Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,187 members, 7,887,439 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles (33894 Views)

Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Wings Of African Pride: FIFA Releases World Cup Slogans For Super Eagles, Others / FG Budgets N3 Billion For Super Eagles For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Stolen: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2015
MadCow1:

I don't think I disrespected you nor called you names so cut out that foolishness you are trying to start.

Like I said, 'IF THE NEW COACH FEELS HE IS A DISTRACTION TO HIS TEAM', then he has got to go.. PERIOD!!!

I said nothing about his mother death nor burial. We can't sack the Coach because of one player. So its either Enyeama leaves or Oliseh leaves.. The answer is a simple one: Go Figure.

U have put your stupidity on display, so let me call you to order. If you dont like it, next time shut it.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Goke7: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2015
MadCow1:

Enyeama has served his time. We are grateful for his services so far, [b]but if the New Coach feels he is a distraction to his team, then he has got to go. PERIOD!

Don't disrespect Nigeria because of Enyeama's matter biko. No man is greater than a Nation.[/b]

Does the coach have to disgrace him cos he wants him to go? I repeat Nigeria is worth it, Enyeama is not in anyway inferior to Oliseh, Enyeama has played in 3 world cups compared to Oliseh's two world cups. Enyeama can be Nigeria's coach tommorrow.

Does a coach have to tell a grow up adult to shut up his mouth cos he does not want him in his team? why invite enyeama if he is no longer needed?

Next time an experienced coach who has handled a national team should be appointed as coach of the eagles. Oliseh has never coached any national team so i can understand his childish acts, he still thinks he is in supersports studio where he can yap any palyer anyhow. smh

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh has further divided the EAGLES
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by breakeven: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2015
emmasege:
I hope Sunday has not started smoking igbo (weed). He's on a mission to force certain players out of the team. If he doesn't need them again, let him rather not invite them. How can a sane coach byepass Enyeama and Mikel and make Musa the captain. Why was Kanu who was younger and obviously more popular/influential not made the captain over him in oliseh's playing days?
It doesnt happen in any human society to make a junior person the superior. You will rather first send the senior players to retirement by not inviting them, in order to create space for Musa.
Furthermore, I hope Musa has started speaking good English sha.
English has got nothing to do with it. Messi cannot speak English.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by omonnakoda: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2015
emmasege:
I hope Sunday has not started smoking igbo (weed). He's on a mission to force certain players out of the team. If he doesn't need them again, let him rather not invite them. How can a sane coach byepass Enyeama and Mikel and make Musa the captain. Why was Kanu who was younger and obviously more popular/influential not made the captain over him in oliseh's playing days?
It doesnt happen in any human society to make a junior person the superior. You will rather first send the senior players to retirement by not inviting them, in order to create space for Musa.
Furthermore, I hope Musa has started speaking good English sha.

Since when did captaincy become about seniority. Whether in Nigeria or elsewhere?
It is about leadership
Kanu more popular and influential than Oliseh? Really? After Oliseh left why was Kanu not made captain?
So Musa does not speak good English? Do you?

What is "doesnt"? What is "byepass"? What do you mean by "You will rather first...."

One does not send people "to retirement", Is that a place in England where they speak good English??
Your English is egregious!! Anyway why should Musa speak good English? He is Hausa I believe so speaking good Hausa should be his priority.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by MadCow1: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2015
Goke7:

Does the coach have to disgrace him cos he wants him to go? I repeat Nigeria is worth it, Enyeama is not in anyway inferior to Oliseh, Enyeama has played in 3 world cups compared to Oliseh's two world cups. Enyeama can be Nigeria's coach tommorrow.

Does a coach have to tell a grow up adult to shut up his mouth cos he does not want him in his team? why invite enyeama if he is no longer needed?

Next time an experienced coach who has handled a national team should be appointed as coach of the eagles. Oliseh has never coached any national team so i can understand his childish acts, he still thinks he is in supersports studio where he can yap any palyer anyhow. smh

Its always a wise move to hear both sides of the story before making any judgments.

More will come out of this story with time, but for now, the inly aspect of your post I can agree with is that; Oliseh handled Enyeama's eviction badly. Or rather the way the news was reported shows he handled it badly.

I will not start shooting down Oliseh just yet. He was hired to handle the National team, not creepwalk around Enyeama.

If the Coach says he does not want a particular player in his team, then that player has got to go.. #SIMPLE.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by MadCow1: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2015
Stolen:

U have put your stupidity on display, so let me call you to order. If you dont like it, next time shut it.

Interesting,

Thanks for stopping by.. Move along now.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by emmasege: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2015
ollah1:

What we should be worried about is results. If they are coming in positively, i don't care who skips the team.
Btw, he doesn't need to speak good English. They can communicate in pidgin
As the National team captain, he will have to address pre and post-match conferences. Don't come back here tomorrow to tell us that Musa has embarrassed the nation with his poor command of English. Ability to communicate very well should be one of the major criteria in selecting the team captain, and if a younger person must be selected, he must be the type that commands the respect of his superiors. Musa is by all standard far below the class of Mikel and Enyeama, and I don't see the duo looking up to him for leadership on/off the pitch.
The point is this: Let Oliseh drop Mikel and Vincent from his squad so that Musa can uncontroversially lead the team. Take it or leave it, the duo have paid their dues for Nigeria and if their services are not so important again, they can be dropped instead of this embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by austinike(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2015
oliseh did wrong and did not respect Enyama. He jst wnt to cause division in the said team he is building.
the young man lost his beloved mum and also apologized for coming late to camp.haba
he shld take it calm now. Enyama Has bin dia 4 us since and he's an outspoken guy who says it the way he feels.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by front247: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Mikel is an irresponsible player, he is d one dat suppose to have d captainship
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Stolen: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2015
austinike:
oliseh did wrong and did not respect Enyama. He jst wnt to cause division in the said team he is building.
the young man lost his beloved mum and also apologized for coming late to camp.haba
he shld take it calm now. Enyama Has bin dia 4 us since and he's an outspoken guy who says it the way he feels.
Couldn't put it better myself
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by front247: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2015
Musa showed patriotism and commitment he deserved d captainship
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by ERAKAMUS: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2015
May be part of his Terms and Conditions if he wants to Coach the Team.
I no kuku dey waste time watch Nija Soccer.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by seunakin231(m): 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dough a regular starter, disciplined, huge task I must say.... angry
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by falan: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
everybody become CHRISTIAN.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by omonnakoda: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
emmasege:
As the National team captain, he will have to address pre and post-match conferences. Don't come back here tomorrow to tell us that Musa has embarrassed the nation with his poor command of English. Ability to communicate very well should be one of the major criteria in selecting the team captain, and if a younger person must be selected, he must be the type that commands the respect of his superiors. Musa is by all standard far below the class of Mikel and Enyeama, and I don't see the duo looking up to him for leadership on/off the pitch.
The point is this: Let Oliseh drop Mikel and Vincent from his squad so that Musa can uncontroversially lead the team. Take it or leave it, the duo have paid their dues for Nigeria and if their services are not so important again, they can be dropped instead of this embarrassment.
Your command of English is nothing to write home about. I will have no problem with him addressing the press in Hausa if he cannot speak English though there is no evidence that is the case.Clearly you are a prejudiced bigot.What do you mean by "class"? What "class" has Mikel got? That Musa doesn't ( It is not "doesnt" as you ignorantly wrote)
You are just a spiteful little inconsequential worm
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by dozai: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
Captainship is not all about seniority. Messi is the captain of Argentina, but he is not the most capped player,, the same applies everywhere. If the coach feels Musa will give him what he needs, so be it. Once the team is delivering, shikena.

My advice is that the coach should work with the older players. On the issue of good command of English, that one is baldadash. He can speak Hausa. How many countries speak english. Spaniards speak spanish and no one has killed them. If i were to be musa, ill speak hausa and let it be interpreted.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nellybii: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
homesteady:

Sigh!
Neymar was made the captain because of his ability to inspire the team and even without the captain handband, he was already seen as the leader! The Coach did not just wake up to make him the captain, Thiago Silva was out for a long time, he even lost his spot at a certain period!

1) Musa does not inspire us to win, he was largely responsible for Nigeria not qualifying for the last Nations cup, if he had scored those 2 easy chances that a paralyzed person would score, Nigeria would have beaten South Africa in Akwa Ibom!
2) Nobody sees Musa as a leader
3) Enyeama is still very much active, and still one of the glitters of hope for Nigeria football.

What Oliseh is doing has all shades of wrong written on it, Veterans of Enyeama status are never treated in such an embarrassing way!

An Englishman does not speak good English? Are you referring to his scouse accent?

I deliberately chose Rooney as case study because he speaks Scouse not English. So many words are twisted and different. Anyway, that aside I see nothing wrong in what Oliseh did.
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by mightyokwy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
No doubt Musa is one of most committed players we have in the super eagles but he does't have the charisma to be eagles captain. Oliseh have the right to choose any body he want to be his captian but when doing that he must apply wisdom, he should be reasonable enough nd ready to accept the blame when his actions backfires. To me oliseh is very wrong on this one, imagine calling the security to send enyema out of the hotel, that is national embrassment. He should have give him the chance to explain why he is late. Enyema has been very patriotic and he has been a great leader since he took over the mantle of leadership of super eagles. He just buried his mum last weekend and you dnt expect him to abandon his family immidiately and start runing down to eagles camp. If he has personal issues with enyeama why not settle with him out of super eagle than to humilate him like that. Do unto others what you would like them to do to you.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Goke7: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
MadCow1:

Its always a wise move to hear both sides of the story before making any judgments.

More will come out of this story with time, but for now, the inly aspect of your post I can agree with is that; Oliseh handled Enyeama's eviction badly. Or rather the way the news was reported shows he handled it badly.

I will not start shooting down Oliseh just yet. He was hired to handle the National team, not creepwalk around Enyeama.

If the Coach says he does not want a particular player in his team, then that player has got to go.. #SIMPLE.

I think we are on the same page, the way Oliseh handled the matter is the reason why lots of guys including me are condemning him but like I said earlier, he is too inexperienced for the job he is handling. If you don't want a player, don't invite him simple. keshi never wanted the likes of martins, osaze, taiwo and others even Yobo and he did not invite them despite all the noise from nigerians until the world cup when he considered osaze and yobo but many senior players like yakubu and martins who were still active never got invited by keshi. Prevention they say is better than cure. I hope oliseh learns fast on the job

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
illiad:

Dafty.... He ain't Igbo!
He is still searching for his tribe
lets pray he finds it.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by front247: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nobody is above the law
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
iyke926:
Yes, he deserves it smiley. Mikel and Enyeama won't be happy about it sha.
Oloshi ... Enyeama is a successful footballer ...

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Goke7: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
mightyokwy:
No doubt Musa is one of most committed players we have in the super eagles but he does't have the charisma to be eagles captain. Oliseh have the right to choose any body he want to be his captian but when doing that he must apply wisdom, he should be reasonable enough nd ready to accept the blame when his actions backfires. To me oliseh is very wrong on this one, imagine calling the security to send enyema out of the hotel, that is national embrassment. He should have give him the chance to explain why he is late. Enyema has been very patriotic and he has been a great leader since he took over the mantle of leadership of super eagles. He just buried his mum last weekend and you dnt expect him to abandon his family immidiately and start runing down to eagles camp. If he has personal issues with enyeama why not settle with him out of super eagle than to humilate him like that. Do unto others what you would like them to do to you.

@the bolded, what do you expect from an inexperienced coach?

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
emmasege:

He isn't embarrassing any nation. For God sake, aren't countries out there that don't speak English at all? Don't they communicate? Don't they have a pre and post match conferences? He will speak in the Language he understands and at worst a translator would do the job perfectly. Na English you wan chop..

I guess you are a Chelsea fan to keep mentioning Mikel. Musa is always available at any point in time, whenever he is called, that is upmost patriotism. Mikel, a bench warmer should skip players that sees regular football.. What does he wnnna tell them? After playing for Nigeria and act like a boss, he retires to the bench for his club. Regarding Enyeama, he is close to retirement and he(Oliseh) wants a long term captain.

if you aren't good with it, then quit watching Naija footie
Re: Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles by front247: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
zuchyblink: