Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? (42098 Views)

Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Rich Nigerian Man Force His Girlfriend To Eat A Whole Cake / 7 Places Nigerian Single Ladies Visit When Searching For Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by dasunnystar(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2015
This life is a choice...is left for them 2 stay single and keep on sleeping around... cry cry cry
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by daveP(m): 12:57am On Sep 28, 2015
Me like this topic. But those that would make a case are sleeping.

At the bottom of this discourse lies the 'fear of what the future presents'

come october 1st, il resume my (jots a thing or two)
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Subom1(f): 1:01am On Sep 28, 2015
youngice:

Stop embarrassing your self
Mariah Carey and Nick no be mate and Nick doesn't own Nickelodeon, it's owned by Viacom,

I think what he was trying to say is that Nick Cannon is not an average joe. Yes Mariah has more money and was more successful but he was not a broke dude and he had prospects as well. So you can't compare him to the 'average poor guy'. He was also a celebrity

Whether he borrowed money or not is besides the point. Was there not a point Mariah was almost bankrupt at a time when she was also having her mental breakdown.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 28, 2015
humilitypays:
Hi, pls this isn't an attack on Nigerian ladies....at least, not from me because I cherish Nigerian ladies so much to hate emgrin

Its just an observation that I felt like hearing ppls opinion.

I can't hate Nigerian girls...I have no single reason to but instead I wish and desire to see us live happily, ever after instead in tears and loneliness as been the case of recent.

So relax and just read ppls opinion, we all are learning from life, good morningsmiley
JUST WAIT UNTILL THERE REAP YOUR HEART WILD OPEN undecided
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by youngice(m): 1:04am On Sep 28, 2015
Subom1:

I think what he was trying to say is that Nick Cannon is not an average joe. Yes Mariah has more money and was more successful but he was not a broke dude and he had prospects as well. So you can't compare him to the 'average poor guy'. He was also a celebrity

Whether he borrowed money or not is besides the point. Was there not a point Mariah was almost bankrupt at a time when she was also having her mental breakdown.
When I said stop embarrassing your self it was with respect to he insistence on Nick being the owner of Nickelodeon,

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Subom1(f): 1:05am On Sep 28, 2015
youngice:

When I said stop embarrassing your self it was with respect to he insistence on Nick being the owner of Nickelodeon,

Lol okay grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by savanto: 1:06am On Sep 28, 2015
How many nigerian men want to marry a woman who earns higher than them?

I can't marry a guy who earns less than I do.

So what happens if you later lose that job and the reverse becomes the case? Time and chance happens to them all!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by tommyrayrich(m): 1:09am On Sep 28, 2015
Get with it, Only men who are losers consider dating a rich girl

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 28, 2015
hugogerrard:
Nigeria is synonyms with stupidity. Meanwhile... The ur question lays foundation to the cornerstone to the future in such a way that equality will obtain it's right here...
Do you mean Nigeria can also be interpreted as Niga area? OMG
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by 400billionman: 1:14am On Sep 28, 2015
I do not even know what class stratification is.

We just have alot of fake girls who pass through the university but the university does not pass through them. Girls who only call you or send sweet texts when they receive bank credit alerts from you..

If not to have children, i hardly wonder what Nigerian ladies are good for. Always seeking for lifestyles they never had when staying with their parents.

As for the money angle, a woman will disrespect any man she happens to feed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by 2hrt(m): 1:20am On Sep 28, 2015
hahahahaha
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by DedeNkem: 1:32am On Sep 28, 2015
In fact, there are such Nigerian women who married men who were lower than them socially and financially. But the number is quite low if compared to men who married poor women.

There are many reasons why most women are not married to such men;

1. Most well educated and successful women want to marry men who're either in the level with them or above. Such men are scarce.

2. Most Nigerian women are pure gold-diggers, including the poor ones (funny but true) . This is the most common and most men run away from this type of women.

3. Some women don't go backwards in life style. If they had men who bought them cars, they would want the next guy to do the same or better. If they had men who took them abroad for shopping, they will expect the same or more from the next guy. Such men are scarce.

4. Some women are from rich families, have rich friends, attended expensive schools for rich kids, travel abroad regularly for shopping or vacation and work in a multi-billion naira company owed by their rich relative. It will be hard for these type of women to mingle with average or poor men because, they've been surrounded by rich people like themselves all their lives.

5. To some successful women who'are willing to marry any good average guy, getting the men is hard because most Nigerian men don't like marrying women who're more successful than them. They blindly claimed such women will disrespect them, forgetting that most women who disrespect their husbands are the ones from average or poor families.

6. Some rich women just want men who're financially stable, so they go for men who're richer than them. Most men are not rich.

7. Some of them think average or poor men will go after their wealth. So they would rather be single than marry men below their level.

8. Some successful women are willing to marry good men and don't care if the men are rich or not. Even though this type of women are more likely to get husbands quicker than those I mentioned earlier, the only problem they face is that most men are not confident and bold enough to toast rich women.

Money is good but it's not everything. Everyone deserves a good life partner but how you go about it, matters a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 28, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

The answers to your questions are just very simple. Women are naturally selfish period. A poor young lady would always love to marry a rich guy, but a rich and well to do guy will never want to marry a relatively poor guy: she doesn't want to use her money on the guy.
Enhennnn sonofananimal! I was heregringringrin
grin grin grin brother na pride ohhh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 28, 2015
Subom1:
People generally whether male or female tend to associate the most with people like their self or someone they may have a lot in common with. 

Most times a rich woman and a poor man will not have a lot in common ( interest,  education etc) so will not be compatible often times then not. I think compatibility and status is more of the issue then the money itself as a rich woman doesn't  'need' a rich man's  money either.

I have found from personal experience that men too (not all of them) are intimidated if a woman is actually earning more than them. Similarly if a man is poor and lazy and allows a woman to be the breadwinner of the house,  there will be no respect and most times the lady will be the boss of the home.

Generally women don't tend to be stupid like men who often fall for younger women who end up being gold diggers and are less likely to want to support a man financially. They want someone their equal, well educated, good job, etc. However, everything they expect they can also offer.

When a lot of poor peeps get a taste for money, they become greedier than even some rich people. This is due to the fact that they grew up with nothing and now feel that they deserve the money since they grew up poor. He will then grow wings and that's when the trouble will begin lol not to even get started on his family becoming a liability to you as well.

If you guys happen to separate for some reason then just take Elizabeth Taylor for an example. She married 'lesser', and paid a ton in palimony & divorce settlements. What woman wants that!

Ain't nobody got time for that grin

personally I can date a guy I earn more than but he has to be educated and be able to stand on his own feet. I ain't going to date some guy whereby I will be his atm machine while he does nada. Tufiakwa cheesy
undecided happy 35yrs single anniversary
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Subom1(f): 1:51am On Sep 28, 2015
sonofananimal:
undecided happy 35yrs single anniversary

Sorry to disappoint ya but I ain't single cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 28, 2015
Subom1:

Sorry to disappoint ya but I ain't single cheesy

we know them pretend ALOT.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by EmekaBlue(m): 1:57am On Sep 28, 2015
I have dated many other african girls from south,eastern african i can boldly say 9ja girls r d most stingy and want to just chop frm her guy..THATS ALL

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Subom1(f): 1:59am On Sep 28, 2015
sonofananimal:
whe know them pretend ALOT.

Whatever makes you sleep at night cheesy.

I have a feeling you will end up being those kinda guys(pic below)

Don't be a leech. Make your own money and be your own man grin grin. Don't be a psssyassniggaaa

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by kamikazeY(m): 2:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Point of correction,Nick cannon wasn't poor oo b4 they both got married...I think the problem is mentally related.when ladies say I cannot marry a dude that dosn't earn up to/more than her but forget that some may retire and earn lesser than b4 when they're married..what will now happen?shey no be the same scenerio with being single cz he earns lesser?.ki e gboshi yin kuro jare..if you truly wana love nd marry,stupid factors wunt stand in your way.#and who says him earning more will bring peace into the home.
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Donpressman(m): 2:29am On Sep 28, 2015
sukkot:
nick cannon is not poor. he is worth like 50 million dollars.
Not true bro. His networth was very low when Mariah Carey married him. His networth increased after their marriage and his total concentration on his career(which is what is increasing his worth) is the reason their marriage became frosty. And even at his $50 million worth now Mariah Carey is worth 10 times. so relatively he his poor! so Whats ur point?
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 28, 2015
Subom1:

Whatever makes you sleep at night cheesy.

I have a feeling you will end up being those kinda guys(pic below)

Don't be a leech. Make your own money and be your own man grin grin. Don't be a psssyassniggaaa
undecided
Madame witch, you just see your husband destiny.

Good for you

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by oshaosha2014(m): 2:31am On Sep 28, 2015
You make sense.
[1quote author=RedCapChief post=38445629] smiley
Generally, most women want a man who will be a provider. It is not being greedy or anything like that. it is just how they were socially engineered. Don't blame women who don't want a date a broke guy.

Traditional, men bring home the bacon and women cook the bacon. Women, particularly those from conservative societies, just want stability. Thus far, money is an imperfect index, but it is the only metric of stability that we have.

There is usually no problem when a woman earns more than a man if the man is able to hold his own and provide for the family. The problem starts when the woman is wealthy and the man can't pay for the shirt on his back - talk less of a family vacation.

Many young rich single women just want a man who has his game on lock; they are only trying to be responsible and you can't blame them for that.
Brothers, get your act together, do something with your life and you will be spoilt for choice with responsible women.

Skanky white girls can give you all the sex you want, but if you want somebody responsible (who is also doing something with her life), you will have to be a provider. It is the rule of nature all over the world. Just visit ATL or Maryland and see the proportion of Nigerian female professionals who just want a guy with a steady job, decent manners and a good credit score.Even responsible white girls will not come near a dude who can't get a grip on his life.

In summary, build the treehouse and the birds will come flocking
[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by oshaosha2014(m): 2:31am On Sep 28, 2015
You make sense.
RedCapChief:
smiley
Generally, most women want a man who will be a provider. It is not being greedy or anything like that. it is just how they were socially engineered. Don't blame women who don't want a date a broke guy.

Traditional, men bring home the bacon and women cook the bacon. Women, particularly those from conservative societies, just want stability. Thus far, money is an imperfect index, but it is the only metric of stability that we have.

There is usually no problem when a woman earns more than a man if the man is able to hold his own and provide for the family. The problem starts when the woman is wealthy and the man can't pay for the shirt on his back - talk less of a family vacation.

Many young rich single women just want a man who has his game on lock; they are only trying to be responsible and you can't blame them for that.
Brothers, get your act together, do something with your life and you will be spoilt for choice with responsible women.

Skanky white girls can give you all the sex you want, but if you want somebody responsible (who is also doing something with her life), you will have to be a provider. It is the rule of nature all over the world. Just visit ATL or Maryland and see the proportion of Nigerian female professionals who just want a guy with a steady job, decent manners and a good credit score.Even responsible white girls will not come near a dude who can't get a grip on his life.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by adconline(m): 2:40am On Sep 28, 2015
Cos most Naija girls are takers and not raised to bring much to the table..

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 28, 2015
From my experience, most Naija gals are not supportive to their men.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by nanalady(f): 3:03am On Sep 28, 2015
RedCapChief:
smiley

...nice points.. wink
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Fredzy7(m): 3:21am On Sep 28, 2015
Questions like dis bring out d sexist in you.....so i would try to be fair as i am make dis comment........firstly OP i was enjoying your post until you mentioned "NICK CANNON" as a poor guy shocked ......seriously a lot of dis rich bitches would pour out all they have to hook up wit him....not because he is the richest celebrity but because whenever you hear "AMERICAS GOT TALENT" you think nick cannon he's fucking popular........................

now back to your question.....i wouldnt want to look like a jerk so if i was face to face wit all dis feminists i would tell them they are busy wasting their time.......Nigerian gals can go low.....but trust me d only rich gal who is too proud to mellow for her guy didnt get to where she is by being hardworking...........gals are materialistic so you really cant blame them if they confuse respect wit money....a lot of us do that...

Solution
Just Cut your coat according to your size and i promise you will never find yourself wearing singlet to a masquerade party...........

as for the gals just do whatever you have to do to secure a future for yourself....just remember self respect when you do so.....the fact that everybody is doing it doesnt make it right....I know dat there are still some good gals out there...so whenever someone say Nigerian gals you should know they weren't referring to you.

In This life try to be happy not rich....if you think money makes you happy try killing your family for it.

BTW i am going to be a rich guy.......so i will see you when i do so

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:26am On Sep 28, 2015
Nnemuka:
Cant you guys let Nigerian girls be?
Honestly we dont care what you guys say, if it isnt working out the way you want with nigerian girls pls let them be.

You suck.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:26am On Sep 28, 2015
Chuukwudi:

Your comment sucks .
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by christinie(f): 3:33am On Sep 28, 2015
You can't hate Nigerian ladies yet your post about them is derogatory and makes them look like gold diggers who don't know about true love. With a friend like you who needs an enemy? Mxm.
humilitypays:
Hi, pls this isn't an attack on Nigerian ladies....at least, not from me because I cherish Nigerian ladies so much to hate emgrin

Its just an observation that I felt like hearing ppls opinion.

I can't hate Nigerian girls...I have no single reason to but instead I wish and desire to see us live happily, ever after instead in tears and loneliness as been the case of recent.

So relax and just read ppls opinion, we all are learning from life, good morningsmiley
Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:35am On Sep 28, 2015
winnieberry:
Op i think d'problem comes from d'guys and our myopic,archaic societal vaalues whose states dat A man must d'wealty one.Most naija guys are intimidated by rich ladies,even on threads here,some guys feel guys should not go after rich ladies.When a man goes after rich ladies,he is a either a gold digger or gigolo,Naija guys got alot of problems wit them:date a rich babe no ,then they go fter broke ladies and start complainig she is only after my money ,for crying out wat do u wat her to be after wen she is a broke bitch?We need change in our beliefs on relationship

I disagree, who no like better thing? You know most rich girls are fine and na so traffic high. Have you tried approaching one? Whether you hold urside or not. The kind shakara ehn no get mate. If you no balance well, you might be thrown off guard. These ladies make themselves virtually inaccessible by a normal guy. As if relationship na part of their accessory. Even South Africa here, you can date anyone irrespective of their social class as long as ur mind carry am. I know personally a street boy(naija) here who is married to a Member of Parliament. The woman don remove am from d streets and he is now a building contractor. I no want mention names.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? by gajike: 4:00am On Sep 28, 2015
Op u are looking at it from one angle which is wealth. Have u forgotten the character compactibility. U cannot compare them in term of upbringing. The mentality and their way of reasoning can never be the same.

Another factor is d family issue after marriage. What the rich lady will never count to be arrogancy or rudeness due to her upbringing the husband side will always pick offence because of inferiority complex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Think I Am Still In Love With Her But I Need Help! / UK Man Accuses Nigerian Lady Of Being Golddigger & Marrying Him To Get Passport / Man Dumps Pregnant Soon-to-be Wife For His Ex-boyfriend (pic/vid)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.