Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,161 members, 7,916,396 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4625738 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (3729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:40pm On May 29
Available and affordable

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:53pm On May 29
Toaskido:
Please who can give an estimate of how much it would cost to roof a two bedroom apartment right now, location is Ibadan.
And what type of roofing immaterial will you advise?
Thank you.

Perhaps 3m should do... Any roofing sheet of your choose (Gerrard or longspan)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 11:53pm On May 29
sekzy99:
Evening all.

Planning to resume my project

I need a rough estimate to get the following done.

1. Electrical Wiring (Considering going off grid in the next 5 years)
2. Plumbering system

Note:
1. It’s a 4 bedroom with 4 baths
2. Location is Mowe, Ogun State.
3. This estimate is to help me know how much I need to have at hand before I call on electrician and plumber.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:53am On May 30
Muyesky:
Lasercut burglary steel doors available...

This is nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:48am On May 30
Your fence will never remain the same with this type of fence rail

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:35am On May 30
What is the price of a 15ton Stone dust and sharp sand now?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:23am On May 30
DISCOUNTED PRICES!!!

- SMS mppt 12-48v 40a ..... 120k
- SMS mppt 12-48v 60a ..... 150k
- SMS mppt 12-48v 100a ... 220k
- SMS 6.2kva 48v (220a combined max charging current) .... 600k
- Cworth 5kwh 24v lithium battery ..... 1.050m
- Afripower 1kva 12v transformer based inverter... 165k

Standard product warranty applies.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sitowildbe1976: 10:37am On May 30
When it comes to conducting business, accuracy and precision are crucial. In order to ensure fairness in transactions and maintain quality control, commercial scales are an essential tool for any business.

In order to ensure fairness in transactions and maintain quality control, commercial scales are an essential tool for any business. There are several varieties, including bench scales, floor scales, and counting scales.

There are several varieties, including bench scales, floor scales, and counting scales. It's important to assess your business needs and choose a scale that best fits those requirements.

One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a commercial scale is accuracy.

It's important to assess your business needs and choose a scale that best fits those requirements.

One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a commercial scale is accuracy. To ensure accuracy, it's important to invest in a high-quality scale from a reputable brand.

To ensure accuracy, it's important to invest in a high-quality scale from a reputable brand. It's essential to choose a scale that can handle the weight of your products without compromising accuracy.

It's essential to choose a scale that can handle the weight of your products without compromising accuracy. On the other hand, those dealing with smaller items may benefit from a bench scale or counting scale.

In addition to accuracy and capacity, it's also important to consider the features of the commercial scale.

On the other hand, those dealing with smaller items may benefit from a bench scale or counting scale.

In addition to accuracy and capacity, it's also important to consider the features of the commercial scale. These features can greatly improve efficiency and productivity in your business.

These features can greatly improve efficiency and productivity in your business. This includes warranty, maintenance, and customer service. They ensure accuracy and fairness in transactions, as well as quality control. Visit today to browse through a wide selection of high-quality commercial scales and make your purchase with confidence.

They ensure accuracy and fairness in transactions, as well as quality control. Visit today to browse through a wide selection of high-quality commercial scales and make your purchase with confidence.

Visit today to browse through a wide selection of high-quality commercial scales and make your purchase with confidence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Billions123: 12:31pm On May 30
Please bosses, help me arrange these in the order they should happen

1. Tiling
2. Doors
3. POP ceiling
4. Fittings (closets, wardrobes, cabinets)
5. Wiring
6. Screeding
7. Painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:59pm On May 30
Billions123:

1. Tiling
2. Doors
3. POP ceiling
5. Wiring
6. Screeding
7. Painting

Pop
Tiling
Doors
Wiring (normally wiring suppose to come before pop! But the fear of cable theft.. unless your site is safe.
Screeding
Fittings
Painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:53pm On May 30
Billions123:

1. Tiling
2. Doors
3. POP ceiling
5. Wiring
6. Screeding
7. Painting
we are available for your pop sir, try us you wil never regret you did. We are very much affordable thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 2:39pm On May 30
twinskenny:

Pop
Tiling
Doors
Wiring (normally wiring suppose to come before pop! But the fear of cable theft.. unless your site is safe.
Screeding
Fittings
Painting

If you do Screeding after tiling, won't the Screeding cement spoil the tiles? Well done Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 2:45pm On May 30
Godisgreatest1:

If you do Screeding after tiling, won't the Screeding cement spoil the tiles? Well done Sir.

A good screeder won’t spill the content on the floor.. or better still he can use nylon to cover up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:01pm On May 30
bolu1986:

A good screeder won’t spill the content on the floor.. or better still he can use nylon to cover up

Ok Sir, Thank you. Please will there be any consequence of fixing doors after Screeding?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:02pm On May 30
Billions123:

1. Tiling
2. Doors
3. POP ceiling
5. Wiring
6. Screeding
7. Painting
This is how I would do it:

1. Doors (especially for entrance steel doors). Advantage of doing this first is to secure the site, which can then accommodate workers and serve as store for materials.

2. Wiring - if your site is secure, doing wiring before POP is usually preferable. It's easier for the electrician and also prevents accidental damage to your POP ceiling by the electrician.

3. POP ceiling

4. Tiling

5. Screeding - some may prefer doing this before tiling, and that's still ok.

6. Painting

7. Fittings - some may prefer painting last, but I prefer fittings last to prevent paint stains on my fittings. Any dirt on the paint can be easily cleaned off esp if paint is cleanable or washable type, however paint stains on fittings can't be easily cleaned off.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:22pm On May 30
Godisgreatest1:

Ok Sir, Thank you. Please will there be any consequence of fixing doors after Screeding?
Depends on the type of doors. If you'd have to install the doors with mortar, for instance steel or aluminum doors, then it's better to fix the doors before screeding is done on the mortar dressing.

For doors that can be fixed without mortar like wooden doors, you can do them after screeding without any issues.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:37pm On May 30
Rany4all:
Depends on the type of doors. If you'd have to install the doors with mortar, for instance steel or aluminum doors, then it's better to fix the doors before screeding is done on the mortar dressing.

For doors that can be fixed without mortar like wooden doors, you can do them after screeding without any issues.

Ok Sir, for this type of door in 3 places, while the others are the 3ft type of same material but without glass. Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:37pm On May 30
Rany4all:

This is how I would do it:

1. Doors (especially for entrance steel doors). Advantage of doing this first is to secure the site, which can then accommodate workers and serve as store for materials.

2. Wiring - if your site is secure, doing wiring before POP is usually preferable. It's easier for the electrician and also prevents accidental damage to your POP ceiling by the electrician.

3. POP ceiling

4. Tiling

5. Screeding - some may prefer doing this before tiling, and that's still ok.

6. Painting

7. Fittings - some may prefer painting last, but I prefer fittings last to prevent paint stains on my fittings. Any dirt on the paint can be easily cleaned off esp if paint is cleanable or washable type, however paint stains on fittings can't be easily cleaned off.
I think Screeding B4 tiling as these screed guys are way too messy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:55pm On May 30
Ring beams for large storage tanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 4:22pm On May 30
erico2k2:

That's still ok. I made the arrangement that way because I'd prefer to have my screeding and painting done at the same time, by my painter and with screeding putty, rather than with POP or black cement. Industrial cleaning after painting will take care of any mess thereafter.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 4:24pm On May 30
kkonsults:
DISTRESS SALE

600sqm plot of land at Cerise Gardens, Osoroko, Ibeju Lekki.

It is situated in an estate opposite Dangote Jetty, free from government acquisition and with a registered survey.

Asking price: 6.5m naira

Call: 0816 989 7915
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 4:29pm On May 30
Godisgreatest1:

Ok Sir, for this type of door in 3 places, while the others are the 3ft type of same material but without glass. Thank you.
Steel doors with glass panels, right? If so, installation will be done and dressed with mortar, so screeding should come after in order to achieve smoother finish around the doors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:32pm On May 30
Rany4all:
Steel doors with glass panels, right? If so, installation will be done and dressed with mortar, so screeding should come after.

Yes, that's exactly the type of door Sir. Well noted. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:20pm On May 30
A good day to work with me, brickstakks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:25pm On May 30
erico2k2:

I will second this.

Those I have used leave the cleaning to the client.

They have never cleaned up after themselves.

It is not that easy to clean after they are done.

Tiling after eliminates the need to clean except for the little that might have smudged the walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:35pm On May 30
Aforxzy:
Ring beams for large storage tanks
what type of tank is supposed to be situated here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:39pm On May 30
UpDate on Number 1. FEMALE SCAMMER ON NAIRALAND
OMOWUNMI ALLEN OMOTAYO

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 6:47pm On May 30
Circular above ground tanks.

michlins:
what type of tank is supposed to be situated here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:12pm On May 30
Aforxzy:
Circular above ground tanks.

for oil storage?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 8:03pm On May 30
Godisgreatest1:

Yes, that's exactly the type of door Sir. Well noted. Thank you Sir.
I prefer to do screeding twice. One major and one ver minor.
I do it this way
Major screeding everywhere
Iron doors
Minor screeding around the doors only. This won’t cost me more than a bag of pop and a day job.
Then tiles.

There is nowhere they won’t stain those doors if you install them before the major screeding.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:46pm On May 30
Skydivine:

I prefer to do screeding twice. One major and one ver minor.
I do it this way
Major screeding everywhere
Iron doors
Minor screeding around the doors only. This won’t cost me more than a bag of pop and a day job.
Then tiles.

There is nowhere they won’t stain those doors if you install them before the major screeding.

This is a good idea but won't the sign show on the wall that you screeded twice especially the areas close to the door frame? Won't it leave traces?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) (3687) (3688) ... (3729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.