to God ! i wanna find out if its possible to defer my admission to fall now as i am already in the states? i am not ready to start now , quick responses plsssssssssssssss !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
tee.baba:

@house , i am in yankee now , thanks be to God ! i wanna find out if its possible to defer my admission to fall now as i am already in the states? i am not ready to start now , quick responses plsssssssssssssss !

All of a sudden you wan defer grin grin grin grin It is very possible just go see your international student Adviser but have a good reason if not he wont listen. Plus, why you wan defer now? he would Just ask you why you did not defer when you were still in naija or will you go back to naija if you defer?

JUst have a good story to tell
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
djunit1:

All of a sudden you wan defer grin grin grin grin It is very possible just go see your international student Adviser but have a good reason if not he wont listen. Plus, why you wan defer now? he would Just ask you why you did not defer when you were still in naija or will you go back to naija if you defer?

heheheheheheee, i call dem, dem say make i go back nigeria till am ready to study, say dem go send me new i-20 , i just de laff, i tell am make she kom carry me !

LOL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
djunit1:

Teee man youself i no fit shout oooooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
@tee.baba
All of a sudden you wan defer. It is very possible just go see your international student Adviser but have a good reason if not he won't listen. Plus, why you wan defer now? he would Just ask you why you did not defer when you were still in naija or will you go back to naija if you defer?

Just have a good story to tell

heheheheheheee, i call dem, dem say make i go back nigeria till am ready to study, say dem go send me new i-20 , i just de laff, i tell am make she kom carry me !

LOL

All of una just dey make me dey laugh, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like my Niaja peeps. We no dey dull ourselves at all. So funny. So she wants you to go back home and defer? Very funny

4ril,
How do I contact you?

@masepat

I am in the States already, and I have my orientation tomorrow. Since you are in the states already, please send your phone number to glytunde@yahoo.com. Or just send an email there, and don't forget to put your nairaland ID so that I can know its you,

House,
Trust everyone is going great. The cold for here no be beans!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^ guy na true especially for a first timer like us. My experience of yesterday was soo funny. I went to the ATM to withraw some money. When cold beat my head, I forgot my pin number. I just didnt remember again. I had to check it from my phone. I decided to use the cash with me, but on getting to where I was supposed to buy something, I couldn't remember what i came to buy again. I was just looking at what was displayed, but I wasn't sure I saw anything. My girlf friend there was just laughing, because she already warmed me about the clothes I wore. I guess the cold froze my brain that it affected my memories. grin grin grin

No one thought me before I started dressing warm. Omo, this yankee cold na wah,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Funny people!!! u won defer, u won flex abi?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by slyDdean(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
guyz Where can som1 get english proficiency exam. It is needed 4 travelng out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 4:06am On Jan 19, 2011
@Tee.baba
This man, you sharp o. U no even waste time before u start to dey consider deferral.
I go generally advise say make u try do first semester now. that way e go dey on record say u don report for the school and say u at least show for wetin u come do.
After that u fit sort yourself. I hear say USCIS or wetin be dat dem name fit start to dey follow person if the person enter for port of entry but no show.
Another advise be say if u register for school, u fit find any kind job, no matter how yeye im be, but for the sake of getting a SSN. once u get dat one, your arrangee and other runs and plans would be perhaps easier.
best of luck and remain a good ambassador of nairaland!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oghenskima: 5:10am On Jan 19, 2011
hi my peeps in nairaland,i only login in to nairaland some 2weeks ago.i met this guy vandop and explained to him about my upcoming interview and fears.he gave me courage and introduced me to this guy name cappadona.i chatted with that guy on yahoo cos he had gone to the US with the same career of mine(piloting),i spoke with him and they gave me tips,infact he first interviewed me and corrected my mistakes b4 i went to the embassy yesterday.i was bold,fluent and fearless and behold i was granted a visa for my studies.i want to say to those who have their interview coming up just be brave,couragious and bold and hold all neccessary documents backing ur case and pray, i mean pray very hard and it shall be well.They want to give visa but the problem is that most people can not defend their case properly.

@vandop i salute u,@cappadona u too much,infact u need work for US embassy.I greet u all and wish everyone here success.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2011
omofavour:

@Tee.baba
This man, you sharp o. U no even waste time before u start to dey consider deferral.
I go generally advise say make u try do first semester now. that way e go dey on record say u don report for the school and say u at least show for wetin u come do.
After that u fit sort yourself. I hear say USCIS or wetin be dat dem name fit start to dey follow person if the person enter for port of entry but no show.
Another advise be say if u register for school, u fit find any kind job, no matter how yeye im be, but for the sake of getting a SSN. once u get dat one, your arrangee and other runs and plans would be perhaps easier.
best of luck and remain a good ambassador of nairaland!

You took em words outa ma mouth,

@tee baba
This is the best advice any1 would give to you use it wisely,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2011
oghenskima:

hi my peeps in nairaland,i only login in to nairaland some 2weeks ago.i met this guy vandop and explained to him about my upcoming interview and fears.he gave me courage and introduced me to this guy name cappadona.i chatted with that guy on yahoo cos he had gone to the US with the same career of mine(piloting),i spoke with him and they gave me tips,infact he first interviewed me and corrected my mistakes b4 i went to the embassy yesterday.i was bold,fluent and fearless and behold i was granted a visa for my studies.i want to say to those who have their interview coming up just be brave,couragious and bold and hold all neccessary documents backing your case and pray, i mean pray very hard and it shall be well.They want to give visa but the problem is that most people can not defend their case properly.

@vandop i salute u,@cappadona u too much,infact u need work for US embassy.I greet u all and wish everyone here success.

congrats on recieving ur visa o, we all here to help each other and i'm glad the fruit of that is there for all to see,

herself:

good job guys, been following this thread for a while now and am impressed by the positive response people have gotten on here, am tring to apply to schools in the us for nursing and its been a little difficult, most schools require registered nurses(RN), anybody know how i can get in for BSN direct?, i intend going for fall 2011 and intend to write toefl, can anyone guide me through?, useful websites will be appreciated too, thganks,
application for BSN nursing requires two process, either u take pre-requisite courses from a 2-year or 4-year college and then submit ur application or other choice of being an RN, in ur case, il suggest you apply to a 4-year college of which u can transfer to a 2-year college when u get here, why i say so is because the chances of getting ur visa is more with admission offer frm a 4-yr college rather than 2-year, so u have ur two options, others idea are welcome,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
tee.baba:

omo shocked take am easy o, i'll suggest you do as omofavour talk, it makes sense doing your first semester and then you can either transfer to either a cheap comm college or if u wan to defer the next semester, defering your very first semester does not read well for you in the eyes of the school, becos like it or not if you need to transfer, thereby generating a new i-20, u still need a go-ahead from the school which u originally enterd the US with, consider carefully,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2011
vandops,am aware of that.my plan is to go for the 4 year program, its just being a little stressful searching and getting schools that require just TOEFL and not SAT or ACT, i intend going for fall and can just write toefl cos of the time frame, hopefully,I'll see something i can work with, thanks,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:24am On Jan 20, 2011
herself:

vandops,am aware of that.my plan is to go for the 4 year program, its just being a little stressful searching and getting schools that require just TOEFL and not SAT or ACT, i intend going for fall and can just write toefl cos of the time frame, hopefully,I'll see something i can work with, thanks,

normally SAT aint required if you are 21 years or older except if you want scholarship.my school UMBC don't really require the test score cos you still have to take a placement test when you arrive but im sure there are lotsa schools who don't and my advice, when u do get here, u can transfer to a community college, take your pre-requisite classes at a much lower rate and once done you can apply, just need to know all the requirements for each medical school
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:19am On Jan 20, 2011
tee.baba----------@house , i am in yankee now , thanks be to God ! i wanna find out if its possible to defer my admission to fall now as i am already in the states? i am not ready to start now , quick responses plsssssssssssssss !

Talk to your advisor and file right papers to required places, if by certain date you do not report to school, you have involuntarily declared yourself 'wanted', (ignorance of the law is no excuse) don't forget your primary purpose is to study (F1 visa), you could loose money paid to school and you could be digging a hole for yourself which will take some years to find out. Candid opinion stay in school.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seal777(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2011
Atleast let me show face make i no come be thief wey dey waka for morning. I have read with keen interest all the post and experiences of applicants, i am thrilled.

I DON READ AM SO TAY, I dey take am dream. I have concluded my applications to franklin university, given two weeks to appraise my application before a reply is given and my I-20 sent for booking an appointment.

I am 34,have a first degree in accounting 2004 with 6 years work experience, but going to study business economics with opportunity of transferring credits when my transcript is ready.

My brother, same father same mother who works with Chevron is sponsoring me and i am gonna go study for real but i go jama jama along the line. lol.

Shey nairaland go give me visa?, dem no get choose sef.

Any comment from the veteran and PHD holders in visa application, granted and refussalls.

I HAIL OH
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2011
All these american consular are nothing but a bunch of junkies. I re-appeared at the Abuja embassy today with the newly gotten WES evaluated transcripts. Still NO SHOW, as he didn't even look at any of my docs. I don't think any student was granted 'cos I was there for more than 3 hours. Na wa o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2011
Herself

I'm so soorry that i couldn't get back to you on-time, I have try to research on some schools and they said you need to have (Toefl, High school transcript. waec or any other college you've attend) this are the school below,

http://www2.binghamton.edu/dson/index.html
http://www.uakron.edu/nursing/
http://www.creighton.edu/nursing/
http://www.creighton.edu/nursing/
http://www.nursing.arizona.edu/

You can ping me via email if you have any question.

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2011
Congrats to house members that has been given the green card, and to those that were denied, yours is around the corner,
@all, Pls I need list of schools that offer masters in Economics, I'v tried all the normal search sites, but I'v not been able to come across any, Quick reply will be appreciated,
I posted the above sometimes ago, pls help needed on it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwonder: 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2011
i have greatly benefitted from this thread and would like to give a few tips for frugal living for starters in yankee

1)clothing, you could get some sweaters,jackets from goodwill stores for cheap,plus you get your money back as tax deductible
2)toiletries, i'll rather buy a colgate @ dollartree for $1(generally all toiletries stuff barsoap,tissue,toothpaste are cheaper at a dollar store
3)groceries, walmart and aldi
4)phone, a prepaid phone would do your budget a world of good,straighttalk.net10,metropcs about $30 a month,no thrills,no frills no sweat
5)callcard to nigeria, $2 black and white card is good bout 39 mins,phonecardcentral.com has a per second option,a bit expensive but no hidden charges
6)online purchases, get a visa giftcard for your purchase no extra charges!for buying online from walmart,get a walmart giftcard, they do have great deals online.(shopping with a bank debitcard is just not safe!!!!)
just my 2 cents,would love to benefit from others too. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
Toluth,
what state in US are you thinking of? Idea of location will help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2011
Wilfem:

All these american consular are nothing but a bunch of junkies. I re-appeared at the Abuja embassy today with the newly gotten WES evaluated transcripts. Still NO SHOW, as he didn't even look at any of my docs. I don't think any student was granted 'cos I was there for more than 3 hours. Na wa o!

Really they gave no student? why, and what happened at your interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2011
anfanio:

Toluth,
anfanio, i dey MD also, which side u dey?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 4:39am On Jan 21, 2011
thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2011
anfanio:

Toluth,
Thanks for your prompt reply,
States with a very low tuition, and low living cost will be ok,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
Give me a state and I'll give you a list of colleges from that state. I'm trying to provide information promptly.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
tee.baba:

thanks
Oga, no be just thanks oh, let me spell it out clearly ,  stay in sch or become illegal by feb and watch your back till the day u get your kpali! which and ofcos with no ssn, no id, na to do menial underg jobs,
But then, God's there 4 all!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2011
anfanio:

Give me a state and I'll give you a list of colleges from that state. I'm trying to provide information promptly.
Texas will be great,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
Austin College Sherman, Texas
Hardin-Simmons University Abilene, Texas
Houston Baptist University Houston, Texas
Lamar University Beaumont, Texas

The system thinks i'm dumping a junk mail here, so it wont allow the list. here is a list.

Trinity University San Antonio, Texas
University of Dallas Irving, Texas
University of Houston Houston, Texas
University of North Texas Denton, Texas
University of Texas at Arlington Arlington, Texas
University of Texas at Austin Austin, Texas
University of Texas at Dallas Richardson, Texas
University of Texas: Pan American Edinburg, Texas
West Texas A&M University Canyon, Texas

If you need a more comprehensive list send me an email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
justwonder:

i have greatly benefitted from this thread and would like to give a few tips for frugal living for starters in yankee

1)clothing, you could get some sweaters,jackets from goodwill stores for cheap,plus you get your money back as tax deductible
2)toiletries, i'll rather buy a colgate @ dollartree for $1(generally all toiletries stuff barsoap,tissue,toothpaste are cheaper at a dollar store
3)groceries, walmart and aldi
4)phone, a prepaid phone would do your budget a world of good,straighttalk.net10,metropcs about $30 a month,no thrills,no frills no sweat
5)callcard to nigeria, $2 black and white card is good bout 39 mins,phonecardcentral.com has a per second option,a bit expensive but no hidden charges
6)online purchases, get a visa giftcard for your purchase no extra charges!for buying online from walmart,get a walmart giftcard, they do have great deals online.(shopping with a bank debitcard is just not safe!!!!)
just my 2 cents,would love to benefit from others too. wink

You nor go kill person lol, Most banks will refund your money if truly you had nothing to do with the fraud,

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.