Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,007 members, 7,880,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:16 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4922706 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4309) (4310) (4311) (4312) (4313) (4314) (4315) ... (5733) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 7:36am On Dec 14, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Nah! Road was okay, na via Ipaja i use link ota from there thru covenant uni straight to where we dey go. I don dey push that maintenance for a while , since i don get bulk cash na to close eye do am before something else go happen.

You don buy the disc and pad? I go like know how much you buy them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Some riders be like, what is wrong with bolt these days?
One even said bolt is just charging nonsense, Lol. We know but we are enjoying the nonsense, leave am like that.
grin grin
I wish they continue charging nonsense like this, nonsense good sometimes ooo.
In fact there is sense in every nonsense.
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:18am On Dec 14, 2021
komodapson:

Let's have an intellectual discussion about these two platforms. note: intellectual discussion not an Argument/debate...

I careless about all platforms, I'm not their agent and not willing to be one ambassador

Now....I'm of the opinion, if a driver was to use the indriver platform, he needs to be smart. Here is it, previously someone embarked on a bolt trip from LUTH - Unilag and it ended N2900.
(Surge or No surge)

So he is to pay %23 commission...N667
He earns N2233...
A Driver might decide to go on such trip on indriver for N2400
With %9.5 commission - N228
He earns N2172...
Arguably - the difference is N61 (quite negligible)

Now, here lies the caveat...ensure the route you wan' go is of less traffic and short. Or better still ensure you drive against traffic.

Now, in this hustle....Time is of essence...for someone like me, I drive max - 4 days a week, I don't chase bonuses, if it comes- fine, if does not al'amdulilahi...

Like Pearl 1960 pleaded with a driver to move from toll gate lekki to wemco N3500 around 1p.m...without commission... Why not? You move ....Why wait for yeye surge, why drive back to a surge area and wait till you get offers at most N4500, closing hour....why not go wemco drop off and go position to alausa..begin your shuttle Ikeja - surulere back to Ikeja or magodo back n forth...

Time is key and Health is paramount...

In a nutshell....in this hustle, once you meet your target...ure good to go...

There's absolutely nothing bad in achieving your dream of a N1M, but your Chest and car go hear Pansa Pansa... (Ref - BAZOO)
Your mental health also - the oloshos with the prefix "Òga" appellation grin

I don carry biro and paper to note.
As it stands Uber is winning on paper
Cos my bolt inspection expired on Saturday I went to my painter last week to paint d two doors no dent just paint.
D man get like 6cars to paint and asked me to come back dis week.
I met major Generals of lazy D at lekki phase 2 under shade who told me to go and do inspection dt it will pass.

I will go and try inspection if it pass I continue with bolt but if it fails and painter no get chance Na to port to Uber and be pursuing 2%

My mind tells me Uber is better but Being blind to destination is my fear

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2021
Johnchrix:

Thanks boss I go enter there today or tomorrow, I still de wait for your alert thanks sir. Abeg them still de This addrees I got online?

Any update from moove?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:08am On Dec 14, 2021
The truth is, even if bolt jack up rates to 25%, nobody will do anything cos there is no regulation . LASG is happy, as long as ₦20 per trip keeps dropping into their Aza.

Only if Uber can do the needful and open up destination, ( I know they won't) then they might close up the gap.
As it stands, Bolt still leads.
When a rider is tired of waiting forever for a ride, he/she opts for Bolt inspite of being slight higher.

InDriver : I was expecting them to disrupt the status quo, highly disappointed, they are quite content with the crumbs they get.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2021
tunlapapa:

Any update from moove?

I'm at their office now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2021
chillex8:

You haven't unlocked it yet? undecided
You are jonzing. Mehn are cruising on 2% rai-now.
You gerrit wink

Any body who don't gerit should forget abouritgrin

Yeyegbami Baz001 gentlelife50 mejia help us with that meme abeg.

You gerit? If you don't gerit forget abourit

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Palliativessssss
Palliativesssssssssssssss full NYSC camp iyana ipaja.

With plenty steww...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

We @ Pearl @Bolt will be waiting for your usual song praising bolt again, how you want to marry Bolt again... Shey be na Felicity001 grin

No mind pearl the guy too like bolt even if bolt bankrupt pearl will still be loyal to hergrin

But as for me? Me na confirm naija politician with Any where belle face.

As e dey hot so, na Uber for now

No loyalty in this racketting
Not even to your partner, rider (online or offline) or to the app.

I am f**king independent.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
YeyeGbami:

I got one request from papa ajao around 6AM this morning on uber, as i call the rider say make i drop story say i can’t come cos i dey far.

Omo this bros dey plead with me ni o, say make i try come. If no b say mushin na my turf i won’t go that early, naso i reach picked him and his woman with two cooler. One filled with better shayo and the other fried ram meat.

He said they’re going to atan lmao! He say make i cancel the trip say make we do offline , if una see how these people fragrance dey ooze freshness. Young couple, see gold everywhere
Naso bros say make i bring aza and he sent me 20K that morning and promised to balance me on our way back.

To cut story short, na house warming we go. Lowkey inside compound party. 20K bal hit my aza after i drop them around 5PM.

Unfortunately, tomorrow i dey go buy brake disk and pads.

How much for breakdisk and pad compare to 40k guy!

Shey na tear rubber breakdisk andbpad you replace b4 u embarked on that trip? Bro your breakdisk and pad has been bad b4 then so don't blame it onnthe road though I know the road to that place is terrible but menh that guy do you welllll...

Na that kind trip I dey always pray to God for iJn amen!.

Na so me self get one trip to prayer city on Sunday I engaged the guy and he agreed to pay 15k... To and fro with time spent there was not up to an hour. I still enter road hustle as I won close I set destination from Lekki ph1 na so uber nack me ishaga afyer fagba... The girls called na so them start to beg for offline. I collect 10k.

C me c my house... Took 1bottle of Goldberg enter house sleep.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
donfortune48:

What the hell is booking fee when there's a base fare?

Thank! Being waiting to hear this since this argument came up?

Well, I'm not interested though, if my account was still open, they would have heard from me by mail should I see any discrepancy on my earnings.

What sense does it make,

Booking fee (3%)
Base fare (fixed price) N260
Driver's commission: 20%
Total Commission charges: 23% from the total sum collected from the rider yet you claim the driver is not being charged the 23% but 20%.

This is nothing but double taxation/robbery on the path of both the riders and the drivers because you've already charged a base fare which is same as booking fee. Now you collect 20% from that N260 from the driver and also collect an extra 3% of the total sum not just on the booking fee even.

This is daylight robbery and this fight is not just for the drivers alone to fight but also for the riders as well... The country is hard already and we can't keep allowing all of these ill happenings going on

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
geezyk:
Ok then, how do you then calculate the 3% booking fee from a 600N trip, or probably they don't add it to insignificant fares or they add it to fares 1k and above.

The fact still remains that instead of adding 3% booking fee and subtly adding to commission deducted, why not increase fare and then increase commission afterwards, that's a fair bargain.

I bet you they know what they're doing, this is just the pilot episode, wait for when the real drama begins.

First we haven to establish the fact that base fare is same as booking fee or that booking fee is part of base fare or let's call on our honourable bolt agent the one and only honorable pearl1910 to come and explain to us the meaning and dichotomy of these two charges phrases so we can head forward to knowing what is what and what to say about this subject.

We must first define the problem going forward.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
Barbiturate:

You don buy the disc and pad? I go like know how much you buy them

both front disc 11K not new
brake pads 10K.

Na corolla, i think camry might be different in price
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
Imagine for about an hour. Everything set. No gbam gbam.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

How much for breakdisk and pad compare to 40k guy!

Na used disk i bought, they say all those new chinese disk dey scatter under heat ( don’t know how true). Ofc the parts were due for change before yesterday boss.

The road no bad like that as the vehicle is not fully loaded, and i dey enter all the bad parts carefully. It was a fun trip really as i just sit for one corner dey observe, food and drinks on the house.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
olukaygold:

Whats the price range for the toks?

Same as your budget bro even in that Abuja you talked about you'll get very clean and well maintained naija use at a very cheap amount say 1m-1.4m just make sure you get a good Mercedes Benz mechanic and electrician and also an AC technician to go with you at different time for inspection. Pay them 10k or 20k each. You will be glad you did.

Abuja don't just need a car but luxury and fortunately, thats what you also said you need so why settle for less?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Felicity001 the Hoodlum president
Only you just take one full page of this thread.
Who no fear you no know anything.
Consistent in writing epistle
Consistent in getting blocked
Consistent in telling story as it is
Consistent in not being loyal to anybody both app coy or partners.
Consistent in sending riders out.
Consistent in praising MB it’s better than Toyota now.
Consistent on this thread

Unlike CheerfulGiver who came gun blazing for only 3 months posting dashboards cursing and abusing everybody on the thread.
But not consistent with the truth
Not consistent with dashboard posting
Not consistent with driving for 24/7/365 days

Hmm let me continue to be consistent in looting the palliatives before windier comes.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
BAZ001:
Palliativessssss
Palliativesssssssssssssss full NYSC camp iyana ipaja.

With plenty steww...

Agba! i dey agege like dis o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olukaygold(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

Same as your budget bro even in that Abuja you talked about you'll get very clean and well maintained naija use at a very cheap amount say 1m-1.4m just make sure you get a good Mercedes Benz mechanic and electrician and also an AC technician to go with you at different time for inspection. Pay them 10k or 20k each. You will be glad you did.

Abuja don't just need a car but luxury and fortunately, thats what you also said you need so why settle for less?
Wow! How about the level of fuel consumption compare to corolla?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2021
Felicity0001:

Any body who don't gerit should forget abouritgrin

Yeyegbami Baz001 gentlelife50 mejia help us with that meme abeg.

You gerit? If you don't gerit forget abourit

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omoba2012(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
I thought as much when person go work hardly get savings ...car go collect app go collect with parts hitting d roof...my brithers make we think...is it no husling back wards...i use a 2009 corrola and the parts no b here...this people no get joy...4 this economy...lets mobilize make mail them in mass indiviidually n lets let them know price charges are not really what it....abeg make we know wetin we go do like this like this...riders sef go come dey do anyhow....

Felicity0001:

Thank! Being waiting to hear this since this argument came up?

Well, I'm not interested though, if my account was still open, they would have heard from me by mail should I see any discrepancy on my earnings.

What sense does it make,

Booking fee (3%)
Base fare (fixed price) N260
Driver's commission: 20%
Total Commission charges: 23% from the total sum collected from the rider yet you claim the driver is not being charged the 23% but 20%.

This is nothing but double taxation/robbery on the path of both the riders and the drivers because you've already charged a base fare which is same as booking fee. Now you collect 20% from that N260 from the driver and also collect an extra 3% of the total sum not just on the booking fee even.

This is daylight robbery and this fight is not just for the drivers alone to fight but also for the riders as well... The country is hard already and we can't keep allowing all of these ill happenings going on

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
ThatNiccur:

I no go indulge the hypocrite, let the likes on my posts speak for itself.

Everyone knows his antics.

They're calling him a bolt agent and he is letting it get into his coconut head, don't be surprised, he might pull up someday at their office, to lobby for a proper deal.

That's his reason for defending them blindly, time to put his word to action, man chickened out. Him dey pick on one slight error from all my posts (normal pattern of trying to change the narrative).

I no go waste time dey flog dead horse, would not indulge him.

How your Camry na? (I for say oil sipping lemon limca but baba don apologize) grin

How the hustle bro? You don near your 1m? Looks like you've been doing 250k week in week out this December... wink

I thought I’ve seen it all with gentlelife50 but gradually have seen all the so called silent readers and observers being worse than the talkatives here.

So pearl get coconut head ? Eweeeee!!!
U get bad mouth ...
Just no go that oil sipping phrase cos my Hennessy is around d corner grin and the plane is resting

About the hustle, it’s very easy week in week out everywhere just dey stew dey go, 1M is surely welcoming me with open arms grin grin grin

[img]https://c./eFMqGgu5D9EAAAAM/shocked-shook.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
So what happens to 600 naira trips?
sandammy:

I don't think so bro.
Here is a breakdown receipt of my ride today. Riders still pay the booking fee.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
YeyeGbami:

brake pads 10K.

what year?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
eherbal:
what year?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
tunlapapa:

Any update from moove?

I had to visit their office again today. This is for Uber go. The car is for Hp ,18 months, they take everything you make daily. You are to do 72 trips weekly, then if u can meet up that 72 trips before Friday, whatever you make the following days of the week is Yours. You are to fuel the car, they give you 5500 every day Once you meet your daily target. ( Working for 10 hrs) . They handle the maintainance. After the 18 months the car is yours..Ogas in the house how una see am?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
BAZ001:

I don carry biro and paper to note.
As it stands Uber is winning on paper
Cos my bolt inspection expired on Saturday I went to my painter last week to paint d two doors no dent just paint.
D man get like 6cars to paint and asked me to come back dis week.
I met major Generals of lazy D at lekki phase 2 under shade who told me to go and do inspection dt it will pass.

I will go and try inspection if it pass I continue with bolt but if it fails and painter no get chance Na to port to Uber and be pursuing 2%

My mind tells me Uber is better but Being blind to destination is my fear

Come to think about it there's nothing like blind or knowing where you're actually going to b4 hand.

Every job has its ethics and modus operandi. Same way a technic is needed to stay afloat driving with indriver is same way technic is needed to net 200k easily on bolt.

I've come to understand that the blind request on Uber isn't something to bug one's head about, simply ask politely, please where are you going to? All along no rider has given me headache and if it's not okay with me I politely tell them to request again or drop some story of where I am or how cancellation doesn't cost a thing.

So in the end, it all balls down to strategy.

The only edge I see Bolt has over Uber right now is the set destination feature which allows one to set at any given time.

On Sunday I was able to set destination and I was given a trip very close to my house on Uber so I believe Uber blind request is nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
YeyeGbami:

brake pads 10K.

My steering vibrates as well when I step on the break at 80km/HR or more... From European cars experiences I've had I know its breakdisk issue but I'll be at my mecho tomorrow to ascertain the actual cause then the cost of replacement.

Will compare the cost price with yours of 11k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
BAZ001:
Felicity001 the Hoodlum president
Only you just take one full page of this thread.
Who no fear you no know anything.
Consistent in writing epistle
Consistent in getting blocked
Consistent in telling story as it is
Consistent in not being loyal to anybody both app coy or partners.
Consistent in sending riders out.
Consistent in praising MB it’s better than Toyota now.
Consistent on this thread

Unlike CheerfulGiver who came gun blazing for only 3 months posting dashboards cursing and abusing everybody on the thread.
But not consistent with the truth
Not consistent with dashboard posting
Not consistent with driving for 24/7/365 days

Hmm let me continue to be consistent in looting the palliatives before windier comes.

How about you that is consistence in starting work 4am daily
Consistence in being scratched by our corolla counterparts
Consistence in being cool with every rider even when they mess with your cool
Consistent in objecting to earning 200k easily week in week out
Consistence in posting of memes that you now have the award putting you oga dru in the dark
Consistence in receiving gift from our America bros tue oil mogul, aka mobil1 sorry supertech
Consistence in posting of comic relief posts on this thread making everyone to laugh uncontrollable.
Consistence in being a coded ant that never for once post dashboard to motivate newbies...

What else? Baz001 na u ghan ghan be Oga
Double twalle to you boss
grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
olukaygold:

Wow! How about the level of fuel consumption compare to corolla?

You won't believe it... Far better than the Corolla.

I've used 3 corollas, 2 Honda's and 3big daddies so believe me when I say so

Just make sure everything is intact.

Though I can only vouch for a tok as my experiences are tied around it.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Johnchrix:

I had to visit their office again today. This is for Uber go. The car is for Hp ,18 months, they take everything you make daily. You are to do 72 trips weekly, then if u can meet up that 72 trips before Friday, whatever you make the following days of the week is Yours. You are to fuel the car, they give you 5500 every day Once you meet your daily target. ( Working for 10 hrs) . They handle the maintainance. After the 18 months the car is yours..Ogas in the house how una see am?

Hmm... 72 weeks.

Assume 72 trips amounts to a min of 100k weekly net which is a total of 72 weeks round contract period that's a whooping sum of N7.2m.

Ok now, they do maintenance... But how about repairs because that is totally difference from maintenance, did you ask about that?

How about taking a trip outta state because there is no way one would drive for 18months without getting a trip offer outta state, what's the stake on that?

How about being blocked by Uber to low rating or high cancellation? What happens during the period? Any preference or shield to your account as a Moove contractor and partner to Uber?

What's the size of the engine? I believe 2.0L, do you know you'll be needing at least 6k daily for fuel to meet up to this daily and weekly target bc0s of some long distance PU? that's about 35k Mon - Fri... Will the tank be filled up being being handed over to you?

During campaign/promotions, e.g 2% after 6,8, or 20 trips, who goes home with the bonus amount? Moove or you?

Health.

Is there health insurance in the contract? HMO or something
What happens on the days you fall sick, have functions to attend outta state or decide to have a week leace or break?

These and many more are questions I asked them then when they never allowed me rest as they were always calling I come pick one of the cars on rental then. So bro, ask them question ooh. But las las... If they say they're also responsible for repairs guy! Jump at it but tell them to fill your tank.

Explore every opportunities at your disposal... Pkata pkata you drop the car if e no work well with you or if a better opportunity comes up.

You gerit? If you don't gerit forget abourit.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4309) (4310) (4311) (4312) (4313) (4314) (4315) ... (5733) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.