Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,094 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men (75327 Views)

“My Girlfriend Snatched My Abroad-Based Boyfriend, Now They Are Getting Married” / Why Do Some Young Ladies Find Married Men More Attractive? / Lady Declares Fine-rich-old Men As Her Weakness, Puts Gov Akeredolu On Her List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by jabberjawz: 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Majority of d names listed are ibo ladies...but d trend cuts across all tribes.....personally i see it as an escape route from poverty....or d fear of d future for d ladies....while d old men see it as a thing of pride.....whichever way..,people should try as much to do things moderately & reasonably....d men especially...*daughters be age mates with dads wife*
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
castro316:
BROS IF THE ISSUE THEY VEX YOU, GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER. THIS TREND HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE FOR AS LONG AS MAN BEGAN. ABI YOUR BABE LEAVE YOU FOR OLD MAN? IF U ARE ANGRY GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY SO U CAN MARRY WHOMEVER U WISH. WOMAN PLENTY EVEN IF. ALL MAN TAKE TWO TWO WOMEN
GUY IF NA BAR(MONEY) YOU DEY TALK ABOUT,

ONCE YOU YOU REACH THAT STAGE, YOU NO GO EVEN SEND WOMEN. WHAT IS KITTY THAT MEN STRIVE FOR!! SO BROS CALM DOWN SMALL.
MAKE MONEY TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNITY
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by koife(m): 11:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
You remiind me of shit-tima and Adams oshit mole
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by hensben(m): 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mznaett:

Guy,,are you a friend to my "ex" cuz you lie like himtongue
So you don dey count ex, at your age. Hmm
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Macgreat(m): 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Money
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by oluwaahmed: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2015
@ Omo op no tink am, some old men straff/last pass sme awon boys. Sme of dis old men na "orimiri o tata". Anyway in chris browns voice#dis gurls ain't loyal...

1 Like

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:02am On Sep 03, 2015
All the girls mentioned by op are Igbo, what a coincidence!
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by castro316: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2015
sonofananimal:
GUY IF NA BAR(MONEY) YOU DEY TALK ABOUT,

ONCE YOU YOU REACH THAT STAGE, YOU NO GO EVEN SEND WOMEN. WHAT IS KITTY THAT MEN STRIVE FOR!! SO BROS CALM DOWN SMALL.
MAKE MONEY TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNITY

BROS MOST MEN AT THIS STAGE DONT MARRY FOR LOVE OR KITTY CAT EITHER. THEY DO IT BECOS THEY CAN DO IT- MARRYING A TROPHY WIFE. MARRY HER AND KEEP HER FOR EVERY BODY TO SEE. FOR THEIR SOCIAL GATHERINGS AND ADVENTURES BROS THATS WHAT MONEY CAN DO. IF U DOUBT ME, ASK ADAMS OSHIOMOLE.

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by misterchris(m): 1:37am On Sep 03, 2015
MsRemarkable:
The post sha long.

All I know is that the daughters of such men end up with older men too. Karma no dey do that one with anybody.
Your beauty is really remarkable
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 03, 2015
no let oshimole probe into this matter ooo
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by godson99(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Too few that I don't know of any or even heard of any...
almost no few !!! Who no like better thing?
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by godson99(m): 2:25am On Sep 03, 2015
castro316:

BROS MOST MEN AT THIS STAGE DONT MARRY FOR LOVE OR KITTY CAT EITHER. THEY DO IT BECOS THEY CAN DO IT- MARRYING A TROPHY WIFE. MARRY HER AND KEEP HER FOR EVERY BODY TO SEE. FOR THEIR SOCIAL GATHERINGS AND ADVENTURES BROS THATS WHAT MONEY CAN DO. IF U DOUBT ME, ASK ADAMS OSHIOMOLE.
well said!! The game of marriage is fraught with deceptions of diff kinds, not as it used to be in the days of our parents. People marry for varying reasons outside the threshold of the real value of marriage & love that's why u hear of dysfunctional marriages everywhere cos of the wrong decisions ppl make . Some men wear a facade likewise d women to appear in a bid to influence their spouses cos that is what is obtainable while a Lady will marry a man for fame , money, handsomeness & perhaps height...it's basically high time 4 us all to reeducate ourselves about the real thing....... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by MsRemarkable(f): 2:31am On Sep 03, 2015
misterchris:

Your beauty is really remarkable

I am made in the image and likeness of God!
kiss
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Acebar(m): 2:44am On Sep 03, 2015
in phyno's voice. .........Hiiee!!!

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by AreaFada2: 3:30am On Sep 03, 2015
MsRemarkable:
The post sha long.

All I know is that the daughters of such men end up with older men too. Karma no dey do that one with anybody.

No Karma there, if that's what the girls want. A girl's fate should be determined by her dad's deeds? Or if there were unpalatable things that my dad or your dad did secretly, that me and you should suffer for it? Before God each person carries his/her own cross. All those old testament stuff have been overtaken by Jesus' blood if you're a Christian.

We may frown upon it now, but historically marriages weren't much about love. And it served a useful purpose.

Running away from poverty is logical. If you have been peppered by hunger/poverty, you might understand why these girls do it. But it shouldn't be gold digging. If the girl goes on to carry out her role as a wife and mother conscienciously, nothing spoil.

If you had endless rows of yam in your barn 150 years ago, your chances of marrying the local beauty was much higher. That was wealth then. It's about security. Nothing new.

Most people marry for love now, but many countries have around 50% divorce and seperation rate. It shows that the so-called love is not all that.
Match-making is more common in Asia and they have much lower divorce rates.

Infidelity, both male and female is at an all-time high. Despite people chosing "love".

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by EtzAustine(m): 3:39am On Sep 03, 2015
I pity them
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by M4gunners: 4:15am On Sep 03, 2015
Unfortunately they are all our tribe (Igbo )i suggest their parents should talk to their daughter. For me this is gold ddigging thing.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by focus7: 4:36am On Sep 03, 2015
So paedophile actually began among the igbos and by record it is more rampant among them. Chei, and they always claims to be saint o.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by SexyStrawberry(f): 4:50am On Sep 03, 2015
OP, in as much as I agree with ur write up judging from what's happening of recent, but I would like to also say that everyone is not the same, just like when a girl is expected to say that not all men are the same coz she experienced one bad relationship, I am sure that when u see a girl saying such u might be the first to abuse her n say why should she test all of them, and same goes to all u guys here condemning women, sometimes the ladies prefer older men for maturity and understanding, plus they know that they don't have to run after him chasing Oda women like the younger husbands are doing, at least 95% of married young guys have mistresses and girlfriends outside, older men would not have that kind of time plus she would be the center of his attraction of which can never be guaranteed from a younger husband, and u know ladies always love to be the center of attraction in her man's life.
Abeg make I no follow u type long page, what I am trying to say is that out of a few, I've seen a couple whom the man is 25yrs older than his wife, like he was around 50 when he married her, trust me its a union of love, the man is not rich and influential as u would think, he's just a regular middle class man,so what would u say she saw in him that made her marry him if not for true love? She wouldn't even let him stay away from her for a few days, the are just like inseparable twins, mind u she's not poor o, her family is having badly, u can say she was born with a silver spoon coz she is an only child.
So my dear, everyone is not the same, some actually marry for true love.

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Kirinwa: 4:52am On Sep 03, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea I stated that too.

Ten years gap is pretty okay and to me that should be the height.

But 30-50?

What right have you to determine good and bad, right and wrong? To impose your opinions on others albeit faulty.

I see nothing wrong in it as long as the lady is 18 years and does it with her full consent.

I guess op was dumped by his girl. There are lots of girls out there op. cheer up. Jealousy is not good

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 03, 2015
You know I'm a woman that firmly believes in " earning your own damn money".

Hence I enjoy working and depending on myself.

My grandmother didn't raise no weak minded, spread your legs for payment type of woman.

No damn way. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by pamdaniel(m): 5:02am On Sep 03, 2015
its all about choice, however, in as much as ur choice leads you, there are isues behind the choice, it is very true that the ladies who go into such mariages do so on perental sugestions and insinuations. Secondly, the ladies dont want to strugle with a young guy to build up a life together they would rather prefer the already made men. case closed.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by marriedvirgin: 5:09am On Sep 03, 2015
you forget to mention Oshiomole and Iara
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by yommen: 5:22am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

It's not only on the path of the ladies tho... Young guys also marry elder women (MILF tongue). Like Nick and Mariah Carey

The example you cited here is not because of money because they both have money. Its either out of love or lust. Beside, their age difference is just about 10 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by mekonglobal(m): 5:27am On Sep 03, 2015
naijaboiy:
[b]They may come here to criticise and put down the act. But the moment any of them get this type of chance or opportunity they will also jump at it. grin

I don't want to hear anything like love. I don't see how it is possible for a woman or man to fall in love with someone 30-50 years younger or older than they are(as the various cases may be).

When i'm very old and I have a lot of money,,i don't think my major interest will be to marry a girl that is even younger than my last daughter. No,,i think that's a very big disrespect to her and my future wife if she happens to be late then.

However,,my major grouse is with the parents of those young girls(and sometimes guys). How will you give away your little daughter who still has her full life ahead of her all because of money. You know fully well that the old man will soon waste away and your daughter will become a very young widow but that seems to be the least of your problem because all you want is money and recognition in the society.

In conclusion I don't think it will stop anytime soon. It's not right but it will keep happening as long as people's material wants are as high as mount everest. undecided

[/b]
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by babadem2much(m): 5:32am On Sep 03, 2015
Truth be told, even the younger dudes are not yet ready for marriage as they always complain of joblessness and financial yawa, no be guy wey hold de marry? Am not ready to any girl if am not working or have anything that will bring food on my family's table. That is why men marry at old age, no be our fault na economy cause am.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by NICOGRAVITY: 5:37am On Sep 03, 2015
For you to get an accurate reasons why Women marry older men, please , kindly do us a favour by interviewing the Women involved in this act. The taste of the pudding is in tone eating. It's the opinion of the Women that matters, not your opinion or others.
Please, stop concluding for other.
The have a right to who they marry. It's their choice, so, stop being judgemental.
In this case, your opinion doesn't count.

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Idus4u: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Nice one. For your beautiful stamped concrete outdoor floors, call 08160388990 or visit www.facebook.com/elitecreteabuja
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by tunde1200(m): 6:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Islam does not in anyway allow this bro.

Freemanan:

Yeah... Tho ISLAMS should be exempted since their religion condone it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Know A Girl's Butt Is Fake / Sugar Mummy Story In Abuja: Man Shares His Experience (Pics) / Ladies, Which Of These Guys Do You Prefer? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.