Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,735 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:58 AM

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (43440 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / APC Picks Bolaji Abdullahi As Spokesman, Timi Frank Kicks / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by CHIKADA1: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2015
mart2k:
Common sense suppose to tell you that there is no way he wil emerge as the running mate if he has no genealogy relating to d state or can u allow sombody frm another state to come and rule ur state?
Where was him b4,did he NT also rule in lagos STATE?was lagos his state,guy lockup
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by adadadon(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
stabillo:

LOL ...are you kidding me? So Kogi Central is bigger than Kogi West. Clap for yourself
You think only Yoruba occupy Kogi west?
Igala and the ogori people inhabit kogi... You really need to read up it would help you
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by adadadon(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
stabillo:

LOL ...are you kidding me? So Kogi Central is bigger than Kogi West. Clap for yourself
This okun writer even reduced the population I attributed to Okun
[url]omojuwa.com/2014/03/a-plea-for-the-creation-of-okun-state-olukoya-obafemi/[/url]
Okun people are Yoruba descendants in Kogi state. Kogi is a multi-ethnic state and Okun people are up to 20% of Kogi State population, smaller than the other two major completely different tribes, Igala and Ebira. Okun people spread across six local government areas in Kogi State, known as Kabba-Bunu, Yagba-West, Yagba-East, Mopa-Muro, Ìjùmú and Lokoja local government Areas. They speak varied dialects…Owé, Ìyàgbà, Ìjùmú, Bùnú and Oworo, but their language is generally called Okun, Okun has become a form of greeting among them.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by adadadon(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
stabillo:

The 1991 population census also gave the per cent population
figures of each zone as 18. 36 and 46 per cent respectively.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by fuckerholic(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
chocolateme:
OK but the real breaking news now is that I just broke my phone screen and that is BREAKING NEWS. sad

FTC
Chocolate cream
Hmm and Na the boy go suffer the replacement..sorry for him sha
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by chocolateme(f): 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
fuckerholic:

Hmm and Na the boy go suffer the replacement..sorry for him sha
hahahahaha
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by wiseoneking: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2015
wasiudvd:
please can you explain what you mean by "He is a Kogi man from Okun ethnic group in Kabba area with culturally affinity to Yoruba"
Yes. I have lived in the area and has gone to many of their places like egbe, isanlu, kabba, ijumu, amuru, mopa etc. They have their language which even among themselves is still not understood within the different towns in okun land like ijumu cannot understand egbe people when they speak. All of this people in kogi west are called okun people. This okun people has strong cultural affinity with yorubas in the west. They have and speak their local language but also majorly communicate in yoruba very well. Many of them are also proud to associate with yorubas and claim to be but there are some minority of them that believe that they are not yorubas but only culturally yorubas. They are very good people. Personally i know they are more of yorubas. One other tribes like ogori and mangogo in kogi state are also culturally related to yorubas but they are not yorubas. They are influenced by yoruba. I hope you understand. What do you think.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

Okun and kabba people are not Yoruba and I have many okun people that won't accept the Yoruba tag

Also do you want link

What is this one saying
I am from the yoruba part of kogi state(Ayetoro-gbede), and we(okun) are 100% yoruba.
So, don't claime to know what you have little or no knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by aleem50(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Guseh:

What is this one saying
I am from the yoruba part of kogi state(Ayetoro-gbede), and we(okun) are 100% yoruba.
Don't mind him,I don't know their problem with yoruba. Infact I have a friend that bears OJO Godwin,he is from Kogi state and he is a yoruba though their Yoruba is not that smooth.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by wasiudvd(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good ! saying Okun is not Yoruba Is like saying egba, Ijebu ijesha is not Yoruba. You said they have a language that they speak, if u you understand yoruba very well, you will know what they speak is Yoruba. just like someone speaking Ikale, egba, Ijebu, ijesha, that is how they speak Okun.
wiseoneking:
Yes. I have lived in the area and has gone to many of their places like egbe, isanlu, kabba, ijumu, amuru, mopa etc. They have their language which even among themselves is still not understood within the different towns in okun land like ijumu cannot understand egbe people when they speak. All of this people in kogi west are called okun people. This okun people has strong cultural affinity with yorubas in the west. They have and speak their local language but also majorly communicate in yoruba very well. Many of them are also proud to associate with yorubas and claim to be but there are some minority of them that believe that they are not yorubas but only culturally yorubas. They are very good people. Personally i know they are more of yorubas. One other tribes like ogori and mangogo in kogi state are also culturally related to yorubas but they are not yorubas. They are influenced by yoruba. I hope you understand. What do you think.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by tonychristopher: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Guseh:

What is this one saying

SAY ME NOT WE
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
CHIKADA1:
Where was him b4,did he NT also rule in lagos STATE?was lagos his state,guy lockup
He did not rule Lagos state, he was only given minor appointments as a resident just dsame way d current VP,Osun Gov and many others frm different states were considered for appointment in Lagos State. U shld knw hw to use ur words effectively because there is no way he wil assume d post of a Gov/ dep gov in lagos state except in his own state which is Kogi
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
emmyrichie:

If he can represent Lagos st at the federal level, why can't he do that in Kogi state.

Common sense is not actually common as it seems. You need it.
See, d reason he represents Lagos at d fed constituency is because he has stayed in Lagos all his life and since politics is a game of number, wat do u expect him to do. It is only in Lagos he has followers but, in d case of dep gov post, he was choosing not voted, even if he has no supporters in Kogi, he can stil ride on d popularity of his boss, d APC flagbearer. I op u understnd d point am trying to make
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
kunzaar83:
the biggest looser in nigeria democracy is tinibu... He thought nigeria is lagos state, where he's a local champ, yes he succeeded in putting a vp bt that vp is not more than a comisioner PMB is not a fool that he'll give him little chance coz he's tinibu's eyes there..... His only function is to represent PMB in bomb last sceens, IDP camps, and alikes he has no power to take any decision no matter how small...... I really love the way tinibu is dealt with by Sen president Saraki and Speaker Dogara..... He hnas been silenced by them... He's not even seen the worst yet.. Until Buhari's Ministers are named....... Let me assure u tinibu is only influential within lagos.. In Abuja he's zero he can't influence any 1, as far as power is concerned in PMB's govt the most powerful are Buhari, Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu and Lasun..... Take it or leave it osinbaja is not more than a lagos comisioner
I dnt like typing much but ur comment made me laf out very loud. That Lasun u mentioned can not sit in d same room wit Tinubu because he sees it as disrespecful. For ur information, Lasun is an errand boy to Tinubu, infact, I dnt knw hw to rate Lasun in Tinubu's book; he is lesser than an errand boy. Dogara is under Tinubu too if u dnt know. U said Tinubu wl b shamed by d time Buhari appoints his ministers, well I dnt understnd wat u mean here but if u v been following d issue of cabinet formation, u wl read Buhari's comment abt 2 wks ago that APC only has two blocs for ministerial appointment and he named them as Buhari's bloc and Tinubu bloc. He said it categorically that d south west bloc is for Tinubu but begged him 2 consider OBJ candidates. Mind u, d bloc reffered to by mr president is North n South. Buhari handles d N/west n cn stil influence who emerge frm d remaining 2 zones in d north; dsaame thing is applicable to Tinubu. So, y ar u saying that Tinubu is nt relevant in Nigeria politics. Wit wat is goin on at d senate now, u wl knw that SP days ar numbered,Lawan who is Tinubu candidate wl stil com n lead d senate
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
mart2k:
I dnt like typing much but ur comment made me laf out very loud. That Lasun u mentioned can not sit in d same room wit Tinubu because he sees it as disrespecful. For ur information, Lasun is an errand boy to Tinubu, infact, I dnt knw hw to rate Lasun in Tinubu's book; he is lesser than an errand boy. Dogara is under Tinubu too if u dnt know. U said Tinubu wl b shamed by d time Buhari appoints his ministers, well I dnt understnd wat u mean here but if u v been following d issue of cabinet formation, u wl read Buhari's comment abt 2 wks ago that APC only has two blocs for ministerial appointment and he named them as Buhari's bloc and Tinubu bloc. He said it categorically that d south west bloc is for Tinubu but begged him 2 consider OBJ candidates. Mind u, d bloc reffered to by mr president is North n South. Buhari handles d N/west n cn stil influence who emerge frm d remaining 2 zones in d north; dsaame thing is applicable to Tinubu. So, y ar u saying that Tinubu is nt relevant in Nigeria politics. Wit wat is goin on at d senate now, u wl knw that SP days ar numbered,Lawan who is Tinubu candidate wl stil com n lead d senate
tinibu ke, grin Ūя̲̅ just so funny but read this http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/19/how-obasanjo-scuttled-tinubus-ambition-of-producing-buharis-finance-minister/ tinibu my nyash grin
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
kunzaar83:
tinibu ke, grin Ūя̲̅ just so funny but read this http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/19/how-obasanjo-scuttled-tinubus-ambition-of-producing-buharis-finance-minister/ tinibu my nyash grin
yea, am aware of d link u shared but, d point is that, OBJ just want to hijack what he cannot hijack; he does nt want to stoop so low to Tinubu daz y u c him acting that way. Like I said earlier, Buhari has spoken and he has spoken well, whatever has to do wit ministerial appointment in d south west lies wit Tinubu. Daz my point
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
mart2k:
yea, am aware of d link u shared but, d point is that, OBJ just want to hijack what he cannot hijack; he does nt want to stoop so low to Tinubu daz y u c him acting that way. Like I said earlier, Buhari has spoken and he has spoken well, whatever has to do wit ministerial appointment in d south west lies wit Tinubu. Daz my point
Can u prove where PMB specifically mention tinibu and buhari's block? And u think Buhari is a fool that he'll abandon his fellow General to go for some 1 not even close to their calibre, and let me tell u something that u should better know..... No any northerner allow tinibu to have anything of influence in nigeria apart from that commissioner that is claiming to be vp... U think northerners don't also want to be godfathers ko? Hahaahah Ūя̲̅ so funny, than tinibu to be god father to senate president it will be or house of reps, wallahi it is better to have a democracy without legislative arm... Lawan lost the interest of most northern power blocs the day he recognise himself with tinibu, and 2 say he didn't even recognise with tinibu he would have won hands down... Oya prove Ūя̲̅ point
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
kunzaar83:
Can u prove where PMB specifically mention tinibu and buhari's block? And u think Buhari is a fool that he'll abandon his fellow General to go for some 1 not even close to their calibre, and let me tell u something that u should better know..... No any northerner allow tinibu to have anything of influence in nigeria apart from that commissioner that is claiming to be vp... U think northerners don't also want to be godfathers ko? Hahaahah Ūя̲̅ so funny, than tinibu to be god father to senate president it will be or house of reps, wallahi it is better to have a democracy without legislative arm... Lawan lost the interest of most northern power blocs the day he recognise himself with tinibu, and 2 say he didn't even recognise with tinibu he would have won hands down... Oya prove Ūя̲̅ point
oboy u funny o! 2 even compare some 1 of Obasanjo's calibre with common tinibu, if not bcoz of MKO's demise who will even know of tinibu's existence even in lagos state talk less of nigeria? U people are just deceiving Ūя̲̅self over there that tinibu is powerful, let me make it clear to u that anything that tinibu can even influence if not for d interest of northern nigeria it won't work its only OBJ that can work out something worth fighting for in the interest of the west and succeed... Tinibu ke, in fact for PMB's success for the presidency remove all the votes from south west that tinibu influence and see weather PMB will still not win... Go and look @ the statistics and see, una too dey over exaggerate this tinibu of a guy... In the senate he has nobody influential @ reps only gbajabiamila and he will not even have any influence @ the house coz the north knows who's interest he's there to protect... Oboy think big, think Nigeria, don't have shallow brain to be keeping only small issues like tinibu
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
kunzaar83:
C, I dnt v anytin 2 prove but, d point is that d same Lawal wl stil lead d senate weneva Saraki is get rid of
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
mart2k:
C, I dnt v anytin 2 prove but, d point is that d same Lawal wl stil lead d senate weneva Saraki is get rid of
lawal can only be senate president in Ūя̲̅ dreams...... Simple calculation will tell u that they don't have that number... The whole of PDP senators are with Saraki, all the fomer gov in the senate except Abdullahi Adamu are with Saraki all the minority tribes within the middle belt are with saraki, the north is divided in to two saraki has half, how many senators remain? 21 or even less, better wake up from Ūя̲̅ dream and face reality gringringringrin
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
kunzaar83:
lawal can only be senate president in Ūя̲̅ dreams...... Simple calculation will tell u that they don't have that number... The whole of PDP senators are with Saraki, all the fomer gov in the senate except Abdullahi Adamu are with Saraki all the minority tribes within the middle belt are with saraki, the north is divided in to two saraki has half, how many senators remain? 21 or even less, better wake up from Ūя̲̅ dream and face reality gringringringrin
I surrender
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
mart2k:
I surrender
lol,..... I have to follow all the trends in the National assembly, this the 9th year I've been SA to Hon Dogara Yakubu till date and you know they are from the same camp with Saraki, so we can't afford to loose any information on the happenings @ the Nat assembly... If Saraki will loose his seat the body language of the senators would have said it.... Hope you understand.
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by mart2k(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2015
kunzaar83:
lol,..... I have to follow all the trends in the National assembly, this the 9th year I've been SA to Hon Dogara Yakubu till date and you know they are from the same camp with Saraki, so we can't afford to loose any information on the happenings @ the Nat assembly... If Saraki will loose his seat the body language of the senators would have said it.... Hope you understand.
yea, but y is it that Dogara and house of reps av nt made any public statement on d issue at hand. Dnt u think it is a clear sign that they av shifed tent?
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
mart2k:
yea, but y is it that Dogara and house of reps av nt made any public statement on d issue at hand. Dnt u think it is a clear sign that they av shifed tent?
Hon Dogara is a very wise person, since I knew him he uses wisdom in everything he does, @ times he even use his political enemies to achieve greater things and no matter what u do to him he'll never fight u the way politicians do..... So this strategy makes him stronger, for Saraki, Hon Dogara knows the truth that him Saraki is wrong in 1 way or the other, he was not smart enought 2 cover his tracks, but the truth here almost all politicians do thesame thing most especially all this former govenors, but nobody will talk about it untill they want to use it against you, so by implication Saraki's trial is a witch hunt..... That's why Hon Body language only signifies that he's only interested in making peace between Saraki and his enemies but he won't back any 1, even thou its still clear even if the Succeed in removing Saraki they won't have their way only the worst, coz definately PDP will highjack the senate presidency.... just wait ans see.......
Re: Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi by kunzaar83(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
mart2k:
I surrender
bro take a look @ https://www.nairaland.com/2642071/ministerial-list-fresh-nomination-crisis. Tinibu the wailing wailer lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Take Nigeria To The Next Level - President Buhari Vows / Reno Omokri Has This To Say About Lawal Daura's Sack Today / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.