Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,075 members, 7,887,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 09:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1559710 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello house, my dad just picked up his passport and was refused. I received a call from UKVI officer where I emphasised that I will be funding his trip 100% as he is a pensioner but still he was accessed financially. I stated that my mum will be helping out with my brothers and that was another point stated. I want to reapply for him immediately as I feel the officer judged his application wrongly and we can't appeal.
Not to upset you but i do not feel his application was judged wrong.Granted you are sponsoring him but his bank statement balance was way too low as they assume all adults should have their own income and if his wife is helping which is a question on the form this makes her a sponsor and she should provide her statement as well.Does He own any property or have shares and does the government pay him a monthly pension?.Please take this into consideration at your next application for him and best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
olystic:
Hello everyone, justwise and co
I intend to apply for a U.K. Visiting visa as tourist, I am a single male with no relation in the U.K. But my profile is : work experience of 5 years as a production technician in a multinational coy. I have traveled to Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Ghana, UAE. I have been denied schengen visa 3times and USA visa once. I earn about 200k per month. I intend to apply for the visa by early May 2018 to be on vacation in the month of August 2018 for 6 nights. But the issue is that I am still single at the age of 31 when I will apply with and I do not have any landed assets. I do hope to apply with an account statement of abt 3million NGN strictly from my monthly salary. Please how does my changes of getting d visa stand
Hi Olystic not to drop your mood but your chances are not the brightest...your finances are more than sufficient and your job is well above middle class however you have not demonstrated any ties ie ownership of property,wife,kids etc plus being so young who is to say you will return?.Your ECO should not be bothered by the schengen or Us refusal as it’s unrelated to this application.I advice you give this a bit more time and in the interim invest in some shares and property acquisitions.Cheers!.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello everybody,
Complement of the season, please I really need your help and I’m going to be 100% honest here. I’m trying to get my brother out of Nigeria so I want to apply for a Uk visia for him. Well I live in the state so I can sponsor him with my account please which visa class will be acceptable for me to apply for him and sponsor him 100% Tourist visia, Conference visa or what? please advice me, and also the process involved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RealityShot: 4:42am On Dec 20, 2017
olystic:
Hello everyone, justwise and co
I intend to apply for a U.K. Visiting visa as tourist, I am a single male with no relation in the U.K. But my profile is : work experience of 5 years as a production technician in a multinational coy. I have traveled to Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Ghana, UAE. I have been denied schengen visa 3times and USA visa once. I earn about 200k per month. I intend to apply for the visa by early May 2018 to be on vacation in the month of August 2018 for 6 nights. But the issue is that I am still single at the age of 31 when I will apply with and I do not have any landed assets. I do hope to apply with an account statement of abt 3million NGN strictly from my monthly salary. Please how does my changes of getting d visa stand
in january,
buy 364 day treasury bills of like 2 million.

that will serve as property..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Ijeshalomo:
I quite disagree with this. Once you submit a statement of account indicating your salary monthly without discrepancy, then pay slip is not needed. I know about 4 different pple that submitted just statement of account. I am also a witness. My first application and the second application, I never submitted pay slip. [/b]I submitted my [b]salary account and explained other cash flow.

Thanks

Sure you have every right to disagree with me. However every application is assessed base on its own merit. It is the duty of the applicant to declare his/her financial circumstances with documentation. The fact that your visa was approved twice without the submission of payslips does not means that its a standard practice. There is a question on application form asking applicants to enter their earnings (salary) after tax. Many applicants earning entering their bank account also exclude other deductions such as loans repayment, pension, cooperative etc. How best can a ECO verify your earning without a payslip? Many visa are approved with less than N200K bank balance, and many refused with over N2m bank balance. The OP is required to provide enough evidences to explain his/her financial circumstances. If he is able to satisfy this without payslips, the ECO will decide either believe it or not.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:17am On Dec 20, 2017
Oghoghobrown:
Hello everybody,
Complement of the season, please I really need your help and I’m going to be 100% honest here. I’m trying to get my brother out of Nigeria so I want to apply for a Uk visia for him. Well I live in the state so I can sponsor him with my account please which visa class will be acceptable for me to apply for him and sponsor him 100% Tourist visia, Conference visa or what? please advice me, and also the process involved.

Study visa, work visa, entrepreneur visa or marry a eu citizen and immigrate into UK before March 2019. Tourist visa etc will only earn him illegal stay in the UK doing nothing. UK is like not USA where you can switch you visa category easily.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nsabbadin90: 6:22am On Dec 20, 2017
bountykill:
Hello just wise

Please help with a quick assessment of my chances of securing a UK visiting visa. I applied in 2013 and was denied. I was single then and was on a salary of 150k. FF to today, i am married with a kid and a net salary of about 465k but i am working as an outsourced staff for a Chinese company. I worked for 2 years with the first outsourcing firm before it was changed about 6 months ago on the same salary of 465k.

Now my issue is the short period i have worked for the present company even though I am been outsourced to the same firm. Someone suggested i go back to the previous company to get a reference letter to indicate i was working for them before.

Another concern i have is the breakdown of my pay in the payslips, the company intentionally quote a small amount as basic salary so that they can equally pay a reduced amount as pension since the pension rate is a function of the basic salary. My basic salary is 5k with allowance forming the bulk of my net salary. Will this have any implication? Or do i just avoid putting the payslips in my application?

Also i have a friend (British citizen) who relocated to the UK in January of this year. Do i get him to send me an invite or do i apply like i don't know anyone in the up?

Will appreciate you kind responses and suggestions . thanks.

In my experience, I have always applied for tourist visa with family. The law does not set any minimum amount you must have in your account. Having a large bank balance does not necessarily mean that you have sufficient funds; neither is a low bank balance dispositive of insufficient funds. So I will agree with Ijeshalomo said that pay slip is not needed,

The general rule of thumb for visa consular officer.

Total required amount for tourist visa

Number of people

Number of days

Return flight tickets

Food

Sightseeing

You show amount little more than all put together.

You may check it at the official UK Government website https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa or to any third-party like this one https://www.travelvisauk.co.uk/visitor_visa/.

PS: If you can support the cost of your travel then you won't need an invitation letter.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:53am On Dec 20, 2017
I go with your point. If you don't have an invitation letter, you can book a hostel (not hotel). All these will reduce your travel cost and your account statement would be able to Carter for the trip.

Thanks

nsabbadin90:

In my experience, I have always applied for tourist visa with family. The law does not set any minimum amount you must have in your account. Having a large bank balance does not necessarily mean that you have sufficient funds; neither is a low bank balance dispositive of insufficient funds. So I will agree with Ijeshalomo said that pay slip is not needed,

The general rule of thumb for visa consular officer.

Total required amount for tourist visa

Number of people

Number of days

Return flight tickets

Food

Sightseeing

You show amount little more than all put together.

You may check it at the official UK Government website https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa or to any third-party like this one https://www.travelvisauk.co.uk/visitor_visa/.

PS: If you can support the cost of your travel then you won't need an invitation letter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
I submitted a UK Visitor visa application a few weeks ago with the intention to travel on the 23rd of this month. I also made a hotel booking for the same date. The hotel has a cancellation policy which says I can cancel/change the booking anytime on or before the aforementioned date. Cancellation after the said date attracts a huge fee.

Since I am yet to receive a decision regarding my application, and since it appears I may not receive a decision until the hotel booking date lapses, can I go ahead and extend the booking date or just watch as the date goes by and pay the cancellation fee, which is my absolute concern here?

I don't wish to lose money unecessarily if such a loss could be avoided. At the same time, I am concerned about the likely position of the VO if cancellation or extension of hotel booking date is done before a visa is issued, if at all. What effect would this have on the consideration of the application?

Pls guys, I need your suggestions and opinions. Thanks.

cc:
justwise
ekpotek
ijeshalomo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
ekpotek:

Study visa, work visa, entrepreneur visa or marry a eu citizen and immigrate into UK before March 2019. Tourist visa etc will only earn him illegal stay in the UK doing nothing. UK is like not USA where you can switch you visa category easily.

Thanks for your reply, work visa or entrepreneur visa what are the requirement sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Oghoghobrown:

Thanks for your reply, work visa or entrepreneur visa what are the requirement sir.

For work visa, you will need to go through work agencies in the UK and its depends on qualifications and skills. The UKVI website also post shortages of jobs requiring international workers. For enterprenuer visa you will need £200,000 deposible cash to invest in the UK and you will get a 3-5 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by borvick(f): 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Good evening everyone, trust you are all doing well? Please l need to know the visa fee for UK, for six and two years visa. My UK visa expires last year, l had multiple but only travelled once with my son 19 yrs then before it's expiration. Also l want to apply for my daughter for vacation, 19yrs, 300 level undergraduate.

Pls how much can l have as my statement balance? And which document can my daughter put together, l need guidance pls, thanks everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Harjeehbaday(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello All,
I need help, I intend to travel with my parents and mother-in-law for a week vacation in Dubai and London. Am currently filling the UK visa application forms for my parents. Do I still need to fill the Parents sections considering that my grandparents (Mother & Father) are late.
pls help me out, I need to complete all the forms by tomorrow.
Secondly, I need to submit the forms before the end of the year cos I need to return to work but I can't get an appointment date. can I go to the VAC to submit the forms before the appointment date?
What else do I need to convince the consular officer to issue them the visas
pls I will appreciate any help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
1.The only reason why I didn't add my mum details is because I said my mum and I are supporting my brothers. I judged it that I am funding them financially and my mum will be with them while my dad is in the UK.
2.I will be adding all my mum details in this new application: her payslip, employment letter, 6 months bank statements too
3.My dad can not tender any pension payment because he has been waiting for his pension for close to 3 years now.
4. I didn't want to send him too much money so it doesn't count as money lodgement.
The only thing I will add now is my mum's details. I will appreciate any other feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oghoghobrown: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2017
ekpotek:

For work visa, you will need to go through work agencies in the UK and its depends on qualifications and skills. The UKVI website also post shortages of jobs requiring international workers. For enterprenuer visa you will need £200,000 deposible cash to invest in the UK and you will get a 3-5 years visa.

Thanks for the information, what if I am to send him on a conference what visa type will I apply for and what is the document require and I hope I can sponsor him fully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RalphJean: 3:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Oghoghobrown:

Thanks for the information, what if I am to send him on a conference what visa type will I apply for and what is the document require and I hope I can sponsor him fully.

The conference website has all the details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 4:32am On Dec 21, 2017
2yrs visa will cost you less than 200k naira. As for your daughter in 300level. I would suggest you plan the trip during her long vacation at school. She should get an introduction letter from her HOD stating that she would be returning back to her studies. You should include her filled course form, last sch fee payment receipt. If she has an outstanding result (include a copy of her statement of result), all those documents would show home ties.
Be particular about cash inflow and outflow of your account. Just ensure the amount you budget to spend on the trip is not more than 4months of your monthly take home. Work with a good budget. Book medview airline for itenary (less than 200k for return flight). If you don't have friends or relatives in the UK for accommodation, search for cheap apartment on booking.com (free cancellation).

Thanks

borvick:
Good evening everyone, trust you are all doing well? Please l need to know the visa fee for UK, for six and two years visa. My UK visa expires last year, l had multiple but only travelled once with my son 19 yrs then before it's expiration. Also l want to apply for my daughter for vacation, 19yrs, 300 level undergraduate.

Pls how much can l have as my statement balance? And which document can my daughter put together, l need guidance pls, thanks everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Harjeehbaday(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2017
Harjeehbaday:
Hello All,
I need help, I intend to travel with my parents and mother-in-law for a week vacation in Dubai and London. Am currently filling the UK visa application forms for my parents. Do I still need to fill the Parents sections considering that my grandparents (Mother & Father) are late.
pls help me out, I need to complete all the forms by tomorrow.
Secondly, I need to submit the forms before the end of the year cos I need to return to work but I can't get an appointment date. can I go to the VAC to submit the forms before the appointment date?
What else do I need to convince the consular officer to issue them the visas
pls I will appreciate any help

Still waiting, pls any advise will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BonnieCita(f): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2017
Hi everyone, please I need your advice. I know there is no minimum or maximum amount to have in your bank statement but what do you recommend based on experience please? (Additional info- I've a sister that can give me an invitation letter and whom I will also be staying with, I guess this can reduce the amount as there is no hotel cost. But what amount on bank statement would you recommend with or without this).

Also can I use a sponsor not related to me and use their bank statement? If so, what reasons can I give for this? Help!

Thank you guys...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2017
Hi,

If you have a steady income. It's good you abide with using your statement of account. To be logical, ECO may find it hard to believe your case if someone else is sponsoring your tourism and not even a close relative. It's advisable to work on personal finances. This gives the ECO confidence in your application.

Thanks

BonnieCita:
Hi everyone, please I need your advice. I know there is no minimum or maximum amount to have in your bank statement but what do you recommend based on experience please? (Additional info- I've a sister that can give me an invitation letter and whom I will also be staying with, I guess this can reduce the amount as there is no hotel cost. But what amount on bank statement would you recommend with or without this).

Also can I use a sponsor not related to me and use their bank statement? If so, what reasons can I give for this? Help!

Thank you guys...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 21, 2017
BandAid:
I submitted a UK Visitor visa application a few weeks ago with the intention to travel on the 23rd of this month. I also made a hotel booking for the same date. The hotel has a cancellation policy which says I can cancel/change the booking anytime on or before the aforementioned date. Cancellation after the said date attracts a huge fee.

Since I am yet to receive a decision regarding my application, and since it appears I may not receive a decision until the hotel booking date lapses, can I go ahead and extend the booking date or just watch as the date goes by and pay the cancellation fee, which is my absolute concern here?

I don't wish to lose money unecessarily if such a loss could be avoided. At the same time, I am concerned about the likely position of the VO if cancellation or extension of hotel booking date is done before a visa is issued, if at all. What effect would this have on the consideration of the application?

Pls guys, I need your suggestions and opinions. Thanks.

cc:
justwise
ekpotek
ijeshalomo

I am still earnestly looking out for your advice here. Pls guys, help me out! Your contributions would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2017
If your booking is the type you can modify the date.
Pls extend I. ECO has right to call and verify accommodation

BandAid:

I am still earnestly looking out for your advice here. Pls guys, help me out! Your contributions would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Please guys a need help to understand this situation.

How come a mothers visa was granted and received but that of the 1yr old daughter has not been returned. It even showing "Decision not Made" on TLS website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hello house,

I am applying for a visit visa for my mum. I want to schedule the appointment time but it keeps bringing out prime time appointment which will cost extra £89 and I don't want it. How can I book ordinary appointment pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doctoropera(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
I need your help seriously people. I'm applying for UK visiting visa. My step brother with different surname is sending me an invite and sponsorship letter coupled with his bank statement. Do I still need a prrsonal bank statement? I'm also a final year student, do I also need an introductory letter from my HOD? thank u all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diztecnigeria: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
Have anybody heard from UKVI? i submitted biometrics on 4th of December and application received on 5th of December, up till today no email from them. still showing decision not made when tracked from TLS website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
How can I book visit visa appointment in Ikeja without Prime Time appointment?

Just don't want to pay extra for VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 12:50am On Dec 22, 2017
I did my biometric on 30th Nov, got an email from UKVI that my application has been received...today marks the complete 15 working days...what could be happening with my application
Docs submitted are
My CAC registered under 2years
Tax clearance certificate(ps: is the embassy bothered d about how much is paid and written on this certificate)
My company bank statement(I forgot to submit my personal bank statement).with a balance of 3m and turn over of 18m under 3months but all payment are hand deposits and cheque withdrawals(hope they won’t ask for source of income as my businesses is mostly done with cash at hand). They is constant inflow and out flow on cash in large sum for over 6months,hope they don’t see it as money lodgment.
My marriage certificate(church cert): do they accept church certificate same way they accept ikoyi wedding cert.
Photos of myself with my family(wife n daughter) even though I’m traveling alone.
My landed property doc(Survy papers and land purchase receipt,deed of assignments/agreement ).
I’m the owner of the company but I run a joint account with my wife on the company’s account, will they question this ?
Hotel booked on reservation
Flight ticket placed on reservation
Travel history: 4 African countries and 1 visit to Dubai.. 3 refusal history.

Please what are my chances securing this visit visa and how long do I have to continue waiting
The wait is killing me, somebody please help, it’s already more than 15working days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
Youngpablo180:
I did my biometric on 30th Nov, got an email from UKVI that my application has been received...today marks the complete 15 working days...what could be happening with my application
Docs submitted are
My CAC registered under 2years
Tax clearance certificate(ps: is the embassy bothered d about how much is paid and written on this certificate)
My company bank statement(I forgot to submit my personal bank statement).with a balance of 3m and turn over of 18m under 3months but all payment are hand deposits and cheque withdrawals(hope they won’t ask for source of income as my businesses is mostly done with cash at hand). They is constant inflow and out flow on cash in large sum for over 6months,hope they don’t see it as money lodgment.
My marriage certificate(church cert): do they accept church certificate same way they accept ikoyi wedding cert.
Photos of myself with my family(wife n daughter) even though I’m traveling alone.
My landed property doc(Survy papers and land purchase receipt,deed of assignments/agreement ).
I’m the owner of the company but I run a joint account with my wife on the company’s account, will they question this ?
Hotel booked on reservation
Flight ticket placed on reservation
Travel history: 4 African countries and 1 visit to Dubai.. 3 refusal history.

Please what are my chances securing this visit visa and how long do I have to continue waiting
The wait is killing me, somebody please help, it’s already more than 15working days

Please do not hesitate to let this forum know the outcome of your application. I hope for the best. I would like to take a cue from your application and documents you submitted. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
Which one am I supposed to use to apply for visit visa (6 months)? Just confused about the two links

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2017
jelmusboy:
Which one am I supposed to use to apply for visit visa (6 months)? Just confused about the two links

The first link
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2017
Doctoropera:
I need your help seriously people. I'm applying for UK visiting visa. My step brother with different surname is sending me an invite and sponsorship letter coupled with his bank statement. Do I still need a prrsonal bank statement? I'm also a final year student, do I also need an introductory letter from my HOD? thank u all

You need your school documents more than you need an introductory letter from your HOD.

Admission letter, previous/current result, school ID etc. Proof of relationship with your step brother( pictures together, call history, chat history, evidence of money or gift sent to you by him etc)

Your chances of getting the visa is 50/50 ..

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.