Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,089 members, 7,887,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1559751 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2017
justwise:

1. Your family financial situation is good so state the living expenses as it's, nothing to worry or confused about here.

2. Even if you are going to be denied a visa never exclude your children's name in your visa application for any reason.

Your children are your financial dependents and should be added.

Thank you Sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2017
MamaGiovanni:

Thank you Sir

The 2M you have managed to save so far is good and will be enough to take care of the trip if you plan very well.

Outline your cost of the trip and add it to your visa application, avoid over budgeting in things like hotel accommodation and transport.

Look for a hotel close to your exam centre to reduce cost of transport, get budget hotel(travelodge, premier Inn, Holiday Inn) those are some budget hotels in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2017
justwise:

The 2M you have managed to save so far is good and will be enough to take care of the trip if you plan very well.

Outline your cost of the trip and add it to your visa application, avoid over budgeting in things like hotel accommodation and transport.

Look for a hotel close to your exam centre to reduce cost of transport, get budget hotel(travelodge, premier Inn, Holiday Inn) those are some budget hotels in the UK.

Thank you very much for your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2017
@justwise

I have been assigned a certificate of sponsorship from my sponsor and want to apply for my Tier 2 visa. The issue is, the job start date on my CoS is 2nd January 2018 but I cannot apply before this date. I can apply on the 5th or 8th January. The CoS will expire in March.
Can I apply after the stated start date if it is still before the expiry date of my CoS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
nomad26:
Yes you can. Start date on my CoS was 15 days before I even applied for the entry visa and it was approved. Although I also included​ a note addressing this in the additional information section of my application form.

xxmxx:
@justwise

I have been assigned a certificate of sponsorship from my sponsor and want to apply for my Tier 2 visa. The issue is, the job start date on my CoS is 2nd January 2018 but I cannot apply before this date. I can apply on the 5th or 8th January. The CoS will expire in March.
Can I apply after the stated start date if it is still before the expiry date of my CoS?

You got a reply there from his personal experience, i don't know the answer to that specific question hence the reason i did not answer so as not to mislead you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xxmxx: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2017
Thank you for the response.

In nomad26's response to my post, he applied 15 days before start date, but in my case, I want to apply after my start date.
justwise:

You got a reply there from his personal experience, i don't know the answer to that specific question hence the reason i did not answer so as not to mislead you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Yommieyomi:
I have been applying for UK visa using certified true copy of my marriage cert.....Though Tourist visa and i have never been denied.

Thanks Yommyyommie for your response. Are you saying that the original certified true copy of the marriage certificate from Ikoyi is okay to apply for a uk tier 2 visa without any explanation of what happened to the initial marriage certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shilex1915: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello ... please I need your help ... I got married to British woman in Nigeria but we want to apply for visa to go to U.K. Together please what are the things am going to need to submit at the embassy and she is responsible for everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2017
[Services render to them?what service,pls explain more better,in the application i didnt said am using my business account because i submmited 2 personal account with my company account and steady montly imcome transfer from company to my personal which relect my salary . I wonder why my company account was the issue because i believe company account is not for pleasure and my 2 personal account was not mentioned .author=bigtt76 post=63650100]My thought here ....Why not calm down, get your brothers to be transfering monies to you through your company account as payment for services your company rendered to them, then on a monthly basis, transfer to your savings account a specified sum of money from your company account to reflect your salary.

Ensure no one transfers money to your savings account apart from your 'salary' from your company account. That way the VO will see you have a company running and also steady income as salary from the company.

Note that you cannot use company bank statement as proof of income because they will question why you will be using company funds for your travels when the company is not sponsoring you.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
First you need to understand what the VO is looking for in the bank statements. They are not looking at the various amounts deposited into your account but rather the narration or description on each deposits like

1. 'SAL December 2017 <name of company>' or
2. Payment for the purchase of 9 gallons of paints'

When you transfer funds from your company account to your private savings account, what narration or description do you use? - 'Profits December' or 'Transfer to Self'? If you do this, then the VO would conclude 'you're just trying to run your account' and or the fact that you do not have any business ties to your country or can afford to go on the trip.

This is where the strategy I propose comes to play, you sell paints ....fine, instead of your brothers transferring sums to your account under the narration or description as - 'Money for Upkeep Moji December 2017', let them use the narration/description like I described in No. 2, that way the VO sees more of transactions than upkeep monies.

On your own part, wait till the end of the month before transferring funds to your savings account under the narration/description as 'salary'. Actually pay yourself a salary monthly and do this for the next 6 months before using the company account and your private account for the application process and I'm sure it work for you.
mojisolani:
Services render to them?what service,pls explain more better,in the application i didnt said am using my business account because i submmited 2 personal account with my company account and steady montly imcome transfer from company to my personal which relect my salary . I wonder why my company account was the issue because i believe company account is not for pleasure and my 2 personal account was not mentioned .[author=bigtt76 post=63650100]My thought here ....Why not calm down, get your brothers to be transfering monies to you through your company account as payment for services your company rendered to them, then on a monthly basis, transfer to your savings account a specified sum of money from your company account to reflect your salary.

Ensure no one transfers money to your savings account apart from your 'salary' from your company account. That way the VO will see you have a company running and also steady income as salary from the company.

Note that you cannot use company bank statement as proof of income because they will question why you will be using company funds for your travels when the company is not sponsoring you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
Good pm house

Plz am going on a week leave june 2018...and my company want to sponsored me...will there be any document i will include
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
bbclue:
Good pm house

Plz am going on a week leave june 2018...and my company want to sponsored me...will there be any document i will include

That will not work, companies don't sponsor employee's leave abroad, that trip got nothing to do with your work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pancaro(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2017
Hello House, i got this rejection letter last when i applied for 6months visa to uk. I want to apply again in 2018. What can i state differently and also i have a sister in law who works with a reputable financial institution and wants to sponsor me, she has said she will give me both statement and company identification. Will this change any situation. I await your swift response

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
xxmxx:
@justwise

Well, I applied days after the start date on my COS and I was still approved. Provided your COS is still valid, my sponsor said the start date didn't matter. You can ask your employer to attach a sponsor note to your COS giving a new start date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2018
pancaro:
Hello House, i got this rejection letter last when i applied for 6months visa to uk. I want to apply again in 2018. What can i state differently and also i have a sister in law who works with a reputable financial institution and wants to sponsor me, she has said she will give me both statement and company identification. Will this change any situation. I await your swift response

You are refused because you budgeted to spend more than 6times your monthly income and there is a question about the money you paid into your account which is not your salary.

Spending £2000 in 8days while you earn about £300 plus a month is just crazy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pancaro(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2018
justwise:

You are refused because you budgeted to spend more than 6times your monthly income and there is a question about the money you paid into your account which is not your salary.

Spending £2000 in 8days while you earn about £300 plus a month is just crazy.

Hello Justwise,
Thank u for your response. I have realised my mistake and will correct it in my next application. The case of my sis in law sponsoring me as well, will that help any situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
pancaro:

Hello Justwise,
Thank u for your response. I have realised my mistake and will correct it in my next application. The case of my sis in law sponsoring me as well, will that help any situation?

..but you did not submit any document to support that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pancaro(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
I didn't but I'm thinking of doing that in my next application
justwise:
[/b]

..but you did not submit any document to support that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hawklan: 11:00am On Jan 02, 2018
Hello all,
Kindly advise how much the visiting visa fee is now for 6months....... thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blues4lyf: 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
hello All, happy new year.

i have a bit of complicated request. i was born in UK but based in Nigeria since i was a kid. i have got my certificate of registration, orignal birth certificates(long and short), leave of remain. about 8 years ago i tried applying for a right of abode but was refused on the basis that they dont believe i am the same person with the rights due to passage of time.

i am planning to visit Uk and trying to sort it out from there, however i am scared my visa application will have issues.
i currently work in a financial institution and earn about 230k net. i have friends and family members in Uk but not sure what type of visa to apply for Tourist or through family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
Good Afternoon Gurus In the House,

Please i will like to make an enquiry. I was denied a uk Visa over 5 years didn't apply since then. Last december i was invited to germany but was denied too reason been that they don't know my plans after the expiration of my visa. Anyway i want to apply for UK VISA for say 5 day with an invite from a friend (we are dating actually) a divorcee though and i will be staying with him so my accommodation is sorted. my take home is 140K after tax & pensions and i plan on spending between 300 & 500k what is my chances of getting visa .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
Just wise and other gurus in the house.

1) In the standard visitors visa online application, there's a section asking for how much we spend each month on living expenses.

Is this the amount spent from our salaries only? Or in the case of a wife who's supported by her husband...will this include the amount given by the husband to run the house too. Even though the amount is given in cash and does not reflect in my account?

2) though my main purpose for visiting is to write an exam. The ukvi is asking for any immediate family or that of my spouse living in the UK.
My husband has a sister who lives in the UK. I most likely will not visit her and I've been advised to deny that I have a relative. She's on a legal visa and all. Lives with her husband and children in the UK.

Pls advice.

Thank you
justwise:

1) In the standard visitors visa online application, there's a section asking for how much we spend each month on living expenses.

Is this the amount spent from our salaries only? Or in the case of a wife who's supported by her husband...will this include the amount given by the husband to run the house too. Even though the amount is given in cash and does not reflect in my account?

2) though my main purpose for visiting is to write an exam. The ukvi is asking for any immediate family or that of my spouse living in the UK.
My husband has a sister who lives in the UK. I most likely will not visit her and I've been advised to deny that I have a relative. She's on a legal visa and all. Lives with her husband and children in the UK.

Pls advice.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
blues4lyf:
hello All, happy new year.

i have a bit of complicated request. i was born in UK but based in Nigeria since i was a kid. i have got my certificate of registration, orignal birth certificates(long and short), leave of remain. about 8 years ago i tried applying for a right of abode but was refused on the basis that they dont believe i am the same person with the rights due to passage of time.

i am planning to visit Uk and trying to sort it out from there, however i am scared my visa application will have issues.
i currently work in a financial institution and earn about 230k net. i have friends and family members in Uk but not sure what type of visa to apply for Tourist or through family.

If you were born before 1st January 1983, you are a British Citizen by birth, regardless of your parents nationality.
Getting a visitor visa approved will depend on your ability to convince the ECO that you will return after your visit. Since you have tried applying for a right of abode and was refused by the Home Office, the likelihood of another a visit visa refusal is very high as your previous application records are there. I would suggest that if you’re sure of your DOB, apply for your british passport and start gathering solid documents beside what you have now to proof your case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
MamaGiovanni:

Pls advice.

Thank you

Pls advice.

Thank you

1. If you do contribute to living expenses from your salary. Indicate the amount, if not put zero

2. Please include your sister in-law as someone you know in the UK. You do not need to staybor visit her.

Walk on proving sufficient documentation to convince the ECO that you are going there to write an exam and will return back to your work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
bensky:
Good Afternoon Gurus In the House,

Please i will like to make an enquiry. I was denied a uk Visa over 5 years didn't apply since then. Last december i was invited to germany but was denied too reason been that they don't know my plans after the expiration of my visa. Anyway i want to apply for UK VISA for say 5 day with an invite from a friend (we are dating actually) a divorcee though and i will be staying with him so my accommodation is sorted. my take home is 140K after tax & pensions and i plan on spending between 300 & 500k what is my chances of getting visa .

This is not to discourage you. Your chance is very slim. The relationship need to develop to a point where he will visit you first. You will require tons of documentation to proof this relationship than just dating/calls. Secondly your finances is not strong enough to convince the ECO that you will return back despite that you have enough money to cover the trip. But if you still want to go ahead, I suggest that you leave your boyfriend out of the application, apply as a tourist, address the issues raised 5 years back and if they no longer exist, hope for the best outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skybird1: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hi great people, I need your HELP.
My sister's husband in the U.K wants to invite my mum to the U.K for 6 months. She's retired.
I am in Nigeria.
Can I be a co-sponsor?
We have 3m altogether for her trip.
Should we transfer the amount into her account?
Also, what are the things I need to get ready, as regards documents and the rest.

Thanks a lot...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
ekpotek:

1. If you do contribute to living expenses from your salary. Indicate the amount, if not put zero

2. Please include your sister in-law as someone you know in the UK. You do not need to staybor visit her.

Walk on proving sufficient documentation to convince the ECO that you are going there to write an exam and will return back to your work.

Alright. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2018
Good day house,
I would need advice on my intended travel plans.
I intend to spend 10 days on my vacation leave in London, how much do u think is ideal for my total budget expenses? Including hotel, flight, feeding and other expenses the trip may incurred. Pls have it in mind that I earned approximately 400,000 naira monthly as salary. Thanks as I await prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tbosss: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2018
Hello guys, please i need help!
5years ago i got refused due to lack of home ties and insufficient fund in my mum's account.
She is a citizen so she invited me and wanted to sponsor the trip. Now i'm married with a child
and want to sponsor my trip now cos my job is good.
My questions:
1.can i go ahead and make hotel booking and include her as part of who i will visit,
or will it raise concern that my mum should invite me knowing well her savings is not ok for now?
2.will my statement of 1.7m be ok?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2018
Happy new year house. Pls my friend is visiting UK for 5days. She wants to see London Eye, burkingham palace etc. Pls who knows any affordable hotel around there. We r checking bookings.com but I need suggestions.
Then what other attractions can she see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.