Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,129 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men (75335 Views)

“My Girlfriend Snatched My Abroad-Based Boyfriend, Now They Are Getting Married” / Why Do Some Young Ladies Find Married Men More Attractive? / Lady Declares Fine-rich-old Men As Her Weakness, Puts Gov Akeredolu On Her List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2015
nobeku:
Don't be foooolish..Can't you brainstorm for once in your life?All these so called "virtues" seem to be good enough for tieing the knot..You are obviously not married and still reasoning like a juvenile.. Marriage is for MATURED ADULTS..Don't come here and talk nonsense..GROW UP!A lot of young one today,especially the women folk are just plain hollow and dense in their ways..Anyone with the confidence that he'll achieve his heart desire wouldn't start doing rubbish like marrying a much much older person all for money..what really is the big deal in making money..ANY WHITEWASHED FOOOL CAN MAKE MONEY..A lot of folks just don't have that orientation..Young folks just sit back and daydream of a good life..and the way out is to marry and older person that has his life juices almost spent..SACRILEGIOUS!!!

May God punish you and your entire lineage . Your father cannot be so foolish to insult me in real life least of you slowpoke . Broke ash that thought he has better opinion than people who are far better off than him in all ramifications . Never you dare try quote me again , because i don't join issues with block head like you dolt ! Product of one night stand .

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by xage(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2015
@op how old are you?
You obviously know nothing about what marriage is...

Since when is age become a factor..??

They will not marry older men,they will wait for you...so that you waste their time,make them wear ring for 15years and suddenly called it off...that's is what young pple like you do..who cannot feed themselves and expect ladies to wait till eternity..

Ladies would read your post and laugh at your lameness...

When they don't get married u blame them,when they marry for money you blame them...can you show me someone who has gotten married for poverty? Shallow you

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Orikinla(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2015
[size=18pt]1. Younger men don't respect women as much as older men.
2. Older men are wiser than younger men.
3. Older men are not in a hurry to make love to their younger wives.
4. Older men don't cheat on their wives as much as younger men.
5. Older men have more experience in addressing and resolving matters than younger men. Experience in the best teacher in life.
6. Older men make better parents to children.
7. Older men provide more confidence, insurance and assurance in romance and marriage.

Older men who are handsomer and sexier than many younger men.

1 Orikinla
2. George Clooney
3. Brad Pitt
4. Johnny Depp
5. Keanu Reeves
6. Tee Mac
7. Rev. Chris Okotie
8. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by agabaI23(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

I didn't say Christians don't. It's not just a popular practice among them.
You said moslems should exempt from your criticism because their religion allows it and I want to know if christian religion is against it why you should restrict your criticism to christians. By the way, does religion allowing it preclude the issue of age gap which you are having problems with?
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by vickydevoka(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2015
focus7:
So paedophile actually began among the igbos and by record it is more rampant among them. Chei, and they always claims to be saint o.

mumu dis one no be pedophile case. Na de love of moni by most igbo gals. beside na only yoruba pple de give without much stress or u spending 2 much. Jst buy something big for her lyk orobo Pepsi n u will bleep her for de night. I must tell u dis de cause of igbo men going to any length for moni is because of there Gals. I luv yoruba gals n de north central gals(jos. kd. banue. nasrawa) cuz de are not expensive for luv.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Joeace3000(m): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2015
KeriBaby:
LOL! The older the berry the sweeter the juice grin whatever rocks their boat! /My10kobo

Come back here and explain that first phrase wink
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by olumide81(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Yeah... Tho ISLAMS should be exempted since their religion condone it.
pls lets treat issues regarding religion with absolute sensitivity. Would i av been better written as 'tho ISLAM should be exempted since its tolerated in its doctrine' no offense intended. I am winner!
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Pque(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

It's not only on the path of the ladies tho... Young guys also marry elder women (MILF tongue). Like Nick and Mariah Carey

Nick married her because he loves her. By d way, she is successful in her carrer and also a beauty Queen. This is unlike the Nigeria scenario which is popularly motivated by poverty. In few occassion it may b love. Probably 1% to 2% of such marraiges in Nigeria.
If a guy marry an elderly lady for love reason in 9ja, the girl must be very beautiful. I have seen one, the case of an older lady, those couple were wonderfully looking, tall and great with very beautiful child (boy). The guy was even a young mechanical engineer who work with Nepa in one of d hydro stations in Nigeria. I witnessed this in my secondary sch. days.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by xage(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2015
donholy28:
After reading all this av come to one conclusion... women who marry old men are gold digging revenge bent biitches

You sound undenieably shallow just like the Op, young age is not enough excuse to admit silliness,especially when it is of this height and unfortunately, a lots of youths are in this pit

See below reasons a man or woman may get married..m

1. Godliness
2. Wealth
3. Knowledge
4. Beauty/handsomeness

Now is money included or not..show us ur own sister who got married to a man because the man is poor enough..

Shallow pple

1 Like

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Originalsly: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
On most occasions.....do the young ladies marry the ehmmm.... grandfathers out of their own free will?....or due to pressure and threats from their parents? Young ladies do go after the granddads for money...but prefer them as sugar daddies rather than husbands. My take.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by donholy28(m): 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
xage:

You sound undenieably shallow just like the Op, young age is not enough excuse to admit silliness,especially when it is of this height and unfortunately, a lots of youths are in this pit

See below reasons a man or woman may get married..m

1. Godliness
2. Wealth
3. Knowledge
4. Beauty/handsomeness

Now is money included or not..show us ur own sister who got married to a man because the man is poor enough..

Shallow pple
old men we said...learn to read
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by ladygudhead(f): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2015
Mznaett:

Guy,,are you a friend to my "ex" cuz you lie like himtongue
babe r u d other part of me? cos I av dis ex too dat I gave ILAIYA!!!
***lemme check Amigor's profile pix first ** cheesy
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by olumide81(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2015
Call me a pedophile..... 'Ba ru wa na' with my little experience on earth i may say i av tasted both wine as a man. Security is a strong factor and above all an older person tends to be possessive and experienced in guiding and making her achieve her dream as the case maybe.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Toks2008(m): 7:34am On Sep 03, 2015
As i wrote before,it is quite unfortunate that the Nigerian economy has turned even many ladies who will ordinarily never ever consider putting money first before LOve have inevitably found themselves doing so and this is why many ladies hardly get married at ripe age because while they are ok getting sexual pleasure from a man who seem not to be financially buoyant to meet the need of family life,they are secretly eyeing and praying that a rich guy comes their way until they suddenly realize they have wasted their years in fantasy and i keep wondering what exactly makes a rich man.

1.Is it the fact that he has money made from ritual practices?
2.Money made from 419 or cyber crime?
3.Money made from armed robbery activities?
4.Money he never worked for but giving to him as a share of his father's properties?

I can continue to state different ways men make money that does not necessarily make them a rich guy in the real sense but ladies care less because most of them are looking for financial succor and many will say they are not ready to suffer with any man and i ask again "suffer with anyman in what way" That you are so hopeless in your life that you can not find at least something doing no matter how small?

Ok let me ask"what if as you have dreamed,you found a "rich guy" then you marry him and just with a twist of fate something happens and he goes from that rich dude to a flat broke ass? i guess you will leave abi?

You met a lady and she asks you where do you work not because she is really interested in what you do but just wanna know if you are capable of PROVIDING FOR HER and when you tel her you are still struggling GOD helps you that she picks up your call again but tell her you work in a blue chip company and she is ready to be in bed with you the next day why?poverty mentality and failed economy as well as low life hopeless parasitic nature predominant to many Nigerian ladies and i wonder what happens if that guy losses his job since that was the motivating factor.

I feel for many Nigerian ladies and i pity them because they are the most myopic and backward thinkers i have ever come across.

Most Nigerian girls are pathetic losers and i will advice every guy to consider very well before wooing that Nigerian lady because 90% of Nigerian ladies will only say Yes to you if you are rich,or they believe that you have the tendency to make it and GOD help you that you don't make it in time as they expected and they find a wealthy guy who woos them then sorry guy,its over.

I still blame it on the economy and the hopelessness of many naija babes.Out there outside this country,many and i mean most ladies of other nationalities will love you and stand by you even if you are vulcanizer but in naija,it is mostly money for hand,back for ground. What a shame.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2015
All these people shouting is cos of poverty don't know anything.

Was Bianca ojukwu from poor background?

And the other ladies mentioned there are all from rich families.

These successful old men don't actually go after poor dirty looking girls who have absolutely no career or money - c'mon give them some credit, they're not stupid!

I don't mind marrying a man 20(max) older than me, as long as he meets my requirements.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by toprealman: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

It's not only on the path of the ladies tho... Young guys also marry elder women (MILF tongue). Like Nick and Mariah Carey
THEY HAVE LONG SPLIT.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by misspicy(f): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Mznaett:
Wetin consign me?grin
[b]Am begining to love you,will you be my partner in crimecheesy

Yes CRIME, because I see it is now a crime to marry whoever we want even for whatever reason,all NL hypocrites screaming blue murder around here especially the ladies will do same if given the opportunity trust me....you all accuse people behind their backs buh praise them in their front...

an example of a junior of mine in secondary school,she was only 18,she completed sec school and immediately got married to a 52years old very wealthy widower,we all laughed at her,some insulted her buh to my suprise this same set of, people attended her elaborate wedding,she went overseas with her husband and 9 months later came home with her bouncing baby girl,this same hypocrites went to welcome her,collected the gifts she brought and were thanking her and singing how beautiful she looks,how lucky she is.

See I would rather cry in a mansion and wipe my tears with golden handkerchief than laugh in a face me I slap you one bedroom apartment.

My point is if given the opportunity,most girls would do same.
yea call me gold digger,buh I'd rather save my sef from all dis relationship brouhaha and heartbreaks

Thank you[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2015
naijaboiy:
[b]They may come here to criticise and put down the act. But the moment any of them get this type of chance or opportunity they will also jump at it. grin

I don't want to hear anything like love. I don't see how it is possible for a woman or man to fall in love with someone 30-50 years younger or older than they are(as the various cases may be).

When i'm very old and I have a lot of money,,i don't think my major interest will be to marry a girl that is even younger than my last daughter. No,,i think that's a very big disrespect to her and my future wife if she happens to be late then.

However,,my major grouse is with the parents of those young girls(and sometimes guys). How will you give away your little daughter who still has her full life ahead of her all because of money. You know fully well that the old man will soon waste away and your daughter will become a very young widow but that seems to be the least of your problem because all you want is money and recognition in the society.

In conclusion I don't think it will stop anytime soon. It's not right but it will keep happening as long as people's material wants are as high as mount everest. undecided

[/b]

While the above may be true for some, ladies have the final say in this.

Bianca's dad was richer than Ojukwu...so money may as well be scrapped out. Same thing with some other ladies in the eastern part of the country

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Toks2008(m): 7:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Joavid:
All these people shouting is cos of poverty don't know anything.

Was Bianca ojukwu from poor background?

And the other ladies mentioned there are all from rich families.

These successful old men don't actually go after poor dirty looking girls.

I don't mind marrying a man 20(max) older than me, as long as he meets my requirements.

You are probably not from Nigeria and if you are maybe a northerner, an Imo or Ijebu lady because most of the ladies from these states as far as i have observed are not to keen on a man's money as they are natural hustlers and the northerners are well groomed to be with a man for who and not what he is.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by wirinet(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2015
What is the concern of the OP? Nigerians always taking Panadol for another person's problem. Marriage is a personal decison between adults, if you like to marry younger person's it is your perogative, if you prefer older, it is also your cup of coffee. An outsider has no business worrying about it, except they are jobless.

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2015
misspicy:

[b]Am begining to love you,will you be my partner in crimecheesy

Yes CRIME, because I see it is now a crime to marry whoever we want even for whatever reason,all NL hypocrites screaming blue murder around here especially the ladies will do same if given the opportunity trust me....you all accuse people behind their backs buh praise them in their front...

an example of a junior of mine in secondary school,she was only 18,she completed sec school and immediately got married to a 52years old very wealthy widower,we all laughed at her,some insulted her buh to my suprise this same set of, people attended her elaborate wedding,she went overseas with her husband and 9 months later came home with her bouncing baby girl,this same hypocrites went to welcome her,collected the gifts she brought and were thanking her and singing how beautiful she looks,how lucky she is.

See I would rather cry in a mansion and wipe my tears with golden handkerchief than laugh in a face me I slap you one bedroom apartment.

My point is if given the opportunity,u wuld do same.
yea call me gold digger,buh I'd rather save my sef from all dis relationship brouhaha and heartbreaks

Thank you[/b]

Don't mind those pretenders.

I know a similar girl/story like yours.

Plus, there is a popular nairaland female with a similar story/marriage pattern.

1 Like

Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by menxer: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Don't try to create a scene... It could have been any tribe. Pele.

I am not, just an observation. It could have been balanced, citing cases of such that abound across the tribal divide. grin
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by ewizard1: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2015
All about the money.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by noob03saibot(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
Mimiflourish:
Quest for security.
And what does this 1 mean by quest for security?
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by gaussy(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Yeah... Tho ISLAMS should be exempted since their religion condone it.

This is what I call hypocrisy and fanaticism. Show me a Biblical verse that prohibits marriage between the young and old in both the old and new testament.
It has nothing to do religion. People who indulge in such acts do it to satisfy their own whimps and caprices.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2015
Toks2008:

You are probably not from Nigeria and if you are maybe a northerner, an Imo or Ijebu lady because most of the ladies from these states as far as i have observed are not to keen on a man's money as they are natural hustlers and the northerners are well groomed to be with a man for who and not what he is.

You can call me a Northerner but I won't make this a tribe thing.

I've had a man who's 19 years older than me and desperately wanted to marry me. He is a top executive in his company etc. But I just know am not ready for marriage because of the goals I've set for myself.

Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Toks2008(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2015
Joavid:

I've had a man who's 19 years older than me and desperately wanted to marry me. He is a top executive in his company etc. But I just know am not ready for marriage because of the goals I've set for myself.

I talk am
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nastydude(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2015
ladygudhead:

babe r u d other part of me? cos I av dis ex too dat I gave ILAIYA!!!

***lemme check Amigor's profile pix first ** cheesy
Hmm
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Toks2008(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2015
Joavid:

If i could go back in time i will go back to the early 90s when one super hot hausa lady was just all over me and i was like what do i have to offer this lady considering her beauty,class and background.

i latter discovered that her father had betrothed her to one rich guy but she just want to be with a man she wants.How dumb i was way back.

Most Hausa ladies love for real and are ready to suffer with a man and remain faithful irrespective as long as you love them and same goes for many Imo ladies as well as Ijebu,ondo/ekiti ladies above all others.My opinion.
Re: Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2015
donholy28:
After reading all this av come to one conclusion... women who marry old men are gold digging revenge bent biitches

Its all about the money, another proof dat married women and prostitutes share sometin in common, cash for love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Know A Girl's Butt Is Fake / Sugar Mummy Story In Abuja: Man Shares His Experience (Pics) / Ladies, Which Of These Guys Do You Prefer? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.