Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,668 members, 7,968,925 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4744128 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) (3726) (3727) (3728) ... (3762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:26pm On Jul 28
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28
Thank you for this

gbadexy:

Quality paint and allied products is my forte but I like to share whatever knowledge that can help in line with the intention for the creation of this great thread by Hajj muftau.
I have seen different manifestations of damp.
If it's as a result of water from outside wall or across toilet and bathroom wall, using water resistant paint would prevent it.
If it's from capillary action of ground water, there is little that can be done from experience. The water would find another path of little resistance to come up if one side is blocked using any means.
If the place is tiled, it can appear as blisters over 6 feet above tiles or even appear in a separate place.
As temperature rises, water turns to vapor and rises up trying to escape and it shows as bubbles that blisters as it pushes the paint cost or even parts of plaster. After a while, it would even weaken and affect the plaster there.
What I have suggested to clients in water prone area is to use paint with low binder and applied lightly in a single coat about a feet below the surface so that ground water escapes through there and it can be repainted occasionally separate from the more expensive paint of different color above it.
I saw something even better in a site I've been engaged to supply paints. They used Tyrolean at the base round the building. This can be made lower and left unpainted round the building. The ground water would escape to the surface easily without affecting the wall or paint above it.
Having outside floor that slopes away from the building and preventing water to accumulate long round the building would also help.
I supply undercoat to seal water but there effectiveness is only where it ends except the whole room would be painted with it before screeding in a building prone to severe damp.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28
debeey87:
Thank you for this

It's my pleasure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 9:37am On Jul 29
Contact us for your Waterproofing Solutions
Decks, Roof Slabs, Roof Gutters, Terrace...
Cementitious, Acrylic or Polyurethane Waterproofing

Krafom_Engineering
Have a Wonderful Week...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 10:37am On Jul 29
Beframia:

For the roofing woods estimate, this guy - Hslbroker2 used to give estimates but don't know if he's still an active NL user. Procarpenter is active and should also be able to do justice to that too.
For roofing/roofing sheets, Money121 is the household name here.
Please note that I've never done business with any of them, hence the need to still do your due diligence.
All the best.
Can I see the plan of the building and contact me through my signature before call or WhatsApp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 10:37am On Jul 29
Beframia:

For the roofing woods estimate, this guy - Hslbroker2 used to give estimates but don't know if he's still an active NL user. Procarpenter is active and should also be able to do justice to that too.
For roofing/roofing sheets, Money121 is the household name here.
Please note that I've never done business with any of them, hence the need to still do your due diligence.
All the best.
Can I see the plan of the building and contact me through my signature before call or WhatsApp..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 1:54pm On Jul 29
floshady02:
@kkonsults really tempting but these ibeju lekki Axis lands. Can one really buy with rest of mind like this? Even after doing the right checks on the land.
Well it depends on the kind of checks u are talking about here from your surveyor after picking the coordinate; btw i can show u around ibeju/lekki and pick the land that suit your taste directly from the family. I got vast of land for sale in ibeju/kekki
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29
Professionals and gurus in the house, please what’s the solution here?, I wasn’t around when this was done, My shower was screwed to the burglary bar, I still want to keep the shower design tho, From what I can see the solution is to shift the window and make it centred with the toilet but I will appreciate y’all’s inputs, Thank you 🙏

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:09pm On Jul 29
Kaybthaniels:
Professionals and gurus in the house, please what’s the solution here?, I wasn’t around when this was done, My shower was screwed to the burglary bar, I still want to keep the shower design tho, From what I can see the solution is to shift the window and make it centred with the toilet but I will appreciate y’all’s inputs, Thank you 🙏
If you shift the window, you might spoil the aesthetics of your exterior. The alignment with other windows might be out of place.
It’s not a perfect place to the sliding glass .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29
Thanks for your response, so what do you think is the solution?, leave it as it is? Change the shower design? (Which I don’t want to) but the sight of the shower being screwed to burglary really irks me, I can’t even put a curtain or a blind over the window or close the window properly, I have to go through the shower.

sonnie10:

If you shift they window, you might spoil the aesthetics of your exterior. The alignment with other windows might be out of place.
It’s not a perfect place to the sliding glass .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:15pm On Jul 29
Kaybthaniels:

Thanks for your response, so what do you think is the solution?, leave it as it is? Change the shower design? (Which I don’t want to) but the sight of the shower being screwed to burglary really irks me, I can’t even put a curtain or a blind over the window or close the window properly, I have to go through the shower.

You can check from outside and see how it’s going to look before you make any changes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29
Kaybthaniels:

All these artisans sef. They should have brought your attention to the outcome before installing.

Note, there is no perfect solution.

First, dismantled the glass partition.

If you've tiled the floor chisel out the tiles and run a course of blocks on the floor on the same line the glass partition was. So, when you install back the glass partition, it will be taller than the window.

At the top of the window, (parallel) run a 4×4 poline, the same length of the window where you can screw the glass partition instead of the window. This will leave a gap between the window and the glass partition for you to hang and run a toilet window curtain.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 8:26pm On Jul 29
Before meets After
For clean POP jobs,you can contact me on
WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:42pm On Jul 29
twinskenny:

Available but price ! 88.500 from my supplier

They bought in Onitsha for 90k already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 11:26pm On Jul 29
mufutau55:

I know you will follow up on that. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Hello friends, I found out, you can actually get a license for a pump action shotgun now! And that one is actually better! It will blow anyone away!!! (Americans) wink smiley smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29
We are active
Affordable

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29
Would you like your gate to look like this sample below

Currently making the first one as a sample for sale

Call me on 07032446904 and let's talk

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 3:01am On Jul 30
Are you having challenges with mould growth, rising damp and airline cracks in your home or office spaces?
We have the solution for you. We work with the best premium materials which comes in several stages to ensure lasting solutions.

Contact us for consultation and site inspections.
We bring walls to life.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boreholedrillin: 3:53am On Jul 30
Contact us today for your water borehole drilling, Stanchion and Geotechnical services

Call or whatsapp 08136569906

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Elvisdtiler: 9:36am On Jul 30
Good day guys..

I am a professional Tiler.. I base in calabar..
Contracts has been difficult to come by this last 3months for me and am struggling to make ends meet (actually I can't make ends meet).. If you can assist my humble self, I will really appreciate it..
Thank you.
I am using this medium to tell you all that I am available for any tiling job any where (provided transportation is made available) for outside calabar.
This my number..

You can call to verify and assist me with either a contract or any assistance.. cry
Thank you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:20am On Jul 30
sonnie10:

They bought in Onitsha for 90k already

Good deal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 2:52pm On Jul 30
Work done at ibeju lekki… I’m available for you all wood work and all kind of roofing sheet installation as well kindly contact me through my signature below call or WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 3:00pm On Jul 30
I’m Available at your service best quality material wood and roofing.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ikmontana1: 3:22pm On Jul 30
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30
Overload?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-DWCG6uvsj/?igsh=bGt6b29pNTdzM205

Bravery, he wanted to stop the damages.... almost 🤣
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30
twinskenny:
Overload?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-DWCG6uvsj/?igsh=bGt6b29pNTdzM205

Bravery, he wanted to stop the damages.... almost 🤣

Thank God no loss of life. The Galvanised pipe is not suitable for the amount of load.H-pipe or oil field pipe are highly recommended in such situations.

I'm never a fan of galvanised pipes for water tower.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:40pm On Jul 30
Currently am open to providing free building designs, drop your requests in the thread below, I will choose, full Architectural drawings will be included.
https://www.nairaland.com/6672464/building-designs-construction-services/5

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Billions123: 7:45pm On Jul 30
diordaves:

Thank God no loss of life. The Galvanised pipe is not suitable for the amount of load.H-pipe or oil field pipe are highly recommended in such situations.

I'm never a fan of galvanised pipes for water tower.
What do you prefer?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:54pm On Jul 30
We are available for your project

(1) (2) (3) ... (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) (3726) (3727) (3728) ... (3762) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), twinskenny(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.