Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,843 members, 7,915,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4998797 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (5751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyo4souls(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
peeps4u:

You can't do either taxify or uber without DL no matter how long you've been driving, you can only do uber with temporary DL.

As for HP, I think 3m is too much for 2006 corolla, besides a 3m HP will take you 2 years to settle, think about what happens when you default, it is probably to the owner's gain; he has back his car and you probably lose all you've paid him.

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate this, how much is a good amount for the HP (Toyota corolla 06)?
I might have to take this opportunity to at least supplement what i have. I do have thoughts of plying 3MB and other routes through the day to meet sellers weekly requirement pending when i get the Temporary DL in 5 weeks. Do you think this is generally a good idea? Or i should let it go?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyo4souls(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
izzou:

If you took your loved one to the hospital, and the doctor attending to them has been practicing for years, but he doesn't have a license, what will you say?

Please wait till your license is ready. No let Police, Road safety and VIO use you take pay their house rent

I have an acceptable document i can present to the officers pending the release of my licence.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:

I have an acceptable document i can present to the officers pending the release of my licence.

You didn't mention you had an "acceptable document" to present

They should give you a temporary, at least
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
mistadayo:
It happens to me too. Especially when on third mainland bridge and it's very sunny outside. The day it happened I noticed the a/c button in the middle wasn't on. So check your ac middle button in the middle if the light is on.

Thanks I’ve done that also, it happens mostly when I’m on a long trip and runnning above 70km/hr
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate this, how much is a good amount for the HP (Toyota corolla 06)?
I might have to take this opportunity to at least supplement what i have. I do have thoughts of plying 3MB and other routes through the day to meet sellers weekly requirement pending when i get the Temporary DL in 5 weeks. Do you think this is generally a good idea? Or i should let it go?

Bro, even if any car is worth the amount, don't take any 3M HP. Think about how long it will take you to offset even with 30k weekly remittance.

toyo4souls:

As for the good amount for a 2006 corolla, legends here will come and give their verdicts.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Temmydotty(f): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
URGENT VACANCY

Do you know a driver with a valid drivers' license) who is familiar with Lagos routes?Applicants should reside around Lekki-Ajah axis, Lagos, Nigeria.

Kindly, send a DM to (Whatsapp Only- 08061199075) with your attached CV immediately.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Temmydotty:
URGENT VACANCY

Do you know a driver with a valid drivers' license) who is familiar with Lagos routes?Applicants should reside around Lekki-Ajah axis, Lagos, Nigeria.

Kindly, send a DM to (Whatsapp Only- 08061199075) with your attached CV immediately.

Attached CV?

What role is the person applying for?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:
Guys, can I do taxify without a driving licence( it is still process expecting it in 5 weeks) but i have been driving for years. If no, is there a way around it to make enough money to pay dealer for 5 weeks??

Also is 3.5M a good price for hire purchase Toyota Corolla 06 registered, Insured?

Seller wants to collect 100k downpayment and 30k weekly. Any advice?

Me I will be blunt here, 3.5 is two much.
Besides if I were u I would start with rentals, driving is different from doing Uber. So many things come into play, besides I won't advice you to deposit money because in case of any eventuality your deposits and whatever you have paid will just go like that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:
Guys, can I do taxify without a driving licence( it is still process expecting it in 5 weeks) but i have been driving for years. If no, is there a way around it to make enough money to pay dealer for 5 weeks??

Also is 3.5M a good price for hire purchase Toyota Corolla 06 registered, Insured?

Jesu! 3.5m that one na modern day salary oh shocked

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fiestafetta: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good day friends, please I need urgent answer. Between Toyota Camry 2003 4plugs and V6 which one is more fuel economical for ehailing business? 2, is it true that 2003 model is more reliable and durable than either 2004, 2005 model? Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyo4souls(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Jesu! 3.5m that one na modern day salary oh shocked

I thought so too. How much do you think is a good price?

Thank you for your input.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
Fiestafetta:
Good day friends, please I need urgent answer. Between Toyota Camry 2003 4plugs and V6 which one is more fuel economical for ehailing business? 2, is it true that 2003 model is more reliable and durable than either 2004, 2005 model? Thanks.

6plugs and 4plugs which one has more plugs.
I think u know the answer to your question

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyo4souls(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Me I will be blunt here, 3.5 is two much.
Besides if I were u I would start with rentals, driving is different from doing Uber. So many things come into play, besides I won't advice you to deposit money because in case of any eventuality your deposits and whatever you have paid will just go like that.

Thank you for your advice. 3.5m is a hella money. Paying an extra 1.5M is indeed outrageous. I am yet to make any commitments. How much do you think is a good price for 06 corolla registered HP?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:

Thank you for your advice. 3.5m is a hella money. Paying an extra 1.5M is indeed outrageous. I am yet to make any commitments. How much do you think is a good price for 06 corolla registered HP?
Anything from 2.5 to 3m, but try to negotiate below 3m.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Anything from 2.5 to 3m, but try to negotiate below 3m.

for a registered 06 Corolla?....as in naija used...
shouldnt be more than 2.2m.....2.5m
less than a year registered....2.2m...2.5m
more than a year registered...2m....2.2m...
hp is better than rentals with a good car...if well negotiated...still dont know why u think rentals is better.....
with a good car and adequate maintenance....y wouldn't u drive to own.......

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dbossmanager:

hp is better than rentals with a good car...if well negotiated...still dont know why u think rentals is better.....
I was only suggesting rentals for him so he will use it to learn the ropes then see if it's worth depositing money or not.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
06 Corolla available for rental
Must live in a fenced house.
Must have both Uber and Bolt app readily available.
Remittance is 30k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
tojahh:

Attached CV?

What role is the person applying for?

You don't know anything, here is an ad for sales and they are requesting for int'l UK experience

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Just answer him if you know bro, not everyone is auto savvy. He might just be told 4 plugs and V6 and came here to seek more knowledge

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fiestafetta: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mjosh1000:

thanks so much. Some car dealers self can be funny, me that have used sienna before, because they want to sell car telling me that it's hoax. That v6 is more fuel economical when it comes to Toyota Camry 2003. I think I will need to ask my Toyota mechanic then.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
I'm also of the opinion with good offer, HP is a better option than rental, you could become the owner of that car in a year and few months while the car would still be the owner's had it been a rental.
l think people are afraid of maintenance cost when issues arise.

Dbossmanager:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
peeps4u:

You don't know anything, here is an ad for sales and they are requesting for int'l UK experience

Ayam sorry sir... cry

I really don't know anything except Tazi work tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
A305:
06 Corolla available for rental
Must live in a fenced house.
Must have both Uber and Bolt app readily available.
Remittance is 30k

Contact me on 08081332616 only if you live around Ogba, Ojodu, Iju and ikeja axis.

Wouldn't you rather have a driver who only uses a platform and remits always than the drivers on every platform and still defaults in payment?
I understand you though.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
tojahh:

Ayam sorry sir... cry

I really don't know anything except Tazi work tongue

LOL, that's why you're a driver

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
peeps4u:

l think people are afraid of maintenance cost when issues arise.

No... I Franky would disagree on this. Do you know the maintenance and repairs you do on rentals are easily the essentials to keep the vehicle in top shape and running? So its not the fear of maintenance, I could guess its the second thought of. WHAT IF I COULDN'T MEET UP AFTER THE DURATION ON THE AGREEMENT?

On rentals, you are just like in a bank job while you scout for a better opportunity with CBN, NNPC, FIRS grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
toyo4souls:

Bro, be patient, you will still see another offer. Someone here saw 1.7m or so HP offer for 2006 corolla, if I am correct for the year model, though from a church member. All I'm saying is this isn't the only offer you will see, there are even HP offers here occasionally.
3.5 HP offer doesn't sound too good, considering how long it will take you to pay off. It will even take almost 3 years if I'm right.
You can still see a good offer.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
peeps4u:

Wouldn't you rather have a driver who only uses a platform and remits always than the drivers on every platform and still defaults in payment?
I understand you though.

Owners-Partners are of the school of thought that having both App means double returns grin. But truth is... Positioning, Luck, articulate, a trouble free car and mindset will do it for you as a driver.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
The bolded is the reason I advise toyo4souls against 3.5HP. Any HP that can't be paid off in a year or a year and half with the weekly remittance is a NO for me.

tojahh:

No... I Franky would disagree on this. Do you know the maintenance and repairs you do on rentals are easily the essentials to keep the vehicle in top shape and running? So its not the fear of maintenance, I could guess its the second thought of. WHAT IF I COULDN'T MEET UP AFTER THE DURATION ON THE AGREEMENT?

On rentals, you are just like in a bank job while you scout for a better opportunity with CBN, NNPC, FIRS grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
Considering the much influx of cars into the business and also continual reduction in fares, do you think in a year time it’d still be sustainable?

I personally do not think so.

Don’t be too quick to own a car. Think beyond now. Once you sign the agreement, the car only belongs to you not until you’ve remitted the last balance, in case of any eventuality, the car returns to the owner and you also lose whatever it is you’ve paid.

The ball is in your court.

toyo4souls:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

The major road from okota round about to apple junction is drivable however, quite a number of inner roads is what I can't vouch for, most are terrible. The traffic too sometimes can give brain tumour.
thanks boss. I cancelled the trip eventually.

The nightmare I had at festac still lingers.

Burn all the fuel in traffic , all in the name of customer is right.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
So I got a user beep me up that he wants to buy my V6 Highlander... Called my guy to bring back the ride as he has been sampling it at his shop for sometime now.
He brought it and it was misfiring. Oga buyer said he can't detect if gear is selecting due to jerking. I told him to take 50k off my final asking price and fix the misfiring. He said no that I should go ND fix it. Then he can know if he would buy or not.
So my stressful ordeal started by asking my kazeem to fix the issue... He said it was Fuel pump and Starting coil... Oya buy and put. Las las it was still having little misfiring.

Me :Kazeem I want this engine to be stable, I don't need to be on the defensive side during this negotiation.

Kazeem: Oga, it will clear. Na fuel dey cause am.

Me: Oya buy 3k fuel put am.
The misfiring comes to clearer when AC is on and car is in traffic and kinda 20% on speed).
Took the car home yesterday and was not impressed.

Me:Kazeem am bringing this car back, plz check the plugs you said you changed.
(Took the car to him today)

Kazeem: Oga mi, the plugs dey fire wells.

Me: Wetin cause the misfiring na, abi you talk say na fuel and I don buy enough fuel. Moreover, the fuel gauge stopped working wetin cause am, it was working b4 you changed the pump.

Kazeem: Oga, na electrician go check am.
(I was just tired and I needed to go home and shower then have something to eat. Drove the car few poles from his shop and entered one bad pothole and the engine just went off... Just the normal indicators showing on dashboard. Tried to start car again, no show)

Me: Hello Kazeem, your car just stopped, engine to gree start again.

Kazeem: Oga leave am make e cool small. E go start. I dey come meet you.

Me: I don't understand, is this not a routine for faulty fuel pump? What nonsense is this Kazeem.

Kazeem: Oga I dey come.

(Kazeem Came, tried all the magic in his power, said fuel pump is not pumping again and finally I told him I want to call my brother who sales spare parts at Alaoji)

Kazeem: Oga tell him to bring Belgium V8 pump. I no just trust all these new pumps.
(I just open mouth dey look Kazeem)
Me: Brotherly, abeg you get V8 pump for my ride? Kazeem say na V8 better ooo

Bro: Wetin happen to the one he bin put.
(After narrating to him what happened)

Bro: Tell Kazeem to call electrician to check that car.

Me: Kazeem, plz call your brother to come check the electrical side of this car.

Kazeem brother came finally, did his magic and the car started to work. Was so tired that I just drove my car and stopped at Akwa Ibom woman's place to by Editan soup with fufu. Came back to start the car, put key in ignition, opened the ignition and was hearing some humming sound from the fuel pump chamber. Tried starting the car and hard a cranky sound as it started, then it went off again. Tried it again, same thing, finally on the 3rd try it started. Discovered temperature was high and compressor wasn't coming up again. Got down, check engine room and saw that radiator fan was disconnected.

Kai!!! I feel like killing Kazeem right now.

I am just at home and thinking how to handle Kazeem and him brother

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
if you see a red landrover with bonnet open just after heyden VGC,abeg stop me lol ,am confused and lost ,dem say oil dry for my engine

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (5751) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: hurlar2014(m), sandammy(m), Donphilex(m), Germanhunter(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.