Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,254 members, 7,891,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549115 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2011
Apparently, 99 percent of students whose emergency requests are apporves have a higher chance of getting their visa ooo$ I heard they practiclally process your documents and chec your sevis , ananlyze your Ds-160 before they send you that approval email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ayanfe22:

Apparently, 99 percent of students whose emergency requests are apporves have a higher chance of getting their visa ooo$ I heard they practiclally process your documents and chec your sevis , ananlyze your Ds-160 before they send you that approval email.
@ayanfe22i doubt that is true. where did u get your stats about 99% of student applicant. guy its good to encourage yourself and others but stop posting false info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
Abats4naija:

@aroy1 is very correct washington doesnt know about  VISAs given out except u are on the terror watch list. by the way I think the guy was denied just cos he was late for his appointment; cos from his testimony he answered the "substitute" VO well. Nyways better luck next time @babatulla

Washinton doesn't know how many Visas are given out? Abeg make una nor kill me with laugh. I can not say I am very sure of this but with wetin I don go through for USCIS and DMV hand I can tell you they know everything.

The ultimate AROY that loves Naija so much (from his past statements) has not gone through anything. If I'm not mistaken, he just left Naija in November and he is already married! He nor go through anything at all for USCIS hand cos as a married person to a USC he is qualified to get a GC in a short period of time.

I know the stress and all the things wey I go through and still dey go through for USCIS and DMV hand so when I tell you Washington knows everything they do
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
Saylawchar:

@Ayanfe & DJdammy: pls what do I do next? I got a response from the Lagos embassy not quite long telling me that my emergency request has been approved and that I should visit this site, ustraveldol, blabla.

My school will resume 22nd and am expected to attend mandatory international students orientation programme schedule for 17th August and have already scheduled an appointment for Aug 25th as that was the only earlier date I could secure when I filled the form.

Pls now what do I do next to get an earlier date?

@saylawchar

All you have to do is cancel the previous Appointment, And schedule another one, You E.D has been approved and you should get earlier date. NOTE: Don't click reschedule Oooooo, Make sure you cancel the previous One And schedule A new One.

All The Best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2011
@abats,
I said I learnt( which means I stand to be corrected). By the way, doesn't it make sense that students make the same requests some are granted odas are refused? If they were not based on analysis, on what grounds do they approve or deny? It certainly means they do those checks. They check your sevis and Ds-160 form! Becos that's the information they even require for student emergency appointment,  But I stand to be corrected on the 99 percent issue because I do not know.pls abeg don't be aggressive!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
undecided@abats,Don't call me guy pls! I am female
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
yu still be guy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
I think Ayanfe is Right in some cases that, they will check all your document including sevis fee, Ds 160, Cos i was denied 2time when i apply for the Emergency, Cos have not paid my Sevis fee then, But i was finally approved after i paid my Sevis-fee, But i don't know about the 99% Ooooo, Cos i no be V.O nor Washington lol.

But All Na God Sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ayanfe22:

@ayanfe22 point taken miss/maam smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
House someone wrote this back in the days,

Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.

PLs i want to confirm if is true ,because am planning to go with my Neco Result,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
i dont even know who i want to even reply on here again!

the one about neco, go with ur neco result.

Ayanfe22:

lol, if na like so, dem for dey issue visa to everyone na abi na anoder system refused applicant ds160 dey go?

Bro, Bone!!! Its all Gods grace! emergency or no emergency, but who knows, u myt be correct sha!!! VO!!!

djunit1:

Make we nor argue, If Washington has nothing to do with Non immigrant Visas why do some people pass and the consular says we have to wait on Washington because it is out of my hands?

We nor need argue because neither me nor you know how them dey handle their business. Na secret and it will continue to be a secret so nor insult me you hear?

lol, u dey mind those wey sey washington no know anything!!! logically tell me the connection between, US-DHS, US[/b]CIS, [b]US CONSULATE, US-PORT OF ENTRY,

no be washington hold this whole body together?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
hello house, i got a reply that my emergency request has bn accepted. i sent it day before ystady (thursday afternoon) nd less than 42hrs, it's bn approved. Thank God.
@ayanfe, i hope, i wish nd i Pray ur assumption or submission is ryt. i need all of una prayers, make God bless me on anyday i pik.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
@imperiouxx, djunit, nairaspace, shewhy: Thank you for your responses.

@ HOUSE: Abeg I need your input on my bank statement: I am being sponsored by my father, through his company. The company bank statement closes with #22m in June. But May closing balance is about #10m. I actually need #10m for my program. The previous months are between 9 and #10m. My question is the difference between the closing balance and May Balance, #13m; Is this a Red Flag? If it is, give me ideas on how to defend myself? Abeg.

shewhy:

Since your interview is 10 am, I dont see any point in you getting there as early as 7 am. You will have to hang somewhere till 9:50 am when they start calling 10 am applicant so its advisable to get there around 9:30. And also, I'm not sure if you could avoid consulars in the Lagos consulate. You will be given a ticket with a number at the interview center entrance. The computer will call your ticket number when it get to your turn, to go to the next available consular for your interview. Your ticket number will appear on a screen at the consular post already so i dont think you will be able to avoid it. If you dont stand up when they call your ticket number, they make skip you and you may not have the chance to get interviewed again. Just pray for the best result from any consular u are directed to. Good luck buddy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
@Babatulla: I believe the V.O was tired, but your last response was also damning. When they ask "so what will this degree do for you?", they don't want to hear technical things about the discipline. They want to know what you hope to gain by spending so much money on education in their country instead of here. They want to hear that it will boost your employability potential here in Nigeria, fetch you a lucrative job in your career and enable you discharge your family and financial responsibilities here. If it is a research degree, you can say 'it will get me a comfortable academic job in Bleep university and guarantee me a great academic career' etc. This is what i think. DON'T GIVE UP.

babatulla:

Went for my interview in lagos yesterday and it was quite a painful experience for me,

Couldn't print my sevis receipt online before my interview, but payment was already made.

My appointment was for 7a.m got to the consulate around 6:15 / 6:20 a.m. Was called in for the regualar checks and all, behold, my visa application receipt wasn't with me, was given 90 Mins to go get it. Dashed home like a mad dog, had to even take a bike back to the consulate to avoid running out of 90 Mins. I understand they do interview just one set on Fridays, nothing like 10a.m apptment. Made it there before the 90Mins elapsed. Was part of the last 10 to be interviewed.My tally number was 127 that last person's number was 134.

My interview went lyk this
V.O : Hello
Me: Good Morning

VO: pass me your documents
Me: passed him my i20 and docs,
V.O: where r u going to ?
Me: Bleep state univ.

VO: and u r going for masters in ?
Me : masters in computer and information system.
V.O : highest educational qualification attained so far ?
Me : bsc. Systems engineering, university of Lagos

Who is sponsoring u ?
Me : my father
V.O: what does he do ?
Me : told him

V.O: bank statement pls.
Me: gave him, closing balance of 19M.
When did u graduate ?
Me : 2008
V.O: what have you been doing since then ?
Me : went for the 1yr nysc scheme,and then I got a job as an I.T support assistant.
V.O : how long have you been working for them ?
Me : 8 months now.

Me: what will this do for degree do for you.
Me : as a graduate of Systems engineering, I have foundational knowledge in technological and managerial issues and how highly sophisticated systems are interconnected and made to function well.mcis will further equip me with relevant skills in business and computing.I'll be able to function well in any varying business environment.
V.O: any travelling experience ?
Me : yes, been to joburg SA and Dubai UAE.
V.O : I'm sorry I cannot issue you a visa today. Reasons written on the form given to u,

Abeg wetin I do wrong ?, the guy no check transcript, e no check anything, he just dey deny ppl, he just came there to assist other V.Os ni, how I wish I was interviewed by the lovely ladies in window 1 and 2. Comments pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2011
djunit1

As per your last post, I left in December, not November, and yes I have been a permanent resident since April. I wouldn't go into details in a public forum, but I have an advice for you: always be humble & say the truth. All I can tell you is that these 2 qualities have helped me a lot and the reason why I have not suffered for a second, despite being poor, in the United States.

Again, Washington doesn't control the issuance of non-immigrant visas. It is at the sole discretion of their local embassy.

Goodluck to you in New York City, provided you are still there!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
More comments pls ppl, nairaspace talk nau, I go try arrange another E.D if not will defer till spring and go for my interview late Oct or 1st wk Nov. the mad rush ryt now sef dey crazy, will keep keeping on. I must confess, I'm bitter abt it.Twas an unfair interview, My dad feels I didn't do well sef, so pissed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ayanfe22:

kiss kiss wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP

From memory, you were unsuccessful to get your visa at the 1st attempt because of lies! That's innate in you and you just never can change. That is why you see everybody else as you, which is really pathetic and unfortunate. Anyway, you were fortunate to meet some honest people here, Superbrain et al., who taught you not to lie at your 2nd interview. You were wise to follow their advice and we all know the rest.

If you say you won't change, continue being who you are, OjaP. I am glad you are now in the US. Afterall, Californian/US jails are far much better than any in Nigeria!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
@aroy1, djunit1, OJap: Please keep this thread on the right track, it helped you all, it is helping others today. Pls.

I have a concern with bank statement which I have posted. Please, I need your advice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
@aroy1, djunit1, OJap: Please keep this thread on the right track, it helped you all, it is helping others today. Pls.

I have a concern with bank statement which I have posted. Please, I need your advice

aroy1:

OjaP

From memory, you were unsuccessful to get your visa at the 1st attempt because of lies! That's innate in you and you just never can change. That is why you see everybody else as you, which is really pathetic and unfortunate. Anyway, you were fortunate to meet some honest people here, Superbrain et al., who taught you not to lie at your 2nd interview. You were wise to follow their advice and we all know the rest.

If you say you won't change, continue being who you are, OjaP. I am glad you are now in the US. Afterall, Californian/US jails are far much better than any in Nigeria!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
aroy1:

OjaP

If you say you won't change, continue being who you are, OjaP. I am glad you are now in the US.  Afterall, Californian/US jails are far much better than any in Nigeria!

Lol,   aroy! hear urself!

morerover u sound like u dont even know wht u got.   is it permanent residence or temporary PR. moreover, its no business of ours if u got a thing of such.
all we are interested in is: answer questions concerning the progress of this forum,

see babatulla dey ask question, instead make una answer, una dey form jetli and shina rambo,

babatulla:

More comments pls ppl, nairaspace talk nau, I go try arrange another E.D if not will defer till spring and go for my interview late Oct or 1st wk Nov. the mad rush ryt now sef dey crazy, will keep keeping on. I must confess, I'm bitter abt it.Twas an unfair interview, My dad feels I didn't do well sef, so pissed.

bro, u can get the gbt stuff and who knows u might get a date. cos if u watch this stuff clearly, date pop up every time,  so please try get one now and if u dont get, u can reschedule but by Gods grace u will get a date, cos if your school resumes late august, u will surely get a date in august,  i am so certian,  as i dey talk to u, i see august 22, in 20minutes, someone wey sharp don choose am!!!

@una wey still dey fight, make una conntinue oooo,  if una stop ehn,,

USBound:

I have a concern with bank statement which I have posted. Please, I need your advice

Bro, dey dont have the time to look at the details of your statement, the final amount is what they want to see,  but i hear from someone sey sometime dem dey carry calculator  to calculate,  grin grin grin grin   this consulars be werey ooo!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP

So are you the first Nigerian to graduate for an MS degree in the US? Absolute complacency. Remember what they say about empty vessels,   Never start what you can't finish. You were so silly to insult me first.

nairaspace

I am surprised that someone who doesn't know the difference between DHS, USCIS, etc. is able to differentiate between a temporary and permanent residence.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP

You actually deserved to be crowned as the King of fool. Did you write a thesis at all? If Yes, was it in your local language? Honestly, you got to improve on your writing skills if you are actually in school. No US school will award you their degree with your level of composition.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP

Being in the US for me, is just a means to an end. For you, it seems it's the end. So are you going back to Nigeria after your graduation to use your geological knowledge in your dad's company? Remember that's what you told the consular officer back then.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
So you really want us to drop our details here? Wow!!! I never knew you are so daft, insane, & silly. Really, you will be comfortable doing that on the internet? You just proved to me that you are just like many of our leaders: educated illiterate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP

Having exactly the cost of my education as stated on the I-20 is what I considered being poor, the reason why I have been complimented as being humble. If I were to tell the world that I am rich, at least I should have arrived with 5times the amount stated on my I-20, $26,000. Can you see the difference between us? By the way, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I didn't enroll in school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.