Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles (33859 Views)

Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Wings Of African Pride: FIFA Releases World Cup Slogans For Super Eagles, Others / FG Budgets N3 Billion For Super Eagles For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2015
CompleteSportsNigeria:
Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh, has confirmed the appointment of Ahmed Musa as the new captain of the side, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.
Oliseh said he picked the CSKA Moscow of Russia forward because he is building a team for the future.
"There is no captain tussle. Going forward, I need a player who is a regular in the team and it is Ahmed Musa, who did a great job in Tanzania under difficult circumstances," Oliseh told Brila FM Wednesday morning.
"He is the captain of the team, not someboby who is thinking of retirement.
"A captain has to  lead by example. We are not here to build stars.
"There is no talk of conforming, if you can't  work with us you can leave.
"
Oliseh was apparently referring to Vincent Enyeama, whom he clashed with on Tuesday night in Belgium.
The Super Eagles will take on DR Congo in a friendly game on Thursday and then later confront Cameroon on Sunday at the Edmond Matchens Stadium, Brussels.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-confirms-musa-as-new-super-eagles-captain/

9 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by chocolateme(f): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2015
Nice one but hope he will deliver?

FTC
Chocolate cream
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by zuchyblink(m): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2015
powered by the islamic party (APC)

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by pussygotlips: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Good
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
Nice one

Not very Nice to me.
It seems he is causing disparity in the team, by detracting Enyeama of his position in the team. the players might be disunited now in the camp. and you know we require total cohesion of players and the coaching management to be able to face the likes of Egypt in our group stage games for Afcon qualification.
Just as when Mourinho sacked the Chelsea doctor. Chelsea players were not comfortable with the act.

A logical, insighful comment:
Goke7:
Though painful, I think its high time Enyeama call it quit with the national team, just like keshi, Nigeria is a place where people easily get tired of you no matter the positive impact you would have made. Enyeama to me should have retired after the world cup just like Keshi.

Nigeria is not worth it, no wonder we will never have dedicated players in the national team

THE REAL STORY BEHIND THE RIFT

22 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by emmasege: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2015
I hope Sunday has not started smoking igbo (weed). He's on a mission to force certain players out of the team. If he doesn't need them again, let him rather not invite them. How can a sane coach byepass Enyeama and Mikel and make Musa the captain. Why was Kanu who was younger and obviously more popular/influential not made the captain over him in oliseh's playing days?
It doesnt happen in any human society to make a junior person the superior. You will rather first send the senior players to retirement by not inviting them, in order to create space for Musa.
Furthermore, I hope Musa has started speaking good English sha.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by SuPeRq(f): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by kelvyn7: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2015
smiley

he has been the most consistent Nigerian player recently sha, kudos to him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ayukdaboss(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2015
zuchyblink:
powered by the islamic party (APC)

You carry your mumu come here too?? I'm sure APC is also responsible for your low sperm count.

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by allanphash7(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2015
That abooki guy?

Its good sha

Mention me wrongly and die

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2015
Yes, he deserves it smiley.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by menix(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmm ...

That same Musa that must have 20 chances with the keeper before he nets a goal..

Watin person fit hold hand in Nigeria that is working, sport is even a no go area today in nigeria..

Okocha nd Kanu should be recalled back from retirement, all we just have on that team re bunch of Clowns in Jersey clothing..

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by nerodenero: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2015
Nigerians are never patient people. All these noise would end with a run of poor results, by then, Nigerians would ask for Oliseh's head.

9 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Initially, initial gra gra syndrome dey show.

Then you start not performing

Initial gra gra will turn to survival gra gra; blaming all the blameable for your failure until you see the SACK!!!
Oliseh, be warned. Go and bring Enyeama for us

11 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by hajjiahmed90(m): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
[size=32pt]HajjiAhmed

In

The

Hood[/size]
cool.......................... nice one

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by femi4: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Fear North....Abok.i ti take over!

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by eazysmiles: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
I think he deserves it. That boy has performed when Nigeria needed someone to rise to the occasion. In fact , he happens to be one of few nigerian players that still perform in Europe week-in week-out. sad

20 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by steffans(m): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Good for the Jos boy...
The guy is good..

But captaincy needs a good leader..
Hope he gat what it takes...

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by SaiBuharii: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Musa is dedicated, and he is our best export currently. I give it to him.

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ZYZZA: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
What is this now
It is the same hot head that mad him not to go far in his football carer o. People don't learn

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ammyluv2002(f): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Nooooo. it will bring division among the players

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Vondata(m): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2015
MusA doesnt have the quality of leadership and Mikel vs Enyeama exclusion as a captain, is absurd, he wont go far with this decision

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by kelvyn7: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
femi4:
Fear North....Abok.i ti take over!

tribalist spotted

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Dahveydson(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
This is absolutely wrong. Enyeama has contributed to the growth of super Eagles and he still has more years on his hands. Sidelining him is just wrong.

In my opinion, Sunday oliseh have started on the wrong foot.

18 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ifyalways(f): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Musa of all people?

Doesn't sound right,IMO

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by AdemolaA2: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Gerrarahee mehn....Thought Oliseh was more educated and enlightened than all this poo he's doing. Enyeama had his reasons for behaving the way he did. I would do the same if I were in enyama's shoes. Likes of Mikel and Enyeama should have better been made caps.He's just been sentimental about his decisions. Not good for our national team at all.

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by seunlayi(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
[size=15pt]The Super Eagles need no Captain, a team without direction, no tactics, ..... [/size]

9 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Akalia(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
I was here
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by beejayphako(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Lol, v. Funny.. imagine dis clown of a coach.. anyway, aam not surprised, dts wht happens wen u give a good job to an over sabi igboman undecided

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by TheNextAce: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Oya leggo
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Kyase(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Hmm
according to my ibo brothers, "A NORTHERNER AGAIN"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON / Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) / Rugby Of Zimbabwe Sleep In The Streets In Tunisia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.