Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549103 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2011
Vicidomi, did you change location? Are there any dates earlier than the dates which you originally schedlued? This is strange because it they said it has been apporved then it means that they are suppose to release better dates to you. Can you say a brief description of what u sent in ur emergency request application. That's fast o, Some people I know applied since last week and are still awaiting a response. Maybe u should call their help center on 094601748 I know people schedule appointments by phone so maybe that's what they will do for you. Don't get too worried. Just call that number!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2011
seedord247:

Yankee Visa Sweet to collect but he no sweewt to live if you know get money ooooo

Shaking ma head too. I will agree that this is lamentation but its only some few weeks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2011
phy:

i'll suggest november.

Actually, I was thinking of picking first week in Nov but is mid Oct not too early?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2011
House, I have an issue, you cant believe i just remember it now, 2009 i went for interview with my 2006 Neco Result which i filled it in my DS 160 then 2009 but now i have another Neco 2008 filled in my DS160, was worry if VO ask why i change the result? So i was thinking they might look into it and questions me about it, Pls what do you think i can say?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moyoella: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2011
Good morning house am pleased to have been introduced into this forum. I am going for my post graduate studies and I was denied a visa in Lagos this week. The vo didn't state any reason to me he only handed me the white paper which they give to people they deny visa, but am filling another ds 160 form for another appointment, please what is the best reason I can give for denial of a visa? Thanks.
And please how are the vo counters in Abuja arranged, so i can know how to avoid the mean vo's.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2011
Good morning house am pleased to have been introduced into this forum. I am going for my post graduate studies and I was denied a visa in Lagos this week. The vo didn't state any reason to me he only handed me the white paper which they give to people they deny visa, but am filling another ds 160 form for another appointment, please what is the best reason I can give for denial of a visa? Thanks.
And please how are the vo counters in Abuja arranged, so i can know how to avoid the mean vo's

Check your white paper you will see the reason there, he must tick it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2011
@moyoella,

Inquiries without proper explanation will attract no or little response. Be clear with your request. Mind telling us what happened on your first trial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:49am On Jul 22, 2011
@moyoella,

Inquiries without proper explanation will attract no or little response. Be clear with your request. Mind telling us what happened on your first trial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
Moyoella,
Sorry about that ooo. But please post your experience so all of us can form a judgement. Did u have all your documents? What course where you going for? What was d reason for rejection? Let us know!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
House please i need template of a sponsorship letter , please very urgent
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
Jesox guys!!!! I didn't attach a picture to my ds 160 ooooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
abeg una oooooooooooooooooooooooo people i need a help on my sponsorship letter oooooooooooooooooooooh! help, i need a template
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
moyoella:

And please how are the vo counters in Abuja arranged, so i can know how to avoid the mean vo's.

Mean or no mean if you cant defend yourself and make them believe you really need that Visa there is nothing they can do for you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mass3001(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Adolite
I think the better way forward all your documents & tell them you desperately need this visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobotimi: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences regarding application for US NIV at the US Embassy in London.
I've applied twice in the past whilst studying and I was denied on both occasions. Sad

Now that I've been working in England for almost two years, I'm thinking of giving it another shot. I'm on a TIER 2 General Visa and my job is my only tie to the UK, I'm wondering if that'll be enough? Has anyone successfully applied at the London embassy recently? Did you submit your supporting documents at the first window or during the actual interview at the second window?

Any tips will be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Yowizy: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2011
Please my interview is in few weeks, in Abuja.can anyone help me with likely interview questions on environmental health? And which counter is most friendly?
Am going for my masters in this field. Thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
@bobotimi,

Why not give it a trial at home -- Naija?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobotimi: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hi

@Imperiouxx

Thanks for your response.  If the whole point is to show strong ties to a country other than the US, then, I'm not sure trying in 9ja is any better than trying in London as I've not been to 9ja for a while. Moreover I've been working in UK for two years so my job is tied to UK and not to 9ja. If I were to try in 9ja, I'm wouldn't be able to demonstrate strong ties (e.g. employment) to 9ja cos I don't have a job there.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
bobotimi, I'm sure your people or your parents are in naija. Can't you use whatever property they have as your tie? And explain you come home on vac to settle the visa issue as it seems the next option for you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
@house

About the E.D I think the problem came from their website, cos My Emergency request has been approved since Monday Morning, still yet i cannot book an earlier date, so i send them A mail that i couldn't view earlier date, they explained to me that my inability to view earlier date was that i reschedule appointment before the day of my emergency approval.

here is the mail i got from the Ustraveldocs,

Thank you for contacting the US Visa Information Service.

Your inability to view earlier dates is because you rescheduled your appointment before the start date of your emergency approval. Please schedule the date available as you have to reschedule within 8th August to 22August to view earlier dates.

For questions or further assistance please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com or call to speak with a call center representative on 09-4601748

Best Regards,
US Visa Information Help Desk.

In fact i was not satisfied with this mail, so i went online to see if i can view earlier date, i think the date i saw was Sept 4 and Oct 9.

I just finished talking to one of their  Representative On Phone now, Maybe he can do anything to help me with the E.D but he says since my school resumed on 22 of Aug, he said i should just wait till 8th of August to view earlier date.

I guess you should wait, if your E.D has been approved, and keep checking the date after you cancel the previous appointment. Or send a mail to them, the will reply you within 24hours.

if your case is different from Mine, i don't know what you can do sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
Djdammy21:

In fact i was not satisfied with this mail, so i went online to see if i can view earlier date, i think the date i saw was Sept 4 and Oct 9.

Ha! Sept and Oct don dey open for students! shocked shocked Se dem dey eat the date ni?  shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2011
imperiouxx:

Ha! Sept and Oct don dey open for students! shocked shocked Se dem dey eat the date ni?  shocked shocked

Na the thing way i dey see now now, no date for Sept nor Oct.

But people dey drop date sha, so you fit dey try am again and again, as i don drop my 22 of august.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
Djdammy21:

Na the thing way i dey see now now, no date for Sept nor Oct.

But people dey drop date sha, so you fit dey try am again and again, as i don drop my 22 of august.

Nah man, I'm going for spring. So, I'm not in need of date now. I'm just surprise that they have started picking Oct dates. Correct me if I'm having wrong assumption.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-718207.0.html

shocked shocked I don't know its as serious as this ooo. Anyone out there mind helping this bro out. Please follow the link.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
Ayanfe22:

Jesox guys!!!! I didn't attach a picture to my ds 160 ooooooo

You don't need to. Pix upload is not available for naija applicant. However, dont forget to go to the embassy with ur 2 copies of ur 2x2 pix.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2011
bobotimi:

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences regarding application for US NIV at the US Embassy in London.
I've applied twice in the past whilst studying and I was denied on both occasions. Sad

Now that I've been working in England for almost two years, I'm thinking of giving it another shot. I'm on a TIER 2 General Visa and my job is my only tie to the UK, I'm wondering if that'll be enough? Has anyone successfully applied at the London embassy recently? Did you submit your supporting documents at the first window or during the actual interview at the second window?

Cheers

I will advise you apply from the UK and show evidence of strong ties to your job. If your proposed course has a relevance to your current job - the better. All they wanted is that you are coming for studies and when you're done, you take your leave. I will never advise you to go back to naija to apply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hi All,

Cheers

Is better you apply in UK again, If you can show strong ties , i think they have no option not to give you, Alot of my friends got their own one time, You just need to choose a program that relate to your job in UK, you can even change the program when you get to USA, is simple, have friends that do it that way,

Pls dont come Naija ooo, since you have been denied twice in LOndon, they will think other wise, better stick to London and do it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
bobotimi:

Hi All,

Cheers

@bobotimi try the US embassy inIreland. A couple of friends with similar situations as yours got their VISAs in ireland. I know naija will be a difficult option. all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
imperiouxx:

Shaking ma head too. I will agree that this is lamentation but its only some few weeks.

Lamentation?? Are you kidding us? So,you will make thousands of dollars within the few weeks and start living fine ? You should have just advised NL's coming here to bring enough money to survive for atleast a year instead of saying what is not. Saying this because nobody should expect an Angel to come dash him/her money when here. In AMERICA, you are[b] ON YOUR OWN.[/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
@HOUSE: am going for a Masters, 30 years. I am thinking of how to show ties to nigeria. aBEG, i need suggestions. I don't currently work but I can claim to work and take along some ID Card. Will this help?

Also, I did my WAEC since 1998. Will this not generate questions? I misplaced the WAEC Certificate, but it can be confirmed by SCRATCH CARD. So, I am taking along a Scratch Card. Is this okay? Abeg, reply quickly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.