Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1352030 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BarryJones(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Please guys help.me
Am based in Ogbomosho
I got collection mail on Wednesday, & also a mail that my documents/ application have been returned by courier.
Please and please how do i contact TLS as I have not heard anything from the courier people...I dont even know which courier company they are using....time is running out....Next week monday & tuesday are public holidays& my school resumes on wednesday...i am yet to even book a flight....i want to get the visa first...pls advise me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2016
BarryJones:
Please guys help.me
Am based in Ogbomosho
I got collection mail on Wednesday, & also a mail that my documents/ application have been returned by courier.
Please and please how do i contact TLS as I have not heard anything from the courier people...I dont even know which courier company they are using....time is running out....Next week monday & tuesday are public holidays& my school resumes on wednesday...i am yet to even book a flight....i want to get the visa first...pls advise me

I believe DHL Is the courier they use. There's no means really of contacting TLS directly well none that I'm aware of. Did you pay for courier service to yours or you'll pick up from your center. If it's picking up from center. You should go there and ask if
It's
Come
Yet
As a matter of fact. Even if you asked for courier you should rush to your tls center now. And ask if ur documents are there. Like right now lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TrumpsWall: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Thanks mate smiley

Decided to go for Admin Review. I no wan dash them money again I beg grin. It sucks when you think HO actually has an updated record and brings out another.

Do you know if they stick within the 28 days?

justwise:

Only you can make that decision because you know the full details of the case. Which ever one you go for you have to be absolutely sure that the ECO made a mistake else it's going to be the same outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2016
TrumpsWall:
Thanks mate smiley

Decided to go for Admin Review. I no wan dash them money again I beg grin. It sucks when you think HO actually has an updated record and brings out another.

Do you know if they stick within the 28 days?

A lot of times yes and even less than that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TrumpsWall: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Great! I will keep you posted.

As naija dey in recession, make I go hustle small pending the outcome grin cool
justwise:

A lot of times yes and even less than that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Uzi1900:

I think you should change it to Saturday instead to be on the safe side. Cuz of holz on mon/Tuesday. Ur passport might actually touch down Naija on Thursday/Friday. So you don't waste money.
Just got the mail o...rescheduling for Thursday night so I can get a free ride to school from the airport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Uzi1900:

I think you should change it to Saturday instead to be on the safe side. Cuz of holz on mon/Tuesday. Ur passport might actually touch down Naija on Thursday/Friday. So you don't waste money.
Also, holiday doesn't affect flights, even weekends..so the passport will come to Nigeria regardless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2016
dee95:

Just got the mail o...rescheduling for Thursday night so I can get a free ride to school from the airport.

Congrats I hope I can get my own mail tomorrow lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Uzi1900:

Congrats I hope I can get my own mail tomorrow lol
U should! Might even get it before today ends. When I called they said there systems were a bit slow so hang in there smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mysteriousgirl: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for some time and I would like to thank everyone for their useful contributions. It was very helpful.

I just got my visa and i'd be heading to King's College London for my Masters in Law. If there is anyone who will also be attending King's as well, please get in touch.

I applied at the VI centre and did not pay for priority. For those who need the info, here is my timeline:

Online Application: Aug 12
Interview/Submission: Aug 16
Received at Sheffield: Aug 22
Decision Mail: Sep 5
Collection Mail: Sep 8

All the best to those who are still waiting on decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
Mysteriousgirl:
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for some time and I would like to thank everyone for their useful contributions. It was very helpful.

I just got my visa and i'd be heading to King's College London for my Masters in Law. If there is anyone who will also be attending King's as well, please get in touch.

I applied at the VI centre and did not pay for priority. For those who need the info, here is my timeline:

Online Application: Aug 12
Interview/Submission: Aug 16
Received at Sheffield: Aug 22
Decision Mail: Sep 5
Collection Mail: Sep 8

All the best to those who are still waiting on decisions.
Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carissaa(f): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
CSSPATRICK:
Does anyone know about Virgin Atlantic flight 300$ promo tickets to London?
Where?
Please send a link to the website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
carissaa:

Where?
Please send a link to the website.

Please listen to Cool FM Abj. The advert is still on. I am sure am not the only person that listened to the advert. Well I tried calling the number they give only to get a different info. Abt 1000$ with return ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Prinz15(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
All thanks to God, got my visa today. Wish others still expecting their visa a positive outcome

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Prinz15:
All thanks to God, got my visa today. Wish others still expecting their visa a positive outcome

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 6:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Prinz15:

Congratulations Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 6:31am On Sep 10, 2016
Sir Justwise, olowoB, Zaty and co, hope I am good with a one way ticket considering this 30 day vignette thing. Although the approval letter states the real duration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by akfaa: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

Please listen to Cool FM Abj. The advert is still on. I am sure am not the only person that listened to the advert. Well I tried calling the number they give only to get a different info. Abt 1000$ with return ticket.

You can get the $300 ticket from the virgin Atlantic booking site, it was a total of about 270k plus taxes in naira for a return ticket, but its only available on some selected dates due to availability. Are you travelling soon? Try 28th of September, its available on that date, but just check around your proposed travel date. The promo might be available or might not be. It runs from 1st September till 26th October.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

yeah there's a promo on till October. 279,000 naira for return ticket to London. Between now and October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dgirl63: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2016
Prinz15:

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2016
chuksbenin:
Sir Justwise, olowoB, Zaty and co, hope I am good with a one way ticket considering this 30 day vignette thing. Although the approval letter states the real duration.

Of cos you are very good with it cos you may decide not to come back after masters, like going to another country or who knows, you might get a job there in Uk and you decide to stay back.

Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Prinz15:

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Prinz15(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2016
OlowoB:

Congrats
Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Prinz15(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

Congratulations Amen
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Prinz15:
Congrats. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oieda: 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yababoy:
Thanks for this. I was able to make a token withdrawal of GBP70 at 507 to a pound today. I was constrained by the daily limit of USD100.

Please what do you mean by token withdrawal? And did you withdraw in Nigeria or outside?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
chuksbenin:

One way ticket will be expensive at the end, return is always better as you can always extend it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sesan14: 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
chuksbenin:
You should be less than 18 and legally adopted by your uncle with documents to back it up, to qualify for this. Alles gute!

If you are more than 18 what next, and what documents do you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carissaa(f): 6:46am On Sep 11, 2016
Hi guys,
So I was looking through a few documents and found this from Wakanow.

"First travelers are required, by immigrations, to have a return flight ticket, confirmed hotel/Accommodation and a minimum $ 1000 for personal travel allowance (PTA) or business travel allowance (BTA)"

I'm a first time traveler and I didn't buy a return ticket. I also won't have more than 500 pounds cash on me for safety purposes.
People who have traveled recently, is this true for the UK or only some countries. Also, Did anyone have any issues with immigration when they were leaving? I keep hearing a lot of gory stories.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:52am On Sep 11, 2016
carissaa:
Hi guys,
So I was looking through a few documents and found this from Wakanow.

"First travelers are required, by immigrations, to have a return flight ticket, confirmed hotel/Accommodation and a minimum $ 1000 for personal travel allowance (PTA) or business travel allowance (BTA)"

I'm a first time traveler and I didn't buy a return ticket. I also won't have more than 500 pounds cash on me for safety purposes.
People who have traveled recently, is this true for the UK or only some countries. Also, Did anyone have any issues with immigration when they were leaving? I keep hearing a lot of gory stories.
Thanks

That is not for UK student visa or any other UK visa in that matter.

Regarding the one way ticket thing... It's not a good idea only if you are absolutely sure that you are not coming back to your home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Just like Justwise said before, if your uncle wants to sponsor you, he should pay the money to your account and leave it for 28 days so you can print the statement. That's all.

sesan14:

If you are more than 18 what next, and what documents do you need.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2016
chuksbenin:
Seriously?

Yes, that's what I took

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.