Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,393 members, 7,901,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:39 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549596 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
morotioluwa

Actually you were right and he was wrong as per the definition of the percentile ranks on the GRE exam.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2011
morotioluwa

Happy for you oh. pls wish us that are going for ours early next month goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
@house: thank God for his mercies, am back from camp now and i think i ll have all the time to continue to help people on this thread. for those that called or messaged me while i was in camp and i couldnt respond well, pls accept my apologies. i was in ise/emure camp in ekiti state and the network there was really very bad.
been reading thru the last 5 pages on this thread and i didnt like what i saw but i guess people are entitled to what they wanna write, thats why it is called a forum. pls feel free to post your questions and comments and for those that wanna chat privately, pls feel free to message me anytime, heres my pin, 230586AB. you can add a message to the invite so i ll know that ure from NL, and i ll do all i can to help you
my number is 07036463101 and my email address is dizyfrenzy@yahoo.com
av been getting a lot of spam messages(both text and emails) but am not gonna refuse to help people cos of that
for those that have gotten their visas, congrats, go book ur flights asap, for those that are just going, God will favor you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
Dizyfrenzy u are welcome back. How was camp, hope u had a nice time?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2011
A big welcome 4 a man of HONOR, dizzy pls kip up d gud job.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:43am On Jul 30, 2011
@HOUSE: Please, I need to connect with Nairalanders in California (San Francisco)? Who is heading there? Who is there?

Also, does anyone have an idea of where to get cheapest flight? Royal Air Maroc? Do they have an office in Lagos? The cheapest I have found is Emirates. Need some help?

Expecting,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2011
USBound:

@HOUSE: Please, I need to connect with Nairalanders in California (San Francisco)? Who is heading there? Who is there?

Also, does anyone have an idea of where to get cheapest flight? Royal Air Maroc? Do they have an office in Lagos? The cheapest I have found is Emirates. Need some help?

Expecting,

i think you should consider going with qatar airways, its 265,273 with one stop in doha airport. i dont know for sure about the air maroc but if ur travel date is abt 2 weeks from now, i doubt u ll be able to get a flight for less than 200k
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2011
@dizyfrenzy, I just sent u a request on BB, distinguished bla bla, pls accept ma request.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2011
@House,

pls what do i need to know about Biology as a course, have been offered admission in a university in US and my interview comes up on August 15th, Lagos Consular, you pple should please advise me on the likely questions the VO may ask me and how best to respond pls. thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2011
morotioluwa, congrats! AND i think you were right with your answer on the GRE percentile score (perhaps, he just wanted to confuse you), did u have to take financial statements from your office? Or just letters?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2011
mysterysng:

morotioluwa, congrats! AND i think you were right with your answer on the GRE percentile score (perhaps, he just wanted to confuse you), did u have to take financial statements from your office? Or just letters?

Most times the guys interviewing you have no clue to what they ask us. The only advantage they have is they have internet and Google in front of them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2011
OM G! Here we go again. These guys just wake up to continue yabbing each other here. Is there any moderator on this forum at all

*****imperiouxx peeped in and saw the thread still chaotic and quickly rushed out*****
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2011
@all those who went to school so that they can abuse others, i appeal to you guys to shelve your sword and lets move this forum forward as there are still many users who are bound to share their testimony on here.

@house,
pls what do i need to know about Biology as a course, have been offered admission in a university in US and my interview comes up on August 15th, Lagos Consular, you pple should please advise me on the likely questions the VO may ask me and how best to respond pls. i may likely concentrate on micro biology. thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Saylawchar: The consulars in Lagos do not really ask academic questions unlike the ones in Abuja. They are more interested in the reason why you chose your school, your career plans, who is sponsoring, when you finished high school and standardized tests. Just have a general idea of what your course is about, know some courses you will be taking, faculty and your likely area of specialization, just in case. But I doubt you will need those except you meet the lady in counter 1. CHEERS!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
USBound:

@Saylawchar: The consulars in Lagos do not really ask academic questions unlike the ones in Abuja. They are more interested in the reason why you chose your school, your career plans, who is sponsoring, when you finished high school and standardized tests. Just have a general idea of what your course is about, know some courses you will be taking, faculty and your likely area of specialization, just in case. But I doubt you will need those except you meet the lady in counter 1. CHEERS!

@Usbound, tanx man, u're 2 much, pls let me have your yahoo id so that we can get to chat or u drop me your bb pin, tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Saylawchar: You can add me: usbound911@yahoo.com

Also, if you finished your waec a long time ago and you're going for undergraduate, prepare your answer as to what you have been doing since you finished school. Good answers are: Certification (IT etc) with documents to back up (just in case) and working in an area related to your undergraduate (maybe a lab owned by your family member). A student was denied before me because he was going for a second bachelors in thesame field (accounting). He finished about 3 years ago. So, what have you been doing? He said, working with his aunt in her company. In the Accounting dept? He said no. Then, sorry, etc. The point is, you finished a long time ago. You must have some certificates or have been working in an area related to what you are going to study now. Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Usbound, noted and thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2011
USBound:

@Saylawchar: You can add me: usbound911@yahoo.com

Also, if you finished your waec a long time ago and you're going for undergraduate, prepare your answer as to what you have been doing since you finished school. Good answers are: Certification (IT etc) with documents to back up (just in case) and working in an area related to your undergraduate (maybe a lab owned by your family member). A student was denied before me because he was going for a second bachelors in thesame field (accounting). He finished about 3 years ago. So, what have you been doing? He said, working with his aunt in her company. In the Accounting dept? He said no. Then, sorry, etc. The point is, you finished a long time ago. You must have some certificates or have been working in an area related to what you are going to study now. Cheers!

^^^^ Not necessarily be. This is nigeria where a yoruba language graduate can work in the bank. Long time graduate without current job can still be good with certificates. I can say the student denied was unfortunate then.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2011
@aroy1
we gotta talk more, its kinda important, let me know how please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2011
Chidalu can u pls drop me your yahoo id,nd anybody goin 4 is or her interview on the 4th of august,so we can tlk on how to identify each other.i believe in us all,and house members please pray hard 4 us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2011
"I mean Pple goin to the lagos embassy"
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EuroMeko(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2011
USBound:

Expecting,

I'm in California but Los Angeles.

Let me know what you need.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Euromeko: Please, what's ur email add so I can reach you when I land. Or you can email me : usbound911@yahoo.com

My aim is to connect with nairalanders in my area (California) should in case I need anything. Thanks.

EuroMeko:

I'm in California but Los Angeles.

Let me know what you need.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EuroMeko(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
I'll email you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2011
WARYZ:

Chidalu can u pls drop me your yahoo id,nd anybody goin 4 is or her interview on the 4th of august,so we can tlk on how to identify each other.i believe in us all,and house members please pray hard 4 us all.

chi.dalu97@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:58am On Jul 31, 2011
dizyfrenzy

If I have your email, we can talk via email.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:12am On Jul 31, 2011
to all US-bounds

You should note that Middle East airlines fly indirectly into the United States; ie, it is an awkward route. So if you are the type that finds it hard to sit for a very long time, you are better off using an European airline. Moreover, if you use Qatar Airways, your connecting time in Dohar, Qatar, is about 9hrs. And you wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2011
@House, My Interview is next week, pls I have like 2 Redflags, Am going for Undergraduate Computer Science. , (1)I finished Secondary School 2008, I was denied 2009 because the consular complained about my choosing School and also said i did not convince him very well that i am ready, later when i read more about the interview stuffs , i realize that i was not ready true true because i did not gave good answers to all his questions, Now am going again for same undergraduate in computer science, What have i been doing since i finished high school, I think is rubbish things and ignorant of knowing what is the wayward, After i was denied 2009, i sat for jamb to study Medicine in Unilag but i was giving phamercy, So i rejected it because i want that Med** samething happened 2010 , So 2011 i made up my mind that USA i must go, PLS IF VO ASK WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING SINCE I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL, WHAT DO YOU THINK I CAN SAY inside my DS160 i have already wrote that i was not doing anything than preparing for my test and getting ready to go to USA bla bla bla

(2) This days they are just asking for WAEC waec, and is Neco i want to use, any problem?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2011
Hey guys, I am not sure if this is right but I can't see the posts of all those who were insulting themselves here and brought so much ruckus!!( hope tis just not my browser having problems), apparently, all we had to do was to report them to the moderator(which I did anyway last night), tho' it was entertaining, but I think the insults got too much and too personal, I mean, bringing their innocent parents into it?
I wish all the august guys God's favour, remember, speak the truth always, cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
@aroy1
my email address is dizyfrenzy@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
Please i would like to know if it is a good idea to book an appointment now and my resumption date at school is January 9? bcoz i learnt that it advisable to book an appoint 4 month prior to the resumption date. please any help on this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by screamie(f): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hi Y'all! Everyone on this thread is doing a great job! I am a regular reader of the thread, I started from page 1 and I have read every single reply/post ever since. My advice to everyone on this thread is that if you have not read the thread from the beginning please try to read it, there are lots of information to gain from it.

I am applyn for the spring semester. I wish all Fall applicants success in their interviews, then hopefully we spring semester applicants will have the floor!

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.