Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,728 members, 7,975,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5147482 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (5832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2019
This morning dry o! Local man never get trip out of Maryland since 6am.
Na like this public holiday dey be?
Even for taxify app, places wey dey always get surge (Surulere, Shomolu, Unilag, Yaba, Oshodi-isolo dry no be small).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2019
Y1nka:

I would have hugged this offer, but naaah. My oa @tojahh already responded... �

Hahaha. Baba no dey whine me na...

Thanks anyway, together we go excel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:
Even for taxify app, places wey dey always get surge (Surulere, Shomolu, Unilag, Yaba, Oshodi-isolo dry no be small).

Most people are still sleeping. So be calm, pub holidays are always good just like Christmas. If you no get more than 5 rides before 2pm call me baskat grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2019
lin3r2:
How far bro, whats up?
that my car fail break two Saturdays ago, plus some other matter wey dey the car, naso i carry am jejely go give the owner mbok i no fit come die leave my family.

sorry i couldnt fulfill my promise to you. but we go still hook up soon enough. for now i am car less.

You would have fixed the brakes na.. Why drop the car because it failed brakes? Well like you said, SOME OTHER MATTERS DEY THE CAR.

Just be focused we go get a good deal besides how far with the HP? Make we collide for WhatsApp when you're chanced.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2019
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle....

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around.....

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:
Surge on public holiday morning grin kolewerk! Things will b dry till noon, evening will b fun.... I've only done 500 naira trip since morning, I only came out with d mindset of anyhow it goes, cos I have other engagement during d day. It is well boss, just hold tight.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:22am On Nov 11, 2019
tojahh:

Most people are still sleeping. So be calm, pub holidays are always good just like Christmas. If you no get more than 5 rides before 2pm call me baskat grin

Boss public holiday can make one sick, it all depend on d kind of holiday tough
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2019
Appeal to riders:

1. Please stop shifting A/C vent to drivers when its getting too much for u, no one plans to d*e young.

2. Stop eating fried rice and chicken in front of drivers that are yet to have combination of breakfast and lunch. grin

We too will b human being, what's good for the goose is also good for d gander grin

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2019
hefelove:
Good morning my ogas. Please is this phone good for uber? It's a dual sim too

Tecno pouvior2
Model:Techno LA7
Android version:8.1.0
RAM:3.00GB
ROM:16.00GB
Battery:5000mAH

My guy bought that phone for these job when he was about to start and found out that the uber app doesn't work on the OS. So it can't be used for the e hail business, try and get a Samsung
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2019
Kala11:
Elders in the house,

Pls what's the implication of having a current rating as 4.25 and activity score as 95% on taxify

Also, I've been noticing this strange sound each time I accelerate on a long distance once I hold the brake it makes pooooo and one horrible gbugbugbu sound from the boot as if a luggage is not properly positioned. What could possibly be wrong?

Have you checked your exhaust to see whether it's loose?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2019
hefelove:

Tecno pouvior2

if by uber you also mean taxify.
I know someone who uses a techno dual sim on uber n taxify n according to him. He has no issues.

My advice:

If you HV bought the phone, try it on taxify first. Put only one sim card( in the slot, this is important). N use it for a day to see how things work.

All the hype about no use of 2sim phone on uber is hogwash.

From my little experience using phone to track clients.

These are the most impt attribute a good phone shd HV. Weda one sim or dual.

GPS- cos dis is wat calculates your distance covered vis- a- vis ur starting point.
Cos, you get money mainly by covering Kilometres.

RAM- speed to work wt d app n quickly calculate fares.

Battery- ( not too neccasry) cos phone will always be connected to car charger.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

Same here bro.
Came out 6am, waited till 8am no sound at all.
I just got home now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2019
dru23:

Which other business can bring cash flow ? Abi na car business you want advice. Abi na business which you go buy goods and sit for months before you sell . ... let us know so that I can divert to it.. I need ideas
reading and understanding matter a lot..coooks suggested mrdraey should continue with his 9-5jobs,drive on wkeends to test waters which I very much agree but doing ehailing full time with 10 cars while still having d job @hand is what I will neva agree to...
having various streams of income goes a long way if d opportunity comes by or drug23 oh sorry dru23 y do u sell engine oil of various brands, transmission fluids, coolants, have fleets of cars for ehailing and still have a job if really u would be financially OK with the monday/Tuesdays alerts as it were...
There are a couple of big boys and girls with fleet of cars on ehailing working in d govt and private sector as well as lastma officials who owns 2-6 commercial buses,Okada and keke plying lagos roads and various different routes on a daily basis.. Would u advice they quit their respective govt/private jobs??
peeps4u, tojahh have also done well by suggesting mrdraey should make down-payment, xplore d market and he should stick to what works for him...
Furthermore, mrdraey kindly explore d market, December is around d corner whereby most companies will be on hols then u can drive full time and make cool good cash with delicious traffic, surge and bonuses..
6 months is OK to test water and please don't hesitate to seek for help on the platform for assistance... Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:
Appeal to riders:

1. Please stop shifting A/C vent to drivers when its getting too much for u, no one plans to d*e young.

2. Stop eating fried rice and chicken in front of drivers that are yet to have combination of breakfast and lunch. grin

We too will b human being, what's good for the goose is also good for d gander grin

If they turn it to my side, I close it immediately. If they said I should leave it, I'll tell them I don't equally need it, cos I always close my left side in the morning and night.

They either turn it back to themselves or face it up.

Sometimes in the night we will close all 3, the only one that will be open is the one I hanged my phone on.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:18am On Nov 11, 2019
seun289:
reading and understanding matter a lot..coooks suggested mrdraey should continue with his 9-5jobs,drive on wkeends to test waters which I very much agree but doing ehailing full time with 10 cars while still having d job @hand is what I will neva agree to...
having various streams of income goes a long way if d opportunity comes by or drug23 oh sorry dru23 y do u sell engine oil of various brands, transmission fluids, coolants, have fleets of cars for ehailing and still have a job if really u would be financially OK with the monday/Tuesdays alerts as it were...
There are a couple of big boys and girls with fleet of cars on ehailing working in d govt and private sector as well as lastma officials who owns 2-6 commercial buses,Okada and keke plying lagos roads and various different routes on a daily basis.. Would u advice they quit their respective govt/private jobs??
peeps4u, tojahh have also done well by suggesting mrdraey should make down-payment, xplore d market and he should stick to what works for him...
Furthermore, mrdraey kindly explore d market, December is around d corner whereby most companies will be on hols then u can drive full time and make cool good cash with delicious traffic, surge and bonuses..
6 months is OK to test water and please don't hesitate to seek for help on the platform for assistance... Cheers

Who told you he has a job?

HIs job is monitoring his cars with his tracker, to who is working and who is offline. And call them to scold when offline.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:42am On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:
Appeal to riders:

In as much as you are in charge of the steering wheel also be in charge of your ac knob. If the car gets too cold for comfort you do not need the permission of any rider to occasionally regulate the temperature of the car by turning the ac on and off.

The other day I was driving home from work, I didn't even put the thing on high, as I stop to buy fuel nobody give me brain as I won freeze die. I just quietly off the ac.

The rider will alight when they get to their destination, but you, you are likely to get another request which means you're in it almost all day.

Enjoyment is eating a good and well prepared meal. Enjoyment no be to blow ac die.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2019
hefelove:

Tecno pouvior2

I have been using dual sim Techno phone on uber, a 3G phone. I have never had issues. Dual sim has even been of help to me, there are times, in some places I go to, I don't get network in one sim, I switch to the other sim and keep moving. If I wasn't using dual sim, I may be stuck when one network provider starts fluctuating. The problem you have in Nigeria is poor network. Even if you get a single sim phone, no matter the names they go by, if the network is bad, it would still affect your job. I'm planning to get a 4G phone soon, possibly dual sim too. Network is always the issue in Nigeria, not the phone. Any 3G phone with good GPS is okay.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pascal411: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2019
hefelove:

Tecno pouvior2

yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Moso(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2019
TOKUNBO TOYOTA CAMRY 05
Owner needs money urgently the car is working perfectly and okay nothing to fix on it
Lagos cleared
PRICE : 1.4M
Call for more details

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:22am On Nov 11, 2019
Crvrider:

In as much as you are in charge of the steering wheel also be in charge of your ac knob. If the car gets too cold for comfort you do not need the permission of any rider to occasionally regulate the temperature of the car by turning the ac on and off.

The other day I was driving home from work, I didn't even put the thing on high, as I stop to buy fuel nobody give me brain as I won freeze die. I just quietly off the ac.

The rider will alight when they get to their destination, but you, you are likely to get another request which means you're in it almost all day.

Enjoyment is eating a good and well prepared meal. Enjoyment no be to blow ac die.

We just love abusing things. You will see people obviously feeling cold under AC with turtle neck or suit but still putting the AC high. Isn't it supposed to condition the weather? Must it be to the extent of shivering?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2019
ndubuis:
I have been using dual sim Techno phone on uber, a 3G phone. I have never had issues. Dual sim has even been of help to me, there are times, in some places I go to, I don't get network in one sim, I switch to the other sim and keep moving. If I wasn't using dual sim, I may be stuck when one network provider starts fluctuating. The problem you have in Nigeria is poor network. Even if you get a single sim phone, no matter the names they go by, if the network is bad, it would still affect your job. I'm planning to get a 4G phone soon, possibly dual sim too. Network is always the issue in Nigeria, not the phone. Any 3G phone with good GPS is okay.

So the single sim phone is just a myth created by these platforms? Sounds reasonable because no connection between dual sim and phone's GPS. RAM and network are more important.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2019
peeps4u:

We just love abusing things. You will see people obviously feeling cold under AC with turtle neck or suit but still putting the AC high. Isn't it supposed to condition the weather? Must it be to the extent of shivering?

Funny. There's this colleague of mine at the office always complaining of the ac being too much. For my mind I laugh each time she starts her complain because na her type go enter uber begin ask, "oga is this your ac working at all"?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2019
Crvrider:

Funny. There's this colleague of mine at the office always complaining of the ac being too much. For my mind I laugh each time she starts her complain because na her type go enter uber begin ask, "oga is this your ac working at all"?
Last time in Ghana, the uber I rode had no ac.
With tinted windows too.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

Last time in Ghana, the uber I rode had no ac.
With tinted windows too.

Does uber Ghana operate with different rules than uber Nigeria?

You would have complained. I wonder what line of reasoning he would have given. You seem to be the second person saying this, which means its actually a norm in Ghana

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:39am On Nov 11, 2019
donfortune48:

If they turn it to my side, I close it immediately. If they said I should leave it, I'll tell them I don't equally need it, cos I always close my left side in the morning and night.

They either turn it back to themselves or face it up.

Sometimes in the night we will close all 3, the only one that will be open is the one I hanged my phone on.

Lately I've been observing the way they will just push d vent to my face, I'll just crack a smile and face d vent off or reduce d A/c

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2019
peeps4u:

Remind me of a lady. Immediately she entered d car, next was for her to reach for the A/c vent, doing al manner of adjustment... Me, I'm just laffing inside, covered some distance and I notice d thing is already hitting d wrong place, but her pride won't let her reduce d A/c, before we get half way to her destination, she's already pullin catarrh back grin my belle just deh sweet me, we both d*e here today, sha no let d catarrh drop for sit grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2019
Crvrider:

I only feel cold at night, I'm kind off use to d a/c temp during the day, I'm good to go once I shift the left side to d windwow.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2019
Crvrider:

Does uber Ghana operate with different rules than uber Nigeria?

You would have complained. I wonder what line of reasoning he would have given. You seem to be the second person saying this, which means its actually a norm in Ghana
Complain to Mensah or koffo?

Ac is an option. So I was told.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
peeps4u:

So the single sim phone is just a myth created by these platforms? Sounds reasonable because no connection between dual sim and phone's GPS. RAM and network are more important.

See details of what the phone must have

1-Navigation chip: GPS & GLONASS
2-processor size: octa core
3-Clock speed: 2GHZ
4-Processor chip: mediatek/ snapdragon (and must be recent once.

Try to get a phone that has exactly 1 & 2, then the clock speed can be neglected.

PS.... Get a Samsung phone my friend. Why do you think majority of the driver uses Samsung phone? I think they are built for navigation. Our Nigerian brand phone doesn't take these option serious because where are we navigating to, they only hammer or focus on battery strength and camara quality. I started with hot 6 and I hear kehkeh. The navigation capability of the phone was not it, trip that is suppose to be 2k you will end up seeing 1700.

I repeat these particular povuer2 when my guy bought it for uber the app doesn't run on the OS. I don't know about now if they have upgraded or fix the bug..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
H

May God continue to protect us
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:

I only feel cold at night, I'm kind off use to d a/c temp during the day, I'm good to go once I shift the left side to d windwow.

When I was a bit younger the thing dey sweet me, the ceiling fan regulator will be at the highest despite feeling cold, still i will resist putting the fan off.

One of our big bros in the neighborhood back then almost died because he thought he was enjoying himself. If not for his wife who came into the room at the nick of time, bros for die on top bed.

He had the ac in his room on and slept off, only for him to wake up to find out he could not move his body neither was he able to call for help. This story is no joke. Las las from that day onwards local man begin respect ac.

Just be wise sha. Some riders only get the opportunity to experience this in uber cars and nowhere else. Like I said earlier riders will alight at their destination, but you, you continue with another rider.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
donfortune48:

Who told you he has a job?

HIs job is monitoring his cars with his tracker, to who is working and who is offline. And call them to scold when offline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (5832) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: vivalavida(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.