Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,566 members, 7,972,134 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:44 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (269044 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
@all any idea on a dish dat at west position excatly of mytv --it can nt been more than 53-66 degree ,dey are using 60cm dish to position d dish,any idea?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
@dejsam,

Thanks a million, i saw the newer update u sent this morning.

I will use it when i get home from office this evening.

@adewest, dejsam and George_D
Concerning my installation of either of Eurobird 2 or Badr, i want to go to alaba maybe this weekend and i buy new set of tripod (LNB stand) for the 2.4m dish as the current ones are not straight.

Can this cause my lnb focus not to be right and thereby disrupt my signal, because when i am tracking, when i get to a certain location where i expect the sat to be, the quality on my strong will increase maybe with just 1 or 2% but it wont turn green.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
pls george-d which channel has the tp 12728v 30000
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
@all,

Has anybody in the house tracked Paksat 1 on 38.00 E.

I am trying to get azimuth, elevation and polirisation on IGP.net but there is no satellite listed that is on 38.0E.

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Adeexy: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
williams85:

pls george-d which channel has the tp 12728v 30000

its the free2view package on ew3a which consists of TPA International, 2STV, TV Zimbo, LCF

here is the link http://www.lyngsat.com/ew3a.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
const6:

@all,

Has anybody in the house tracked Paksat 1 on 38.00 E.

I am trying to get azimuth, elevation and polirisation on IGP.net but there is no satellite listed that is on 38.0E.

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated
iv never traked it befor.
from the info gathred, Paksat has 2 beams , one of which covers most part of Africa, and can be tracked using 1.8m dish.
All its signals are C-band, and thre are about 13 fta stations on it among which is Nickelodeon (pakistan). i think the sat channels are indian/pakistan .
try this freq:
3753H/6500.
3814h/4666
830V/12000
3886H/6200
3968H/11481
4145V/6000.
From my area in Abuja: Latitude: 9.1412°, Longitude: 7.3782°
Name: 38.0E Paksat 1
Distance: 36903km
Elevation: 52.9°
Azimuth (true): 105.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 106.7°
LNB Skew [?]: -72.5°
Turn counter-clockwise standing behind the dish.
Hope these help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
@bisi at dis stage of ur setup,if u ar unable to patch ur lnb into d focur,u may av 2 call in a fta technician,if u ar in lagos,u can hit enitan on his mobile,he might be able 2 help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
@const6
i tracked paksat 1 @38east in enugu,
the parameters are,
3.886v6200 star asia,
3966v11.479v nickoledeon,
3790v2.850 info tv,
3945v 4700 play
music
tp with strongest
signal strenght
3.886v6200 star-asia
set ur c-band lnb@ 2,oclock,for a better signal quality remove the di-electric but u can still pick paksat with
the di-electric,
i am using 2.5m/mesh dish
motorised to pick
paksat, @38east,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2009
@GEORGE, you ar my man thanks 4 that explanation. I will go for w3a
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hi all, i at last finished to read the part 1&2, realized that this is the longest thread ever; how many posts will it take, 150, ? i also discovered that senior members today, were newbies that time and memebers were less selfish than today, anyway that's my view point, great to discover George_D Warri installations,
My favorite bird AB3 is not anymore the same, tv stations are encrypted one by one sorry!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
@ All

I was able to get my dvb-s pci card working for multi tv.
I must confess that the package is the bum!
For easy reference i have uploaded all the files that worked for me into megaupload.
Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BUKC18CU. It should still be available for the next 30 days.

Greetings to all who asked about me and most especially the newbies, a little time more you will know how annoying it is
to read through countless posts to find people asking questions that were answer few posts or a page back.

It was a personal disappointment that i couldn't secure one hd box for myself after travelling to and fro the white men's land.
I have been following the discussions and postings and has also embarked on some personal research, not much to share though.

Cheers to all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
odilibe:

@george,
i want to cut my
fuji lnb which i am using now on
a 2.4m pan dish to see if it that
will increase
nilesat signal strenght,
have u,attempted
that before if so
does it increase
signal quality, ?

@odilibe,
I did cut my fuji lnb that i'm presently using for nilesat but I'm afraid I've not
really seen any big improvements in terms of signal appreciation. Maybe I didn't
cut it properly. You can refer to pitodenz to clarify whether you really need to
cut your fuji or not.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
@const6,
I think odilibe has answered you correctly. I do receive Paksat 1 on my motorized dish
including all the channels mentioned. Recently if you will recall, I posted the tp of
nickoledeon junior on the forum and encouraged good members to enjoy.
Paksat 1 is a linear polarized satellite so you don't need a di-electric to receive it's beam.
It is just a step before dstv position on your left when standing facing the dish. For best
bet, use a 3-in-1 lnb combo on your motorized and use your jack to track it.
Adewest did come in very helpful at the time i was installing mine and thanks to him,
I have been able to track thaicomsat too which is also linear polarized.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
@JMS,
Well done for taking time to go through all those posts season 1 and 2. That is what we encourage
everyone just coming in to do but most new members are too impatient to learn the ropes. They want
quick answers and they always want it at the snap of their fingers. That is why you find same people
asking same questions all of which have been treated in the recent past.

And, yes. All senior members today were once greenhorns. That is to be expected really as none of us
here is a satellite tech major in college. We all came in with limited knowledge but a burning desire to
learn and we quickly groveled up as much knowledge as we could lay our hands on and today we are
making use of what we know to emancipate people from the clutches of shylock paytv companies!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2009
my compound, cannot allow big dish so am contented with MULTI TV FOR NOW, grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 2:56am On Sep 02, 2009
ekonibaje:

@all any idea on a dish dat at west position excatly of mytv --it can nt been more than 53-66 degree ,dey are using 60cm dish to position d dish,any idea?

@ ekonibaje

If your observation is correct, then the satellite might be Intelsat 1R at 45 degree west. this satellite has beams strong enough to be received in west Africa by 65cm dish
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 5:46am On Sep 02, 2009
@All

It might be possible to receive Viasat 1 on NSS 7/C using 90cm dish, but you will need to modify the ku lnb holder on the dish to fit in c- band lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 6:28am On Sep 02, 2009
@george
thanks for the reply,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:44am On Sep 02, 2009
@adewest, @toxnaija, @all,
I'm having issues with my supermax lnb which is part of my 3-in-1 lnb motorize
set-up.
A few days back I noticed the signal started fluctuating whenever I move it to any
satellite position. Initially I thought it was partial contact with the f-connector on
the lnb or diseqc switch. I went outside yesterday and did all the checks but the
connectors were all tight in place. I even bought a new supermax lnb and replaced
the old one, yet same story.
Anybody ever had this problem before? If yes, how did you go about solving it?
Today, I intend going for STRONG lnb and trying that in place of the supermax just to
see if there are changes.
By the way, the other two lnbs-the KU band and STRONG without dielectric are all
performing ok and only the supermax is having fluctuating signals.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2009
@george, i hv tracked that w3a but the signal is nt stable. It jump to 57% green and drop to red continuously pls what is the matter. Is that the signal is nt strong this morning. I need ur reply urgently pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2009
@ moderator, i just advertised a programmer for sale, but found out some mins later the post is missing. Did i breached anything? I dont think so.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2009
@Emeritus153,
Eutelsat w3a is behaving funny on small dish these days especially MBC mauritius.
But most channels on 12728v are stable. Did you use a 65cm dish or 90cm?
If not try and track again with at least 90cm and see the diference.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2009
Welldoing my people, pls i want some1 give me all workin frequency of W3a, becous i manage to get just 11 cannels on my srt4652 were 3 are sramble, 3 not disply image with ths frequency
11.191v3.208
12.728v30.000, pls there are no any football station yet on my receiver with those frequ that i mention plssss help. Pls i also need working frequency 4 sirius 4, becaus i just buy 1 90cm dish, which am goin to use 4 sirius4, pls help me. am canting on this old member such as entan200000, twinstaiyeMD olofofo, jugeD, &other old member +new 1 thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2009
@george,
i had that type of
problem before
but it was not on
a c band lnb it was on the ku lnb, i think you may have used a
bad coaxial cable
for your installation resulting in a loss
of,gain from the diseqc switch to
the lnb,
you may need to
change your cable and see what will happen,
(2) if your diseqc
is faulty  you will have the same problem,
on my own case
i only changed the coaxial cable,
from the lnb to
the diseqc .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2009
George_D:

@adewest, @toxnaija, @all,
I'm having issues with my supermax lnb which is part of my 3-in-1 lnb motorize
set-up.
A few days back I noticed the signal started fluctuating whenever I move it to any
satellite position. Initially I thought it was partial contact with the f-connector on
the lnb or diseqc switch. I went outside yesterday and did all the checks but the
connectors were all tight in place. I even bought a new supermax lnb and replaced
the old one, yet same story.
Anybody ever had this problem before? If yes, how did you go about solving it?
Today, I intend going for STRONG lnb and trying that in place of the supermax just to
see if there are changes.
By the way, the other two lnbs-the KU band and STRONG without dielectric are all
performing ok and only the supermax is having fluctuating signals.

@George
is there Dielectric inside the supermax LNB? if yes, try remove it, there r some holds of the dielectric inside the throat of the LNB, put back the Dielectric in another desire hold and see if the problem solve. cool Check ur cables[b][/b] cool

or still i suggest u still go for the Strong LNB u intend buying today, but i think  supermax still got the best to give when it comes to C-Band. undecided cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Benpete: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2009
I greet all in the house. How possible is 90cm with c band? Can i get cnn on Nss 7 c band and viasat on same bird. Is it possible?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2009
A new station came up on intelsat 7/10ku, & d name is MUVI TV, i think its 4rm kenya or southafrica. They show movies 4rm southern africa & in english. I dnt hav d tp off head right now, bt if u hav been watching GenesisTv, then go 2 it now they replaced GenesisTV. Gd luck my fellow house members!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 11:05am On Sep 02, 2009
@ gurus,wil any c band lnb work for viasat 1? cos i stil have my old skol c band lnb which i used long time ago for ds thieves.am planning on shooting the bird today.i wil let the house know as soon as am true.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2009
D tp 4 dat MUVI TV on intelsal7/10ku, i mentioned above is 12561H 26660. Gd luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2009
@ugo_c Thanks so much for the search, but the station may be dynamic
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2009
Emeritus153:

@george, i hv tracked that w3a but the signal is nt stable. It jump to 57% green and drop to red continuously pls what is the matter. Is that the signal is nt strong this morning. I need your reply urgently pls.

i suggest u use strong 4650 to do the tracking. MBC2 is very stable on my end; though am not @ home now, but when i called my bros yesternite he said evrything is ok cool cool

@olatufu, yes cool though haven't give a try, but was told by a fellow that u can nail it with C-Band cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2009
@slyve11 i can not get mbc here i saw rts, lcf, tpai, 2stv, mta intl and tv zimbo can u tell me hw to get mbc

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.