Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,901 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? (42093 Views)

Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Rich Nigerian Man Force His Girlfriend To Eat A Whole Cake / 7 Places Nigerian Single Ladies Visit When Searching For Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Forwetinnah: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
..why should we?? Those insecure leeches who get easily oppressed over trivial things because they feel you're stepping on their worthless egos!! Shiooor!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by dasrackhor(m): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
How many nigerian men want to marry a woman who earns higher than them?

I can't marry a guy who earns less than I do.
Op one perfect example is here ooooo...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by tsdarkside(m): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
humilitypays:
Some days ago, I and a friend who recently returned from abroad were gisting about life, and one thing led to another, we ended up discussing Nigerian issues like- insecurity in the northeastern Nigeria, abnormal increase in graduate unemployment, politics, and of course romance; basically the rate at which true love is fading away in Nigeria of our time.

It was at this point that my friend started telling me stories of how Nigerian ladies abroad (especially those living in US and UK according to him) play hard-to-get and difficult for Nigerian guys living abroad, especially if they discover that the guy isn't from a wealthy family back in Nigeria.

He revealed to me that many Nigerian guys living in US and Uk would love to marry Nigerian ladies living there, but that the problem is that Nigerian ladies don't always make it easy for Naija guys living there with them to approach them and that most of the Naija ladies there usually flock around a Nigerian guy there if they notice that the guy is from a wealthy Nigerian family or at worst, studying medicine or working as a doctor there.

He also mentioned that he has observed that Nigerian ladies who come from wealthy family backgrounds or those who worked hard to become rich themselves will never agree to date or marry a Nigerian guy who isn't richer than them or popular; that's a celebrity.

His statement shocked me because exactly what he said was also my thought having observed things here in Nigeria for some time now, and some months ago, I also overheard a group of guys discussing same thing at a gathering I went to.

Now, I want to throw this question open to Nigerian ladies of all social status, since nairaland is a popular forum where people of all class visit...please no insults, I just want to hear your opinion.

Why don't we see more of rich single Nigerian ladies date or marry not-so-rich Nigerian guys? Is it a crime or does it mean Nigerian ladies only develop love when they see or smell wealth and success?

At least, we have witnessed or heard of several cases of wealthy Nigerian guys date and marry poor Nigerian girls from poor families who don't even have a job, but on the other hand, we rarely hear or see rich Nigerian single ladies date or marry not-so-rich Nigerian guys; I am not even talking of dating or marrying broke guys, I mean guys who aren't that rich or popular.

Before anyone come calling for my head, please kindly sit back and observe things in your area of residence; you will notice that we now have plenty number of Nigerian single ladies working in big companies and earning fat salaries, some are born into wealth, some have become rich doing business, yet these ladies are single probably waiting for a rich or richer guy to come ask them out and marry them, hence making it difficult for them to find husband.

But in other countries of Africa, Europe, Asia, and Americas, rich ladies date and marry broke and not-so-rich guys without issues, but is seems to be different in Nigeria, why pls

What then is the need of fighting for feminism and gender-equality if NIgerian ladies can't embrace the changes that comes with gender equality/feminism?

Let me give some examples:

Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnajia, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, Tonto Dikeh, Kate Henshaw, etc

Believe it or not, Linda Ikeji wants to marry, but she's probably waiting for one rich guy or son of a former minister, governor, MD, etc to settle down with.....same with Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, and so many others that are not that popular but rich or come from rich family background.

Does it mean that rich Nigerian guys dating and marrying poor or not-so-rich Nigerian girls are fools

At least Marriah Carey married poor Nick Cannon...and many of such cases abound in western countries, but rarely happen in Nigeria, why? Something is wrong somewhere, can someone please explain.

Note:
I am not saying its a crime for a lady to date or marry rich guy, neither am I saying that a lady must date/marry broke guy, I am just curious as to why it is rare to hear that a rich single Nigerian lady is dating or married to a guy who isn't rich?

Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnajia, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, Tonto Dikeh, Kate Henshaw, etc..are still single?? ...strange.......
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by sukkot: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
humilitypays:
Some days ago, I and a friend who recently returned from abroad were gisting about life, and one thing led to another, we ended up discussing Nigerian issues like- insecurity in the northeastern Nigeria, abnormal increase in graduate unemployment, politics, and of course romance; basically the rate at which true love is fading away in Nigeria of our time.

It was at this point that my friend started telling me stories of how Nigerian ladies abroad (especially those living in US and UK according to him) play hard-to-get and difficult for Nigerian guys living abroad, especially if they discover that the guy isn't from a wealthy family back in Nigeria.

He revealed to me that many Nigerian guys living in US and Uk would love to marry Nigerian ladies living there, but that the problem is that Nigerian ladies don't always make it easy for Naija guys living there with them to approach them and that most of the Naija ladies there usually flock around a Nigerian guy there if they notice that the guy is from a wealthy Nigerian family or at worst, studying medicine or working as a doctor there.

He also mentioned that he has observed that Nigerian ladies who come from wealthy family backgrounds or those who worked hard to become rich themselves will never agree to date or marry a Nigerian guy who isn't richer than them or popular; that's a celebrity.

His statement shocked me because exactly what he said was also my thought having observed things here in Nigeria for some time now, and some months ago, I also overheard a group of guys discussing same thing at a gathering I went to.

Now, I want to throw this question open to Nigerian ladies of all social status, since nairaland is a popular forum where people of all class visit...please no insults, I just want to hear your opinion.

Why don't we see more of rich single Nigerian ladies date or marry not-so-rich Nigerian guys? Is it a crime or does it mean Nigerian ladies only develop love when they see or smell wealth and success?

At least, we have witnessed or heard of several cases of wealthy Nigerian guys date and marry poor Nigerian girls from poor families who don't even have a job, but on the other hand, we rarely hear or see rich Nigerian single ladies date or marry not-so-rich Nigerian guys; I am not even talking of dating or marrying broke guys, I mean guys who aren't that rich or popular.

Before anyone come calling for my head, please kindly sit back and observe things in your area of residence; you will notice that we now have plenty number of Nigerian single ladies working in big companies and earning fat salaries, some are born into wealth, some have become rich doing business, yet these ladies are single probably waiting for a rich or richer guy to come ask them out and marry them, hence making it difficult for them to find husband.

But in other countries of Africa, Europe, Asia, and Americas, rich ladies date and marry broke and not-so-rich guys without issues, but is seems to be different in Nigeria, why pls

What then is the need of fighting for feminism and gender-equality if NIgerian ladies can't embrace the changes that comes with gender equality/feminism?

Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnajia, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, Tonto Dikeh, Kate Henshaw, etc

Believe it or not, Linda Ikeji wants to marry, but she's probably waiting for one rich guy or son of a former minister, governor, MD, etc to settle down with.....same with Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Domnic, Funke Akindele, and so many others that are not that popular but rich or come from rich family background.

Does it mean that rich Nigerian guys dating and marrying poor or not-so-rich Nigerian girls are fools

At least Marriah Carey married poor Nick Cannon...and many of such cases abound in western countries, but rarely happen in Nigeria, why? Something is wrong somewhere, can someone please explain.

Note:
I am not saying its a crime for a lady to date or marry rich guy, neither am I saying that a lady must date/marry broke guy, I am just curious as to why it is rare to hear that a rich single Nigerian lady is dating or married to a guy who isn't rich?
nick cannon is not poor. he is worth like 50 million dollars.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by passionate88: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
An2elect2:

Believe me, you will do worse if you were a Nigerian girl.
I wouldn't.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by yankison(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
they are proud and the poor ones are LovePeddler... except our mothers coz they are not global day women
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by LilPeezy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
None of ma business

As far as I dey see osho free drinks dey high dis nite no p

And dis gurl sitting bsyd me go follow me go huz 4 night vigil

Heard she is nxt president daughter of d no gonna come to pass biafra country
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by tsdarkside(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ujupsy:
The problem here lies on the men,they should make the first move because is not for the rich Nigerian woman to propose to the man,some of these women mentioned here want to settle down but the society have made them appear unapproachable ,I urge all men who feel they can settle down with rich women should take the bold step am sure they won't be turned down.

you are right...weak men...---,,,,.....

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by baloney: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by seedord247(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
sukkot:
nick cannon is not poor. he is worth like 50 million dollars.

Nick was not in any level with mariah when they met... Nick is like KB while Mariah is GB then...

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
This happens because . . .

1. You rarely find two financially different classes together. Rich people don't go where not so rich people are.

2. The percentage of women that marry men who are poorer than them is constant in all races. It only seems like white women do it more is because they are more than us.

3. Most white women that behave like this are gulible and foolish. Too much romantic movies. They are usually fat or roboust from too much popcorn from movies. They often believe in love and fail to notice they're being used. Nigerians know better.

3. Women are generally attracted to men who are better than them. It's a natural instinct. You can't change it. Feminism can't change it either. No matter how much they cry for equality, they still desire men who are better than them. Even rich girls desire rich guys. Which is why i don't criticize girls that go for money. It's natural.

4. If white women marry black men, it's usually out of curiousity. If a nigerian girl possesses this kind of curiousity, she is more likely to date a korean or a mexican. Not a member of her own race.

5. You exaggerated.

6. There is something called Bleep. There is a class of practicioners of this . . . Phenomenon, called submissives. They are extremely humble and docile. They have zero pride and arrogance and can be easily controlled despite their material possessions. It is extremely difficult to find a submissive among the nigerian race. Almost everyone is a dominant.

7. White women are inexperienced to the sweet tongue nigerian men are blessed with. From our awesome accent to our bodacious dexterity in the art of poetry. We exist to blow the female mind away.
Except she is nigerian. And then she can see through our tricks.

8, the way whites view material possessions may well differ from our own.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by 2termz(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
whats all dis angry
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by sukkot: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
seedord247:

Nick was not in any level with mariah when they met... Nick is like KB while Mariah is GB then...
but he is / was still rich. he is a multimillionaire and a super-star with several shows and several businesses and several production companies and he owns a TV channel, i think its nickle-odeon or something. you better read up on the guy. he is an executive of many companies. he was more powerful than her but she had more money. but he is very rich. so thats a bad example

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by dwayni: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Just keeping a family tradition, it's not personal. Regardless of my family background, I spent 6 years of my life in college don't expect me to marry a low life with no future just for love, nope. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone wanting more or what a best for them, man or woman.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Jagabanthelion: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
To chop SOME naija women money na today? Even when they try n marry a man they are richer than,they keep reminding him of everything they help him out on,disrespect him and disregard him as the head of the home. Yet they still turn around and select men who are rich when they are on the disadvantaged side. Smh,but what can we do? we are stuck with them man. Just look for a good one to date.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by seunny4lif(m): 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
A very good observation.

A good majority of the so-called well-off Nigeria ladies are into nursing which gets them about $100k/year. Is that a lot of money? No. But coming from Nigeria, it is. They want a man who earns something similar or more. A lot of Nigeria single males when their incomes go up tend to gravitate towards foreigners. Perhaps, in areas like Atlanta or Houston with a large congregation of blacks per square mile, they may marry fellow blacks. But in fast paced metropolis like NY or southern California, the chance of marrying a foreigner is higher. It could be fellow African but not necessarily Nigerian. Who wants to deal with all the in-laws feeling of entitlement BS?

Coming to Nigeria, there are many factors at play. Nigerians love class--Either you belong or you don't. The ladies are scared of gold-diggers. I will not rule out that some of them may be "closet lesbians". Really? Well, rate of lesbianism in secondary school level alone is very alarming. But the society will make them remain closet lesbians for fear of ostracization. I always have the opinion that the greatest obstacle to marriage for Linda Ikeji will be her siblings. A suitor has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is not there to block their access to the infringe benefits they get from her. Otherwise, nobody will be good enough for her until she turns around and she is 50.

Here comes the disclaimer: I could be wrong.

\
Here in Germany and Switzerland most Nigerians end up marry foreigners like people from other African country...
You see a medical doctor female married to a Nigerian factory worker man or worse self
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
69MissedCalls:

Aswear! you don get am
Baba na so ooo, all these women I no understand dem at all.. Too complicated
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by vislabraye(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
humilitypays:

Note:

That's why rich guys like to chop them well well before they marry. But in all sincerity, there are some big babes who don't mind marrying guys that are not so rich.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Dinhodinho(m): 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
NA wao
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by dfellow97: 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Poor girls are more problematic than rich girls. They want 2 show they know 2 much but they know nothing. Some will even ask 4 microwaved ice cream.

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
passionate88:
Only in Nigeria do 'girls' use the amount of money earned by a man to accord him respect.
how many countries have you visited?

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by denedene(m): 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
op you are right but if the situation is too hard na to go kenya, South Africa, cape verde or any other country to find wife
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by sukkot: 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
but truth be told many rich women will let down their standards for a very handsome polished sophisticated well dressed but not very rich guy OR a guy who is endowed. They can let down their standards for a man who falls in either of these two categories

FACTS. WOMEN ARE CARNAL LIKE THAT.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by vislabraye(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Haywhymido:
great reply. However, av seen sum cases where foreign ladies marry men(2 dat r nigerians) dose dat they are richer dan n there av never been a report of dem losing dia humility. "losing humility" because u r d breadwinner of the family,of the females, is it a problem peculiar with nigerian women only? If so why?
2ndly,do u think gender equality will work in nigeria?
Pls, i need honest answers just as the one u wrote up there.Thank u in advance

You know, people want to eat their cake and have it. Nigerian women want to be equal to men in all aspect, yet they want a wealthy man.
What I can say about these white ladies is that many of them are not exactly beautiful. I've seen some and i smh. I like Nigerian babes sha.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Mcteeblack: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
This Topic is a very interesting one which needs to be addressed. In my opinion, I think some of those rich girls need aNY guy be rich or poor to ask them out but there are some factors hindering it. The factors are

1] some guys are afraid of asking them out because of their financial status.

2] Most of those girls don't go to where a normal average guy can see n approach them. They tend to go to more advanced places like the coolest bars in town where normal guy can avoid etc.

Also, u said ur friend said something about Nigerian girls trying to play hard to get in abroad, but that's not true. They ain't playing hard to get over here. They are usually not serious when they are still young and in school. Always dating different guys, going to all clubs n bars. But will know want to marry after we have all slept with them. So who will want to marry a girl u know at least 4 to 5 guys have slept with?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Africanpride: 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
So you and your friend come from abroad, una come dey discussed this kind thing. Today na sunday if not i for call you and your friend male gold digger but on Sundays i don't call people names.

If you and you friend become gigolo then rich ladies will come to you as long you guys are good in bed. Cos the worst thing that can ever happen to a man is for him to be broke, ugly and poor in bed.

Na waiting woman go use that kind man do?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Mcowubaba: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Markjane2:
Hello,

This is to inform the general public Male or Female who are healthy and 100%
serious in donating their kidney should urgently contact GENERAL MEDICAL
CENTER. As we have a lot of patients who are hear for kidney transplant,
Are you
seeking for an opportunity to donate your kidney for money due to financial?
break down and we shall offer you $300,000.00 USD for your Kidney. Our
hospital is specialized in Kidney Surgery/transplant and other organ treatment,
they also deal with buying and transplantation of kidneys with a
living and healthy donor. If you are interested in donating your kidney please
don’t hesitate to contact us via :

Email: Generalmedicalcenter@hotmail.com

Phone: +2349050303095

Please Note: Please be sincere and truthful we are not kid, this is about saving
lives of others.

Best Regards.

GMC
Thunda wey go fire u dey rub Mary-kay. Iranu...

7 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by seedord247(m): 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
sukkot:
but he is / was still rich. he is a multimillionaire and a super-star with several shows and several businesses and several production companies and he owns a TV channel, i think its nickle-odeon or something. you better read up on the guy. he is an executive of many companies. he was more powerful than her but she had more money. but he is very rich. so thats a bad example

Lmaoooo Nick was more powerful than mariah Please what;s your definition of powerful and according to Nick, he said he loaned 470k to buy mariah carey a wedding ring so i don't know where your millioaniare and powerful come from..

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/18/divorce-proceedings-reveal-nick-cannon-took-470000-loan-to-buy-mariah-careys-engagement-ring-while-he-had-500000-to-his-name/

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by sukkot: 11:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
seedord247:

Lmaoooo Nick was more powerful than mariah Please what;s your definition of powerful and according to Nick, he said he loaned 470k to buy mariah carey a wedding ring so i don't know where your millioaniare and powerful come from..

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/18/divorce-proceedings-reveal-nick-cannon-took-470000-loan-to-buy-mariah-careys-engagement-ring-while-he-had-500000-to-his-name/
Bellanaija is your source ? like i said, nick cannon owns childrens TV channels and had made several films before marrying mariah. i was living in the USA at this time so i know. he also had several shows on MTV
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yanga!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amazon Was Caught Selling Gagged Sex Doll / I Think I Am Still In Love With Her But I Need Help! / UK Man Accuses Nigerian Lady Of Being Golddigger & Marrying Him To Get Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.