Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4914107 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (5728) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
peeps4u:

So the single sim phone is just a myth created by these platforms? Sounds reasonable because no connection between dual sim and phone's GPS. RAM and network are more important.
Exactly my point. You captured it well.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mammanbawa: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
Why you need to tint your car windows and get a legit tinted glass permit,

1) to avoid any form of harassment from law enforcement agencies

2) Driving becomes more comfortable as your vehicle feels cooler under the hot sun when compared to non tinted vehicles

3) more privacy, you feel more like in a private space away from prying eyes

4) more offline deals, more clients will like to use your service as they like the elegance and extra comfort a tinted glass gives

Contact me for your legit tint permit both for factory fitted and non factory fitted tint.

WhatsApp only 08037350669

What's your price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
donfortune48:

You know say women get wahala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:
Appeal to riders:

1. Please stop shifting A/C vent to drivers when its getting too much for u, no one plans to d*e young.

2. Stop eating fried rice and chicken in front of drivers that are yet to have combination of breakfast and lunch. grin

We too will b human being, what's good for the goose is also good for d gander grin

Try that nonsense of eating in someone's car overseas and see what happens mmchew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
Some people will still say drivers should not "cherry pick" trips..me oo, I will continue to "Chevy" pick trips

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
adsmaster:

See details of what the phone must have

1-Navigation chip: GPS & GLONASS
2-processor size: octa core
3-Clock speed: 2GHZ
4-Processor chip: mediatek/ snapdragon (and must be recent once.

Try to get a phone that has exactly 1 & 2, then the clock speed can be neglected.

PS.... Get a Samsung phone my friend. Why do you think majority of the driver uses Samsung phone? I think they are built for navigation. Our Nigerian brand phone doesn't take these option serious because where are we navigating to, they only hammer or focus on battery strength and camara quality. I started with hot 6 and I hear kehkeh. The navigation capability of the phone was not it, trip that is suppose to be 2k you will end up seeing 1700.

I repeat these particular povuer2 when my guy bought it for uber the app doesn't run on the OS. I don't know about now if they have upgraded or fix the bug..
Do you have any prove that phone affect trip fares? If my phone GPS while using map, tells me when to turn right or left at the right time, reminds me 600meters before a turn, tells me when I have reached my destination, I see no reason why it will wrongly calculate fares and distance covered. If ever it does, the difference will be inconsequential. I for one hate Samsung products because they aren't durable, from experience. I stick to any other good phone that will last for me. I don't like talking about personal earnings. But, If my fare isn't being calculated properly because of the phone I'm using, I wonder how I was able to wreck in 65k two weeks ago, 55k last week doing uber on part time and using a Techno phone. Like someone rightly pointed out, it's the network, GPS and phone's ram that count and no phone is specifically built for navigation. If you are using a "Samsung Whatever" and Glo network refuses to work on the mainland as it usually does, so you will throw your phone away and buy an IPhone the next time? Right?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=83931279][/quote]

Nobi all women nah.
It's just a general term.

Me know say you no follow.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5522362/taxify-driver-awaiting-youth-service.

This is for every one esp. People like me the greenhorns. If you are not safe with a ride @ night . cancel it. If uber or taxify blocks you. It is not the end of your life.

All those that come n here n spew rubbish on . you can't cherrypick trips bla bla. .
I'm sure the female rider saw @ firsthand why drivers thread wt caution @ nite.

The day I was going to festac. N we got to , is it mile 2 now or 12. I noticed my rider was telling me to speed up under that rough road by under the bridge.

Telling me , your car must not break down @ dis spot, you ditch it. N save yourself first.

N I don't want anybody telling me all jobs have hazards n all that HR balderdash.

Two good eyes . just like that...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
northbird:

This is for every one esp. People like me the greenhorns. If you are not safe with a ride @ night . cancel it. If uber or taxify blocks you. It is not the end of your life.

All those that come n here n spew rubbish on . you can't cherrypick trips bla bla. .

The day I was going to festac. N we got to , is it mile 2 now or 12. I noticed my rider was telling me to speed up under that rough road by under the bridge.

Telling me , your car must not break down @ dis spot, you ditch it. N save yourself first.

N I don't want anybody telling me all jobs have hazards n all that HR balderdash.

Two good eyes all in the name of customer service..

Read dat thread with tears cry in my eyes
And its not even about driving at night..at least 70% still drive by 8pm

Its just about God's grace and favour..some people don dey d hustle for years without any scratch on their cars talkless of themselves

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please is there any one close to Alimosho at the moment? Movement from Alimosho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
SaintHilary:

Its just about God's grace and favour..some people don dey d hustle for years without any scratch on their cars talkless of themselves

I can't hold back tears too brother.
Look at what those mobtops did to this fine young man.
I think I'll adopt Tunlapapa's strategy from now on, anything beyond 7pm, i'm calling it a day, irrespective of how much I've made.
Someone once advised on this thread that we should be careful and reject any trip that would take us to Eko bridge /Bariga /Shomolu /Oshodi/ibeju lekki at night unless you live around that area .
May God safe us from us in this country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
SaintHilary:

Na God ooh.
I know how many times I don dey unknown zone for Ajah for awoyaya in d night.
D elders wey say no dey work for night know wetin dem don see. All d people wey dey drive for more than 2years naah d real hustlers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
Sincerely, after reading that thread, I now fully recognize that's it's God that has been saving me

I love night work ehn... sad Friday Night, Saturday night, and sometimes Sunday night.. I no dey use dem play

May God continue to save us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

I think I'll adopt Tunlapapa's strategy from now on, anything beyond 7pm, i'm calling it a day, irrespective of how much I've made
Someone once advised on this thread that we should be careful and reject any trip that would take us to Eko bridge /Bariga /Shomolu /Oshodi/ibeju lekki at night unless you live around that area .

I tell u bro.. but when u consider those on HP its very very difficult
Lets just pray for grace..dis kinda news is very demoralizing

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Try that nonsense of eating in someone's car overseas and see what happens mmchew.

We have diffrent culture here

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
northbird:

Come to think of it, the punks maybe somewhere bragging about the act. Local man can't seem to comprehend how we turn into monsters from the cute little babies that we were once upon a time.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:

Surge on public holiday morning grin kolewerk! Things will b dry till noon, evening will b fun.... I've only done 500 naira trip since morning, I only came out with d mindset of anyhow it goes, cos I have other engagement during d day. It is well boss, just hold tight.

My boss, my intention this week is to beat last week earnings but today is just one of those days, you wish you never put on your App.
Did just 2 trips (Ikeja & ikorodu) and since then my App has been staring me in the eyes.
Hopefully, tomorrow would be better but the news about that young fella is sending a shiver through my spine.
I was about to branch at one Amala joint in my area but local man cannot eat again.
May the good Lord continue to spread his protection over everyone of us.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

I think I'll adopt Tunlapapa's strategy from now on, anything beyond 7pm, i'm calling it a day, irrespective of how much I've made.

I read d stuff since 3pm and I'm yet to put myself together, I don't even k ow what to think, we all have different approach and how our instinct work in dis business, but its still grace that pulls everyone through. Saying this, it's a normal routine for traffic to b in all road from 5 to 10pm (so, it could b any1), mostly I've learnt to sleep a good sleep inside the car, watch movie once its 7pm or pick my trips, on Friday if you see d way I was rejecting Gbageda trips after work, any road I know dat is bound to b drag or traffic at night I aviod it. One can not b perfect, but let's b on guide as much as we can b. It is well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

My boss, my intention this week is to beat last week earnings but today is just one of those days, you wish you never put on your App.
Did just 2 trips (Ikeja & ikorodu) and since then my App has been staring me in the eyes.
Hopefully, tomorrow would be better but the news about that young fella is sending a shiver through my spine.
I was about to branch at one Amala joint in my area but local man cannot eat again.

Public holiday dey always dry like that
Especially in some Area's
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

Boss go and eat, stuffs happen, we r almost at war front in life, all I can say is prayers! Prayers!! Nothing more... Have u ever tot of tanker victims? That was why I told you not to hold anytin to heart, live freely as u go after ur purpose. Everything in dis life will surely come to an end, our prayer should always b not to b useless before d time is up.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CareerBegger: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
northbird:

I saw the thread on Front page. It's really saddening
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
peacefulhome:
Please is there any one close to Alimosho at the moment? Movement from Alimosho to ilepo alahji around ikotun side.

Modify
What happening, guys dey provoke oh. Is there much traffic on Egbeda ? Habi ki Love shey le? Once my friend tell them destination guys go just say am sorry am not going.
grin grin. Na mumu location be dat

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin. Na mumu location be dat

No wonder. Thanks for the feedback back.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
izzou:
Sincerely, after reading that thread, I now fully recognize that's it's God that has been saving me

I love night work ehn... sad Friday Night, Saturday night, and sometimes Sunday night.. I no dey use dem play

May God continue to save us

Amen.

The risk we go through just to make this paper no be small thing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
chucsmoore:

Amen.

The risk we go through just to make this paper no be small thing.

May God continue to protect all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

You dare jot even mess up driver's cars there. It is here anything goes.
Just recently, Barkley, a Chelsea player, messed up a driver's car, refused to pay the charge for cleaning of the car, claiming he had no cash, the driver drove him to police and was forced by the police to go and withdraw from AtM and pay the driver.

Here, reverse is the case.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
ndubuis:
Do you have any prove that phone affect trip fares? If my phone GPS while using map, tells me when to turn right or left at the right time, reminds me 600meters before a turn, tells me when I have reached my destination, I see no reason why it will wrongly calculate fares and distance covered. If ever it does, the difference will be inconsequential. I for one hate Samsung products because they aren't durable, from experience. I stick to any other good phone that will last for me. I don't like talking about personal earnings. But, If my fare isn't being calculated properly because of the phone I'm using, I wonder how I was able to wreck in 65k two weeks ago, 55k last week doing uber on part time and using a Techno phone. Like someone rightly pointed out, it's the network, GPS and phone's ram that count and no phone is specifically built for navigation. If you are using a "Samsung Whatever" and Glo network refuses to work on the mainland as it usually does, so you will throw your phone away and buy an IPhone the next time? Right?

When your GPS is inaccurate, your location pings about coz the satellite can't lock on your position so your fare could be inflated or the opposite.
Imagine you have straight lines instead of your actual route as illustrated in the screenshot.
That is why GPS must be on point.
Samsung and other high end manufacturers have GPS (American) Galileo (European) and BDS (Chinese) satellites to lock on. Hence...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
Freshprince91:

Add Mile 2 to the list. Reject that area at night. Don't let anyone guilt trip you with"drivers shouldn't cherry pick or cancel trips". It is your car and life at stake here, not uber's. Uber still continues despite this young man's death, no kobo will be paid to the guy's family or owner of the car.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
pope191:

Surge on public holiday morning grin kolewerk! Things will b dry till noon, evening will b fun.... I've only done 500 naira trip since morning, I only came out with d mindset of anyhow it goes, cos I have other engagement during d day. It is well boss, just hold tight.
Today everywhere just dry. I did 2 trips in the morning, I went home rested all day. Weekend was fun and challenging. Bolt just dey knack me Card trips. Eventually the hustle paid off. They credited my account N24,000 naira only

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kala11(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
donfortune48:

Have you checked your exhaust to see whether it's loose?

I did not though. I took to my mechanic in ladipo today where he said it's the brake pad and has been fixed.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
izzou:

May God continue to protect all of us.
December is around d corner. Everyone should be careful of their movement, most especially at night.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
chucsmoore:
December is around d corner. Everyone should be careful of their movement, most especially at night.
Most especially corolla boys.
I can't drive that car past 6pm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (5728) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.