Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,825 members, 7,872,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1352027 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 9:57am On Sep 11, 2016
Justyce:
has anybody bought pounds lately? I really wanna know because what am getting from Bdc is very high (560)

I sold Pounds for 550 on Friday so yeah, that number should be about right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carissaa(f): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2016
Will it pose a problem at immigrations? I had to pay my school fees at 495 to a Pound. So it took a baseball bat to all my plans. I had to just buy one way.
Also, is thereany other thing I should be aware of at Immigration?
Also, people that flew the Maroc 6:30 flight, did you sleep at the airport overnight?
justwise:

That is not for UK student visa or any other UK visa in that matter.

Regarding the one way ticket thing... It's not a good idea only if you are absolutely sure that you are not coming back to your home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2016
carissaa:
Will it pose a problem at immigrations?
I had to pay my school fees at 495 to a Pound. So it took a baseball bat to all my plans. I had to just buy one way.
Also, is thereany other thing I should be aware of at Immigration?
Also, people that flew the Maroc 6:30 flight, did you sleep at the airport overnight?

I don't think it will. They do stop and ask question at random sometimes or when you look nervous. Ask about your course, plans after graduation etc..basically things you should now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by notjustok00: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
hullo everyone, i am going to uni of newcastle, i am abt to apply for my tier 4 visa to resume in 2 weeks. my uncle is sponsoring me and i want to understand what they mean by 'official court document[color=#006600][/color]'. i was told an affidavit wont be accepted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Justwise do u mean to say its a problem for to book one way ticket literally or u looking at the cost of it? Cos one can decide to stay back after graduation to work and all. Considering if one have family members there.

justwise:
[b]

I don't think it will. They do stop and ask question at random sometimes or when you look nervous. Ask about your course, plans after graduation etc..basically things you should now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Please does the public holiday in Nigeria affect application that has been already received and preparing for consideration at Sheffield? I am asking this question because I found out that the TLSconnect listed 12th September as public holiday on their application portal but when searching for public holidays in the UK through google I discover that Salah is not observed.

Please can I hear from the gurus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Justwise do u mean to say its a problem for to book one way ticket literally or u looking at the cost of it? Cos one can decide to stay back after graduation to work and all. Considering if one have family members there.

Cost as well as immigration. Buying one way ticket is not a good idea especially for Msc students, undergraduate and PhD students may not have problem with that because their programme is longer.

For Msc students buying one way ticket will be costly at the end and it also exposes your immigration motive.

Return ticket is cheaper and extendable.

Staying back after graduation without a graduate job is really bad idea even if you have families in the UK who will accommodate and feed you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
CSSPATRICK:
Please does the public holiday in Nigeria affect application that has been already received and preparing for consideration at Sheffield? I am asking this question because I found out that the TLSconnect listed 12th September as public holiday on their application portal but when searching for public holidays in the UK through google I discover that Salah is not observed.

Please can I hear from the gurus.

It will not affect the processing but it may affect the delivery if it has been returned to Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
MrsDaniels:

I don't think the one way will pose problem. My ticket should be one wayand I still had no problems.
Cc: Carissaa.
But ma'am, about this stay back thing. I think they have stopped international students from applying to work after graduation and must return immediately. Abi I'm the one with wrong information?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CSSPATRICK: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
justwise:

It will not affect the processing but it may affect the delivery if it has been returned to Nigeria

Wonderful; thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
spikesC:

I sold Pounds for 550 on Friday so yeah, that number should be about right

Are you kidding me? Here in the UK or in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Of cos one would def be working. Well i feel one way ticket raising of eyebrow cud be a prob for first timers going to the Uk abi Justwise. And not for subsequent travellers. And i think one gotta pay some more money for extension of flights to a more suitable date . Anyway never extended flights before. And justwise what if ones Masters program is 21months thats approximately 2yrs plus d extra 4mnths Added to the visa, i.e extended Msc program and not the normal 1yr program would u still advice u do return ticket?@soulhighman are u in the uk already? And justwise happy sunday to you. @fizzile howfar ve u gotten ur visa? Wishing myself and everyone here the very best in our visa applications.

justwise:

Cost as well as immigration. Buying one way ticket is not a good idea especially for Msc students, undergraduate and PhD students may not have problem with that because their programme is longer.

For Msc students buying one way ticket will be costly at the end and it also exposes your immigration motive.

Return ticket is cheaper and extendable.

Staying back after graduation without a graduate job is really bad idea even if you have families in the UK who will accommodate and feed you.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thats absolutely not possible, the UK gets lots more from international students so they cant bring up such laws. So maybe guess i heard that was meant for college students or so, abeg not sure bou that. Na them sabi anything wey dem like make dem do.

soulhighman:

I don't think the one way will pose problem. My ticket should be one wayand I still had no problems.
Cc: Carissaa.
But ma'am, about this stay back thing. I think they have stopped international students from applying to work after graduation and must return immediately. Abi I'm the one with wrong information?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
soulhighman:

You can not stay back after your schooling to search for a job.
What you can do is try for skilled employment while you study.
Big companies are often looking for graduates, but you must be the best to get the best offers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Of cos one would def be working. Well i feel one way ticket raising of eyebrow cud be a prob for first timers going to the Uk abi Justwise. And not for subsequent travellers. And i think one gotta pay some more money for extension of flights to a more suitable date . Anyway never extended flights before. And justwise what if ones Masters program is 21months thats approximately 2yrs plus d extra 4mnths Added to the visa, i.e extended Msc program and not the normal 1yr program would u still advice u do return ticket?@soulhighman are u in the uk already? And justwise happy sunday to you. @fizzile howfar ve u gotten ur visa? Wishing myself and everyone here the very best in our visa applications.

Its not just for first timers, yes you pay about £150 or there about to extend the ticket for another one year or so depending on individual situation. That is far better than spending more money on another one way ticket.

Happy Sunday to you as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oghenekevwe1: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Yababoy:
Who has information about this Afrotrade people. Are they genuine and how does the process work? Urgently, need to get pounds now.

Have you been able to get pounds? If yes, How effective is their service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Good morning great people,how much must i have in naira for super priority visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Smartoes:
Good morning great people,how much must i have in naira for super priority visa?

N316,803
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2016
MrsDaniels:

Hey MrsDaniels, really been a while. Not yet but am done with d 28day count. Waiting for my CAS then do the needful. How about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2016
Firstly, you can book a one way ticket if ur duration is more than one year. The immigration officers won't bounce you because of this. As for raising eye brows, it's routine for immigration officers to single out some people and scrutinise them on their own volition. You can't question that but don't be scared as long as you have all your documents handy, especially your bank documents and the visa approval letter. Don't forget to wear your confidence shirt as this will work on ur first impression. Alles gute! And please note that some return tickets expire after 12 months if unused or unchanged.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2016
Yeah, been reading everyones comments thou, got my CAS issued on thursday, filled the visa app thing too online but wednesday unfailingly would pay for it and also priority visa fee alongside too. All the best dear!!!

fizzile:
Hey MrsDaniels, really been a while. Not yet but am done with d 28day count. Waiting for my CAS then do the needful. How about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Chuksbenin dear thats exactly my point, one way ticket shouldnt raise any issues at all with immigration officers at POE, they actually do the question thing to everyone thou they so wish as long as they gonna stamp ur passport u cant escape one or few questions from them. One way ticket with emirates is way cheaper with 245k oh than return ticket for a year duration cc my attachments. Thou its my favorite international flight thou, it cud be cheaper wt other airlines, And i guess costs of flight shouldnt be an issue cos we all know exchange rates wud def affect it anyway! Wishing everyone the very best!and successes we all wish for.

chuksbenin:
Firstly, you can book a one way ticket if ur duration is more than one year. The immigration officers won't bounce you because of this. As for raising eye brows, it's routine for immigration officers to single out some people and scrutinise them on their own volition. You can't question that but don't be scared as long as you have all your documents handy, especially your bank documents and the visa approval letter. Don't forget to wear your confidence shirt as this will work on ur first impression. Alles gute! And please note that some return tickets expire after 12 months if unused or unchanged.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2016
N 316,803,is it that cheap?i mean the visa application fee+health surcharges fee+priority fee.Please give me the latest price of everything together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dgirl63: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2016
Smartoes:
N 316,803,is it that cheap?i mean the visa application fee+health surcharges fee+priority fee.Please give me the latest price of everything together

Everything should be about 370000 depending on the card rate of the date of your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 11:27am On Sep 12, 2016
thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2016
what are the other methods of payment apart from online because my diamond bank debit cant do it for now and i need to pay on wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thyme2fly: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Smartoes:
what are the other methods of payment apart from online because my diamond bank debit cant do it for now and i need to pay on wednesday

Use Gtb card, limit of $1000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Smartoes: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
Anybody going to university ot chester?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by notjustok00: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
PLS DONT IGNORE hullo everyone, i am going to uni of newcastle, i am abt to apply for my tier 4 visa to resume in 2 weeks. my uncle is sponsoring me and i want to understand what they mean by 'official court document'. i was told an affidavit wont be accepted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
I'm afraid your uncle cannot sponsor you unless you can prove without reasonable doubt that he is your Legal Guardian.

notjustok00:
PLS DONT IGNORE hullo everyone, i am going to uni of newcastle, i am abt to apply for my tier 4 visa to resume in 2 weeks. my uncle is sponsoring me and i want to understand what they mean by 'official court document'. i was told an affidavit wont be accepted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Uzi1900: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
Got my decision mail today. Can't wait to share some good news before this weeks out. Friday I chip! Woohoo lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.