Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,647 members, 7,951,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551762 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
@square-y don't u just make things simple 4 urself. Since u used ur mum's bank statii 4 application 4 admission  n her name was indicated as sponsor on ur i-20,y don't u just fill in her name as person paying 4 trip in ur ds-160 n go 4 ur interview with her bank statii;unless u have something else in mind.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hello everybody in the House i need you guys to enlighten me more better with my admission application , the issue is that i am yet to complete my admission process in order for the schl to issue my I-20 form, they are to waive the standardize test which is the TOEFL ,so basically i think the TOEFL and SAT are the same category of standardize test ? please i need someone to tell me the different between the TOEFL and the SAT because my International admission officer keep telling me that i need to send my SAT score meanwhile he already made me understand that the TOEFL has been waived,so i think there is no need of sending the standardize test again, but now he said i have to send it in order to complete the application for admission.

Am to take my TOEFL test on 20th of this month so i think if the test score should be the case i will be sending the test score result to them , but i want to know if the SAT meant for international student or the US citizen ? this is bothering me so much that i couldn't understand who the SAT are meant for.

I need you guys to response to my post on time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2011
@imperiouxx please i need the new gre material too. I want to write the exam by dec. Please i need it badly. This is my mail addys akinwolekay@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
Kay-dee,

Write me on[b] p.ojay@yahoo.com[/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:14am On Oct 13, 2011
@jamiu4real-u can send him ur SAT,its also 4 int'l students. Afterall,i used only my SAT to secure admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2011
@jamiu4real-der is no difference btween SAT & TOEFL,if u r to write d TOEFL soon,good. Write it n send em ur scores. Both test can b accepted in subtitute for eachother. So dnt bother.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 12:27am On Oct 13, 2011
@Cleverdude thanks very much for your contribution.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 1:22am On Oct 13, 2011
cleverdude:

@jamiu4real-der is no difference btween SAT & TOEFL,if u r to write d TOEFL soon,good. Write it n send em your scores. Both test can b accepted in subtitute for eachother. So dnt bother.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

are you sure of what you are saying ?

TOEFL is simply a test of English as a Foreign Language, just english (speaking, writing, reading, listening parts) Most schools waive it for Nigerians because our official language is English and the language of instruction in most Nigerian primary, secondary schools and Universities is English and they realise that. They wouldnt waive it for Chinese or German students.

SAT is like the american version of JAMB for entry into college and it consists of Mathematics, Critical Reading, and Writing. Even Americans take it to assess their readiness for college.

jamiu4real:

Hello everybody in the House i need you guys to enlighten me more better with my admission application , the issue is that i am yet to complete my admission process in order for the schl to issue my I-20 form, they are to waive the standardize test which is the TOEFL ,so basically i think the TOEFL and SAT are the same category of standardize test ? please i need someone to tell me the different between the TOEFL and the SAT because my International admission officer keep telling me that i need to send my SAT score meanwhile he already made me understand that the TOEFL has been waived,so i think there is no need of sending  the standardize test again, but now he said i have to send it in order to complete the application for admission.

Am to take my TOEFL test on 20th of this month so i think if the test score should be the case i will be sending the test score result to them , but i want to know if the SAT meant for international student or the US citizen ? this is bothering me so much that i couldn't understand who the SAT are meant for.

I need you guys to response to my post on time.

I guess the above explanation answers your question.

Thats what i used to know it to be unless things have changed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 1:37am On Oct 13, 2011
@Kay-Dee thanks for the contribution , to be sincere exactly what you just illustrate now is what i know about the SAT and TOEFL but my contact admission officer said if the TOEFL is waived that i still need to submit the SAT test score which i understand that SAT is like a Jamb for the US citizen , anyway maybe i can send the toefl score to the school when it comes out then i would have to wait and see what they will ask for again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 13, 2011
jamiu4real:

@Kay-Dee thanks for the contribution , to be sincere exactly what you just illustrate now is what i know about the SAT and TOEFL but my contact admission officer said if the TOEFL is waived that i still need to submit the SAT test score which i understand that SAT is like a Jamb for the US citizen , anyway maybe i can send the toefl score to the school when it comes out then i would have to wait and see what they will ask for again.

u shouldnt be applying to study if you dont know the basic entry qualifications.
Your admissions officer was clear - TOEFL is being waived (see kay dee's explanation) but you have to submit an SAT score . . . and you want to go ahead and still write TOEFL tos end to them? grin and you think this makes you look serious before the admissions committee?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 1:49am On Oct 13, 2011
OjaP:

Kay-dee,

Write me on[b] p.ojay@yahoo.com[/b]

Gotcha, I sent you a mail.

jamiu4real:

TOEFL and SAT are major admission requirements , if one of them has been waived and they still need you to provide the other, then you should.

I already told you why the TOEFL was waived.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 1:57am On Oct 13, 2011
@davidylan it's okay, after i submitted my application to the school i later go ahead and register for the TOEFL test which i am unable to get a closer date that was why i ask them to waive it for me, though am still going to use that to apply for another school , and if the SAT score should be the requirement now so i have to write it and send them the score, thanks for your advice bro.

@Kay-dee i understand you clearly
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2011
@jamiu4real-if ur skul insists dat u must submit ur SAT b4 admission can b complete,then u have to make immediate plans to take d SAT n send em ur scores;but u can also use dat TOEFL at the embassy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2011
@jamiu,

TOEFL is English language test required from all non - english origin students some schools waive for Nigerians.

SAT is a standardize test just like your UTME. If your school asked for it, that means no admission without it.

Sending waived TOEFL for required SAT will results to nothing.

@kaycome and others,

I will send the new materials later today.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2011
Hello guys. I applied for spring and up till noe the schools i applied to have not made a decision. I am kind of worried as I'm not sure, I will be able to make it even if i'm admitted or Is it still posible?Thanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2011
I trying to fill DS 160 form but NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER is required and I don't have. How do I proceed? Will it not affect my processing? I need urgent reply cos am currently online fillin it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2011
@moroh,

It doesn't matter, you can still make it. Wait till Nov. Infact you may get from them before end of this month. I haven't gotten my I-20 yet, though I got the admission since July. I hope you did not apply only to that school.

@my destiny,

Thats irrelevant if you don't have it. Proceed with your application without the national ID.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2011
Which address do I fill in for " address where u will stay in d US" in d DS 160. Is it my school address or wat? I'm confused. Imperius and others pls reply. It's urgent
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2011
Put your school address as shown on your I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2011
@Imperioux thanks 4 d contribution
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 11:46am On Oct 13, 2011
@destiny-d organisation u are going to meet is ur skul,so enter ur skul and its address there. Also,just like imperiouxx has earlier said,ignore the National Identification Number and move on with ur application.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2011
Thanx imperiouxxxx. u are doing a wonderful job here.No i did not apply to just one skul.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
I've once applied to SIT for fall i.e Aug semester and didn't get from them until end of Jun. Such schools may be using courier services for shipping I-20s. Hopefully, before mid Nov you would have heard from them all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2011
To spring applicant, don't wait for any  associate degree admission.

@house,

How long it takes to get GRE printable result online and how long it takes them to send result to the test taker?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
@cleverdude and others in the house , thank you so much for your contribution, what i want to know now is how much is the registration for the SAT test and can anybody tell me any direct approved center for the test here , i don't want to fall into bad hand of stupid fraudsters out there.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
@imperiouxx thanks man, i will be expecting the material. Please is it the revised test materials?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2011
imperiouxx:

To spring applicant, don't wait for any  associate degree admission.

@house,

How long it takes to get GRE printable result online and how long it takes them to send result to the test taker?

Go to the Test organisation website www.gre.org\gre all the information you need about the Test is there.

You haven't sent the materials yet to me,I wonder why it is taking you this long because you promised to send it soon the other day.Drop me your mobile number at my yahoo messager I.d.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 8:36am On Oct 14, 2011
@jamiu4real-i took mine in abia state(dority int'l sec. skul,owned by a black-american woman). I also know,though not much about another center in port-harcourt(jephtah academy). Dority is d only center in abia,n i know pretty much about it. If i may ask,wer do u reside? Let me know how proximate u r to any of dese centers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeR1: 8:40am On Oct 14, 2011
@imperiouxx What do you think secured you the Graduate assistantship? I mean your strength.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 8:41am On Oct 14, 2011
@jamiu4real-lest i 4get,from my experience;d SAT registration fee is $95,so u should bugdet $100.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2011
@HOUSE

Please i just got an admission now into University but i have bene denied on associate degreees 3times , what are my chances of getting visa for fall term 2012 pleasse , i lost my WAEC CERT too , how can i get to convinvce the consular abt thaat . i dont want to get denied anymore , but the last time i was internvied d consular said why dont io apply to a univeristy and y been denied 2times , dont kow why he says that

help me with fact PEOPLE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2011
free R1:

@imperiouxx What do you think secured you the Graduate assistantship? I mean your strength.

Yes, I got 3.29 on 4.00 scale in Biochemistry from wes evaluation and 4yrs working exp in medical research while i'm going for MS Chemistry - Biochem. I'm only planning the GRE for formality.

@deevick and others,

Bros, I'm so VERY x 2 sorry. Actually, its because of the size I'm attaching and time but I'll get it done today unfailingly, else, ban me from NL forever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.