Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,838 members, 7,886,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1555796 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by austinelex: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
wat do u mean
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tdadz: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
My profile says my passport is still with the US embassy/consulate whereas I did not go in for the interview and did not submit my passport ... what could have gone wrong pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tmoneyluvsu: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hello nanairalanders
My aunt in the U. S wants to invite my two underage sisters for holiday..
Pls I need help on documents required.
Thanks in anticipation of a quick response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
Hello nanairalanders
I wonder why average Nigerian hate reading,it had been said here time without number that vo don't need to see your IV.
I'm not insulting your personality but Truth need to be told

Danke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babbs45: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
jaybaby2017:
Hello People, Please I need advice. My US visa expired 14months ago and I want to renew it now. Can I do drop box?

You don't qualify for drop box, cos your visa has expired beyond the 12 month prior to the first issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by austinelex: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
webfocus:
Hello House 
Had my interview today and my visa was issued..
My first tym applying....
Transcripts
Vo: GM, how are you doing today?
Me: very good ( wit a soft smile)
Vo: Where are you visiting
Me: manhattan , Newyork
VO: Why are you visiting?
Me : To attend the United nations youth assembly ( selected as a nigeria delegate) at the UN hq
Vo: ohh...Nice. ...tell me about the conference.
Me: (plenty yarns sha...)
Vo:  So how exactly do u stand to gain from the conference?
Me: (Told him )
Vo; so tell me how u were selected..
Me : I explained how I had to fill several forms online wit the activities I volunteer and partake in my communities.(he then looked at me in a way dat sent chills down my spine) and I explained d activities I partake in and how I am a student health advocate .
Vo ; who is sponsoring u and wat does he do?
Me ; (my dad and I explained wher he works )
Vo ; pick up ur visa

I was happy tho....even though I was very composed before and during the interview...buh the fact that his(VO's) attitude , facial expression and demeanour during the interview looked rather awkward and kinda cold and also due to d fact that he denied about 4 pple b4 me made me just lowkey.
Meanwhile I am a final year medical student billed to finish skul early 2018...no questions were asked about skul or any oda tin..

Plenty thanks to everyone on this forum....I mean plenty thanks..
I read through about 300 pages and saw several transcripts that looked similar like mine...I got prepared for any type of question I could prolly encounter at the interview and Voila. ....God Did it tho....
happy for u bro congrat pls while filling d ds160 form wat did u put as ur travel history and ties as a first tymer pls enlighten us up here

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
kaynine59:
Many thanks boss I appreciate. Let me check cos I paid past midnight Friday and the transaction is reading 19th Monday. Maybe it hasn't cleared cos it's the weekend.. Thanks all the Same
U.S visa payment does not go through clearing. It credits the vendor's account directly. The vendor should be able to activate your passport details on the appointment portal in few hours.
Never worry about the date. Banking system does not recognize weekends and public holidays. Transactions on these days take the next working day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
jaybaby2017:
Hello People, Please I need advice. My US visa expired 14months ago and I want to renew it now. Can I do drop box?
No you can't... The new rule is that you can renew within 12 months of expiration of the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoraOwunna(f): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
halo everyone i need advice on booking my flight to texas using qater. please how do i go about this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bishopL(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
jaybaby2017:
You qualify for dropbox only if your visa expired 12 months ago under the new rules so you have to attend an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neot77(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
Gd evening all, I tried to scheduled interview appointment today after confirmed my application but couldn't . pls can someone tell me which link to use.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Oseni007(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp
Cheers
Neot77:
Gd evening all, I tried to scheduled interview appointment today after confirmed my application but couldn't . pls can someone tell me which link to use.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oppymit: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
my wife and I was denied under section 214 (b) of us nonimmigrant visiting visa on 7th june 2017, the purpose of our trip is visiting my elder brother and his family for a family reunion because we are both on leave. I think the cause of the deny is base on my stammerer, I stammered a lot during our interview, although I answered all the questions currently but much gaps from one words to another, although I'm a stammerer from birth. but I guess is my fault for not informing the consular officer at the beginning of the interview that I'm a stammerer. the first and second question in our interview goes to my wife and she answerd it smoothly and politely. I want to reapply soon but I'm confused on what to do with the way I stammer, the consular might thinks again that I'm afraid because I'm lying and that is why I stammer. pls my brothers and sisters advise me on what to do, your advice will really be appreciate. GOD bless you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jaybaby2017: 3:11am On Jun 18, 2017
[quote author=bishopL post=57609434]
You qualify for dropbox only if your visa expired 12 months ago under the new rules so you have to attend an interview. [/quote

Thanks ]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pristinemind: 3:44am On Jun 18, 2017
DoraOwunna:
my interview in lagos after waiting for 3 hours on tight painful heel shows..lol, and then waiting for two persons to take my place with a smile on top the pain (a woman with 2 running around kids and grandma, and an elderly couple)

V.O: GM
Me: GM sir
V.O: passport pls
V.O: why are u going to the U.S? (looking straight in my eyes)
Me: i am attending igbo amaka social cultural event in texas where i will be dressing and making up the particpants of the event in an igbo traditional attire.
V.O: tell me about your clients. ( typing from his computer)
Me: my clients are satisfied clients and there are always people that wants to look good for different events such as weddings...
V.O: what do u do?
Me: i am the ceo of -----, a makeup artist ........(all i write for my form)
V.o: tell me about ure family, are u married ? kids
Me: (smiled) actually am engaged will get married this year ending ( i no even kw that one, na God know)
V.o: (smilling wide) ohh u do makeup for your husband? ( typing on system)
Me: yes, sometyms
V.O: ( continues to smile as if laughing) you do makeup for him?
Me: (laughing little) yes, only powder
V.O: (droped my passport and hands over the white form, stil smilling wide) ve a safe flight
Me: thanks (with laughter o)

i even came bac to look at him cos he didnt tell me wen to pickup, and he said "byeee" stil laughing. this is a pure virgin passport. so happy i no lie. i went with my own tings and God. thanks everyone, cheers. wish others looking for this, success
did you fill your monthly income?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tekecoms1(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2017
oppymit:
my wife and I was denied under section 214 (b) of us nonimmigrant visiting visa on 7th june 2017, the purpose of our trip is visiting my elder brother and his family for a family reunion because we are both on leave. I think the cause of the deny is base on my stammerer, I stammered a lot during our interview, although I answered all the questions currently but much gaps from one words to another, although I'm a stammerer from birth. but I guess is my fault for not informing the consular officer at the beginning of the interview that I'm a stammerer. the first and second question in our interview goes to my wife and she answerd it smoothly and politely. I want to reapply soon but I'm confused on what to do with the way I stammer, the consular might thinks again that I'm afraid because I'm lying and that is why I stammer. pls my brothers and sisters advise me on what to do, your advice will really be appreciate. GOD bless you all.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/299313-stutteringstammering-at-interview/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijarazzi: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
Akex:

As long as the conference organiser did not indicate that the conference is for only locals, you're 100% free to apply. However, the VO has the final decision. For instance, there is a conference in US i recently scheduled an appointment for and i have confirmed if i am good to apply as i'm travelling from Dublin. I emailed them and i also gave them phone calls and i got positive reply. I'm the type that always make sure i provide more than required documents for visa applications, so i always communicate directly with conference organisers by email to confirm the validity & genuineness, where i am coming from to attend the conference. They always give me the best answer.

However, always try to contact the conference organiser and let the organiser know that you're coming from outside the state even though you have indicated that on your online conference registration form.

Least i forgot, if anyone need 100% free conference, let me know, i will try find one for you. Not guarantee, but i will try. I've given just few people and some of them got their US visa with it. Once you should your conference are of interest i will contact you via nairaland mail if i get any for you or not. Pls don't send me pm about this, don't leave your contact details here. If you think i'm going too far in this regard pls do not hesitate to do the needful by exposing me here grin. Show your interest here and lets help ourselves grin yes lets help ourselves.. LadyGuinivere abi no be so? grin Happy weekend to you all!

Please I am interested in conference in Accounting or Finance Management

I work in a bank. I'm interested in finance related conference as I'm planning to trave to us around august / September. Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijarazzi: 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
bigbus:

Sir, Are living in Dublin? If yes, are you holding an Irish Passport or Nigerian Passport. If Nigerian, are you with a visit visa or what kind? And are you applying for US Visa from Dublin or from Nigeria.

@Bolded. Do you have a conference already, or just looking for one?
I am interested in a conference in finance. I work in a bank
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
oppymit:
This is one of the reasons we preach to read the thread. To prevent rather than to cure. Sorry eh
There's nothing else. When an application is refused, nothing else but to reapply later. I cant remember if there S a space to indicate disability oh the form...
But u can state that as the reason u believe u were refused. And let that be the first thing u state during the interview.
However let's not forget that your form speaks for itself. So the vo saw it and still refused u. My point is, I don't think u have travel history. Why don't u work on that before reapplying? Get your act together, figuratively speaking

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
Tdadz:
My profile says my passport is still with the US embassy/consulate whereas I did not go in for the interview and did not submit my passport ... what could have gone wrong pls
Have u considered asking the people that can actually answer that question? The embassy not nairaland?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
Hello nanairalanders

Since they are underaged, they may need a parent at the interview. No other docs required.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good day house, I filled my ds160 form but previous work experience page didn't come up. Did it 3 times same thing.But my husband was able to complete same.

The page didn't come up on my daughters guess because she is a child.

Your advise will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Believe13:
Good day house, I filled my ds160 form but previous work experience page didn't come up. Did it 3 times same thing.But my husband was able to complete same.

The form is gender specific. For females, no past work experience is asked. Just your current. For males, its different.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Believe13:

No the form is same for u and your daughter cos you are girls. Guys get a different form.
PLEASE read the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot. was a bit confused.
shrekandfiona:

The form is gender specific. For females, no past work experience is asked. Just your current. For males, its different.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lady G, have been going thru the trend for over a month now. Didn't see it . guess I missed it. Thanks, was about trying again.

LadyGuinivere:

Now the form is same for u and your daughter cos you are girls. Guys get a different form.
PLEASE read the thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
My people i have come again, please in the space for the job description should i write down all that i do or like how many points should i write
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
showerses:
My people i have come again, please in the space for the job description should i write down all that i do or like how many points should i write
Write as much as you really really really do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by guchi120(m): 12:37am On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=Akex post=57127569]

As long as the conference organiser did not indicate that the conference is for only locals, you're 100% free to apply. However, the VO has the final decision. For instance, there is a conference in US i recently scheduled an appointment for and i have confirmed if i am good to apply as i'm travelling from Dublin. I emailed them and i also gave them phone calls and i got positive reply. I'm the type that always make sure i provide more than required documents for visa applications, so i always communicate directly with conference organisers by email to confirm the validity & genuineness, where i am coming from to attend the conference. They always give me the best answer.

However, always try to contact the conference organiser and let the organiser know that you're coming from outside the state even though you have indicated that on your online conference registration form.

Least i forgot, if anyone need 100% free conference, let me know, i will try find one for you. Not guarantee, but i will try. I've given just few people and some of them got their US visa with it. Once you should your conference are of interest i will contact you via nairaland mail if i get any for you or not. Pls don't send me pm about this, don't leave your contact details here. If you think i'm going too far in this regard pls do not hesitate to do the needful by exposing me here grin. Show your interest here and lets help ourselves grin yes lets help ourselves.. LadyGuinivere abi no be so? grin Happy weekend to you all!

Bro please i am interested in music conferences, I am a post graduate music student, I want to attend at least a conference abroad before my graduation next year. Am in for any conference that will hold from September 2017 thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by guchi120(m): 12:41am On Jun 19, 2017
Bro please i am interested in Music conference, I am a post graduate music student , I will love to attend at least a conference
Abroad before my graduation. Am willing to travel from September this year. Thanks in anticipation.
Akex:

Please I am interested in conference in Accounting or Finance Management
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by austinelex: 1:09am On Jun 19, 2017
Team16:
Visa Approved.

Transcript.
VO: Hi
Me: Hi, how are you doing?
VO: Good
Me: Awesome
VO: Why are you doing to the US?
Me: Christmas vacations and family annual meeting.
Vo: Do you have a family in US?
Me: Yes
Vo: Who
Me: My uncle
Vo: Where does he stay?
Me: Texas
Vo: Any other family in US
Me: Yes
Vo: Who?
Me: Another Uncle
Vo: Where does he stay
Me: Texas
Vo : Typing mode.
Visa Approved.
Time limit: 2 mins
Passport Pick up : 5 days time
happy for u ooo but are u d one sponsoring ur self or uncle pls more light
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 9:56am On Jun 19, 2017
Thank you Borryworld
borryworld:
Write as much as you really really really do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.