Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,466 members, 7,904,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (265403 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by loluskysat(m): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2009
@ George D

Change the position of one of them. You can move the receiver to another location far away from the Positioner.

That should stop the interference.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2009
@fijabi is the jsc sports key u posted last time are still working and drop ur gsm no let me cal u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2009
@loluskysat,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that and see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2009
@all,
for those still wondering why we seem to have different transponders for tracking
nilesat in different parts of the country. Study these beams well and you'll understand.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2009
Same birds, different beams, different signal strenghts reaching same country grin

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2009
@george d
nilesat footprint
is misleading pls
give us tracking
frequency for NILE
in,all parts of nigeria cos on my
own part the steerable beam
is more concentrate in nigeria.
can u prove ur
post.cos this is
not hotbird or eurobird 1 or
hispasat.
nilesat wide beam has low
power (H)and
middle east beam,is
stronger than
the wide beam.
10758v is a steerable it covers more
part of nigeria.
pls can u post
the,strongest transponder of
nile for all part
of nigeria.
It is not same
birdS as stated
by u there are
3 birds between
7w-7.2w
they are nilesat
101,nilesat 102 and nilesat 103
which is atlanticbird 4
checking nilesat
tracking frequency should
be based overall
result not satellite footprint cos nilesat footprint
is misleading.
CHEERS MATE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2009
@odilibe,
The pictures speak for themselves. It is common knowledge that lyngsat is not that
accurate with EIRP figures but still it gives you a general idea what to expect with
these birds. We have discussed the issue of satellite footprints extensively in
season 2 so asking me to 'prove' my assertions doesn't really come in here.

BTW, on a lighter note, this is about the second time you're asking someone to 'prove'
his post in a little less than a week. Abi you be lawyer sef? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2009
@GEORGE D
i no be lawyer .
picture speaks
for themselves
as u said.
Abi.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2009
@odilibe,
Still on 10758V, notice how the beam from AB4 seems to enter the country from the north-east?
Little wonder then that places like Warri, Asaba, Agbor, etc can hit up to 94% signal quality on
a good day while places like Lagos struggle to keep up with 80%.
Just a food for thought.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by benalways(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ALL
Pls can anyone assist with suggestions on what is happening to my pas 10. I suddenly have the H polarisation of mytv not showing while the V is 60% signal and the 12.722(V) which carries ctv, cnbc africa, sani, tct, etv e.t.c not showing. Kindly proffer solution as i intend to subscribe.
Regards,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ ben, your dish needs a little bit of tweaking,if u are up to the task,get a ladder and climb up to do it yourself,thats why we are here-to inculcate the habit of doing-it-all-by-yourself. just get back to us if problem still persist. @ folo-olofofo, how u guys doing? vickoy-where u dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2009
@BENALWAYS
its not only 12722h mytv and
12722v sani etv
is on pas 10 check if other channels are showing if
they are showing
go to menu and
imput the correct
frequency for
mytv- 12722H26657
ETV-12722V26657,and scan ur
receiver.but if there is no channel showing
at all check ur lnb
and dish u may need to adjust ur
dish and lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:58am On Apr 10, 2009
@all,
This is a special one to all good members of the house.

HAPPY EASTER, HAPPY NEW LIFE TO YOU ALL. MAY YOU
CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE BEST THINGS OF LIFE FOR FREE!

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:09am On Apr 10, 2009
@ George
               how was ur nile signal all through yesterday cloudy weather and how strong is ur showsports and cnn,when exactly is ur down time?

@ Butoneday
                  The information the guy gave me of using pauxis lnb for Metrodigital Cable installation is a lie.I got an information that the pauxis did not work just keep on dropping in the night just as us. The owner has to order a special lnb from US which am yet to confirm the name but i think its a 0.2db or 0.1db who knows.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Apr 10, 2009
Happy EASTER!

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2009
@pito,
Sorry I was not at home yesterday. I need to confirm that. Will call you later
to discuss.

On the issue of lnb, we seem to be forgeting one other good lnb that adewest
introduced some months ago. That is DIGISAT 0.2db. I think I'm going to try it
in place of my fuji and see how it goes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2009
Yesterday i compared freedom with starcom internet and i was amazed at the speed of freedom.If it is not working for u then u re not doing something right. I ve installed the program for some guys here and no complain. Butoneday i ve installed for ur guy and the man seems to be a guru in I.T.

@ George
I ve tried the digitsat also but fuji seems to work a little bit more than it. Though two of them still drop in the night. Of all the cable stations in ph metrodigital seems to be the only one with 24hrs signal in showsports.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jagsm: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
Guys,

I'm new tot his thread. I have had an echolink receiver for a few weeks now and i used to download new software upgrades from www.srsupport.com regularly which gave me pehla and showtime for free but now this site seems to be down not allowing me to download updates, is there any alternative site?

any help given would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kascar(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2009
@george D
THE DIGISAT lnb u taiked about is good. i tried it on my nilesat on a 2.4m pan dish in lagos and my show cinema is 65% quality in the hot afternoon. but i think there are some better ones like premium2 not premium X which is about 5% higher, but there is another one am using presently which is fortec star.I got it from the uk, my brother sent it to me. show cinema is about 70% in the cool afternoon & better in the evening.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2009
@kascar
how can i get that fortec star lnb, i think i need it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2009
@kascar,
Forget about srssupport. Go to www.sat-mac.net. Register and navigate
to what you're looking for.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2009
@olofofo,
How far about that INVACOM lnb of yours? You didn't update the house again
about your 'experiment' smiley

If that your guy get the quad version, I for like to buy from him.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2009
@jagsm,
Forget about srssupport. Go to www.sat-mac.net. Register there and
navigate to what you want.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2009
pitodenz:

@ Butoneday
                   The owner has to order a special lnb from US which am yet to confirm the name but i think its a 0.2db or 0.1db who knows.

the LNB the owner ordered is here yet or not? LNB from the US hardly work in this part of the world.

regarding signal drops, here in lagos, we experince peak signals at night, very strange

@george_d

i will try the invacom again tomorrow, i informed the house before that i was hesitant to cut the LNB, but tomorrow, i will go ahead and cut it. i will give you the feedback on the quad output of it when i am sure my own is working well. also, the guy is game for the mutliswitch for 10k.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2009
@olofofo,
Small, small. E be like say d guy go still come down more.

About the Invacom, I mean whether the guy has the QUAD output
type. If yes, I may be interested. They perform better for bigger
dishes compared to the single output types-according to reviews.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Pito,
My CNN and showsports is showing even right now.
All my packages seem to be 24hrs. No shaking.

I'm calling you now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ George_D,
If your CNN and Showsport channels are showing at night, then your set-up is excellent. People might find it hard to believe since you seams to be the only one reporting such results. However, many things are possible.

@ All,
I bought an invacom quad lnb from the US about four months ago. It has linear and circular outputs. It didn't work. Maybe if I had bought from the UK, it would have worked.

@ Badaru1,
The package will get to you next week.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ olofofo
             it is strange for real. Thats exactly what metro owner said. I Think this problem is only in niger delta region. I wish we found a solution for it.
@ Butoneday
              how is ur 6m installation going?Confirm if ur signal is steady for showsports this night cos it seems there is a change in wheather.How far with the freedom?

@ Badaru
            Please try and settle terms with Ekonibaje. Refund him his money if need be. Its not everybody that can let go like that,i wish u understand so that this can be sort out plz!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ ALL
no one in this thread has confirm if the freedom works for him. Na waa ooh abi na only ph wey the thing dey work?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, na wao! I'm even surprised myself. Before wind shifted my dish last week, I was
experiencing the same thing as others-CNN, SHOWSPORTS, etc all dropping off in the evenings.
No or bad signal was the usual story. But ever sinced I re-installed and finetuned the dish on
sunday, CNN, showsports have been holding steady in the evenings, though with slight drop
in signal strenght. Starsat shows 'weak signal' but it doesn't drop off totally like before and you
can still follow the program without stress.

Why don't we arrange something so you can come over and see for yourself? Maybe there is
something I'm overlooking. It may take an outside observer to point out the magic to me.
Your visit will be highly appreciated.

Let's discuss tomorrow. I'll call you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:09pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ George_D & Pito,
I will be available for the whole of next week. Let's arrange to meet. May be I will take one or two ideas home. Sincerely speaking, my showsport and CNN signal strength is fluctuating between 36 & 37% right now. It comes up in the day time. Much better in the afternoon. I will resume work on my dish on Monday and Tuesday next week.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2009
@ pit, i think badaru is well matured enough to take a reasonable decision on that matter. So u giving him advice on the best way to take might not go well with him. Just watch and dont make any comment. Thats my piece of advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.