Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:31 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549104 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
@HOUSE: am going for a Masters, 30 years. I am thinking of how to show ties to nigeria. aBEG, i need suggestions. I don't currently work but I can claim to work and take along some ID Card. Will this help?

Also, I did my WAEC since 1998. Will this not generate questions? I misplaced the WAEC Certificate, but it can be confirmed by SCRATCH CARD. So, I am taking along a Scratch Card. Is this okay? Abeg, reply quickly.

ahahahha, Scratch card ke for US Embassy, I dey laugh oooo, All the interview no dey psss 3 mins bro, Since you know your result scores and everything then go collect the certificate again or go do another one urself but let it be tally, you just need to prove yourself on one job you know much about it, because alot question going to base on it and also your salaries too,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keyne(f): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
concerning the states question, it was for both, cos I told them where it was on the map as in south whtver, then he asked me what county, and told me to talk briefly abt my the state

P.S this was abt 2yrs, but, a lot of students were denied for this question
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
ahahahha, Scratch card ke for US Embassy, I dey laugh oooo, All the interview no dey psss 3 mins bro, Since you know your result scores and everything then go collect the certificate again or go do another one urself but let it be tally, you just need to prove yourself on one job you know much about it, because alot question going to base on it and also your salaries too,
[quote][/quote]

Who say them nor dey ask for Scratch card? And who says the interview is 3 mins? Every case differs. The fact say you spend 3 mins nor mean say na 3 mins them go spend on next applicant. They may choose to spend 1 or even 10 mins. Every body case different.

My advice carry anything wey go prove your result
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
djunit1:

Who say them nor dey ask for Scratch card? And who says the interview is 3 mins? Every case differs. The fact say you spend 3 mins nor mean say na 3 mins them go spend on next applicant. They may choose to spend 1 or even 10 mins. Every body case different.

My advice carry anything wey go prove your result

Adolite link=topic=240241.msg8770549#msg8770549 date=1311363239:

@HOUSE: am going for a Masters, 30 years. I am thinking of how to show ties to nigeria. aBEG, i need suggestions. I don't currently work but I can claim to work and take along some ID Card. Will this help?

Also, I did my WAEC since 1998. Will this not generate questions? I misplaced the WAEC Certificate, but it can be confirmed by SCRATCH CARD. So, I am taking along a Scratch Card. Is this okay? Abeg, reply quickly.

@djunit : i trust you! u go give am the point!

at bolded part!    na u be consular?

u mean sey as no certificate, make he no carry waec printout and scratch card?

make una no dey threaten mehn,

U sey make he go do another wey go tally,  he be like sey u like 10yrs ban!

with what i heard, dey check this certificate of a thing!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2011
nairaspace:

@djunit : i trust you! u go give am the point!

at bolded part!    na u be consular?

u mean sey as no certificate, make he no carry waec printout and scratch card?

make una no dey threaten mehn,

U sey make he go do another wey go tally,  he be like sey u like 10yrs ban!

with what i heard, dey check this certificate of a thing!

They check wella!!!! The guy spent over 5 mins on mine. He still wasn't satified he used microscope to confirm so if you ready to risk 10 years or life ban carry Oluwole enter there
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobotimi: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thanks guys for all your responses. However, I think you may have misunderstood the kind of US visa I want to apply for - It's a holiday (B2) visa not a student one. I hope to visit for a few days at some point this year whilst on annual leave.

@imperiouxx: I don't think applying in 9ja is a good option. How can I present parents' properties as strong ties to 9ja when I've not been for a while (about 3 years now)?

@ phy,adolite and abats4naija: thanks for your responses. I'll give it a shot at the London embassy and see what comes out of it.

Thanks All.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2011
@seedord247, if you see this post early enough and are still in NYC send me your number so I can reach you okay. Easy man!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
TODAYS QUESTIONS

Q.14) What course are you going for?

Q.15) Why did you select this course? Is it relevant to your previous studies?

Q.16) Why are you taking this course?

Q.17) What is the course structure & contents?

Q.18) Why don't you do this course in your country?

Q.19) How long will your studies last?

Q.20) What is the scope of your course?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
Having been bounced last month for my B1 visa in abj,actually i was nt askd to present my bank statement b4 the deny.pls tell me if the consular officer has knew who's sponsering me,2-the bank statement is update last in May 2011,3-can that bank statement be use with dat date of May 2011 to reply 4 my document by next year 2012,or i have to prepare another bank statement.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thank you all. I want to thank that person that answered my question on here.
I do not get offended so easily because i am Nigerian and did not have a different mentality until i left.
Thank you so much and may you all find success in your pursuit for greener pastures.
Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.

PLS is that so, I just re read back the thread, Because am Using NECO result too, is there any advice, House i need replies
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
-------------Strolls in----------------------
Been busy packing ma stuff
Got few days to be in OBAMALAND.
Congrats to all recent VISA successful applicants like my friend lai lai.
Whats popping peeps? You know how to reach me for any free help, right?

-------------Strolls out-------------------
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 12:43am On Jul 23, 2011
myforumid3:

-------------Strolls in----------------------
Been busy packing ma stuff
Got few days to be in OBAMALAND.
Congrats to all recent VISA successful applicants like my friend lai lai.
Whats popping peeps? You know how to reach me for any free help, right?

-------------Strolls out-------------------

as una dey stroll out, make sure sey una stroll in once una reach obamaland!!! cos if una no stroll back in, i go call DHS for una!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2011
bobotimi:

Thanks guys for all your responses. However, I think you may have misunderstood the kind of US visa I want to apply for - It's a holiday (B2) visa not a student one. I hope to visit for a few days at some point this year whilst on annual leave.

@imperiouxx: I don't think applying in 9ja is a good option. How can I present parents' properties as strong ties to 9ja when I've not been for a while (about 3 years now)?

@ phy,adolite and abats4naija: thanks for your responses. I'll give it a shot at the London embassy and see what comes out of it.

Thanks All.

Ok, bobotimi. I think is good applying in the UK then. Wishing you all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 1:24am On Jul 23, 2011
House someone wrote this back in the days,

Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO  has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.

PLs i want to confirm if is true ,because am planning to go with my Neco Result,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:55am On Jul 23, 2011
OjaP:

Lamentation?? Are you kidding us? So,you will make thousands of dollars within the few weeks and start living fine ? You should have just advised NL's coming here to bring enough money to survive for atleast a year instead of saying what is not. Saying this because nobody should expect an Angel to come dash him/her money when here. In AMERICA, you are[b] ON YOUR OWN.[/b]

You got me from the wrong perspective. Its true that one must have him/herself balance up before leaving for anywhere one don't have families, thats why I'm not expecting complains so fast from anyone but later discovered that the guy was mugged with gun as claimed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2011
@Naggy i tried to addd you online. . . . . I don't have a phone now
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jamsmither: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2011
Jamsmither:

Having been bounced last month for my B1 visa in abj,actually i was nt askd to present my bank statement b4 the deny.pls tell me if the consular officer has knew who's sponsering me,2-the bank statement is update last in May 2011,3-can that bank statement be use with dat date of May 2011 to reply 4 my document by next year 2012,or i have to prepare another bank statement.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:39am On Jul 23, 2011
@ djunit1 @nairaspace: Thanks a million for your advice. I will take the statement of result and scratch card along.

@Adolite: Please don't advise anyone to take fake waec result o. djunit and nairaspace are correct - 10 years ban or life.

@HOUSE: Abeg make una try help me Seedord247 o. Abeg.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:45am On Jul 23, 2011
@HOUSE: My interview is for 10 am. Should I get there by 7 am or just chill till 9 am? Please those who went to LAGOS for interviews recently, pls reply.

@HOUSE: Recent applicants to the LAGOS EMBASSY, please identify who the consulars are and if there's anyone like the chinko woman in ABUJA to avoid?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mass3003(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2011
I have a question regarding H4 visa. I want to transfer my h4 to J1. So as I heard not being a US citizen i have to get it done in my home country. No problem with that, the issue is, some says that the chances of rejection is very high in home country, Is this true? I am little bit nerves to proceed. Any kind of advice appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2011
USBound:

@HOUSE: My interview is for 10 am. Should I get there by 7 am or just chill till 9 am? Please those who went to LAGOS for interviews recently, pls reply.

@HOUSE: Recent applicants to the LAGOS EMBASSY, please identify who the consulars are and if there's anyone like the chinko woman in ABUJA to avoid?

Do you mean 10 am today? Bro, is better you get there 9 am or just a little earlier. You know you have to ease yourself any stress before the interview. God be with you man. Go get it!

seedord247:

@Naggy i tried to addd you online. . . . . I don't have a phone now

Man, I can imagine what you are facing out there. Be strong till those generous thread members locate you. If mugged for being a newcomer actually, then its quite unfortunate. Be strong!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2011
Went for my interview in lagos yesterday and it was quite a painful experience for me,

Couldn't print my sevis receipt online before my interview, but payment was already made.

My appointment was for 7a.m got to the consulate around 6:15 / 6:20 a.m. Was called in for the regualar checks and all, behold, my visa application receipt wasn't with me, was given 90 Mins to go get it. Dashed home like a mad dog, had to even take a bike back to the consulate to avoid running out of 90 Mins. I understand they do interview just one set on Fridays, nothing like 10a.m apptment. Made it there before the 90Mins elapsed. Was part of the last 10 to be interviewed.My tally number was 127 that last person's number was 134.

My interview went lyk this
V.O : Hello
Me: Good Morning

VO: pass me Ur documents
Me: passed him my i20 and docs,
V.O: where r u going to ?
Me: Bleep state univ.

VO: and u r going for masters in ?
Me : masters in computer and information system.
V.O : highest educational qualification attained so far ?
Me : bsc. Systems engineering, university of Lagos

Who is sponsoring u ?
Me : my father
V.O: what does he do ?
Me : told him

V.O: bank statement pls.
Me: gave him, closing balance of 19M.
When did u graduate ?
Me : 2008
V.O: what have you been doing since then ?
Me : went for the 1yr nysc scheme,and then I got a job as an I.T support assistant.
V.O : how long have you been working for them ?
Me : 8 months now.

Me: what will this do for degree do for you.
Me : as a graduate of Systems engineering, I have foundational knowledge in technological and managerial issues and how highly sophisticated systems are interconnected and made to function well.mcis will further equip me with relevant skills in business and computing.I'll be able to function well in any varying business environment.
V.O: any travelling experience ?
Me : yes, been to joburg SA and Dubai UAE.
V.O : I'm sorry I cannot issue you a visa today. Reasons written on the form given to u,

Abeg wetin I do wrong ?, the guy no check transcript, e no check anything, he just dey deny ppl, he just came there to assist other V.Os ni, how I wish I was interviewed by the lovely ladies in window 1 and 2. Comments pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2011
USBound:

Since your interview is 10 am, I dont see any point in you getting there as early as 7 am. You will have to hang somewhere till 9:50 am when they start calling 10 am applicant so its advisable to get there around 9:30. And also, I'm not sure if you could avoid consulars in the Lagos consulate. You will be given a ticket with a number at the interview center entrance. The computer will call your ticket number when it get to your turn, to go to the next available consular for your interview. Your ticket number will appear on a screen at the consular post already so i dont think you will be able to avoid it. If you dont stand up when they call ur ticket number, they make skip you and you may not have the chance to get interviewed again. Just pray for the best result from any consular u are directed to. Good luck buddy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2011
babatulla:

Went for my interview in lagos yesterday and it was quite a painful experience for me,

Couldn't print my sevis receipt online before my interview, but payment was already made.

My appointment was for 7a.m got to the consulate around 6:15 / 6:20 a.m. Was called in for the regualar checks and all, behold, my visa application receipt wasn't with me, was given 90 Mins to go get it. Dashed home like a mad dog, had to even take a bike back to the consulate to avoid running out of 90 Mins. I understand they do interview just one set on Fridays, nothing like 10a.m apptment. Made it there before the 90Mins elapsed. Was part of the last 10 to be interviewed.My tally number was 127 that last person's number was 134.

VO: pass me your documents

Who is sponsoring u ?

When did u graduate ?
Me : went for the 1yr nysc scheme,and then I got a job as an I.T support assistant.

Me : as a graduate of Systems engineering, I have foundational knowledge in technological and managerial issues and how highly sophisticated systems are interconnected and made to function well.mcis will further equip me with relevant skills in business and computing.I'll be able to function well in any varying business environment.
V.O : I'm sorry I cannot issue you a visa today. Reasons written on the form given to u,

Abeg wetin I do wrong ?, the guy no check transcript, e no check anything, he just dey deny ppl, he just came there to assist other V.Os ni, how I wish I was interviewed by the lovely ladies in window 1 and 2. Comments pls.

Sorry about your denial bruv, you can always give another shot. Were you interviewed by the black guy at the consulate? In fact, all the male consular at the consulate are mean. I was lucky to get interviewed by the lady on spectacles at window 1 and i got the visa. I am sure you will get the visa, if you do not give up. God be with you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
@shewzy: na so I see am o, school resumes 28th of next month, wetin u feel say I fit do ?, do I try again for August ?, or spring ? Meanwhile could sevis be d ish too ?,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
babatulla:

My appointment was for 7a.m got to the consulate around 6:15 / 6:20 a.m. Was called in for the regualar checks and all, behold, my visa application receipt wasn't with me, was given 90 Mins to go get it. Dashed home like a mad dog,,,,,,,, Was part of the last 10 to be interviewed.My tally number was 127 that last person's number was 134.

My interview went lyk this,,,,,,,,, 

To me you did quite well but what I think happened was

1) You went through many hassle before the interview,

2) They were already stressed up by then,

3) He came to relief already stressed V.O just to round off the day work,

4) More prayers so that you be favored next time.

babatulla:

@shewzy: na so I see am o, school resumes 28th of next month, wetin u feel say I fit do ?, do I try again for August ?, or spring ? Meanwhile could sevis be d ish too ?,

I will suggest go for spring because those seeking for E. D are yet to get it from what I heard here 2 days ago. Also, you will have good time to prepare too. Your SEVIS fee valid for one good year. I wish you success next time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
babatulla:

VO: pass me your documents

Who is sponsoring u ?

When did u graduate ?

Bros nothing wrong with your interview at all. In as much as we like to blame the people interviewing us we should remember they get their orders from people higher than them too. Some people pass the interview with no stress but what you are not told by the VO is Washington nor approve of your visa. The interview was just a formality.

In some cases Washington approves some people and they fumble the interview.

My advice is around the question the consular asked you. What will the degree do for you? Do you have to tell him all that? in my opinion no! Just tell him it will enable you work and make more money for your large family that depends on you. No long stories. Go at it again. I don see person wey them deny three times and the 4th time he was victorious so bros face them again!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
applied for  Emergency ap. on monday and got approved late last night. that was after calling them earlier in the day.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
djunit1

You just misinformed. Washington doesn't deal with non-immigrant visas: it is at the discretion of the consular section of their local embassy . Little knowledge is dangerous and a student worthy of their salt should always research very well before posting.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
Make we nor argue, If Washington has nothing to do with Non immigrant Visas why do some people pass and the consular says we have to wait on Washington because it is out of my hands?

We nor need argue because neither me nor you know how them dey handle their business. Na secret and it will continue to be a secret so nor insult me you hear?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
aroy1:

djunit1

You just misinformed. Washington doesn't deal with non-immigrant visas: it is at the discretion of the consular section of their local embassy . Little knowledge is dangerous and a student worthy of their salt should always research very well before posting.

Goodluck!
 @aroy1 is very correct washington doesnt know about  VISAs given out except u are on the terror watch list. by the way I think the guy was denied just cos he was late for his appointment; cos from his testimony he answered the "substitute" VO well. Nyways better luck next time @babatulla
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
hi all,

Pls what do I do next? I got a response from the Lagos consular yesterday telling me that my emergency request has been approved and that I should visit this site, ustraveldol, blablabla.

My school will resume August 22nd and am expected to attend mandatory international students orientation programme schedule for 17th August and have already scheduled an appointment for Aug 25th because that was the only earlier date I could secure when I filled the form.

Pls now what do I do next to get an earlier date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.