Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,136 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:53 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4934917 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4311) (4312) (4313) (4314) (4315) (4316) (4317) ... (5737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

grin

Mind you booking fee and base fare alone is almost N400.

Another, we don't know the contract agreement btw Moove and Uber because I don't see how only Uber will be collecting the entire 25% commission charges na... Mind you they're partners o

On those 72 trips, Uber collects their 25% automatically like everyother driver...the rest 75% goes to Moove.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

On those 72 trips, Uber collects their 25% automatically like everyother driver...the rest 75% goes to Moove.

That's what you and i know but behind the scene do you know the actual sharing formulae of that 25% btw the two partners?( uber and Moove) that's my question. Though its non of driver's business shall.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2021
northbird:

Look for rentals. 72 trips weekly is not a small task, week in week out. No matter how healthy you are, you can't max out 16 weeks on that schedule without a breakdown. after then, you start struggling for your own small change.

You do HP only on your terms or terms favorable to both parties, in this case, they are the ones dishing out the rules.

Your search for a car is not disruptive enough, you might need to canvas physically. Let me give you a strategy.
do you desperately need a car? Follow these steps.

1.Go to a cyber Cafe, type out the following on an A4 sheet of paper.

" I need a Car
A very hardworking and careful driver.
No stories on your money
YOUR PHONE No. (BOLDED)"

All these for a driving job?

Now I see how truly some drivers believe this is the best work to happen to them.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

That what you and i know but behind the scene do you know the actual sharing formulae of that 25% btw the two partners?( uber and Moove) that's my question. Though its non of driver's business shall.

No other side business aside their 25%.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:15am On Dec 15, 2021
tunlapapa:

Now I see how truly some drivers believe this is the best work to happen to them.

He can do that or keep waiting at home looking for a vehicle.

I got my first job, a N40,000 monthly salary job in Elf Lekki by doing something very similar to what Northbird advised and I was living in Iyana-Ipaja at the time.

The ball is in his court. He has gotten the best advice anyone will ever give him.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:
Talking about some stupid drivers who believe that provided they're in front either left or right side of the road and a car is behind them then they've the right to change lane just anyhow after trafficating without minding how close the car behind is to them.

In my over 17yrs of driving around Nigeria I've observed and have found out that this is one of the most common cause of road accidents in Lagos and across the country and the worst of it is that the foolish driver when being hit by the car behind will down to claim right he's in front with words like, didn't you see my traficator? Na I hit me for back? All sort of nonsense.

Now, this is the road safety rule. If you're driving on the highway and want to change lane you must first,

trafficate to the side you desire to change lane to

Before you change lane after trafficating you must allow a distance of at least 100m away between you and the car behind the lane you desire to change to.

Permission is needed to be granted first by the driver behind before you enter his lane especially in a close range say less than 50meters otherwise don't enter.

Now, should you do all of these without following the rules and an accident occurs the driver in front bares the cost of repairs of both vehicles or accident victims.

Ring it, right of way rule!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2021
tunlapapa:

Do you have a better option for him? . He needs a car.The moove HP is not it at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

Come to think about it there's nothing like blind or knowing where you're actually going to b4 hand.

Every job has its ethics and modus operandi. Same way a technic is needed to stay afloat driving with indriver is same way technic is needed to net 200k easily on bolt.

I've come to understand that the blind request on Uber isn't something to bug one's head about, simply ask politely, please where are you going to? All along no rider has given me headache and if it's not okay with me I politely tell them to request again or drop some story of where I am or how cancellation doesn't cost a thing.

So in the end, it all balls down to strategy.

The only edge I see Bolt has over Uber right now is the set destination feature which allows one to set at any given time.

On Sunday I was able to set destination and I was given a trip very close to my house on Uber so I believe Uber blind request is nothing to worry about.

So I heard from this my fellow lazy drivers under shade in lekki that bolt has started charging 25% and no more 23%
Mbok Na true ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

That was how one stupid guy with a silver color big daddy yesterday tried to enter my lane at 7up/Toll gate B/s yesterday. I was just beside him slightly by his back door position and thus idiot guy was still pushing abd trying to push into the dish be my left I horned and horned and horned 4 where? Na him I say anything wey won happen make e happen because if I step on my break there will be multiple hit behind as the car behind me will hit me and the one behind will hit him as well. Na so I increased my speed into the tight edge close to the convent passing him. This stupid idiotic pig started to insult me. enh! Me??! You're mad! I swave into his front like I was to hit him na so the both of us did it oooh... My offline rider who is base abroad was trying to calm me down to leave him because she saw everything right from the onset and was even the first to say what's this guy driving? Does he want to push us into the dish? Me i don vex already, I'd already passed him and was to divert towards Ojota and at this time I've put him on my left and as he bracket me I wind down he too wind down and was still insulting his generation while me too was adding to the insults to his generationgrin na so I carry the bottle on my water can holder throw at him... He was lucky I was diverting.

You needed to see his car self, the right sid le of his car from the back door to the headlamp broken I believe similar thing must have happened and the driver must have hit him.

If that driver is here and can read this I say this to you, you're very very stupid...
Do Nigerian drivers know what actually is a blind spot? Like u said, most dents on ones car in the traffic na this. And the claiming right aspect of it gets me mad.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrReeseG(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Lol, so everybody here na cruise catchers.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
LOL, same felicity that was preaching to us last week to shun trouble. E even troway bottle water to another driver grin

Baba na violence by nature

Felicity0001:

That was how one stupid guy with a silver color big daddy yesterday tried to enter my lane at 7up/Toll gate B/s yesterday. I was just beside him slightly by his back door position and thus idiot guy was still pushing abd trying to push into the dish be my left I horned and horned and horned 4 where? Na him I say anything wey won happen make e happen because if I step on my break there will be multiple hit behind as the car behind me will hit me and the one behind will hit him as well. Na so I increased my speed into the tight edge close to the convent passing him. This stupid idiotic pig started to insult me. enh! Me??! You're mad! I swave into his front like I was to hit him na so the both of us did it oooh... My offline rider who is base abroad was trying to calm me down to leave him because she saw everything right from the onset and was even the first to say what's this guy driving? Does he want to push us into the dish? Me i don vex already, I'd already passed him and was to divert towards Ojota and at this time I've put him on my left and as he bracket me I wind down he too wind down and was still insulting his generation while me too was adding to the insults to his generationgrin na so I carry the bottle on my water can holder throw at him... He was lucky I was diverting.

You needed to see his car self, the right sid le of his car from the back door to the headlamp broken I believe similar thing must have happened and the driver must have hit him.

If that driver is here and can read this I say this to you, you're very very stupid...

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

The day one driver did this to me around Marwa, when we got the traffic lights I moved closer to his back passenger door , rolled down my glass and started banging on his glass. The idiot was still claiming rights.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

Good you finally realised yourself on time.

You want to revamped the entire AC system with a new auto compressor... I was actually waiting to hear your testimony of how you changed over 3 auto compressors b4 you later resorted to manual type.

Well, all the same... My next advise is use the car for the 6months period you've settled for or for say 1yr then sell it and buy another with out any issue.

Peace of mind is priceless.

Me I can't come and kill myself on top car wahala.

Lol, bros I no go sell my car ooo.

I still love it, I just need to do maintenance that’s all.

Thanks for your advice bro, I just had to get working ac fast, and now I’m earning higher making up for my loses.

God bless bro!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
Guys Abeokuta - 25k drop off
Is it worth it this afternoon from lekki Estate ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2021
Bolt surge Push me to book Uber and Uber gave me female driver that is so polite and gentle though I have not seen her but from my convo with her on phone she sounds Nice, waiting for her to bring my goods...... Will come back to rate her here.....Una well done oooo

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
BAZ001:
. Not too bad , if you accept just pass Ikorodu road come out at 7up/Toll gate and continue your journey. No pass oworo/Alapere axis o.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
BAZ001:
Not worth it bro. I did from Ebute Metta train station to Ibara Housing 25k, two Saturdays ago.

From Lekki should be 30k, na traffic time be this.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
skillip:
. Not too bad , if you accept just pass Ikorodu road come out at 7up/Toll gate and continue your journey. No pass oworo/Alapere axis o.
Traffic choke oworo/alapere since 630am. Fallen truck

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
ReadaDream:
Traffic choke oworo/alapere since 630am. Fallen truck
. Yes o, I heard about the fallen truck. Last week Saturday it was the same thing not to even talk about this festive season now with heavy movement heading out of town.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
This one canceled and stopped picking call after we agreed on 20k. I was going to use Epe road. angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
tunlapapa:

Lol... Not just that self... That's to tell you the level at which poverty has eaten deep into the mind of an average Nigerian courtesy to our political leaders.

The strategy is to subject one to extreme hardship by looting them then come back to redeem them with a token then ask you to go commit a crime for them, tell me how such a man won't do what his saviour ask of him.

Funny enough the oppressed is even more educated than the oppressor grin

This only happens among the black race.

Pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
tunlapapa:

No other side business aside their 25%.

You can't say that... What will make a man restrict his fleet business to just one partner (Uber) alone even when it's obvious you earnless in partnership with her!

Do you know bio-data of drivers where released to this Moove company... That's a bridge of concept and secreism onnthe part of Uber to all his drivers partners.

How does Moove has to pay to gave access to these data? Could it be that Moove Africa cant operate conveniently should they decide to be independent while their drivers are being free to operate with any app?

What's the special treatment or priority given to Moove or her drivers on the app?

Are you gonna say Moove Africa didn't bring influence to Uber thereby increase their riders base? Or didn't you noticed the increase in riders request we are currently enjoying now is also as a result of the almost brand new vehicles brought in by Moove Africa?

In all of these and more you want to tell me Moove Africa is only in this partnership contract to just carry out his business which it could as well do without any form of partnership with any app?

Bros, only the CEOs of both companies know what the partnership entails

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
davit:
Imagine for about an hour. Everything set. No gbam gbam.

Na the thing wey I dey try explain to una be this that time....gbam gbam go kon enter during closing hour @ 1.7 surge, you go kon happy...kon enter traffic... It doesn't make sense...cars ain't made for daily traffic...it shortens life span...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
No more right turn to Adeola Hopewell from Sanusi fafunwa...

No wonder lastma wanted to arrest me last week as I went straight from Adeola Hopewell to connect Adeyemo Alakija.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
BAZ001:

So I heard from this my fellow lazy drivers under shade in lekki that bolt has started charging 25% and no more 23%
Mbok Na true ?

No let our brand ambassador/bolt agent hear dis o my hand no dey o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2021
peeps4u:
LOL, same felicity that was preaching to us last week to shun trouble. E even troway bottle water to another driver grin

Baba na violence by nature

Bros mad woman wey go barbing saloon then go river go bath and wear clean cloth go party so that them go serve her rice and chicken chop, but because you know her you then refused to serve her well she will tell you she still remember where she drop her craze cloth ohgrin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Lol, bros I no go sell my car ooo.

I still love it, I just need to do maintenance that’s all.

Thanks for your advice bro, I just had to get working ac fast, and now I’m earning higher making up for my loses.

God bless bro!!

God bless our hustle!

One love!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
BAZ001:

Whats the estimate 9n the app with this 1.9x... Or you can do the calculation then multiply by the surge coefficient to see if rider is wanting to reap you off.

But on the norms, 25k isnt bad at all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
obinoral1179:
Bolt surge Push me to book Uber and Uber gave me female driver that is so polite and gentle though I have not seen her but from my convo with her on phone she sounds Nice, waiting for her to bring my goods...... Will come back to rate her here.....Una well done oooo
Bring her here instead let's lick her lips kiss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Anyone around askamaya ikota? This rider I dropped at Dmatel did a transfer of 4k since morning. I've not seen it till now. He said he has not been debited though and he can't do another transfer.
Now he's saying I can come to the hotel and collect cash.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dailyparrot:
Please, does it mean that once one makes a payment to Bolt and makes mistake in the reference number, the money is gone?

I made a payment of 3400 since Monday and erroneously put Bolt account number in the place of my reference number.

I have contacted Bolt support severally but they are not helping at all. This is frustrating.

When I make normal post, I get quotes.

When I ask question, I get no quotes.

This is not fair.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
ReadaDream:
No more right turn to Adeola Hopewell from Sanusi fafunwa...

No wonder lastma wanted to arrest me last week as I went straight from Adeola Hopewell to connect Adeyemo Alakija.

But wait oh... Is there no road sign? Any roadwarder that will arrest me again in Lagos on a road without sign that day enh I will show them educated craze.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4311) (4312) (4313) (4314) (4315) (4316) (4317) ... (5737) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.