Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,725 members, 7,921,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:01 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (550560 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2011
Anyone interested in paying app fees.Just contact me in my mail.(ghummer365 at gmail.com)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2011
Heay, It appears that appointment date for student isn't a problem any more, please I am trying to book appointment for a visiting visa, does anyone have advice as to getting a date in October or November?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
herself:

Kay-dee, it turns out the link my supposed 'guru' friend sent me was wrong,  I took time to do it on my own and I just need some basic info. If the rates goes down a bit, I'll make the payment on monday,  Nobody's saying anything about cameroun o, lol. Yes, geology. Minnesota state uni,  

Moorhead or Mankato? Am headed for Mankato Spring 2012 and just like you, i20 is on the way.

@house

What are your thoughts on the chances of getting the F1 as a self-sponsored student for grad studies? I've got about 3 years Post-NYSC working experience, and have over the years saved up for grad school as I do not have any relatives that can sponsor or "act as sponsor".  I'd like to know if anybody (you know) has been successful in this kind of scenario.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
Please house,how does one cancel an appointment.I don't know if am doing anything wrong because,each time I try to cancel it on ustraveldocs, I get the reply"you cannot cancel your appointment at this time" the said appointment is scheduled for oct.11.please any way out??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
@house,pls where in the ds-160 requests info 4 academic sponsor,cos d last tym i filled it,all i could see was request 4 d name of person paying 4 my trip;i chose my mum,bt my academic sponsor is cousin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
@webstradamus-dont evn try crossing the embassy with u actin as sponsor n expect to get ur visa,it's 90% denial o. Kukuma go n arrange 4 bank statii frm another party,stating ur uncle or aunt as sponsor,evn if d surnames r different.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
@cleverdude,

You are wrong in both statements up there.
1) nowhere you put who sponsor you on DS160 but who is responsible for your trip in this case it with be your mum. But remember Jul/Aug you've said your uncle.

2) you can sponsor yourself if the tuition is not much and you have a good means of living. So it not outright denial.

@deevick,

I remember you all the time even when I meet you on YIM. Give sometime, I will attach those I can to you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
herself:

Kay-dee, it turns out the link my supposed 'guru' friend sent me was wrong,  I took time to do it on my own and I just need some basic info. If the rates goes down a bit, I'll make the payment on monday,  Nobody's saying anything about cameroun o, lol. Yes, geology. Minnesota state uni,  

I thought as much, so i guess you have the right one now (www.fmjfee.com >> http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/I-901.pdf) and know what details are rqd. (SEVIS I.D NUMBER and SCHOOL CODE).

Geology is cool, Im a geologist too. Did you try any of the texas schools? its the best place to study geology.

webstradamus:

@house

What are your thoughts on the chances of getting the F1 as a self-sponsored student for grad studies? I've got about 3 years Post-NYSC working experience, and have over the years saved up for grad school as I do not have any relatives that can sponsor or "act as sponsor".  I'd like to know if anybody (you know) has been successful in this kind of scenario.

Its not outright denial but chances are slim.

Presenting yourself as a self-sponsor is not advisable because you will have to show that you have enough money for the entire duration of your stay (not just the first year as is required for a "third party" sponsor) . Even if you do have enough to show, having a sponsor is seen as a tie back to your home country by the VO or whoever. Self-sponsorship means ure a freelance student who is not indebted to anyone and therefore might have no reason to want to come home.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2011
To buttress Kay-Dee, self sponsor means that even when you are not at home, funds must still be flowing in for your schooling but how when you not at home to look after your biz? So that means your biz must be big with some personnels who will keep the biz going in your absent.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
@Kay-Dee and imperiouxx

Thanks for your prompt contribution. Besides parents/uncles/aunts, what other categories of people are acceptable as sponsors? Can I use someone who's not so related? Like my Pastor, or a family friend or even a close friend who owns a big IT firm? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, am in dire straits and don't have time on my side.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
webstradamus:

@Kay-Dee and imperiouxx

Thanks for your prompt contribution. Besides parents/uncles/aunts, what other categories of people are acceptable as sponsors? Can I use someone who's not so related? Like my Pastor, or a family friend or even a close friend who owns a big IT firm? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, am in dire straits and don't have time on my side.

Yes, anyone who is not directly related to you can stand as your sponsor. There is provision for such and such persons are usually referred to as philanthropist. But the onus lies on you to state to the VO, when asked what benefit(s) the philanthropist stand to benefit in sponsoring your education (millions of naira).

@ impreiouxx

Pls let's chat on ymessenger whenever you can,but let it been soonest.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2011
Kay-dee, I did check the schools in texas and even Louisiana but I had to bone them for a couple of reasons cos I was a little undecided when I started. For one, I wanted nursing or something in biological science but settled for geology when I started my first year in geology in one of the federal universities around. I was smitten. That's the word. You're a geologist. You know what it is. I just figured I can make do with a school that's not in the oil states for now. I'm going for undergrad and if I'm not ‎ok with Minnesota, I can transfer or something. Truth be told,Minnesota's relatively cheap and they've got good deals for international students so, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
Hello house

If one fills "Self" as "sponsor of trip" on ds 160, can one claim a third party sponsor during interview??

Thanks for your prompt contributions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
@square,

DS160 confirmation you give the VO on that day will be use to judge you.

@deevick,

You got to wait, I will attach it to you. Have I ever sent you the old materials before?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ILvNola: 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2011
Hello My Nairalander's in USA(NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA), I am Teju by name from OYO state. Please am in need of Accommodation for just 2 weeks and i will find my way out, Please come to my rescue my dearest nairalander's in Louisiana, God will help you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
@imperiouxx-thanks 4 ur contributions,bt i think self-sponsoring givs som1 a very slim chance of getting d visa,10% is a very low probability of 1 gettin a visa,bt nt outright denial though. Talking abt my sponsor in my last interviewJAN/AUG,i used my cousin nt uncle.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
imperiouxx:

@square,

@deevick,

You got to wait, I will attach it to you. Have I ever sent you the old materials before?

@Imperious, pls can you send the softcopies of those material to mantao56@yahoo.com, and can you also give me the address of bookshops I can get the hardcopies for the GRE materials, thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:08am On Oct 09, 2011
@webstradamus-havin a parent as sponsor will make d VO 90% convinced n therefore will ask no quesxn y dey r sponsoring u;havin a close relative will make d VO 70% convinced n therefore will ask reason 4 sponsor,bt u jst need a simple convincing answer which d VO will understand;having a non-relative as sponsor will make VO 50% conviced,at dis point u'll need any evidence to defend reason 4 sponsor wen asked,evn if it takes presenting documentations.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2011
^^^ you guy should give me 1 more day to be back home. I promise to send you 3 old and 3 revised gre materials. I have up to 14 different materials for the new gre including Kaplan premium live test. I don't care about the hard copy because I have been a download hardcore for a very long time, so I get ANYTHING I need online free of charge with my Internet Download Manager or Vuze wink grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 3:13am On Oct 09, 2011
@screamie
if your details havent changed from your previous application on your ds160, i dont think theres any need filling another form. Just a thought
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2011
imperiouxx:

@square,

@deevick,

Thanks imperiouxx.

So one can fill another ds 160 and present it during the interview despite the fact that one booked an appointment with a different ds 160?

Or will one need to make another booking with the new ds 160?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2011
@square-It doesn't matter if u booked with a different ds160,the 1 u hand over to the VO will be used to process ur visa even if its different from the 1 u booked appointment with.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
cleverdude:

@square-It doesn't matter if u booked with a different ds160,the 1 u hand over to the VO will be used to process your visa even if its different from the 1 u booked appointment with.

Yes square.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
@imperiouxx-i used my cousin as sponsor in my 1st interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
Please how do i cancel an appointment that is scheduled for October11.
please I need assistance.imperioux,cleverdude,herself etc. please say something.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
drid:

Please how do i cancel an appointment that is scheduled for October11.
please I need assistance.imperioux,cleverdude,herself etc. please say something.

I think you can cancel 5 days to slated date. I guess you can't for now. If you can scroll back, there was a guy who didn't go for his interview on the slated date but I don't know how the story ended.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
Since the flunctuation in Naira vs Dollar, who knows how much the SEVIS is now in naira? Its urgent.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
@drid-jst as i knw,u cn only cancel or re-schedule appointments 3 days b4 interview date. Right now,it's either u go 4 dat interview or u pay anoda MRV n schedule any date of ur choice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
@imperiouxx-u neva pay sevis? shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
@clever,

Yeah, I should have done this by that Aug but work joined with the way my IA treats issues. I don't want a situation of mis-written info. Next2tx must not see this because we've agreed I should go ahead then. How much is the whole amount I'm paying including mailing and bank charges $200 or $250?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 12:34am On Oct 10, 2011
@ imperioxx
Nope you haven't sent any of †ђε GRE materials to me before.
Okay,I will be expecting to receive †ђε GRE materials soonest.Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
Kay-Dee,

Yes, I agree with you that Texas is one of the best places to study Geology. I told "herself" sometimes ago to consider states like California,Loisiana, Alaska and Arizona when applying to schools no matter what.

Minnesota State is not popular for Geology. Texas is host to headquarters of most of all these oil companies. The state is also popular with her complex geology - mix of Cretaceous strata overlain by Quarternary conglomerates. California is popular because of her earthquake and San-Andrea's fault. Chevron's Enhanced Oil recovery method of bringing oil to the surface in the Kern river field in California is also news. Loisiana is undoubtedly the largest oil producing state in the US. It will be fun to study Geology in these states as you will have access to alot of grants, funds and ultimately cutting edge researches.

Herself: Did you check the University of Texas at Permian Basin? Their admission process is more relaxed and with cheaper tuition compared to other UT's. Did you also check any of the California State University's? Anyway, since the deed has been done, I will only advice you to go to the embassy with atleast a standardized test. I am saying this because I know three people who applied to Minnesota State,Moorehead and were denied because they didn't write any test even when they explained to the consular that it was waived.

Kay-dee, are you a graduate student, what is the name of your school, and what are your research interests? I am a Petroleum geologist too and would like to share some infos and opinions with you.

Finally, I will be in Cal. State, Northridge in two days time and would like to know if there is any Nairalander in that school.

I wish all Spring hopefuls the best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (317)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.