Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,175 members, 7,887,416 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:35 AM

See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) (43285 Views)

CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Daniel058(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2015
To
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by fisaylab: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2015
But,if your naira was qouted in dollars value,why could not convert it to naira.or better still,did you intend to get dollars from ATM cos,i dont understand you.you can only get naira aquivalent to your quoted dollar on that screen.no course for alarm.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by omisakint: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Yahoo boys smiling
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by sibb2011: 10:34am On Jul 04, 2015

anyway, what was the outcome of your visit to the bank when you went there to make a complaint?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2015
OP that should be a dom account balance, we uses Naira and not dollars or maybe the ATM you used malfunctioned. Did you make any withdrawal with your ATM and in what currency were you paid, I mean naira or dollars? Go to the bank and vent your anger.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by anonimi: 10:36am On Jul 04, 2015
The right word is DEVALUE and not devaluate, please.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Agbalanze(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2015
Its either its ur dom. Accnt or pic not taken in 9ja...

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by oluwaahmed: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2015
D social media is fast bcomin a Hub, 2 slander corporations name & dat of its employees. In as much as I'm an anti-estblishment activist & a firm supporter of d 99% ova d few 1%, I can't hlp but say dat Op is probably lyin. I used my Gtb card it showed me my bal in naira & paid me in naira yesterday. It's only ur Gtb visa credit or debit card dat will shw ur balance in USD, it will even pay u in naira@ d prevailin cBN exchange rate. Op stop lyin, get a life, b4 u cme here on Monday and open a thread of how, Gtb staff were rude to you and blalala.

8 Likes

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Hmmm..inasmuch as its not the best way forward;but it"ll make sense in aa way sha o..if they can make provision for both naira and dollar value,so we can always know what we"re wot dollarwise without going thru the stress of tryna convert;@ least we"ll know ow much we live on daily without being told by World bank statistics and all....
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by ipreach: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2015
ok

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by lonelydora: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2015
Hian
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Folksyharry(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2015
this is totally unacceptable. did stack the ATM with dollars too? I don't expect this kind of blunder from any Nigerian bank. I hope they will have a good explanation when you meet them
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by smudge2079(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2015
Hmm.. Is dat a domiciliary account?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by labamo07(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2015
O boy, I thought I saw N50 on op account, I for fear. But let's be realistic, that's total nonsense from the bank.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by sdindan: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2015
The end of Nigeria.
Gbagam!
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Richy4(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2015
God!!!. I hope that's a salary account where they just pay in and you transfer it into another account.

If not, i fear for you oooo. $50?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by deebsman1(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2015
There is fire on the mountain with the way d naira keep falling
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by chidekings(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2015
Ur 50 naira turn to 50 dollars..issorite..
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Papasmal(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2015
Op don't bother ur money has been changed.... U Know we are in the era of change.

CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Femistico(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
sue them
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by ebamidele: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2015
This has happened to me too. I visited an ATM in Abuja at Kubwa branch of GTB with my Zenith bank card but on checking my balance it was given to me in $ dollars like my brother had said. I couldn't understand what happened I thought it was that particular ATM may be it dispenses $dollars but trying other their other ATMs it was the same. I ended up not withdrawing that day in case something will go wrong and I will loose my money. bamidele
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Caracta(f): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Nigerians can believe anything. Smh.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by IamforGod: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Op when u get to the bank ask them if you can cash in dollars
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by buruike(f): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2015
Caracta:
Nigerians can believe anything. Smh.

Of a truth they can .
This image sure looks like one u get in Uk.
Infact not for vanity sake but I can say 99% is UK cos I once used that system.

Op abeg scram
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Noneroone(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
ebamidele:
This has happened to me too. I visited an ATM in Abuja at Kubwa branch of GTB with my Zenith bank card but on checking my balance it was given to me in $ dollars like my brother had said. I couldn't understand what happened I thought it was that particular ATM may be it dispenses $dollars but trying other their other ATMs it was the same. I ended up not withdrawing that day in case something will go wrong and I will loose my money. bamidele
so how was it resolved?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Caracta(f): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2015
buruike:

Of a truth they can .
This image sure looks like one u get in Uk.
Infact not for vanity sake but I can say 99% is UK cos I once used that system.

Op abeg scram

And it could be a dom account or Visa card.

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Omotayor123(f): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2015
Starships4u:
That's soo bad...... Why banking in dollars when we use naira.....
My point Exactly...

which level be that na
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Sijo01(f): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2015
What's with the 'fraud alert! Watch your back!'
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by kazman117: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Stevaz01:
this is my story ...
I went to GTB to make withdrawal with my UBA ATM because that was the nearest I could find... I wasn't sure how much my balance was.. so,i made an inquiry into my balance only to find that my money was been valued in dollars..at first, I felt disturbed thinking I had just #50 ..not until someone called my attention to the 'dollar' sign..
Well,I'm so disgruntled by this new development and I strongly feel that banks are trying to siphon me of my cash ( obviously, the exchange rate would cause a huge problem between us and I am storming GTB on monday to make my opinion known) and also, they are devaluating the naira.. a time will come when #1000 won't be enough to buy breakfast cry
If this can get publicized, maybe we can make hay while the sun is just coming out..I'm afraid things are really going to get ugly if this persists.
by the way, i thought CBN enforced a law restricting transactions by banks,schools,hosps, and so on with dollars? why are these institutions not heeding to the rules? what can be done to check mate this anomaly? dear nairalanders, please, have a say!!

cc lalasticlala

Pls go and confirm coz it may b 1 kind of error
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Phlegmatic12(f): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2015
It has already being written,don't you think this is end tym sign?....soon the Americans wud start controln nigeria bck
God na ur hand we dey oooo
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Firefire(m): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2015
I am speechless...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clover, South-African Company Withdraws From Nigeria / 6 Months After! Fidelity Bank Apologizes To Lady After Calling Them Out Today / Innoson Speaks On How GTB Is Owing Him 8 Billion And Refused To Pay (video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.