Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,385 members, 7,881,390 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? (22038 Views)

I Got A Job On Nairaland / 70k Job In Abuja: Advice Needed! / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
ooasis, ooasis, ooasis, how many times I call you? What the hell are you waiting for? Oya drag your two ears now and start running to pick the latter job with the international organization.

I no get any advice for you other than to warn you that if I later hear you didn't pick the job ehn, na me and you go enter the same trouser. angry Meanwhile, I wish you the best! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Boyoboy9(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
To avoid accidental risk I'd prefer d 50k job
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
From your write up, you already know what to do.

I once had that kind of job and if I didn't leave it the time I did, I won't be where I am now.

With a 70k job, you can be a man sooner unlike that of 50k.

Never consider proximity when trying to move up in life bro.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by LordBaelish: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015

Two things here:

First look at career prospects then

Second look at work hours, buh from my end it seems three transport job would be better. Instinct.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Davivah: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
#70K is better; You need to improve
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by frank442: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
No transport 50k
The best
Stress of transport alone na die

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
Take the new job and my reason is ;be happy with wat you do. There's no need working in a place you aint happy
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by ebbie9ja(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
70k ASAP cool70k ASAP
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by samblessed: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
My dear, go for the new offer on the island. And dont forget to put in your best in the growth process of the organization as you've always been doing and God shall reward and increase you very soon.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by egbaguy: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go for the 70k job....... Forget about the traffic bl.a. Bl.a. Bl.a.,u re a MAN!!!! Do u knw what ur new organisation will mean on ur CV? Go for th fucking island job!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by onunwa21(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
our major problem in life is dat we re afraid of livn our comfort zone, my friend i will suggest dat u take d new job. u re lucky d salary is even more beta dan d said job wic u re doing. accordn to u, wrote dat d 70k job is gud, wit gud working environment and wil develop u. so wot re u waitn 4? gudluck
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by thorbar(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
go 4 70
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by xmileeasy: 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
My son, my son. You asked for better job with prospects and good working environment, I have provided for you. I will surely bless the work your hands. Don't be like the sea, unstable in all it ways. Go ye forth and explore for the work is bless but remember to pay your tithe. ELI RABATA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by INTROVERT(f): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTERMAN:
K means kobo na not thousands. Abi you guys have forgotten kobo ni.
I poo on introvert 's head.

It's now a trophy for anyone to comment before me... grin
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by gebest: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
70k-15k=55k so i go for d 70k
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by MznAirA(f): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
Habisoye:
Guy move to the international organization..am sure there u wi be able 2develop a career...forget abt traffic and uncertainty..u'r a man nah!

U might be lucky 2speak 2a colleague 2scort with afta somtimes..And as am ssing it u wi be expose to influences and connections since its on the island and an international org...

Kindly specify the org name and ur the post they'r putting u 2help us give u more motivations..
[size=8pt][/size]
Congratulations Bro
nairalanders ehen! Why are u asking biko? He only needed ur advice abi u wan go chance am for there
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by cashflowpc(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
You have ur answers!!!

Go for experience and training! You'll advance! Some people even volunteer for experience and training without pay!

The sky is just ur stepping stones! keep moving and don't stop believing!
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by missKiffy(f): 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ooasis:
kindly take time to read through and Pardon my errors pls.

I found myself in a situation where I need an advice.
I have a job on the mainland which pays 50k and I spend no transport at all. I started working there three months after my youth service with 45k, I wasn't satisfied with the job so I started searching for another, it(new job) wasn't coming so I decided to change my mindset and continue this for a while, after my grudges complaints to which the organization says they are not satisfied with my output and that they even wanted to lay me off, (which I knw is just gimmicks as I knw that I am there best staff) I got a raise to 50k after almost a year.
Why I don't like the job.
1. No productivity for a while now, not much jobs bringing in cash for the organization and I ain't happy doing nothing and earning at month end. I have talked to them about how to improve but they seem to want to move at there pace.
2. After the we want to lay you off saga, I feel like I really need to take my exit while the ovation is still loud.
3. I believe I need to change environment and meet new people, since here isn't interesting anymore, the workplace is not appalling and I am tired of the petty shits
4. The 50k salary will always make future job bargain allow recruiters look down on me and offer ridiculous pay.

I got a new job on the island 70k and I will be spending transport of 15k.
New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

Cons
Thinking of traffic, the not to expectation salary and fear of uncertainty, kindly advice me what you think I should do.

Thanks, you may just have saved a life.
When I first read the topic I wanted you to remain with the 50k own but after reading your explanations in the post, go for the 70k own since you don't get job satisfaction in the first one. Job satisfaction is key, I hope you get it in the new job

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Kunle106(m): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
@op, u have already have answers to your question in your write up..
I would advice you go for the 70k, because you said it gives room for you to advance in your career. Please make a wise decision
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
which job gives you more chance for development? choose that option... smiley
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Enough advice given to u OP.

Pick the island job please.

All the best @ ur career pursuit
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
I will advice you to go for the one of 70k #my 1kobo advice
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Chibaba247(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
adorablepepple:
undecided you can do both now as per hardworking guy. Let's know the name of the organisation you are leaving so that someone else will take your place oo.
#jobfinders alerts
hahaha.na only u I see jor,somebody needs to occupy his old space
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Hackomania(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is a no-brainer!
Challenge yourself and reap the benefits. I suggest you see my response to a similar issue on this thread. www.nairaland.com/2390996/should-take-job/2#34939018
Warm regards, KCE
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by sehawale: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Op, go for the 70k job. I took similar step about 4yrs ago to gain the experience that earned me a much bigger job 7months after. I earned 20 times my previous pay for a start.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Dannidom(m): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Poll:

New Job: 90%

Old Job: 1%

Considering the old one: 9%

And the new job won so go for the new one. And fashi that old sh*t

2 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
allanphash7:
Use ur tongue to count ur teeth

If you can't advise the lad, walk a marathon grin

He never said he was in dead end, using of "tongue to count your teeth" only works for feeble minds
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Donbabaj: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
The 70k Job with 15k transport is better than the 50k job no transport..my reasons are

1. you may not expend up to your estimated amount of 15k for transport. you may come across a friend or someone that you may join to and fro to ur work area thereby expending less on transport fare while saving your money.

2. U will make new contacts: business, marital, connection e.t.c. A friend of mine met his life partner in a commercial bus grin

3.A job with no transport may leave you being Lazy,

4. sometime your friend may even suggest that they want to use your house to do a quick crash with a Lady during work hours tongue

The reasons are numerous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by idu1(m): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go 4 d island job and thank me next year.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Bflexing(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
Better go now b4 we sack u on Monday...
Your Current HR Manager grin grin

Just kidding, but leave while u still can

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com / How Nairaland Helped In Exposing A Fake Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.