Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,316 members, 7,971,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:00 AM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (116646 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Its beyond ur level so u wont understand kid
prettyboi1989:
wats so special bout the yoruba tribe dat americans are treating dem lyk an occult group. i doubt if the yoruba values are learnt and shared, m sure its the occultic part of the tribe dat they are celebrating. retards. FYI m being objective bout ma tribe.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by abat4real37(f): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
. wetin dey pain you now, sorry though I feel your pain
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by totit: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is incredible, even with the deep Yoruba words

God bless the Yoruba Nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jq1KqsXwC8

Outta here

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by abat4real37(f): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:

Even with all your ritual killings and juju, you are still a coward
wailers must wail

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by wolesmile(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Awa l'omo odu to da iwa!!!

Yoruba ni mi t'okan t'okan.

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Naff24:
ODUDUWA ni mi tokan tokan
YORUBA... The ever blessed culture in the whole of Africa.
ODUDUWA is the power of the womb.
ODUDUWA represents omnipotency, the ability to affect and reconstruct the physical reality at will.
OODUA first appears as one of the divinities of the Yoruba theogony.
The narrative indicates that Oduduwa denotes “the essence of behaviour” (Odu-ti-o-da-Iwa)or "the reservoir of culture or manners"(Odu-ti-o-du-iwa).

Ndigbo the wailers.... Abeg how market

I love my tribe like kilode grin

Nice Nice Nice Nice!

Same here ooo omo-odu-to-da-iwa (the god of behavior)

I love my tribe like kiloletoyi? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alfranco(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
I would rather you never descended this low just like any Yoruba might have been unreasonable. The Yoruba culture is a very rich one and just as others it has isolated negatives too. Please embrace civility.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by princdebola201(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
if am opportuned to come to this world ten times I won't hesitate to pick yoruba ten times..
It's a priviledge to be among the yoruba Race ..

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by tomzman: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Omo Yoruba lemi o. Proudly Yoruba for life. Even if I come to this world 50 times I would still come as a Yoruba man.

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by scholes0(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Proud of my culture. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:

What is your problem,dude?! I think your post is more of enviousness than expressing yourself. Bwahaha... I am against any form of outdated ritual sacrifices of any kind because I can't stand them, seriously!

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
bstringz:
Am an Ibo boy and I admit yoruba culture is rich and teaches respect which we Ibo people need to learn

But then nairalanders why all this tribalistic statements right from the word "go" on this thread

God abeg help this country and it's youth
The same mistakes our forefathers made we are doing it again. # very sad #. You all should be be ashamed of yourselves
God bless u bro...am humbled by ur humility..God will help ds nation... lets just keep praying

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
tells a lot about you. you deal with low class yoruba so you must be a wretched igbo man. do you sell gala and chase cars on ikorodu road ? ipob ohaneze youth lmao
jor saanu e....lol...hahaha..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by totit: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Alihkizito(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
So make i cry??

cristweeezy:
same as I do for AMARA back den in school,I too Bleep d hella the babe,, I spent nuffin on her... BITCH was so cheap.. I transferred her numba to a friend and he started her P,and eventually,ma friend ate her lyk shawama... Lmao
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Poheto281985: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
Could They Be Speaking Yoruba As Well?Uh Am Glad To Be A Yoruba Lady.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Topman0001(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
i'm proud being a Yoruba person. Best people, most hospitable, great culture, most ettiquet, beaurifful dressing, hard working, brilliant, skillful and very intelligent.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
hey bro Shymmex what it do baby babyyyyyyy. i seen you dukin it out with ileke so I let yall mash. its friday again bruv. aint nothing like a friday. i like friday vibes. yeah i feel you about explaining myself but i do have to because i have people of all tribes who I chop it up with everyday on NL so it is imperative for them to know I aint really a tribalist. its just strictly nairand e-beef between yoruba and ndigbo that I am participating in. i gotta let my peeps know where i stand lol. just the other day this ndigbo brother i used to kick it with in the religion section saw my post on frontpage and he was hurt. he let me know he diidnt appreciate my tribal post and that i was a coward grin grin grin grin

What's gwaning, big bredrin? Say no more. TGIF - I just bucked one of the young donnies from these sides at the shop now, and the doozy told me it's his bday weekend and he wants me to come through to Guvnor's bar cos he's celebrating it there and some naij artist, Shey Shay, is also gonna be there. So I might pass through that tonight with my dargs to party with my owanbe folks, you get me? You can pass through as well - drinks on me.

These mofos are so emotional and they the truth. If they through shots and you reply them, there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. Who has time for being fake and phoney? I'm sure he isn't oblivious to all the pictures of brown roofs these mofos spam on al Yoruba threads and how they curse Yorubas all the time. If a nyggah that only exist in a virtual world ain't Fvcking with you anymore cos of that, so be it. You aren't breaking bread with the nyggah and I'm sure you will never break bread with him. Personally, I don't give a fvck about what some simple nyggah thinks...if I ain't breaking bread with you and I don't jam with you on a personal level, ya opinions are inconsequential loool.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by hitleraldof(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
greatness22:
Bros calm down oh! because with dis level of hatred u have 4 d YORUBA'S, i think u might have high blood pressure. And incase u ask... My name is Chinedu Nwabudike
mumu so you claim u re chinedu and yet you did not see da yoruba guys invoking Igbo hatred but just one anti Yoruba comment and you pounce on it.....dude stop abusing my name pick another pen name... p and BTW before u reply, I am one of the few detribalized Nigerians--meaning I do not judge people based on tribe....nor believe that any tribe has one distinct characteristics.... though sha being Igbo rocks
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by totit: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by neyyofg: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bialegend:
Does this rubbish create jobs? What are those cat like marks on that man's face? In 2015?
Awon baba tia a ma n ko ila s'oju, Kola s'ara, ni ipari abi ni akotan oge atun ma un k'oruko s'ara...
Time to learn :
Awon - group of people
Baba - father
Ila - tri b a l ma rk
Ko - write
Ara - body
Ipari - at the end /finish /summarise
Abi - or
Oge - fashion
Oruko - name
Note : what u called cat-like marks is called *Tattoo *

Bialegend:
Does this rubbish create jobs? What are those cat like marks on that man's face? In 2015?
Awon baba tia a ma n ko ila s'oju, Kola s'ara, ni ipari abi ni akotan oge atun ma un k'oruko s'ara...
Time to learn :
Awon - group of people
Baba - father
Ila - tri b a l ma rk
Ko - write
Ara - body
Abi - or
Oge - fashion
Oruko - name

Bialegend:
Time to learn :
Awon - group of people
Baba - father
Ila - tri b a l ma rk
Ko - write
Ara - body
Abi - or
Oge - fashion
Oruko - name
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sdbaba: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Cool
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
Its beyond ur level so u wont understand kid
who u calling kid? lyk seriously cos u av access to the internet u think u above others? well m sure this is ur play field so ride on. m sure u no match on mine.
intelligent n mature peeps dnt call others kid or make an attempt to look down on others, so mr wateva u call ursef u are far from it. kip dreaming of countering me over d internet cos dats ur place. m way over dat. feel free to use derogatory comments, it only defines n damages ur personality more
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by azzima(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
akwabassey:
why are yorrobas too backward? cheesy
but you serpents still keep coming in droves It must be good

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
See ehn, i will slay and butcher you den use u as burnt offering if care is not taken. Looking at ur name 'prettyboi' U probably gay and was born in 89 so i'd just advice u once more to run along else. U dont post trash about my tribe and expect me to kip shut so dont form victim with dat croc tears, we aint mate boi angry
prettyboi1989:

who u calling kid? lyk seriously cos u av access to the internet u think u above others? well m sure this is ur play field so ride on. m sure u no match on mine.
intelligent n mature peeps dnt call others kid or make an attempt to look down on others, so mr wateva u call ursef u are far from it. kip dreaming of countering me over d internet cos dats ur place. m way over dat. feel free to use derogatory comments, it only defines n damages ur personality more
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by skondo09(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Yoruba always the best

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
See ehn, i will slay and butcher you den use u as burnt offering if care is not taken. Looking at ur name 'prettyboi' U probably gay and was born in 89 so i'd just advice u once more to run along else. U dont post trash about my tribe and expect me to kip shut so dont form victim with dat croc tears, we aint mate boi angry
lool does dat make u sleep well at nyt? too bad for u i dnt engage in idle conversations n dnt expect me to spend ma tym d same way u do insulting others. i spend ma time on the internet creatively. do u know ow many times av heard dat line about ma username? guess u avnt heard abt an hyperbole dat shud be ur assignment tonight. dats ma parting gift to u.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by scholes0(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
FODA:
[size=15pt]Every time I hear the name "Yoruba" I feel like I'm in heaven. Oodua ni mi, tokan tokan.[/size]

You can say that again bro ...

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bobbystanley:

You are nothing but a stupid, dirty and smelling Yoruba man.

What do you know?
Have you crossed seme border all your life?

Look at the stupid picture of Yoruba village U are making noise with.

I know how Rich the igbo Culture is practiced in far away Amsterdam which I was part of in 2011.

You wouldnt compare it with these smelling people U have here

are you mentally okay? what's smelling here? if yorubas are smelling 15 millions of you will not leave d erosion ravaged south east just to live with them, find shelter e.t.c in south west.
do you know the numbers(Millions) of igbos that has embraced yoruba culture over the years?
do you know the Numbers of igbo musicians that sings in yoruba
do you knw how many igbos translating english to yoruba all arround the world?
do you know how many igbos that are making living in the south west?
do you know how plenty d igbos dat demostrate, dress and act like the yorubas?

many more ibos r dying to cross over to the west yet you will say they are smelling.

what of your prostitute women aren't they smelling?
The igbos hustling , picking iron, bottles and refuse treasures from yoruba's refuse dumps are not dirty right?
you brothers in crimes are not disgusting right?
your bleaching women looking for yoruba husband are not dirty right?

check into any Nigerian brothels you will see d highly dirty igbos women everywhere. igbos houses in south west are the most dirty, you need to look the front of their shops and surroundings to see how stinking it can be.

if yorubas r smelling you can all go back to d east if not then shut up

Igbos are the most dirtiest in Nigeria. you people are nuisance. go ahead and fight 4 Biafra again

Mad man,
Shame on you,

I spit on you.

5 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
demolinka:
Buhehehehehe!!! Nairaland's a great place for a good laff mehn. We are one, whether Igbo or Yoruba. Let's keep d peace abeg. My Igbo peeps, e get one gospel song wey i dey find but I no sabi d title. some of d lyrics go like: 'onye soputa gai chineke anyi...' (I no sabi ibo, abeg), then d chorus be like: 'shalala shalala shalala shalala, anyi nala ehh...' Used 2 be popular on NTA back in d days. one love.
am telling u ..I don laff taya..I av an IBO pastor... I love my IBO friends...I even love D's IBO gospel worship song "aka akya aka Jehovah ne mema..."
even some Christians are not free from ds tribalism ish.... we really nid 2 talk 2 ourselves.. our spiritual identity supercedes our physical ...
BTW ....I perceive D's is a curse on Africa ...just lyk corruption and d rest
let's just kiip praying
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shymm3x:

What's gwaning, big bredrin? Say no more. TGIF - I just bucked one of the young donnies from these sides at the shop now, and the doozy told me it's his bday weekend and he wants me to come through to Guvnor's bar cos he's celebrating it there and some naij artist, Shey Shay, is also gonna be there. So I might pass through that tonight with my dargs to party with my owanbe folks, you get me? You can pass through as well - drinks on me.

These mofos are so emotional and they the truth. If they through shots and you reply them, there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. Who has time for being fake and phoney? I'm sure he isn't oblivious to all the pictures of brown roofs these mofos spam on al Yoruba threads and how they curse Yorubas all the time. If a nyggah that only exist in a virtual world ain't Fvcking with you anymore cos of that, so be it. You aren't breaking bread with the nyggah and I'm sure you will never break bread with him. Personally, I don't give a fvck about what some simple nyggah thinks...if I ain't breaking bread with you and I don't jam with you on a personal level, ya opinions are inconsequential loool.
[b]buahahaha you know how many hours trip that is ? from manny area to essex ? having said that when i was in london i knew bruvs that used to drive to the north to come party. never could understand why a man would drive 4 hours to go party and then drive back. something about the girls up north were much cheaper and easier. dunno mayne. it was never that serious with me so i never followed on one of their trips. i saw it as suffering lol.
yeah i hear ya about the ipob youths but still i have some people who i give celestial guidance to so with me i still gotta let them see where i am coming from with this tit for tat yoruba vs igbo thang. you know some folks are like fixed permanently in some sections and never get to see all the frontpage bullcrap. like about a year ago I was one of those folks. fixed permanently in the religion section. twas when i came to frontpage that i saw this barrage of insults from ndigbo. shyttt was mind boggling. like woah woah woah hold up time out time out people - whats going on ? we all black folks here right ?[/b] shocked shocked
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Yellowbar people are frustrated children of hate

Hausa hates them

Igbo hates them

South South hates them

Very disgusting dirty bastards

Their babes pussycat dey draw like ewedu grin
u hate them because they are more educated than u people.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Nigerian (igbo) & African American

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.