Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1559744 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
hpmrentals:
Sir can u go through this message as attached and advise me on the needful to reply. It was sent to me by the Australian embassy pls very urgent

Simply means that you had misinformed the Australian embassy. Check showed that you were refused US visa multiple times, which you did not disclose to the Australian embassy in your application form. If this is true, be honest and accept their investigation and applogize that it was not intentional. If however, you have never been refused a US visa, then response to counter their accusations! Note this is a UK visa thread, so do not expect responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
iyaaliyah:

Happy new year house. Pls my friend is visiting UK for 5days. She wants to see London Eye, burkingham palace etc. Pls who knows any affordable hotel around there. We r checking bookings.com but I need suggestions.
Then what other attractions can she see.
. Try airbnb.com and search for home near london eye or burkingham palace. Or cheap hotel withon SW1 London. The cheapest you will get will be close to £60 per night without breakfast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
Tbosss:
Hello guys, please i need help!
5years ago i got refused due to lack of home ties and insufficient fund in my mum's account.
She is a citizen so she invited me and wanted to sponsor the trip. Now i'm married with a child
and want to sponsor my trip now cos my job is good.
My questions:
1.can i go ahead and make hotel booking and include her as part of who i will visit,
or will it raise concern that my mum should invite me knowing well her savings is not ok for now?
2.will my statement of 1.7m be ok?

Thanks

1. Yes
2. Yes
She will need to send you her passport data page and evidences of UK resident permit. No need for any invite from her, since you have no plans to stay with her nor she is not sponsoring the trip. . Ensure that you address the reason for the refusal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nina76: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Random question abeg.
Do the U.K immigration officers know when you leave their country?
For example, if i travel to london and spend 5 months, next time I'm going, when I get to the immigration point [that place where they ask you useless questions] and they ask how long I spent the last time I was there [they asked me before, not always] can i say I spent only 3 weeks instead of 5 months?
Will they see on their 'system' the date I Left or they can only see the Date I entered?

[I know the stamp on arrival to nigeria should show this, but assuming our nigerian immigration brothers 'mistankenly' stamped 3 weeks] grin Mistakenly o

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
kprake9:

@justwise and others

Good day house,
I would need advice on my intended travel plans.
I intend to spend 10 days on my vacation leave in London, how much do u think is ideal for my total budget expenses? Including hotel, flight, feeding and other expenses the trip may incurred. Pls have it in mind that I earned approximately 400,000 naira monthly as salary. Thanks as I await prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tbosss: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Yes
2. Yes
She will need to send you her passport data page and evidences of UK resident permit. No need for any invite from her, since you have no plans to stay with her nor she is not sponsoring the trip. . Ensure that you address the reason for the refusal.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
nina76:
Hi Everyone,
Random question abeg.
Do the U.K immigration officers know when you leave their country?
For example, if i travel to london and spend 5 months, next time I'm going, when I get to the immigration point [that place where they ask you useless questions] and they ask how long I spent the last time I was there [they asked me before, not always] can i say I spent only 3 weeks instead of 5 months?
Will they see on their 'system' the date I Left or they can only see the Date I entered?

[I know the stamp on arrival to nigeria should show this, but assuming our nigerian immigration brothers 'mistankenly' stamped 3 weeks] grin Mistakenly o

Thanks

The UKIV no longer issue exit stamp. Your exit from the UK is retrieved from airline check in system. So they know the actual date you left the UK including the airline name and even your seat number. The system works this way at the POE. They collect and swipe your passport on their system and all your information and immigration entry and exit from the UK is shown. So telling a white lie at POE if asked can actually delay your entry or your visa can even be cancelled for misinformation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nina76: 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2018
ekpotek:

The UKIV no longer issue exit stamp. Your exit from the UK is retrieved from airline check in system. So they know the actual date you left the UK including the airline name and even your seat number. The system works this way at the POE. They collect and swipe your passport on their system and all your information and immigration entry and exit from the UK is shown. So telling a white lie at POE if asked can actually delay your entry or your visa can even be cancelled for misinformation.

Oh, I seeeeee....Thank you so much for the response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
Hello everyone,
I intend budgeting 750,000 naira for my tourist visa trip to UK this is inclusive of flight, hotel and feeding expenses. Pls advice if am on track.
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 6:40am On Jan 04, 2018
Budget is not the only point that puts you on track, rather your application entirely. So you need to share with the house how you arrived at 750k, your monthly income, home ties, how long you are staying. Etc. With all that, you would get the best advice

kprake9:
Hello everyone,
I intend budgeting 750,000 naira for my tourist visa trip to UK this is inclusive of flight, hotel and feeding expenses. Pls advice if am on track.
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 7:23am On Jan 04, 2018
[quote author=Ijeshalomo post=63876610]Budget is not the only point that puts you on track, rather your application entirely. So you need to share with the house how you arrived at 750k, your monthly income, home ties, how long you are staying. Etc. With all that, you would get the best advice

Thanks for your response.
My monthly salary is approximately 420k, I have 2 landed properties , wife n three children. Been working with this company for 2 years now. Will be staying for 10 days. Flight will cost me about 220k, the balance is for feeding and accommodation.

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2018
You are good to go. You can use your salary account if you have a good cash flow there. If you have any lump sum in the account, do yourself a favour of writing a cover letter to explain such transaction.

Happy New year

[quote author=kprake9 post=63877495][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
You are good to go. You can use your salary account if you have a good cash flow there. If you have any lump sum in the account, do yourself a favour of writing a cover letter to explain such transaction.

Happy New year

Thanks I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2018
Ijeshalomo:

Happy New year

My closing balance is about 1.5m
Hope it's OK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2018
kprake9:
Hello everyone,
Thanks!

The budget will depend on how many days you intend to spend in the UK? The rules is that your budget should not be more than 2-3 times your salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2018
[quote author=kprake9 post=63877495][/quote]

Your salary and home ties is solid. However, you still need to convince the ECO what informed your choice of the UK to visit? Have you travelled out before as a tourist? Do you have friends or family member in the UK? All these will count to a successful application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukaman: 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
Please house how much is visa fee for visiting/tourist in Naira. I'm actually planning to attend a conference sometime in March.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
Many thanks for this.
Really helpful

Marytee2:

Well, I applied days after the start date on my COS and I was still approved. Provided your COS is still valid, my sponsor said the start date didn't matter. You can ask your employer to attach a sponsor note to your COS giving a new start date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
Closing balance is ok. Book medview flight (it's very cheap), look for budget hotels or hostel (very affordable). All these will make your budget fit into the 750k you planned to spend. Get an accommodation close to the tourist attraction sites you plan to visit.

Thanks

kprake9:

My closing balance is about 1.5m
Hope it's OK?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
Closing balance is ok. Book medview flight (it's very cheap), look for budget hotels or hostel (very affordable). All these will make your budget fit into the 750k you planned to spend. Get an accommodation close to the tourist attraction sites you plan to visit.

Thanks

Thanks for your response. I appreciate greatly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
Has anyone gotten their visa this year from application submitted last year December
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Afolayanbdn: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
Good day all.. am new to nairaland and i want to know about UK visiting visa.. I work in an organisation for more than 3 years now and i earn 117.000 monthly but my account isn't sufficient for my trip.
Can i use my brother company account which am one of the signatory in the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 1:33am On Jan 05, 2018
Good day house, I want to apply a tourist visa for my wife and 5 years old Son, she is the sponsor, because my Account statement is not regular. Pls what are the document i should provide. Pls I need your help here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2018
Good day house. Pls I want to know if it's required by ECO for your company to stamp /sign your pay slip b4 applying. Urgent response pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2018
kprake9:
Good day house. Pls I want to know if it's required by ECO for your company to stamp /sign your pay slip b4 applying. Urgent response pls.

Stamping Payslip is not neccessary in as much as the Company is registered and payment showing the name of the company reflect in your SOAmount.

Plus you may add Tax C-Cert. (card)

-Spirit of Sharing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
lekansola:
Good day house, I want to apply a tourist visa for my wife and 5 years old Son, she is the sponsor, because my Account statement is not regular. Pls what are the document i should provide. Pls I need your help here.
kprake9:
. Pls I need your respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Graceland123(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=Youngpablo180 post=63900946]Has anyone gotten their visa this year from application submitted last year December... Same question pls hus can someone help out , I have submitter since December 11 did my biometric december 5 ... No update till date ... Pls gurus in the hus help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello house. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute.
So my friend earns 230k/month. (468£) She lives with her parent. Doesn't really spend her salàry except on fuel on weekends. She goes with staff bus. So she hardly touches salary. She had a small hair unregistered business (another bank account) but not regular income. Closing balance in salary account at this morning is 1,250m.(2543£) She wants to spend 5nights in London next month. Our proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel +Wi-Fi (kessington&Chelsea area)5days.............................105£
2. Flight .................................541£ ethiopian
3. Transportation ................. 20£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 70£
5. Lunch/dinner. .................. (hotel comes with freebreakfast n dinner
6. Shopping .......................... 100£(mostly soverniers)
Total. .................................836

Itininery proposed after research I came up with:
Aŕrives London on the 21st @6.35am
Settles in and rest till 3pm
3pm .......walks round the neighbourhood to earls court station that's close to hotel to the city to get oriented with the environ.(day 1)
Day 2.....go to see London eye + river cruise +madam toussand.....we got this combo @31£
Day 3.....visit to trafalgar square and all the free attraction sites close around, lounge around n take tons of pics. Go clubbing after
Day 4.....(sat) spend the day to see house of parliament, Westminster Abbey and Hyde park., takes london bus to see London at night
Day 5.....(sun) church service @Westminster Abbey, light shopping....goes back early so she can park for departure
Day 6.....(mon)...leaves early to burkingham palace to go see changing of the guard....(hotel check out time is 3.30pm)
We hope she gets back to the hotel by 2pm so she can check out and heads to airport. Flight is 9pm.

Pls help us scrutinize this if there is anything I missed out. Thanks in advance..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olaidecash: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Here is my timeline 3rd renewal. I completed my application dec 5 submitted December 10 @ ikeja, Traveling for Newyear alone (no kids yet) I applied as a business woman (into shoe n bags) i also stated that am also serving (nysc) because I collected a letter frm my employer. Submitted my 3 month bank statement of 2million naira balance,marriage certificate (i have always applied without my husband anyway)husband doesn’t like uk, hotel booking,landed property,flight itinerary,introduction letter,consent letter frm husband + i have not registered my business. Passport collected today still 2years visa Granted.# Same information ,what changed is am not more a student,now serving

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=iyaaliyah post=63921974]Hello house. Pls help look into this bugdet/breakdown.. pls criticise and contribute.
So my friend earns 230k/month. (468£) She lives with her parent. Doesn't really spend her salàry except on fuel on weekends. She goes with staff bus. So she hardly touches salary. She had a small hair unregistered business (another bank account) but not regular income. Closing balance in salary account at this morning is 1,250m.(2543£) She wants to spend 5nights in London next month. Our proposed bugdet is as follows:
1. Hotel +Wi-Fi (kessington&Chelsea area)5days.............................245£
2. Flight .................................541£ ethiopian
3. Transportation ................. 20£ oyster card
4. Sightseeing .................. 70£
5. Lunch/dinner. .................. 90£ (hotel comes with freebreakfast)
6. Shopping .......................... 50£(mostly soverniers)
Total. .................................1,016£

Reduce your budget to around 800Pounds and you will be good to go...just my thought though because it looks like you will be spending 2months of your salary and a bit more ...to be on a “SAFER” side..don’t allow your budget to be more than 2months of your salary, if you earn 468pounda as salary...do not spend more than 800 to 900pounds to be on a safer side..just my thought though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
olaidecash:
Here is my timeline 3rd renewal. I completed my application dec 5 submitted December 10 @ ikeja, Traveling for Newyear alone (no kids yet) I applied as a business woman (into shoe n bags) i also stated that am also serving (nysc) because I collected a letter frm my employer. Submitted my 3 month bank statement of 2million naira balance,marriage certificate (i have always applied without my husband anyway)husband doesn’t like uk, hotel booking,landed property,flight itinerary,introduction letter,consent letter frm husband + i have not registered my business. Passport collected today still 2years visa Granted.# Same information ,what changed is am not more a student,now serving

Have you always used 3months statement of account from all your very FIRST application till this your 3rd renewal? I thought they said Uk embassy ONLY accept 6months bank statement or is this luck..your reply would be really good as I’m still trying to understand how the Uk embassy works

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.