Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,375 members, 7,950,788 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (11051 Views)

Poll: Can Christians and Moslems be friends?

Yes: 73% (59 votes)
No: 26% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

To African Christians And Moslems / The So Called Dedicated Christains And Moslems Are The Most Wicked On Earth / Catholics And Moslems, Yall Done Had Your Fun, Now Lets Get Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 13, 2006
babyosisi:

Occasionally, we’ll hear from a Muslim not mired in the Dark Ages. Usually, they’re wondering where all of the other moderate Muslims are. One is Irshad Manji, a fellow at Yale University and the author of “The Trouble With Islam Today: A Muslim’s Call for Reform in Her Faith.”

Ms Manji can author such a book while safely ensconced in New Haven. If she wrote a book suggesting--or even hinting--that Islam is less than perfection, while residing anywhere in the Muslim world, she’d be dead. In fact, in many parts of the Islamic world, a woman can get in serious trouble for reading a book.

These very lines have been the major reason behind my pessimism at those who call themselves "moderates", those who claim to "love others" and who continue to live in denial by claiming Islam means peace!
Most "moderates" can afford to speak their minds and write books condemning Islam while safely enjoying the benefits of living in tolerant christian nations!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by malamne(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2006
wELL IT IS THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE FROM CHRISTAINS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT MAKES US TAKE THEM AS ENEMIES. WHY DOES THE CHRISTAIN WORLD NOT LEAVE US ALONE? ARE THEY AFRAID OF THE TRUE RELIGION AF GOD? CHECK LIST:USA IN IRAQ,ISREAL AND PALASTINE,HAMAS,SYRIA.IRAN,SOMALIA AFGHANISTAN,EVERYWHERE.
WHY WONT MUSLIMS TAKE UP ARMS,WE CANT ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE ANIMALS,OURS IS NOT A RELIGION OF TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK.
CHECK ANY CONFLICT ZONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WERE THE INITIAL AGRESSORS,
FRIENDS? PLEASE WHATEVER,I DONT REALLY CARE AND DO NOT WANT TO BE,MY LIFE IS IS IN GODS HANDS, IM NOT AFRAID OF NOBODY.

ISLAM IS THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION. WE WILL ALL SEE ON THE DAY OF RECOMPENSE!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by malamne(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2006
can any Christain show me anywhere anytime a muslim denigrated Jesus(AS) or any Prophet of Allah? why dont you ask yourself that.Anybody that goes as far as saying bad things about other peoples religious symbols is not a true follower of whaever religion they profess to.
The Big question is still WHY ARE THE CHRISTAINS AFRAID OF ISLAM?
We let you be why not let us.
Do you expect to come into my home ,abuse me and my ancestors,violate me, rubbish my faith and expect me to laugh and thank you, because i do not want to be called a terrorist?.That is sheer madness,call me a terrorist,chase me away from my land, kill me, whatever
GOD IS GOING TO JUDGE BETWEEN US. Like i said i aint afraid of no one,MY LIFE IS IN GODS HANDS.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2006
david,I trust that you'll give mallam sarkin mango a befitting response
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Babyosisi
thank you my sister.

malamne:

wELL IT IS THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE FROM CHRISTAINS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT MAKES US TAKE THEM AS ENEMIES.
No sir! What attitude did we exhibit to deserve to be refered to as Apes and infidels in your (un)holy quran and to be fit to have our hands cut off, chased, murdered and our possessions plundered in the name of Allah?

malamne:

WHY DOES THE CHRISTAIN WORLD NOT LEAVE US ALONE? ARE THEY AFRAID OF THE TRUE RELIGION AF GOD? CHECK LIST:USA IN IRAQ,ISREAL AND PALASTINE,HAMAS,SYRIA.IRAN,SOMALIA AFGHANISTAN,EVERYWHERE.
WHY WONT MUSLIMS TAKE UP ARMS,WE CANT ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE ANIMALS,OURS IS NOT A RELIGION OF TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK.
CHECK ANY CONFLICT ZONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WERE THE INITIAL AGRESSORS,
The initial aggressors sir from time immemorial have been those who chose to "spread their religion" by the sword! Let us not go too far mallam, rather than hyperventilating over christian "aggression" in Iraq and Palestine, why dont we look at your own backyard there in Sokoto! Can you boldly tell us why christians are now endangered species there too? What sort of "aggression are you defending in your caliphate? Why are muslims "taking up arms" against christians in the north? Who slaughtered you like animals in Sokoto? Without religious bias sir, even a 4yr old is well aware that ANYWHERE in the world, the muslim is the initial belligerent aggressor!

malamne:

FRIENDS? PLEASE WHATEVER,I DONT REALLY CARE AND DO NOT WANT TO BE,MY LIFE IS IS IN GODS HANDS, IM NOT AFRAID OF NOBODY.

No one is arguing that your life is not in 'god's' hands, the question is WHICH GOD?

malamne:

can any Christain show me anywhere anytime a muslim denigrated Jesus(AS) or any Prophet of Allah? why don't you ask yourself that.Anybody that goes as far as saying bad things about other peoples religious symbols is not a true follower of whaever religion they profess to.
Do you expect to come into my home ,abuse me and my ancestors,violate me, rubbish my faith and expect me to laugh and thank you, because i do not want to be called a terrorist?.That is sheer madness,call me a terrorist,chase me away from my land, kill me, whatever
GOD IS GOING TO JUDGE BETWEEN US. Like i said i aint afraid of no one,MY LIFE IS IN GODS HANDS.

Sir! The first thing i observed on your posts was your location, Sokoto state! I laugh in derision! I look at uneducated cattle rearers up north who have ruined every chance of Nigeria being a great nation, those who have used religion as a political tool to harrass others and force their intellectually bereft oppinions on our landscape.
You ask why christians are afraid of Islam, if you really are sincere you'd start by asking those christians who live in constant fear of death in your backyard in Sokoto! Indeed not all muslims are terrorists BUT ALL terrorists are muslims, that alone speaks volumes of your character and that of the charlatan you claim as your "prophet". No religion has been more maligned than christianity and yet we have not gone round killing muslims in the name of Jesus.
What "bad" things are people talking about here? Does it sound logical to you that christians in Kano e.t.c paid the ultimate price for the cartoons drawn by a European in faraway Denmark? Yes you do not "denigrate" Jesus you claim, but you do more than denigrate him when you lower his status to no better than that quraish bandit as just another "prophet"!

When you talk of those who violate others, you might want to do a self check before spilling forth so much vituperation, muslims are guilty of this! You pander on about the US and Iraq, perhaps if your idiotic brethren had chosen not to commit that infernal mass murder on the 11th of Sept, we'd not be here today. What of the Libyans, Syrians, Palestinians, Iranians even Nigerians who have sworn to completely wipe out Isreal? So the way to turn the other cheek would be for jews to fold their hands and watch you over run them?

Sir mallam, there are more questions for you to answer in your quran. No genuine christian is interested in being friends with a muslim, we do not gain anything from it but for the fact that we are taught to love our neighbors! I lived in Yola for 10months, for the first time in my entire life i knew what it was to live from friday to friday!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Aggressa(m): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2006
@Babyosisi,
Believe me, that was a brilliant, long (,,,,pheww undecided), but very true 'Top 10 reasons why islam is not peace' you posted.

@Davidylan
However, the potrayal by this Malam from Kano or is it Sokoto that Muslim are victims is very laughable. Do I sense a hint of 'leave us alone' in his posting? I am very happy; that is what confronting fundamentalism head on will always do. The world has been intimidated for long enough by these guys and enough is enough. We can NOT allow some people to just take away our peace and freedom that was fought for with blood.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2006
yes dear,when I read that piece,I figured it was worth posting on nairaland.

Check out the accompanying quiz,what are your answers.

Islam is: A) A religion of peace B) A religion of rest in peace C) A religion that leaves you in pieces or D) A religion that wants a piece of what you have now--the rest later?

my answer is B to the "infidels" and C to the Mohammedans
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by ishmael(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2006
who is this mallam sef?? The guy was asking why christians were always afraid of muslims?? Why we no go fear muslims? when all you people think about is violence and blood shedding.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2006
He must have recently crawled out of a cave in the North of Naija or perhaps back from his his 4th and extended honeymoon with wife number 4 saffiyyah barkin mangocheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2006
malamne:

Dear mallamne,
the attitude of "we are the victims" that muslims quickly resort to in the face of slight criticism is laughable and down right hypocritical!
Can you convincingly mention anywhere in the world where muslims are victimised? Do you intend to convey to me that terrorists are only reactiing to being victimised? By who? Kenyans, Spaniards, Americans, Nigerians, Chadians, Sudanese, e.t.c?

Most "moderate" muslims like you are quick to tie the Isreali-Palestinian crisis as the reason for the sudden upsurge in terrorism, i wonder why Jews are not bombing Yemen, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Dubai, Syria and Iran! Perhaps hezballah ball bearing katyusha rockets are not doing enough damage yet!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2006
malamne:

wELL IT IS THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE FROM CHRISTAINS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT MAKES US TAKE THEM AS ENEMIES. WHY DOES THE CHRISTAIN WORLD NOT LEAVE US ALONE? ARE THEY AFRAID OF THE TRUE RELIGION AF GOD? CHECK LIST:USA IN IRAQ,ISREAL AND PALASTINE,HAMAS,SYRIA.IRAN,SOMALIA AFGHANISTAN,EVERYWHERE.

I'm sure if you asked Jack Straw, he's response would probably to ask "why dont niqab-loving "home grown" arabs just leave the west alone?"
Who is attacking Somalia?
Hamas, a terrorist organisation?
Who is attacking Iran?
Where in Afghanistan was that bearded terrorist younger brother of Mohammed plotting suicide bombings of innocent Kenyans?
Syria? Those "infidels" who openly aid and abet hizballah and for 26 yrs illegally occupied an independent Lebanese state?
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2006
malamne:

Reason: [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1921298,00.html]Plot to hit UK with dirty bomb and exploding limos [/url]
Friday October 13, 2006
The Guardian
A British Muslim yesterday admitted plotting mass murder through a series of terrorist outrages in the UK and the US that were "designed to kill as many innocent people as possible".
In one of the few major successes for anti-terrorist investigators since September 11, Dhiran Barot, 34, also admitted planning to use a radioactive dirty bomb in the UK that would have caused "injury, fear, terror and chaos", a court heard.

malamne:

Sure you let us be! With bomb threats and days of anger hanging over our heads, how better can you let us be!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Aggressa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2006
@Davidylan,
Yes o! na wa, we woke up yesterday to that gory news again. You know, I will respect a muslim fundamentalist who carry his/her load and goes to Iraq or the hills of Afghanistan to fight against perceived enemies; than these lazy, virgin-chasing, imbeciles who will rather kill innocent peoples. Unfortunately, the latter option appeals more to them because that is the commandment of their leading terrorist of a prophet; and the option of "wide-eyes virgins with large bossoms in jannat" shocked shocked is rather enticing to a looser on earth, isn't it?

@Babyosisi,
My answer is E: A religion of piss!!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2006
All these Satanic terrorists are not real Muslims.
They are actually demons in the masquerade of Islam.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Seun(m): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2006
Murderers will always look for an excuse for their criminal behaviour - religion, ethnicity, poverty - forgetting that they are not the only ones who are muslims or Niger Deltans or poor.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2006
ajebo:

Murderers will always look for an excuse for their criminal behaviour - religion, ethnicity, poverty - forgetting that they are not the only ones who are muslims or Niger Deltans or poor.

Ajebo,
You have said it all in one sentence.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by belloti(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2006
Hey guys, We can understand your frustration. Its quite obvious that we all dont like the violence. We all love peace. Please lets work towards it. The solution is global justice. can we sincerely justify the invasion and massacre of iraqis just to catch a "rat in a hole".? Can we justify the frequent swoop on innocent palestinians by IDF killing at will the hopeless kids? Can we say with all sincerity that the muslim world is fairly treated?. I believe every muslim wants to live his life to the fullest, nobody need to blow himself inorder to be heard. Why cant we stop all the hypocrisy in global politics?. please let everyone be
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2006
belloti:

Hey guys, We can understand your frustration. Its quite obvious that we all don't like the violence. We all love peace. Please lets work towards it.

Is this really true? Are you sure the Ayatollahs in Iran and Pakistan truly love peace? Do the almajiris in the north truly love peace?

belloti:

The solution is global justice. can we sincerely justify the invasion and massacre of iraqis just to catch a "rat in a hole".?

If any one is massacaring Iraqis, it is the Iraqis themselves who seem to indulge in killing those from the opposing sect! Unfortunately, George Bush and his band of soldiers only happened to precipitate a smoldering crisis that had been festering for ages!!! When Saddam massacred his fellow kurds where was this muslim world?

belloti:

Can we justify the frequent swoop on innocent palestinians by IDF killing at will the hopeless kids?

Are these palestinians really "innocent"? Do you mean to insinuate that the IDF seems to take joy in simply running into Palestine to kill "innocent" children? Are you sure these "children" are not merely human shields for those who have sworn to drive the Jews into the sea? What of those who hid bombs in a baby's bottle of fomular?

belloti:

Can we say with all sincerity that the muslim world is fairly treated?. I believe every muslim wants to live his life to the fullest, nobody need to blow himself inorder to be heard. Why can't we stop all the hypocrisy in global politics?. please let everyone be [/b]

Who are those "unfairly treating" the muslim world? Are we not witnesses to the penchant for muslims to justify every percieved criticism with knee-jerk violence and threats to murder innocent civilians? In what way is the muslim world unfairly treated? Is anyone deporting muslims from western countries? Has anyone shot innocent muslim terrorists in Rome accusing them of roaming around christian lands in the name of Jesus? Have Jews been accused of bombing trains in Saudi Arabia or hijacking Iranian airliners? Have we ever seen people burning flags of muslim nations and throwing stones at their embassies? Have you ever seen anyone chanting "death to Iran"? When did christians in Lagos leave church and suddenly start killing muslims?
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by biyibabe(f): 3:54am On Oct 17, 2006
I dont see anything wrong with it cus i have a lot of christians friends both at school and home and we communicate very well without any religion barrier. cool shocked
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by ishmael(m): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2006
Orikinla:

All these Satanic terrorists are not real Muslims.
They are actually demons in the masquerade of Islam.

They are the[b] real[/b], true and faithful muslims!!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2006
I have already answered the questions on the falsehood in Islam that has made me to reject it. But that does not make me to attack Muslims as they attack us and other innocent people.

Here is an extract from my Unveil Me My Love.

[b]“Babbi, Islamic scholars said Aisha bint Talha was actually the niece of Aisha bint Abu Bakr. She was the grand daughter of the first Caliph Abu Bakr. And she was the one that the narrator of Unveil Me My Love met with and not Aisha the wife of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). And there was no record of any Rekiyyah among the daughters of the first Caliph Abu Bakr (ra),” said Fatima.
“Of course, this is the reason why the debate on this manuscript is good. There are so many things that most Muslims are ignorant of. And the worst form of ignorance is to be ignorant of the truth. And we Christians believe that there are many distortions of the truth in Islam. The Qur'an says Ishmael was the son that Abraham wanted to sacrifice to God. But the Holy Bible said it was Isaac. The worst distortion was on the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ which the Qur'an lied about,” I said.
Fatima just shook her head and sighed.

The Al-Sharq Al-Awsat wanted me to permit them to publish the Arabic version of the story. I said that would depend on the outcome of my discussion with the publisher we have accepted to publish it to confirm the copyrights for the translations.

But for security reasons, I became incommunicado and preferred to stay somewhere in Norway whilst my publishers and publicists did their best to diffuse the religious tension over the publication of Unveil Me, My Love.[/b]

It is already available from $1 on Lulu.com
See http://scarlettearsoflondon..com for the details.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by lafile(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2006
belloti:

Hey guys, We can understand your frustration. Its quite obvious that we all don't like the violence. We all love peace. Please lets work towards it. The solution is global justice. can we sincerely justify the invasion and massacre of iraqis just to catch a "rat in a hole".? Can we justify the frequent swoop on innocent palestinians by IDF killing at will the hopeless kids? Can we say with all sincerity that the muslim world is fairly treated?. I believe every muslim wants to live his life to the fullest, nobody need to blow himself inorder to be heard. Why can't we stop all the hypocrisy in global politics?. please let everyone be

last time i checked it was sunni muslims killing shiite muslims in iraq.

muslims are just generally violent. every reaction is violent. some muslims who did not even see the mohammed cartoons just started killing people in kano. if ANY muslim can satisfactorily explain the killing of people in Kano in 2006 because of cartoons done in Denmark hundreds of miles away in 2005 for me, i go convert [beans?]
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2006
lafile:

last time i checked it was sunni muslims killing shiite muslims in iraq.

muslims are just generally violent. every reaction is violent. some muslims who did not even see the mohammed cartoons just started killing people in kano. if ANY muslim can satisfactorily explain the killing of people in Kano in 2006 because of cartoons done in Denmark hundreds of miles away in 2005 for me, i go convert [beans?]

It is actually nemesis and their crisis will continue until they repent.

An Islamic scholar said they have been cursed since they actually murdered one of their Imams whilst he was praying after the death of their prophet. And he cursed them that their bloodshed would not end until resurrection day.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Wumine(f): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2006
No, they cant be. am a living proof of that. the day there is a crisis, the muslim target his christiian friend first like the kano killings. i dont think its even worth being friends with muslims especially the northerners cos they think like cows!their brain is not fully developed and dont think it can ever be!

@orikinla grin grin grin grin grin grin u r funny!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Chxta(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2006
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by feelgood(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2006
Quote from Orikinla: I have a Moslem babe and I love to see her in her hijab and abaya.
And her popsie is an Imam and the old man likes me a lot. Moreover I even sell hijab and abaya online and offline http://www.2hijab.com/default.asp?PARTNER=111777

Dear Orikinla, I don't understand your post as quoted above - Do you mean you have a girlfriend/lover? Do forgive this old time religion christian,
but I was wondering whether you mean't what you posted. No, I'm not interested in the religious profession of the lady but that A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT INDULGE IN BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND/LOVER STUFF.

Perhaps it is a modern slang (ie 'babe') that means a friend, but not a lover. Oldies like me sure find it difficult at times to interpret you young uns
'grammar' - but sure would be grateful to know your real meaning.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by olabowale(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Lafile: Unfortunately, most mslims are not truly practicing Islam. The majority inlace their culture with Islamic culture. The Islamic culture stands on its own and different from 'arab' culture. Muslims are not to be so emotional that they are bent out of shape, loose them ability to think unemotionally but logically. Islam emphasises preservation of life, human and animals. Muslims are not allowed to kill for sport except to eat and must show mercy to the animal. Muslims are not allowed to cut trees in a process to creat disadvantage in life of rivals. How the muslims after the passing away of the last prophet (AS) and his companions and the subsequent 2 generations that immediately followed is something we gravel with in Islam. However one will see this new condition of the muslims from the fulfillment of adith of the Prophet (AS). He said the muslims will divide into 73 sect. But the true sect is the one that practices Islam in the way of the Prophet and his companions and the 2 following generations. There are many other adiths as well. But all of these societal ills amongst the muslims around the world, is not preclude any right thinking person to choose any religion other than Islam. In the Qur'an Allah the Almighty said in Suratul Almaidah that Islam is perfected on Muhammad as the last prophet and any who comes in the day of Judgement with any other that is different from Islam, it will not be accepted and that one is a loser.

I hope this write up will be a beginning of guidane to those who have heart.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Aggressa(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2006
olabowale:

@Lafile:
(1) Unfortunately, most muslims are not truly practicing Islam. The majority inlace their culture with Islamic culture. The Islamic culture stands on its own and different from 'arab' culture. muslims are not to be so emotional that they are bent out of shape, loose them ability to think unemotionally but logically.

(2) Islam emphasises preservation of life, human and animals. Muslims are not allowed to kill for sport except to eat and must show mercy to the animal.

(3) But the true sect is the one that practices Islam in the way of the Prophet and his companions and the 2 following generations.

(4) But all of these societal ills amongst the muslims around the world, is not preclude any right thinking person to choose any religion other than Islam.

(5) I hope this write up will be a beginning of guidane to those who have heart.

@Ola and all,
I have itemised your write-up to aid understanding and help in critique of your submission. If this is the concept of "soul winning" in Islam, you've done a great diservice to muhammed and the ummah.
Response to 1: You started off with a ridiculous claim as if the irrational and thoughtless behaviours that has come to characterise Islam is a prerogstive of the 'Arab' muslims alone. No! What about muslims in Sudan, in Northern Nigeria, in the UK, in Somalia, in Turkey etc with all the maiming, killings, looting, calls for beheading, intolerance of criticism all carried out in the name of allah and according to his murderous prophet-muhammed? If you check, you will know that the common denominator to all these individuals is that they are all muslims but of different cultures. So is it still sensible or logical to ascribe their irrational behavious and tendencies to their culture or rather correctly to the ideology of Islam that permits and encourages such unholy and irrational tendencies in the name of your allah? Let's reason this out a little!!!
Response to 2: Probably, Islam emphasises the preservation of animal lifes more than human life is what you are saying. Because a religion where the prophet encourages his followers to "lay in wait for the unbelievers/infidels, break their necks, behead them, etc as it you have in various surats from the unholy quran, probably puts more sanctity on showing "mercy" to animals than "human beings" who do not share your faith or belief. Is it just coincidental that nations that base their constitution on the Quranic teachings and hadiths e.g Iran, former Afghanistan, Jordan etc are the same countries where human life is least respected and political freedom is least, especially for women who are more of a possession rathen than human being. How can human life be preseverved with maiming, hangings, stoning all in the name of you allah as punishment for criminals. Or is that still their 'culture'. Zamfara state and Somalia are not Arab countries, so think deep again. Why are Islamic theocracys' like Iran and Syria supporting Hezbollah to bring down a democratic government in Lebanon? Because success of democracy over there is a defeat for the Islamic and oppresive ideology that characteris Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Somalia, etc
Response to 3: If the true sect is the one that practice Islam like muhammed, then we should be thanking God that "most muslims are not truly practicing Islam". What is that good thing to practice like a well recognised hedonistic and sexually-perveted prophet, who led a band of bandits on raiding, killing, maiming spree to fund and spread his ideology which he recieved part of it in a cave, while probably hallucinating? I really share the dismay of that 14th century Emperor quoted by Pope Benedict when he said "show me that thing muhammed/Islam brought to the world other than violence and wickedness" if I can paraphrase it.
Response to 4: Does this not put a strain on apostolic logic to you? You agree and we can also see the "societal ills that characterised the muslim/Islamic world"; and you still say right-thinking persons should be muslims. That can only make sense to only one 'right-thinking' person indeed--name withheld!!! "By their fruits, we shall know them" is a common saying, if we look at the fruits of muhammed and his ideology of Islam, the truly right-thinking persons should flee from it as fast as possible because it is evil indeed.
Response to 5: Indeed your right-up is the beginning of guidance to those who are yet to understand Islam for what it is (both muslims and non-muslims alike) to truly seek understanding and the light of living God through Christ.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Coco29(f): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2006
i would say yes, i have several muslim friends and we all understand each others  religion, i respect my muslim friends and their believes and they mine.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2006
olabowale:

@Lafile: Unfortunately, most mslims are not truly practicing Islam. The majority inlace their culture with Islamic culture. The Islamic culture stands on its own and different from 'arab' culture. Muslims are not to be so emotional that they are bent out of shape, loose them ability to think unemotionally but logically. Islam emphasises preservation of life, human and animals. Muslims are not allowed to kill for sport except to eat and must show mercy to the animal. Muslims are not allowed to cut trees in a process to creat disadvantage in life of rivals. How the muslims after the passing away of the last prophet (AS) and his companions and the subsequent 2 generations that immediately followed is something we gravel with in Islam. However one will see this new condition of the muslims from the fulfillment of adith of the Prophet (AS). He said the muslims will divide into 73 sect. But the true sect is the one that practices Islam in the way of the Prophet and his companions and the 2 following generations. There are many other adiths as well. But all of these societal ills amongst the muslims around the world, is not preclude any right thinking person to choose any religion other than Islam. In the Qur'an Allah the Almighty said in Suratul Almaidah that Islam is perfected on Muhammad as the last prophet and any who comes in the day of Judgement with any other that is different from Islam, it will not be accepted and that one is a loser.

I hope this write up will be a beginning of guidane to those who have heart.

After reading through this unintelligible stew of tedious logic, i decided to help you complete you last statement;

I hope this write up will be a beginning of guidance to those who have heart to understand that Islam is a fraud predicated on the perverse and immoral lifestyle of a 12th century maurading bandit!
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by Orikinla(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2006
feelgood:

Quote from Orikinla: I have a Moslem babe and I love to see her in her hijab and abaya.
And her popsie is an Imam and the old man likes me a lot. Moreover I even sell hijab and abaya online and offline http://www.2hijab.com/default.asp?PARTNER=111777

Dear Orikinla, I don't understand your post as quoted above - Do you mean you have a girlfriend/lover? Do forgive this old time religion christian,
but I was wondering whether you mean't what you posted. No, I'm not interested in the religious profession of the lady but that A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT INDULGE IN BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND/LOVER STUFF.

Perhaps it is a modern slang (ie 'babe') that means a friend, but not a lover. Oldies like me sure find it difficult at times to interpret you young uns
'grammar' - but sure would be grateful to know your real meaning.

Feelgood,
I am older than most members of Nairaland.
But I believe that age is just a number.
Achebe wrote his best novels when he was under 30.
The future of Nigeria lies in the hands of the younger generation.

I did not sleep with any of the Muslim babes of ladies.

The fact is I have worked for employers who were Muslims and I travelled to the North and South of Nigeria to do my work. And I did my best without acrimony. And they prospered more whilst I worked for them. But when I left, their ventures collapsed. Then their fellow Muslims said I was God sent. And I never violated their daughters. I did not even touch them. Their daughters even used me as an excuse to go out, because simply telling their parents that they were going to visit me was enough for their parents to let them go.
But, I always defended my Christianity.

One of them from Ede in Osun State is now a believer since he gave me a prayer request and God answered the prayer and solved his problems that the Qu'ran couldn't solve.

Muslims need to really sit down and be reasonable.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was meant to preach the gospel of the Good News as he received it from his in-law who was a Christian and was one of the first people to translate the gospel of Jesus Christ to Arabic. But Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) decided to use the message for his political ambitions.

How can a true prophet of God sleep with a girl of 9 Aisha and she recorded that she was in pains. And Aisha never had any issue. Why?
I suspect that Aisha could have suffered from VVF caused by early sex.
Imagine a 54 years old man fxxking a 9 year old girl.
And you accept to follow him?

If you find a old man of 54 having sex with your 9 years old daughter, what would do to this wicked old rapist?

Sleeping with any underage girl is RAPE.
Whether it was done in prehistoric time or today, RAPE is RAPE.
Poor Aisha was raped.

Most people still don't know the rationale of Unveil Me My Love.

We must unveil them to see the way, the truth and the life in Jesus Christ.

My hero left Mecca and Islam and became born again at the end of the story.

May God help my Muslim friends to see the light of truth that will set them free from the falsehood of their religion.

If you love your friend, you must tell him or her the truth.
No matter how bitter.
Only the truth can set us free from the damnation of the AntiChrist.

Imagine Muslims using their children and wives as human shield in exchange of gunfire with Israelis and Americans in the Axis of Evil.
Re: Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! by feelgood(m): 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2006
@ Orikinla
Point noted. Remain blessed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Pastor In Nigeria? / OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School / Download Mfm Power Must Change Hands Messages (2009) By Dr. D. K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.