Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,309 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:22 PM

Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? (22037 Views)

I Got A Job On Nairaland / 70k Job In Abuja: Advice Needed! / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by BOMANY: 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
Bros, after what you wrote you think you are asking for advice or need it. You hv made ur mind already and ranked the new job high. I hope it is still available. Pack ursef n stop wasting time or ur r waiting end of the month to collect ur 50k

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by tellwisdom: 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
yeldey:

I have known you to be a fo.olish boy right since I became a NL member.

Poor you!!!!

Anuofia like u sad
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
I used to work in a bank at d island wit such pay too..lemme give a brotherly advice even 80k job sudnt temp u to leaving a 50k job witout stress for..I bet u those guys advicing u to work to d 70k offer haven't worked in d island.
I bet u dat u wud spend more than dat 15k estimate.
U wud comE back late in d nyt and still leave as early as 5am plus d stress in d work..am talking from experience dear..the multitude may not always be ryt dear.

You can call me on 08185060821.

3 Likes

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Tolubory(m): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
You better take the one wey you see... Job no dey Outside o.....
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by flyforall: 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Forward ever, backward never.
Take a leap of faith and stay with a job thats in line with your career goals.
As a hustler will feed for a day but a career man will feed for a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by profsomebody(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
allanphash7:
Use ur tongue to count ur teeth
Interpretation pls
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis

Stay at ur mainland job and be blogging, doing online businesses sideways if there is no work to do. That way, you can skill uo and fire your boss easily in the long run. wink wink wink
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis:
kindly take time to read through and Pardon my errors pls.

I found myself in a situation where I need an advice.
I have a job on the mainland which pays 50k and I spend no transport at all. I started working there three months after my youth service with 45k, I wasn't satisfied with the job so I started searching for another, it(new job) wasn't coming so I decided to change my mindset and continue this for a while, after my grudges complaints to which the organization says they are not satisfied with my output and that they even wanted to lay me off, (which I knw is just gimmicks as I knw that I am there best staff) I got a raise to 50k after almost a year.
Why I don't like the job.
1. No productivity for a while now, not much jobs bringing in cash for the organization and I ain't happy doing nothing and earning at month end. I have talked to them about how to improve but they seem to want to move at there pace.
2. After the we want to lay you off saga, I feel like I really need to take my exit while the ovation is still loud.
3. I believe I need to change environment and meet new people, since here isn't interesting anymore, the workplace is not appalling and I am tired of the petty shits
4. The 50k salary will always make future job bargain allow recruiters look down on me and offer ridiculous pay.

I got a new job on the island 70k and I will be spending transport of 15k.
New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

Cons
Thinking of traffic, the not to expectation salary and fear of uncertainty, kindly advice me what you think I should do.

Thanks, you may just have saved a life.
best staff ..chai.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by atikuman(m): 5:42am On Jun 26, 2015
I tell you this now....take the job and do part time with my firm..we are called Pertinence limited,we are into your properties,investment, transport..etc.Our properties cut across Lagos...fortunately we are about to lunch our VIP location on the island.on August 1...since you lived on the island.. You could make extra funds with this sir.
Our website is Pertinencegroup.com
Heres my details
Executive Partner
Atiku Omo gbolahan
7oyinlola street behind first bank
Sobo buststop,akonwonjon.
Lagos
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by bigtt76(f): 6:24am On Jun 26, 2015
O boy ...forget traffic joooooor! Peopo de stay Mowe or Iba de come work for Island ...den never die so ride on man and leave the old job for the new. All the best man.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by TOPAI7(m): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Considering the prospect the new job as to offer. i will say you should move on to more challenges, more output, more experience, more connections with associated more transport stress.
Your current job is already boring and there is no new thing to learnt, more so you are already having a guilt feeling, these are enough reasons to move on.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by odomanis: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis:

I have a job on the mainland which pays 50k and I spend no transport at all. I started working there three months after my youth service with 45k, I wasn't satisfied with the job so I started searching for another, it(new job) wasn't coming so I decided to change my mindset and continue this for a while, after my grudges complaints to which the organization says they are not satisfied with my output and that they even wanted to lay me off, (which I knw is just gimmicks as I knw that I am there best staff) I got a raise to 50k after almost a year.
1. No productivity for a while now, not much jobs bringing in cash for the organization and I ain't happy doing nothing and earning at month end. I have talked to them about how to improve but they seem to want to move at there pace.
2. After the we want to lay you off saga, I feel like I really need to take my exit while the ovation is still loud.
3. I believe I need to change environment and meet new people, since here isn't interesting anymore, the workplace is not appalling and I am tired of the petty shits
4. The 50k salary will always make future job bargain allow recruiters look down on me and offer ridiculous pay.

New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

Cons
Thinking of traffic, the not to expectation salary and fear of uncertainty, kindly advice me what you think I should do.

I advise you move on to the new job. It's obvious that the current job is no more secure. Not just because they threatened you but because production is not going on as expected. I wont be surprised if they close shop soon. On the new job, initially it may not be easy but, keep your eyes on the ball as the new job has the potential of providing the much needed lift in your career. Good luck.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Shollarh(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2015
The heart wants what it wants. Your description of this 'new' job is proof that you love it. So go for it. Do what you love!
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis:

Cons

Move on bro! The career prospects is what u shld be happy abt And don't be scared of the uncertainties. Afterall, life is all abt risk. Move on bro! All the best!
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by allanphash7(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2015
Who is this?
Alexpissu:

If you can't advise the lad, walk a marathon grin

He never said he was in dead end, using of "tongue to count your teeth" only works for feeble minds
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Austeenite(m): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Try something new.
The traffic n all of that are challenges that will make you stronger.
There is no such feeling as indulging in a new career phase.
Be positive, The sky is your Limit

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Evergreen4(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis:

Cons

Go for the new job.Please link me up with the old one, I don't have any job
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2015
New job... lobatan
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by anitank(f): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2015
STEVENcrack:
I used to work in a bank at d island wit such pay too..lemme give a brotherly advice even 80k job sudnt temp u to leaving a 50k job witout stress for..I bet u those guys advicing u to work to d 70k offer haven't worked in d island.
U wud comE back late in d nyt and still leave as early as 5am plus d stress in d work..am talking from experience dear..the multitude may not always be ryt dear.

So because of the stress that comes with the new job, he should throw away better prospects and remain in a place where he has little or no future?? What makes a man in this life is his ability to handle challenges no matter how tough things get. I am a lady and I've handled far worse work stress than you can imagine, but I'm still on both feet! How much more a young man full of life and energy?

Op, I believe you already know what to do. There is always this fear of the unknown when you want to leave your job for another and it's okay to feel that way. But take that bold step now and deal with it like a man who knows what he's striving for, because it would be worth it at the end!

All the best

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by STEVENcrack(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2015
anitank:

So because of the stress that comes with the new job, he should throw away better prospects and remain in a place where he has little or no future?? What makes a man in this life is his ability to handle challenges no matter how tough things get. I am a lady and I've handled far worse work stress than you can imagine, but I'm still on both feet! How much more a young man full of life and energy?

Op, I believe you already know what to do. There is always this fear of the unknown when you want to leave your job for another and it's okay to feel that way. But take that bold step now and deal with it like a man who knows what he's striving for, because it would be worth it at the end!

All the best

You are getting me wrong love...wat I said is dat a 70k job or even 90k job is not worth all the stress..moreover there's np security in dat job,he just doesn't know dat and over excitment is still playing games with him. Anyway if he really need d best of advice let him ask people that have worked in island that's the only way he would be on a right track..
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by oyejideogunjumo: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2015
Take the new offer. Pray though but it has more prospect. Adjust your timing on the issue of traffic.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by beyoncausme: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2015
you urself you already no the answer....go for the 70k job...hopefully it will be more productive....

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by OGreene: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Oh boy!! u still dey ask questions. See all the red flags wt the old office, and you want to kontinu......for wetin na? No much growth, nothing challenging. na wa for you oooo. No lemme think say dos ppl don scatter ur mindset small.

A multinational is better anytime anyday, u have a better pay and yes, another experience, ur CV will be looking brighter now. Traffic dey fear you?? We wey dey do am since nko, its part of Lag life, just be leaving ur house early. YOU NEED TO LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Go for it and meet new ppl, u hv a better opportunity to grow and NETWORK!! The way des multinationals treat their staff eh, kool kool, plus they close early......make i just stop here.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2015
... think before u leap bro...

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Gemc3(f): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Go for the new challenge. When u get to your new office, who knows? You may see a staff that lives close to your area that can be dropping you off once in a while. Being unhappy at your place of work is a terrible thing. Trust me. I know. Take a leap of faith. I am sure you won't regret it.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by davidas101(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2015
Go for the new job bro... And guys pls I need a job too o, I'm an OND holder in business admin, I'll appreciate any job as long as the pay is okay and its more of a white collar job...
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by OGreene: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2015
What!! I work on the Island ooo, and i live in Ikeja. We are not saying the traffic stress is good, but if the job is what you have been praying for, a job with better prospects, he should go for it. At least he needs a CHANGE. See the way the company is treating him, threatening him with lay-off. One needs to work in a healthy envt, even sef whats his future going to be like in this company. He has worked there for a while which is good enough, will he remain there forever When its just a fair-enough job, not even Exxon or those big names, abegiiiiii.

Poster, if it were same company grade wt same job fxn, den you can choose the one closer to your house. But these 2 are diff. I work very far from home, most of my colleagues saved money and moved to a closer place, because the work is good, and pay is awesome. Who doesnt like better thing! Please move to a place where the system is working, where ppl re working towards a visions, where there is hope for 2moro......no time for lagging behind. You have tried for those ppl, please PORT and go to where you will be valued and appreciated, where you will use ur potentials to the fullest.

Lastly, pray well for God's direction. He sees 2moro and know what's best for us.

#MyTwocents#

STEVENcrack:

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by OGreene: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Your head is there. He will surely see someone that will drop him off somewhere on the mainland. That was how i started too, infact my colleague was dropping my off at my house jxn! i jus walk into the street and enter my house. I was like God is wonderful oooo. No stress, at times i dey sleep for car sef grin
i really cant work where am not happy, but if the salary is MEGA, i fit manage am for sometime till something better comes undecided

Gemc3:
Go for the new challenge. When u get to your new office, who knows? You may see a staff that lives close to your area that can be dropping you off once in a while. Being unhappy at your place of work is a terrible thing. Trust me. I know. Take a leap of faith. I am sure you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by cecegorz(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2015
Ooasis:

Cons

Firstly, there is no 'International organization' that pays paltry 70k/month to a full fledged graduate. You need to really investigate and find out what makes them International.
The pay seems the same after all the transport and stress you'll be going through, commuting to the Island morning and evening without a personal car.
Like they say, look before you leap.
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Gemc3(f): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2015
OGreene:
Your head is there. He will surely see someone that will drop him off somewhere on the mainland. That was how i started too, infact my colleague was dropping my off at my house jxn! i jus walk into the street and enter my house. I was like God is wonderful oooo. No stress, at times i dey sleep for car sef grin
i really cant work where am not happy, but if the salary is MEGA, i fit manage am for sometime till something better comes undecided

Hahaha! exactly!
Re: Advice:50k Job No Transport Or 70k Job On Island To Spend 15k Transport? by Princewell2012(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2015
Guy stay where you are. a devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. However i work in island and i know what am saying, considering the transport and the stress you are going to face. Finally notting is good as trekking to your office and also back home. Everything has advantages and its disadvantages. good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com / How Nairaland Helped In Exposing A Fake Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.