Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4998160 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (5751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
fabiano09:
if you see a red landrover with bonnet open just after heyden VGC,abeg stop me lol ,am confused and lost ,dem say oil dry for my engine
grin grin grin. Dem say

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
radautoworks:
SIDENOTE. Please don't laugh at me but what is considered a liveable wage...?
Any amount that can "independently" take care of your basic wants needs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
ajoks533:
So I got a user beep me up that he wants to buy my V6 Highlander... Called my guy to bring back the ride as he has been sampling it at his shop for sometime now.
He brought it and it was misfiring. Oga buyer said he can't detect if gear is selecting due to jerking. I told him to take 50k off my final asking price and fix the misfiring. He said no that I should go ND fix it. Then he can know if he would buy or not.
So my stressful ordeal started by asking my kazeem to fix the issue... He said it was Fuel pump and Starting coil... Oya buy and put. Las las it was still having little misfiring.

Me :Kazeem I want this engine to be stable, I don't need to be on the defensive side during this negotiation.

Kazeem: Oga, it will clear. Na fuel dey cause am.

Me: Oya buy 3k fuel put am.
The misfiring comes to clearer when AC is on and car is in traffic and kinda 20% on speed).
Took the car home yesterday and was not impressed.

Me:Kazeem am bringing this car back, plz check the plugs you said you changed.
(Took the car to him today)

Kazeem: Oga mi, the plugs dey fire wells.

Me: Wetin cause the misfiring na, abi you talk say na fuel and I don buy enough fuel. Moreover, the fuel gauge stopped working wetin cause am, it was working b4 you changed the pump.

Kazeem: Oga, na electrician go check am.
(I was just tired and I needed to go home and shower then have something to eat. Drove the car few poles from his shop and entered one bad pothole and the engine just went off... Just the normal indicators showing on dashboard. Tried to start car again, no show)

Me: Hello Kazeem, your car just stopped, engine to gree start again.

Kazeem: Oga leave am make e cool small. E go start. I dey come meet you.

Me: I don't understand, is this not a routine for faulty fuel pump? What nonsense is this Kazeem.

Kazeem: Oga I dey come.

(Kazeem Came, tried all the magic in his power, said fuel pump is not pumping again and finally I told him I want to call my brother who sales spare parts at Alaoji)

Kazeem: Oga tell him to bring Belgium V8 pump. I no just trust all these new pumps.
(I just open mouth dey look Kazeem)
Me: Brotherly, abeg you get V8 pump for my ride? Kazeem say na V8 better ooo

Bro: Wetin happen to the one he bin put.
(After narrating to him what happened)

Bro: Tell Kazeem to call electrician to check that car.

Me: Kazeem, plz call your brother to come check the electrical side of this car.

Kazeem brother came finally, did his magic and the car started to work. Was so tired that I just drove my car and stopped at Akwa Ibom woman's place to by Editan soup with fufu. Came back to start the car, put key in ignition, opened the ignition and was hearing some humming sound from the fuel pump chamber. Tried starting the car and hard a cranky sound as it started, then it went off again. Tried it again, same thing, finally on the 3rd try it started. Discovered temperature was high and compressor wasn't coming up again. Got down, check engine room and saw that radiator fan was disconnected.

Kai!!! I feel like killing Kazeem right now.

I am just at home and thinking how to handle Kazeem and him brother
You no go Kee persin with laugh o grin grin grin grin
The earlier you take care of Kazeem the better for you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
pope191:

Can I phone a friend?

Pls don't. Your friend will most likely phone another friend, I do not have much calltime cheesy

Just tell me how to set my destination or best route via bus - with Surulere/Ikeja as my take off.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin. Dem say
lol,my house no far bro,I just use back enter heyden,reverse go house jeje,nothing can spoil my Friday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hard Currency
Cryptocurrency
Digital Currency
Pastor Wilson Currency
Clitocurrency
Ovenocurrency

Acceptable only on Friday night rides on Uber/Taxifier.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
ajoks533:
So I got a user beep me up that he wants to buy my V6 Highlander... Called my guy to bring back the ride as he has been sampling it at his shop for sometime now.
He brought it and it was misfiring. Oga buyer said he can't detect if gear is selecting due to jerking. I told him to take 50k off my final asking price and fix the misfiring. He said no that I should go ND fix it. Then he can know if he would buy or not.
So my stressful ordeal started by asking my kazeem to fix the issue... He said it was Fuel pump and Starting coil... Oya buy and put. Las las it was still having little misfiring.

Me :Kazeem I want this engine to be stable, I don't need to be on the defensive side during this negotiation.

The misfiring comes to clearer when AC is on and car is in traffic and kinda 20% on speed).

Me: Wetin cause the misfiring na, abi you talk say na fuel and I don buy enough fuel. Moreover, the fuel gauge stopped working wetin cause am, it was working b4 you changed the pump.

(I was just tired and I needed to go home and shower then have something to eat. Drove the car few poles from his shop and entered one bad pothole and the engine just went off... Just the normal indicators showing on dashboard. Tried to start car again, no show)

Me: I don't understand, is this not a routine for faulty fuel pump? What nonsense is this Kazeem.

(Kazeem Came, tried all the magic in his power, said fuel pump is not pumping again and finally I told him I want to call my brother who sales spare parts at Alaoji)

Kazeem: Oga tell him to bring Belgium V8 pump. I no just trust all these new pumps.

Me: Kazeem, plz call your brother to come check the electrical side of this car.

Kazeem brother came finally, did his magic and the car started to work. Was so tired that I just drove my car and stopped at Akwa Ibom woman's place to by Editan soup with fufu. Came back to start the car, put key in ignition, opened the ignition and was hearing some humming sound from the fuel pump chamber. Tried starting the car and hard a cranky sound as it started, then it went off again. Tried it again, same thing, finally on the 3rd try it started. Discovered temperature was high and compressor wasn't coming up again. Got down, check engine room and saw that radiator fan was disconnected.

Certain car issues can really make one run made. Sometimes you'll wish its a really bad dream and it will all go away once you wake up. Ditch these kazeems and look for a better repair shop to go. Sometimes googling also helps to narrow down the issue.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

Certain car issues can really make one run made. Sometimes you'll wish its a really bad dream and it will all go away once you wake up. Ditch these kazeems and look for a better repair shop to go. Sometimes googling also helps to narrow down the issue.

Have been to one repair shop.. They claim to have a Chinese man as boss... Ended up spending my small hard earned money that year and still left with the car at a worst state.
Whereas, some Kazeem know their job.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

Pls don't. Your friend will most likely phone another friend, I do not have much calltime cheesy

Just tell me how to set my destination or best route via bus - with Surulere/Ikeja as my take off.

Pocco why you no like to drive your 2015 SUV na? Ask aunty radu, to park moto without driving for long time dey knock engine o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
ajoks533:

Have been to one repair shop.. They claim to have a Chinese man as boss... Ended up spending my small hard earned money that year and still left with the car at a worst state.
Whereas, some Kazeem know their job.

Wetin make local man talk? Lets pray!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

Pocco why you no like to drive your 2015 SUV na? Ask aunty radu, to park moto without driving for long time dey knock engine o.

My car isn't available. Not like I would have used it though, I only drive to places I am very familiar with- like work and my boyfriends houses grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

She's not picking her phone self cheesy

Going through Ikeja... Use Akowonjo to idimu
Going through lere.... I think mushine road to isolo is better

Can't think well now, my head is doing over heating ajah back to mainland, another round to island from 6 30 am now thinking of traffic on 3MB
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
[quote author=rawitools post=83774509]House please i need a car for HP used corolla uber standard i have 300k down payment.[/quot
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

My car isn't available. Not like I would have used it though, I only drive to places I am very familiar with- like work and my boyfriends houses grin

Could make myself available for offline if you don't mind. clitocurrecy is not allowed sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
pope191:

She's not picking her phone self cheesy

Going through Ikeja... Use Akowonjo to idimu
Going through lere.... I think mushine road to isolo is better

Can't think well now, my head is doing over heating ajah back to mainland, another round to island from 6 30 am now thinking of traffic on 3MB

cheesy cheesy

Pele Sir. Heard traffic was mad across 3MB due to the roads they are working on. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

Could make myself available for offline if you don't mind. clitocurrecy is not allowed sha.

Lmao. That was never an option sef. I done use my own do treasury bills. I'll reach her and get in touch. cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

Before you enter one way and Omo ale local government touts jump out and clamp your tires

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao. That was never an option sef. I done use my own do treasury bills. I'll reach her and get in touch. cheesy

This pikin you too get sense. There's vacancy for a second wife, feel free to apply, will consider you sharp sharp.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daima: 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Y not get your own car, u can add some few more thousand and get you vehicle. Trust me it's better than delivering. Chat me I can recommend vehicles Less than 500k you can use for uber.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

@aunty radu: I would say 120k

Ose
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

This pikin you too get sense. There's vacancy for a second wife, feel free to apply, will consider you sharp sharp.

Lol. You are married?
Ah! I will pass grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
ornicus:

Before you enter one way and Omo ale local government touts jump out and clamp your tires

My exact fear. All my phonetics won't save me in that situation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
pocohantas:

grin ah memories
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Crvrider:

Is first wife aware of this vacancy lipsrsealed grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
radautoworks:

Is first wife aware of this vacancy lipsrsealed grin

She did the drafting. She complains that I have more s-e-x drive than an uber driver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2019
pocohantas:

cheesy cheesy

Pele Sir. Heard traffic was mad across 3MB due to the roads they are working on. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate

Got home ard 11:30, d traffic was lite.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 5:50am On Nov 09, 2019
radautoworks:

grin ah memories

Hmm... In Agape Love Band's voice... Thank you for saving me, thank you my lord, oshe baba mi, oshe oooo.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:07am On Nov 09, 2019
Seniors, pls wat cud be wrong with dis corolla .

Yestday evening ,on my way home.

I start engine, engage d gear to 'R'. Then reversed , afterwards engaged to 'D'.

Normally, the dashboard lights up in lyk 2secs after d 'D' is engaged.

But yestday evening, d dashboard didn't light up.

I also noticed, DTS yestday, when I slow down to enter pothole, it doesn't move immediately after pressing d accelerator, it stalls a bit, then all of a sudden it moves quickly wt speed.

Pls anyone here experienced such before?

Cc: Seniors, Gazzuzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enano2baba(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2019
northbird:
Seniors, pls wat cud be wrong with dis corolla .

Yestday evening ,on my way home.

I start engine, engage d gear to 'R'. Then reversed , afterwards engaged to 'D'.

Normally, the dashboard lights up in lyk 2secs after d 'D' is engaged.

But yestday evening, d dashboard didn't light up.

I also noticed, DTS yestday, when I slow down to enter pothole, it doesn't move immediately after pressing d accelerator, it stalls a bit, then all of a sudden it moves quickly wt speed.

Pls anyone here experienced such before?

Cc: Seniors, Gazzuzz

I think it has to do with the transmission oil
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2019
Hi guys, please I need tips on how to increase ground clearance of my 03 camry. It's very close to the ground.

Any tips on tyre size to increase height? Any dangers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ochefio: 8:01am On Nov 09, 2019
[Check your exhaust to be sure its not blocked]So I got a user beep me up that he wants to buy my V6 Highlander... Called my guy to bring back the ride as he has been sampling it at his shop for sometime now.

[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2019
Crvrider:

She did the drafting. She complains that I have more s-e-x drive than an uber driver.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (5751) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.