Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:50 PM

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (43477 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / APC Picks Bolaji Abdullahi As Spokesman, Timi Frank Kicks / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mikolo80: 2:51am On Sep 13, 2015
eaglechild:
I don't get it does he know anything about the state or is he going there as a stooge to perpetuate corruption?
do you need to know anything about c state to perp quarrupshin
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mikolo80: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Gboliwe:
No matter how sterling his qualities are, the choice of Audu for Kogi state is a biiiiiiiiig massssiiive set back, just like Wada.

I hope Wada on his own doesn't win the PDP ticket. With either of them, Kogi is sunk in deeper into miry clay
he will have to play by tinubus rules or be impeached. tinubu builds roads at least
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mikolo80: 2:55am On Sep 13, 2015
kristisking:
Failure awaits APC just for this silly decision.Tinubu and his boys forgot to realise Kogi is not like Lagos or a state in south west where he can impose any candidate of his choice on the people.So no any staunch supporter of APC loyalist that hails from Kogi state?This is a slap on the faces of APC supporters in Kogi State.
are you happy with wada
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Alphaoscar: 3:04am On Sep 13, 2015
Carmal90:

Stop lying...
Which state?lawmaker ko lovemaker nii..

Sorry, it was an error and not a deliberate lie. Error regretted but then Hon Faleke is not the first and won't be the last to occupy political post in 2 states at different times.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Alphaoscar: 3:09am On Sep 13, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]They have started again o o o.

Which other state was the current Kwara State governor a lawmaker?[/size]

Sorry, it was an error and not a deliberate lie. Error regretted but then Hon Faleke is not the first and won't be the last to occupy political post in 2 states at different times.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by pus33: 3:22am On Sep 13, 2015
sad
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Billygee2u: 4:42am On Sep 13, 2015
emmyrichie:
grin my question is: is the guy from Kogi st? Does he have any point in his genealogy relating to Kogi st?

Has he ever lived in the state for years?

Are there no other credible persons in the state that could be picked as his running mate?

This is getting serious. Pls I don't buy this idea.
did you forget what jagaban Tinubu can do?
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Esperooke(m): 5:21am On Sep 13, 2015
Wrong political calculation. Regardless of Faleke's quality and pedigree, he remains an imported politician as all his past political activities took place in Lagos. Definitely, the locals will see him as not being one of them irrespective of his Ekirin Ade extraction. APC sure got this wrong. This is their error 2. Error 1 is giving Audu the ticket. If PDP wins again, definitely they owe it to APC errors. As for me, though I have been supporting APC, I now beg to differ, cos I hate autocrats, I hate Audu style and attitude .
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by azimibraun: 5:39am On Sep 13, 2015
If you know Kogi and Audu very well then you know Audu almost needs no deputy to win an election. Importantly also is the fact that that Audu's emergence as APC forbear has thrown the PDP into Massive Confusion. Now the PDP don't know who best can go into the contest with Audu. A sitting governor is at the verge of losing the PDP ticket because it's clear Audu will embarrass him at the polls. The ex_ governor who milked the state dry is running helter-skelter to prevent Audu winning because he already knows he will not be escaping trial and refund of stolen funds. In the past in Kogi, all senior government functionaries paid the management and staff of their privte businesses from the Kogi purse. They had them all in the Kogi payroll. Audu is coming for Environmental Sanitation and infrastructural development. Kogi will shine again. The dirtiest Capital in Nigeria at the moment is lokoja.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by LordMecuzy(m): 5:49am On Sep 13, 2015
kristisking:
Failure awaits APC just for this silly decision.Tinubu and his boys forgot to realise Kogi is not like Lagos or a state in south west where he can impose any candidate of his choice on the people.So no any staunch supporter of APC loyalist that hails from Kogi state?This is a slap on the faces of APC supporters in Kogi State.

Don't cry more than the bereaved his ppl from
Okun area loves him plssss... You not from Okun don't cry
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by LordMecuzy(m): 5:52am On Sep 13, 2015
Esperooke:
Wrong political calculation. Regardless of Faleke's quality and pedigree, he remains an imported politician as all his past political activities took place in Lagos. Definitely, the locals will see him as not being one of them irrespective of his Ekirin Ade extraction. APC sure got this wrong. This is their error 2. Error 1 is giving Audu the ticket. If PDP wins again, definitely they owe it to APC errors. As for me, though I have been supporting APC, I now beg to differ, cos I hate autocrats, I hate Audu style and attitude .

Lol Young Man Audu has the biggest grassroot support in Kogi...He might be a criminal Yes... But his victory in APC primaries has killed PDP instantly... PDP in kogi now are scared of holding primary election
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by janco: 5:58am On Sep 13, 2015
Confused:
The man, or lawyer from Lagos, is he from Kogi State?
Or is APC saying out of over 1.5 adults resident in Kogi, that there are no persons they can represent there state as Deputy Governor?
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kristisking(m): 6:08am On Sep 13, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Don't cry more than the bereaved his ppl from
Okun area loves him plssss... You not from Okun don't cry
This is why our country will continue tobe backward.People who haven't for once rubbed minds with his people will want to be at the helm of affairs of the people.Somebody who is busy in another man's land is begged to come and lead a set of people he barely know.Must he be the one?My question still remains:Dont we have any APC loyalist in Kogi West?.Nobody doubts the fact that he is from Kogi State,Kogi West to be precise,but how frequent does he see his people to know their plights.Remember also that he will pilot the affairs of Kogi State if APC wins and not only Kogi West.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by wasiudvd(m): 6:17am On Sep 13, 2015
please can you explain what you mean by "He is a Kogi man from Okun ethnic group in Kabba area with culturally affinity to Yoruba"
wiseoneking:
He is not a lagos state indigene but a lagosians. Majority of people incharge of Lagos state are non indigenes from other south west states: Aregbe now osun governor but one time commissioner, tinubu from osun, Ambode from ondo. The igbos even forced themselves to enter lagos state and federal house of assembly courtesy of their domineering attitude and huge population not just waiting for appointments as commissioners as usual. Only about 18% of lagosians are indigenes. They are true pic of what we call "nomansland". He is a kogi man from okun ethnic group in kabba area with culturally affinity to the yorubas. He cant be a lagos indigene or else apc will loose totally.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Rotimi47: 6:28am On Sep 13, 2015
kunzaar83:
Na wa ooo, so every jack and harry can contest and win anything in lagos huh? Where are the indegines when he was contesting for reps in ikeja? Lagos has finally become no mans land... Tininbu don loose finish grin grin coolnothing for yoluba
Kogi & kwara have lots of Yoruba people that indigenous people of those states; as for Lagos, Yoruba don't discriminate so far you're born/grew up there. They even recognize you if you have lived there for along time and contributed to the development of the area you're resident.

In Lagos we have igbos, Hausas etc occupying political positions & that's why Lagos is developing at a faster rate, this model is what is obtainable in America, Europe and every civilized world as it quickens growth/development.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Rotimi47: 6:30am On Sep 13, 2015
kunzaar83:
Na wa ooo, so every jack and harry can contest and win anything in lagos huh? Where are the indegines when he was contesting for reps in ikeja? Lagos has finally become no mans land... Tininbu don loose finish grin grin coolnothing for yoluba
Kogi & kwara have lots of Yoruba people that are indigenous people of those states; as for Lagos, Yoruba don't discriminate so far you're born/grew up there. They even recognize you if you have lived there for along time and contributed to the development of the area you're resident.

In Lagos we have igbos, Hausas etc occupying political positions & that's why Lagos is developing at a faster rate, this model is what is obtainable in America, Europe and every civilized world as it quickens growth/development..
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Rotimi47: 6:32am On Sep 13, 2015
Akshow:
If igbos can be law makers in Lagos state and the wailing wailers celebrated, why is it now a crime if a Lagos man is the deputy governor in kogi state? Abi he is not a Nigerian ni
We now have an Hausa holding political office and that's what bring about unity and faster growth/development to Lagos.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by harbeebtech(m): 6:37am On Sep 13, 2015
Next cool
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Akshow: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
ass lick er you will defend it abi, did you defend igbos when oba threatened them,
Thunder faya your father left blokos. What does the obas threat has to do with this post abi it's by force to defend Igbos? Anuohia

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Nerica(m): 6:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Tinubu is gradually extending his tentacle to the north.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
Kogi & kwara have lots of Yoruba people that are indigenous people of those states; as for Lagos, Yoruba don't discriminate so far you're born/grew up there. They even recognize you if you have lived there for along time and contributed to the development of the area you're resident.

In Lagos we have igbos, Hausas etc occupying political positions & that's why Lagos is developing at a faster rate, this model is what is obtainable in America, Europe and every civilized world as it quickens growth/development..
I don't think this is the reason for development in lagos..... The only reason is all those seaports, Lagos is the 1st place to have busy seaports not only in nigeria, but almost all the countries around nigeria that are land locked, with no seaports, or do u think the development is because of anything apart from this? Hope u don't think lagos is more developed than abuja! Coz its not just...... And for people from all parts of Nigeria holding politcal offices in lagos is because they are more powerfull than the real lagotians money is power u know...
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Akanbiedu(m): 7:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Nerica:
Tinubu is gradually extending his tentacle to the north.

I hope people like Dino Melayo and Adeyem Smart are prepared. They just got another rival anytime governorship is zoned to Kogi west.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2015
If you care to listen, he is an Okun man and that's a yoruba man. A yoruba could become a governor of any Yoruba state(Lagos, Osun, Ondo, Okun, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti and Yoruba part of Kwara state just like Okun in Kogi state.

Okun people are 100% Yorubas and they have been agitating to join their kinsmen over the years. They have their radio station called Omo Okun, they are over 100% Yorubas.

With this kind of thread, the useless Igbos would make an attempt as usual and losers to capitalise on their forlorn hope of being part of Yoruba region.

A reminder and a pointer to Igbo immigrants, your Oluchi sister; the Unilag student who died couple of days ago is from Enugu state and she would be buried in his home state in the next couple of days despite the fact that she was born and brought up in in one of Yoruba states called Lagos state. Can Igbos immigrants see what i am seeing? That's a pointer right there to where you belong as an Igbo man. East is your home, you are just a mere visitor in the West
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by tonychristopher: 7:50am On Sep 13, 2015
FolarinLondon:
If you care to listen, he is an Okun man and that's a yoruba man. A yoruba could become a governor of any Yoruba state(Lagos, Osun, Ondo, Okun, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti and Yoruba part of Kwara state just like Okun in Kogi state.

Okun people are 100% Yorubas and they have been agitating to join their kinsmen over the years. They have their radio station called Omo Okun, they are over 100% Yorubas.

With this kind of thread, the useless Igbos would make an attempt as usual and losers to capitalise on their forlorn hope of being part of Yoruba region.

A reminder and a pointer to Igbo immigrants, your Oluchi sister; the Unilag student who died couple of days ago is from Enugu state and she would be buried in his home state in the next couple of days despite the fact that she was born and brought up in in one of Yoruba states called Lagos state. Can Igbos immigrants see what i am seeing? That's a pointer right there to where you belong as an Igbo man. East is your home, you are just a mere visitor in the West

For politicising and trivialising her death...I would have cursed you ...but I won't

Your a shame and scum

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by tonychristopher: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Okun and kabba people are not Yoruba and I have many okun people that won't accept the Yoruba tag

Also do you want link
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by ibedun: 8:06am On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

Okun and kabba people are not Yoruba and I have many okun people that won't accept the Yoruba tag

Also do you want link

They are not Yoruba so they are what?
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by tonychristopher: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2015
ibedun:

They are not Yoruba so they are what?

My dear I just don't know they prefer to be called kabba and okuns ...I have seen a lot in abuja and I have a link on that

The term Yoruba was recent anyway...just 19th century coinage ...anango is even older term. I think they should be respected if they say they aint Yoruba nor believe in oduduwa myth

But that's OK...you know politics can mess up people identity
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by ibedun: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

My dear I just don't know they prefer to be called kabba and okuns ...I have seen a lot in abuja and I have a link on that

The term Yoruba was recent anyway...just 19th century coinage ...anango is even older term. I think they should be respected if they say they aint Yoruba nor believe in oduduwa myth

But that's OK...you know politics can mess up people identity

Mr Man, what are they if they are not Yoruba according to you?
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by tonychristopher: 8:24am On Sep 13, 2015
ibedun:

Mr Man, what are they if they are not Yoruba according to you?

Maybe you ask them...they said they aint Yoruba and I think that should be respected ....maybe wait let me ask my okun neighbour... He will tell me why
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by aleem50(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2015
jaymichael:
You get time o. Educating those FLATIE WAILERS with FACTORY FITTED HATRED and STUPIDITY is like bathing a live porcupine. #IMPOSSIBLE.
We have to let them know what they don't maybe their mindset can't change in the nearest future#lol
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by ibedun: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

Maybe you ask them...they said they aint Yoruba and I think that should be respected ....maybe wait let me ask my okun neighbour... He will tell me why

Okay while we wait ..... you can may be help with another question,

I am sure you are Igbo ..... the question is what is your problem with Yoruba people and their territory?

I have never heard a Northerner disputing that Bukola Saraki is a Yoruba man. But ask the Igbos.

The only thing that will make the Igbos feel better is t
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by aleem50(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Which kind yorubas part of kwara state or yoruba is the major tribe of kwara state with minority fulanis in Ilorin alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of A Shiite Man And A Policeman Fighting / Journalist Beaten At Inauguration Over Report On Buhari & Nasarawa Gov / Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.