Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,256 members, 7,891,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:59 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549116 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2011
USBound:

@Abats4naija: Thanks. As for my degree, it will be somewhat difficult for me to get a statement of result from my school because I just finished last month. Infact, the result for my final semester is not yet out. The school admitted me this way because I am on a first class. What do you think?

Also, what do you think about wearing a Suit? I am going for a Masters in a business course. Actually, I am thinking of wearing something 'Native'. Abeg just counsel, say your mind.
@usbound as pertained to your degree and transcript im not sure about what the V.O would say about that but be prepared to defend yourself. during my interview the V.O did not ask for my degree but your case might be different.

about the dress code. just look decent and i feel you r good to go. i didnt wear a suit, i just wore a shirt and jeans but i tucked my shirt in. just look smart.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2011
@House
Abeg fall 2011 applicants make una come out oo.those wey don go for their interview make una share experience especially undergraduates.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trancophon: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2011
USBound:

@Abats4naija: Thanks. As for my degree, it will be somewhat difficult for me to get a statement of result from my school because I just finished last month. Infact, the result for my final semester is not yet out. The school admitted me this way because I am on a first class. What do you think?

Also, what do you think about wearing a Suit? I am going for a Masters in a business course. Actually, I am thinking of wearing something 'Native'. Abeg just counsel, say your mind.

You mean native attire? When its not ode iyawo. Shirt and trousers or polo and jeans is alright.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
nairaspace:

It can be corrected in a day if u call, and also u can prepay a pickup via DHL or FEDEX, and they will pick it up for u and u will get it in 5-7days,

And if your mind goes with Spring, No problem, thats fine with you,

Endurance is what matters on this issue (bolded part) not nice at all! shocked

Sir, Transfer or no Transfer, You will still do the whole required courses.

Just apply as freshman and when embassy ask what you havee been doing, show them prove from your present uni in naija, online print out of results can surface here.
Embassy to have problems at all, its the way you defend yourself is what matters.
Shebi, graduate from Uni and even worker self dey go for another Bsc! Jusy package yourself

Before i yan, are u going for graduates and have u worked long enof to have that in your account, moreso, why not leave the "10 million" in your parents account and say they are sponsoring you, this officers no be mumu naw!

They see transcripts everyday, so bro, find your own carry go.

Boss Am going for Undergraduate Course(HR) And (I have not been working) But i use to receive money from my Father property, and i feel like schooling abroad with the.
money i have got so far from the |estate rent Boss, please, should i go with the statement, i have stated it that am sponsoring myself, Am not lying, i have the money in my account, and i got it from my father's property. What do you think Please kindly advise me Now,

Many Thanks

Damilola

Everybody can say his opinion, You are All welcome Thanks Bosses

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 12:05am On Jul 17, 2011
nairaspace:

It can be corrected in a day if u call, and also u can prepay a pickup via DHL or FEDEX, and they will pick it up for u and u will get it in 5-7days,

And if your mind goes with Spring, No problem, thats fine with you,

Endurance is what matters on this issue (bolded part) not nice at all! shocked

Sir, Transfer or no Transfer, You will still do the whole required courses.

Just apply as freshman and when embassy ask what you havee been doing, show them prove from your present uni in naija, online print out of results can surface here.
Embassy to have problems at all, its the way you defend yourself is what matters.
Shebi, graduate from Uni and even worker self dey go for another Bsc! Jusy package yourself

Before i yan, are u going for graduates and have u worked long enof to have that in your account, moreso, why not leave the "10 million" in your parents account and say they are sponsoring you, this officers no be mumu naw!

They see transcripts everyday, so bro, find your own carry go.

@nairaspace

Boss Am going for Undergraduate Course(HR) And (I have not been working) But i use to receive money from my Father property, and i feel like schooling abroad with the.
money i have got so far from the |estate rent Boss, please, should i go with the statement, i have stated it that am sponsoring myself, Am not lying, i have the money in my account, and i got it from my father's property. What do you think Please kindly advise me Now,

Many Thanks

Damilola

@nairaspace
Thanks for your comment but what should i do next
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 12:45am On Jul 17, 2011
Djdammy21:

@nairaspace

Many Thanks

Damilola

@nairaspace

Now you are talking.

I thought u just had 10m in ur account just like that, bro, u will definitely need some proof to show you receive payments, and also your Dad can write letter or affidavit stating there that you are in-charge of the funds that comes out of that estate.

You can also carry the property document, cos this consulars, dem be werey ooo, they might ask, so anything you know you want to say, have a document to back it up incase you are being asked.

Also let them know that your Dad is aware of your intentions and will also support you ; this is where your dads docs can enter.

i hope my little idea helps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:47am On Jul 17, 2011
Djdammy21:

@nairaspace

Boss Am going for Undergraduate Course(HR) And  (I have not been working) But i use to receive money from my Father property, and i feel like schooling abroad with the.
money i have got so far from the |estate rent Boss, please, should i go with the statement,  i have stated it that am sponsoring myself, Am not lying, i have the money in my account, and i got it from my father's property.   What do you think  Please kindly advise me Now,

Many Thanks

Damilola

@nairaspace

^^^^Stop acting formal.

You just prove it now how the huge money gets to your account. So to me, its convincing enough. I think thats what you should tell the V.O
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 12:50am On Jul 17, 2011
imperiouxx:

^^^^Stop acting formal.

You just prove it now how the huge money gets to your account. So to me, its convincing enough. I think thats what you should tell the V.O

imperiouxx    grin  grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:06am On Jul 17, 2011
javeset:

Hello Everyone,

Please I need an advise from anyone who knows about US visa regulations and Immigration Statistic.

I was approved a US student visa in Dec 2010, but due to one problem or the other, I deferred my admission to Fall 2011 which August 2011, that is next month. I contacted the US embassy whether I am going to come for a new interview or not before I asked my school to deffer my admission, but they said but I'd need to receive a new I-20 from the school for Fall semester.

The school had sent me the I-20 for Fall semester back since March 2011,

To summarize the story, now my I-20 has been terminated, and I contacted the Department of State and I explained everything to them. They said since I cannot attend the school again, my visa is officially void.

Now I'm confused I don;t know what to do again.

@javeset,

Look at this statement below quoted from June. It is something similar to yours but why is yours nullified? Hope there can still be a solution.

smoothsail:

Well i'm one of the spring applicants and got my visa a day after the spring classes has resumed, so i've been waiting since January till this moment, well don't have choice than to wait.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2011
Javeset
How many years visa you were granted to make your visa invalid to make your i-20form terminated?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2011
Hello House, I need an urgent response to my question, I am having problem to schedule appointment for over a month now and i have sent several email to book appointment but all was in vain and my school will be resuming August 12 2011 and i have not even paid for my Service fee and till just today the page i am seeing when trying to log on my account to book appointment is "Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page." Please how can i go about this , as i am planning to deffer my admission to spring section as i am not sure if things is going to be sort for my fall admission, My concern is , how am i going to be sure that the problem when scheduling appointment will no persist and how do i go about differing my admission and what are the thing to take note when doing that ??
An answer is needed as soon as possible.
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2011
nairaspace:

Now you are talking.

I thought u just had 10m in your account just like that, bro, u will definitely need some proof to show you receive payments, and also your Dad can write letter or affidavit stating there that you are in-charge of the funds that comes out of that estate.

You can also carry the property document, cos this consulars, dem be werey ooo, they might ask, so anything you know you want to say, have a document to back it up incase you are being asked.

Also let them know that your Dad is aware of your intentions and will also support you ; this is where your dads docs can enter.

i hope my little idea helps

Ok thanks bro, I will go with the documents
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2011
imperiouxx:

^^^^Stop acting formal.

Thanks Boss

I hope for the best sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2011
Hello house!please I need an urgent assistance.My Interview is coming up on friday this week and the person I asked to help me pay my Sevis fee has not done so as I speak to you. Rescheduling the Interview is out of question.PLEASE IS THERE A WAY I CAN PAY THE SEVIS FEE ON MONDAY AND THE RECEIPT COMES OUT BY THURSDAY.So as to enable me use it for my interview in Friday.your suggestions would be appreciated.THANKS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
Nairaspace, imperioux and all your quick response to my question would be appreciated.thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
reloaded11:

Hello House, I need an urgent response to my question, I am having problem to schedule appointment for over a month now and i have sent several email to book appointment but all was in vain and my school will be resuming August 12 2011 and i have not even paid for my Service fee and till just today the page i am seeing when trying to log on my account to book appointment is "Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page." Please how can i go about this , as i am planning to deffer my admission to spring section as i am not sure if things is going to be sort for my fall admission, My concern is , how am i going to be sure that the problem when scheduling appointment will no persist and how do i go about differing my admission and what are the thing to take note when doing that ??
An answer is needed as soon as possible.
Thanks
Many people have had difficulty accessing the Ds 160 recently and the US State Department says they are making efforts to correct the problem.Visit their site to learn more www.travel.state.gov
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2011
@drid: If you have the money, I advise you head to seme border tomorrow morning and pay it, $200 plus bank charges. Just take enough money along. By wednesday, the receipt should be out on their website. You can print it out and take along.

drid:

Hello house!please I need an urgent assistance.My Interview is coming up on friday this week and the person I asked to help me pay my Sevis fee has not done so as I speak to you. Rescheduling the Interview is out of question.PLEASE IS THERE A WAY I CAN PAY THE SEVIS FEE ON MONDAY AND THE RECEIPT COMES OUT BY THURSDAY.So as to enable me use it for my interview in Friday.your suggestions would be appreciated.THANKS.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2011
That's the problem am not in Lagos and won't be until Thursday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2011
drid:

That's the problem am not in Lagos and won't be until Thursday.

meet me on yahoo messenger via onlyfair_boy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2011
Djdammy21:

Thanks Boss

I hope for the best sha

Haba! dammy. lol

@drid,

Contact nairaspace on his YM.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 1:34am On Jul 18, 2011
drid:

Do you have anybody in the US, if yes, the person could help you do that and you should be good by thursday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 2:02am On Jul 18, 2011
phy:

Do you have anybody in the US, if yes, the person could help you do that and you should be good by thursday.

dats why i said contact me on ym!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rabbits207: 2:33am On Jul 18, 2011
I think i can help you with that. contact me on tundex2002us@yahoo.com,I would be very glad to help!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mas24546(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2011
If you want get visa contact us
or you can visit our site http://www.globalvisas.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2011
Thank you Fun2sho.
Are you saying you misplaced your student copy? All you need do is to go to Exams and record and tell whoever that is responsible for your faculty that you would appreciate his/her assistance towards your getting a student copy of your transcript.
When is your interview? Wish you the very best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2011
@house
Today is Nellywho's interview, plz pray for him that he come and share his success story.

Also, Niyivasav and T-gud3 will be going for their interview tomorrow. I wish all you guys best of luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phariize(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2011
ok I well pray
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2011
GboyegaD:

Thank you Fun2sho.
Are you saying you misplaced your student copy? All you need do is to go to Exams and record and tell whoever that is responsible for your faculty that you would appreciate his/her assistance towards your getting a student copy of your transcript.
When is your interview? Wish you the very best.
No i did not misplace it, I used it to apply for an admission that i did not follow through. I think i wld need your assistance, plz just ring my fone on this number 07037437043
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2011
Wishing Nelly and others who are going for their interview this week God's favour. May they come back with their Visa confirmation.

fun2sho:

No i did not misplace it, I used it to apply for an admission that i did not follow through. I think i wld need your assistance, plz just ring my fone on this number 07037437043

I will call you now.
Funsho, I have tried calling you but your number is not going through. Kindly confirm the number again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
GboyegaD:

I will call you now.
Funsho, I have tried calling you but your number is not going through. Kindly confirm the number again.
That my number, you can please try again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]

[b][/b]   Please my interview is nearer now, I need some imterview tips, I want to study UG Computer Science , what if the VO ask why Computer Science in USA?   2-  i have been Denied once in 2009 so now am going for Fall 2011, what if the VO ask why the gap, what should i say?  3- my interview is in Abuja, which counter do you think i should follow?  4 - do i need to go with my Secondary school transcript? and mostly, if VO ask me when i finishes my study what would i been doing,(like am i coming back or not)how do i convince him toward my choosing line computer science, I need good simple answer to practise, please replies

Thanks

Adolite

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.