Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) (43278 Views)

CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by natedalo: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2015
hotgunz:
S a big fat lie.... Ds image s nt bein takin in Nigeria. Chai. U can lie angry
Exactly what i thought at first.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by efonat(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2015
[size=30pt]is ur cash dispensed in dollar? If its not, then its fraud.[/size]

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by chinae(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2015
OP you are the only one that uses ATM in Nigeria, or maybe today. I didn't see this notice so why not 'fiction' to ur title.

Photo shop in action.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Sad to say that most Nigerians don't read.
When you slot your ATM card at Gtb, they remind you that you can shop online this summer all over the world. And for you to buy, you must use the dollar. The thence inform you that your account stands at $000, do you want to shop? You simply cancel, and proceed with any other transaction.
If you account says $58, calculate same with the days currency exchange rate and see if it tallys.
Banks exchange rates are cheaper
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2015
buruike:

Of a truth they can . This image sure looks like one u get in Uk. Infact not for vanity sake but I can say 99% is UK cos I once used that system.
Op abeg scram
UK ATMs pay in $$?

3 Likes

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by ipreach: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2015
blame Papa Buhari for that not CBN

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2015
That is dormincilary account, and it is run in foreign currency. Biko stop pulling our legs.

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by iguita: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
This your story dey somehow oo, abi na New York we dey? Is it possible that your ATM is from a foreign bank? Because I no understand how local bank will give account details in a foreign currency. Even my above questions no follow.

Please give us updates oo, meanwhile I dey go check my account balance maybe I go see $1m
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by gmus: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
There are designated atm 's dt dispence dollar in Nigeria. know gtb and zenith have have such and possiby all banks . u were unfortunate to use such.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2015
And the op forgot to tell us that that was his domiciliary account

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by soleexx(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2015
ahsekeena:
There's shaa money in the account,they shaa didn't take out of it. I seriously don't see what the big deal is here.

They wrote 50dollars but when the atm dispenses it would be in naira right?

Abii what's the problem,is there something I'm missing?

God will Shaa help us in this country grin
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Acousticlexi: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2015
chinae:
OP you are the only one that uses ATM in Nigeria, or maybe today. I didn't see this notice so why not 'fiction' to ur title.

Photo shop in action.
I experienced the same thing a month ago with my fcmb account. If you have trust issues, go deal with it
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by adaxxy: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2015
I beg make them no try am oo because I have over 2m with that bank.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by fisaylab: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2015
oluwaahmed:
D social media is fast bcomin a Hub, 2 slander corporations name & dat of its employees. In as much as I'm an anti-estblishment activist & a firm supporter of d 99% ova d few 1%, I can't hlp but say dat Op is probably lyin. I used my Gtb card it showed me my bal in naira & paid me in naira yesterday. It's only ur Gtb visa credit or debit card dat will shw ur balance in USD, it will even pay u in naira@ d prevailin cBN exchange rate. Op stop lyin, get a life, b4 u cme here on Monday and open a thread of how, Gtb staff were rude to you and blalala.

The issue is from those,who are using UBA atm not gtb atm,but the guy used it at available gtbbank.

I even witness it,but the woman didnt talk to me,so as to educate her.50usd if you can convert it to naira,u will surely get your naira value.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
did the ATM pay you in dollars? Is the account a dollar account (domicilliary account)?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by dandollar1: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
The op is not lying. I transferred 10k to someone, sometime within the past 1 month. He kept disturbing me that I should make the transfer, that he had checked his account via atm and his balance was 50.I had to check my account and his too, to confirm the transfer went through.
I called him back, and he told me he had withdrawn, and that the atm showed him his balance as 50 dollars. Was thinking it was a one off occurrence though.

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
It's Jonathan's fault. #changeindeed#

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
WukedP:
I experienced this two days ago, I went I tried checking my balance I didn't see anything, so I tot twas d BVN stuff, but I continued by pressing d withdrawal botton n it gave me cash so I was wondering what's going on, are our banks safe

Same here. After withdrawal, I clicked on balance enquiry, and it was blank.

But I received an alert of my balance later. And its in naira
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by lasisi(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
It appears all the people who confirm this story got 50 usd balance and all of them cannot be having same balance that translate to 50 usd at the point in time. Hence the balance they got is a result of system error. My opinion though
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by hamilton62(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
Stevaz01:
this is my story ...
I went to GTB to make withdrawal with my UBA ATM because that was the nearest I could find... I wasn't sure how much my balance was.. so,i made an inquiry into my balance only to find that my money was been valued in dollars..at first, I felt disturbed thinking I had just #50 ..not until someone called my attention to the 'dollar' sign..
Well,I'm so disgruntled by this new development and I strongly feel that banks are trying to siphon me of my cash ( obviously, the exchange rate would cause a huge problem between us and I am storming GTB on monday to make my opinion known) and also, they are devaluating the naira.. a time will come when #1000 won't be enough to buy breakfast cry
If this can get publicized, maybe we can make hay while the sun is just coming out..I'm afraid things are really going to get ugly if this persists.
by the way, i thought CBN enforced a law restricting transactions by banks,schools,hosps, and so on with dollars? why are these institutions not heeding to the rules? what can be done to check mate this anomaly? dear nairalanders, please, have a say!!

cc lalasticlala
Is the ATM of a domiciliary account?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
I've encountered this before.
Seems to be a glitch.
Your account should return back to normal or you visit the bank.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
hotgunz:
S a big fat lie.... Ds image s nt bein takin in Nigeria. Chai. U can lie angry
if u want ..i can show u my account again.. just holla me...
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
lasisi:
It appears all the people who confirm this story got 50 usd balance and all of them cannot be having same balance that translate to 50 usd at the point in time. Hence the balance they got is a result of system error. My opinion though
you are wrong ooo... i had $52 dollars there before.. not until i recharged #500 airtime and i got a balance of $50.. that means, banks are charging $1=#250 already..

naija...ur case dey God hand
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by NobleG1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Stevaz01:
this is my story ...
I went to GTB to make withdrawal with my UBA ATM because that was the nearest I could find... I wasn't sure how much my balance was.. so,i made an inquiry into my balance only to find that my money was been valued in dollars..at first, I felt disturbed thinking I had just #50 ..not until someone called my attention to the 'dollar' sign..
Well,I'm so disgruntled by this new development and I strongly feel that banks are trying to siphon me of my cash ( obviously, the exchange rate would cause a huge problem between us and I am storming GTB on monday to make my opinion known) and also, they are devaluating the naira.. a time will come when #1000 won't be enough to buy breakfast cry
If this can get publicized, maybe we can make hay while the sun is just coming out..I'm afraid things are really going to get ugly if this persists.
by the way, i thought CBN enforced a law restricting transactions by banks,schools,hosps, and so on with dollars? why are these institutions not heeding to the rules? what can be done to check mate this anomaly? dear nairalanders, please, have a say!!

cc lalasticlala

You didn't mention clearly how much you expected as your balance in Naira and you're here complaining and seeking advice.

Without proper details you ain't gonna get a reliable advice.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
NobleG1:

You didn't mention clearly how much you expected as your balance in Naira and you're here complaining and seeking advice.

Without proper details you ain't gonna get a reliable advice.
i'm not looking for advice.. maybe you need to go through my write-up again... i was only asking for a way forward coz all i see is devaluation of our own currency..

and for ya all who doesn't believe...come back and check.. i would have added more photos..
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by jocelala: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
I doubt if u knw what u r saying
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by chigoizie7(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
As long a dey pay me in dollars, I ve no problems.
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Jsaviour(f): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
HE IS NOT LYING, SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WENT TO CHECK MY BALANCE AT GTBANK, THOUGH D ACCOUNT IS ZENITH ACCOUNT, THEY SHOWED ME MY BALANCE IN DOLLARS, AT FIRST I WANTED TO SHOUT THAT 419 PEOPLE HAS COLLECTED ALL MY MONEY BUT I NOW LOOKED WELL N SAW DOLLAR SIGN

1 Like

Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Myself2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
All na the world of the Daura President. He wants to mortgage Nigeria to the west, little wonder he's been pandering to their neo colonial whims and caprices.

Buhari is a disaster
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by momo22: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
grin ;DSo na only 50 Dollars u get for your account are u employed?
Re: See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) by Jsaviour(f): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
he

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

InstantGold.ng Customer Support - Buy/Sell: PM, BTC, OKPAY, WMZ, PAYZA, STP etc / Clover, South-African Company Withdraws From Nigeria / How To Survive On 20k Or Less In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.