Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,838 members, 7,886,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1555809 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by webfocus(m): 10:37am On Jun 19, 2017
Just as lady guinevere suggested that i talk about d ommitted parts of the transcript...
vo ; tell me about the conference
me ; the conference brings together active youth changemakers and leaders in each community all over the world(130countries) to discuss , dialogue and create solution towards achieving a sustainable future using the sustainable development goal as a marker.
VO; tell me wat u stand to gain from the conference.
me ; i get to learn from the plenty sessions and workshops better ways in which youth can be engaged and participate more in achievin the sdg.

Meanwhile...any active youth in the ous wit wonderful experience in leadership and volunteering...can still apply...it ends in in 3 days.
Visit www.Youthassembly.nyc
when filing the form i dont av a travel history so i put nothing...i guess my tie was been a final year medical student and prolly cos my dad is d one sponsoring sha.
austinelex:
happy for u bro congrat pls while filling d ds160 form wat did u put as ur travel history and ties as a first tymer pls enlighten us up here
webfocus:
Hello House 
Had my interview today and my visa was issued..
My first tym applying....
Transcripts
Vo: GM, how are you doing today?
Me: very good ( wit a soft smile)
Vo: Where are you visiting
Me: manhattan , Newyork
VO: Why are you visiting?
Me : To attend the United nations youth assembly ( selected as a nigeria delegate) at the UN hq
Vo: ohh...Nice. ...tell me about the conference.
Me: (plenty yarns sha...)
Vo:  So how exactly do u stand to gain from the conference?
Me: (Told him )
Vo; so tell me how u were selected..
Me : I explained how I had to fill several forms online wit the activities I volunteer and partake in my communities.(he then looked at me in a way dat sent chills down my spine) and I explained d activities I partake in and how I am a student health advocate .
Vo ; who is sponsoring u and wat does he do?
Me ; (my dad and I explained wher he works )
Vo ; pick up ur visa

I was happy tho....even though I was very composed before and during the interview...buh the fact that his(VO's) attitude , facial expression and demeanour during the interview looked rather awkward and kinda cold and also due to d fact that he denied about 4 pple b4 me made me just lowkey.
Meanwhile I am a final year medical student billed to finish skul early 2018...no questions were asked about skul or any oda tin..

Plenty thanks to everyone on this forum....I mean plenty thanks..
I read through about 300 pages and saw several transcripts that looked similar like mine...I got prepared for any type of question I could prolly encounter at the interview and Voila. ....God Did it tho....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Neot77(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2017
Gd morning all,trying to book appointment but the the page is not opening. Is there any problem?. Is there anybody experiencing such issue too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jaybaby2017: 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
G'afternoon house. Please I tried booking an appointment and it brings out my last details and I can't change my passport number to the new one. What do I do.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dhollargurl(f): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
borryworld:
Write as much as you really really really do.
Yes, write all you do and don't hold back any relevant professional term. All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elandhas: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
My people

Am a silent reader and first time of appearing for interview at the us consulate ,Got B1/B2 visa for a family of 5 ,myself.,Wife and 3 kids (age 8,6 and 2) at Lagos us embassy (10.15am appointment )

The vo's were just issuing out blue paper as if its going out of fashion , a particular lady was questioned about her last visit to the us and if she had any encounter with immigration , she denied not knowing the vo had all the details including where she had her baby and stayed (she overstayed ), she was eventually denied visa.

Our interview lasted for about 2 minutes , here is the transcript below.

Vo: Good morning , you guys are going for family vacation ?

My son and daughter : yes , we want to travel to America (question wasn't directed to them )

Me : yes

Vo: where are you going to in the us ?
Kids and me: jointly Network
Vo: what do you do
Me : I work as Bleep at xxxx bank
Vo: what do you do madam .
Wife : am a skin therapist
Vo: where was it located
Wife : at no Bleep, Bleep street .
Vo : have you travelled as a family before ?

Me ; no
Vo: as individual
Me : yes , UK ( Scotland , Wales , London)
Vo: when
Me : 2010, 2014.

Vo; what's your official email address
Me : told him ( I didn't pur this anywhere for my D's 160 form o) guess he wanted to be sure I work where I claimed.

Vo : congratl kids , have a lovely summer holiday . na so he give me the white paper and put our passport alongside other.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
Congrats Elandhas
Buy ice-cream for the kids. They contributed like 90 percent to the success. Future applicants remember to keep your lol ones in the loop about your plans

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Elandhas:
My people

Am a silent reader and first time of appearing for interview at the us consulate ,Got B1/B2 visa for a family of 5 ,myself.,Wife and 3 kids (age 8,6 and 2) at Lagos us embassy (10.15am appointment )

Vo : congratl kids , have a lovely summer holiday . na so he give me the white paper and put our passport alongside other.
Enjoy your stay....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keleks: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello house. Please i will be travelling with my hubby and daughter by the end of the month to texas and we will be spending 10 days. Tho we will be staying in a hotel but one of my hubby's friend said we should bring some food stuff over for him, like groundnut, egusi, dried fish, palm oil and other things. Its our first time travelling to the us, i hope we wont encounter any problem at the POE, i no want problem o as a jjc lol. And pls can i visit any hospital in us to see a gynecologist? Just to ask some questions and possibly solutions for conceiving?. I dont want to disobey any immigration rules o. We have a b1/b2 visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Newbie12: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Good evening, help please. My sis intends to join her husband in the States and her interview is very soon, they ve got all the necessary documents, ds 160,passport, F1, F2, evidence of scholarship,marriage certificate, etc, please what kind of questions should she prepare for.. Her passport is Virgin. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by maxpaine(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Please can anyone tell me the Visa requirements for visitation to the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Team16(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
austinelex:
happy for u ooo but are u d one sponsoring ur self or uncle pls more light

All bills are on me though I wasn't asked to show or prove anything. Just what you saw up there. That's all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
maxpaine:
Please can anyone tell me the Visa requirements for visitation to the US?
visit ustraveldocs.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
keleks:
Hello house. Please i will be travelling with my hubby and daughter by the end of the month to texas and we will be spending 10 days. Tho we will be staying in a hotel but one of my hubby's friend said we should bring some food stuff over for him, like groundnut, egusi, dried fish, palm oil and other things. Its our first time travelling to the us, i hope we wont encounter any problem at the POE, i no want problem o as a jjc lol. And pls can i visit any hospital in us to see a gynecologist? Just to ask some questions and possibly solutions for conceiving?. I dont want to disobey any immigration rules o. We have a b1/b2 visa
Any processed foods OK. Eg roasted fish, meat, Garri etc. Idea behind is that the salmonella and evil germs are dead. Wrap in newspaper ist before nylon so it doesn't smell.
Groundnuts are roasted so it's OK.
No seeds allowed so the egusi has to be ground.
If carrying leaves they have to be cut and maybe dried Eg afang. Any thing that can be really planted is not allowed. Red oil Na For Naija airport them go harass you. Freeze and wrap it so the pressure dosent make it pour. If carrying PSP, dry it.
You can also google foods allowed by us cbp . It's comprehensive.
Most importantly you MUST declare ALL FOODS you carry.

Yes you may see a doctor. Just pay complete

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 12:10am On Jun 20, 2017
^^^ No meat at all.
Those harassers are not at the check-in counter anymore, so Palm oil is safe.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2017
Omo, which kind appointment are you talking about? Some of us have got multiple visas, others have Green Cards and others are even USCs. If you can't take the heat just get out of the kitchen already.

Nobody is here to hold anybody's hand. Everyone here is volunteering their time to assist those who want to be assisted without violating any laws. If that doesn't work for you, go look elsewhere

HATEmeNOT123:
Becos VO is here...He/She shud not express dia thought.
Even the person dem dey talk to sef don sucumb
Sometimes i wonder why... I arrived @ conclusion that some of u are trying to be nice and calm so that they may give u an appointment at the embassy.

HELL NO!

Again.. Do you know why some ppl dont post dia transcipt? Simply because some of you are rude wen responding to questions. If u dnt av anytin positive response to a ques.. Cant you just stay numb..even the stress u undergone to write that insultive words wud av give an answer that is not up to ur insultive write up. You need to change if you know you have that kind attitude.
NO fight just personal opinion.!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:32am On Jun 20, 2017
You qualify for Dropbox
Include both passports in the application.
In any case, the new passport contains the old passport number at the top right hand corner.
You should be fine

OmoBendel24:
Good afternoon all, a quick one here please. I seem to have forgotten the way round this (scratches head). I intend applying for a renewal of my B1/B2 Visa soon. I have all my previous US visas in my expired Nigeria passport (and I have not misplaced it too).

My travels to the US and other places this past one year plus were done on a new passport (combined with the old because of the visas in it). As a result of this new passport not carrying a US Visa (CBP stamps are on it though), expired or unexpired, FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSE, should I then just schedule an appointment and go the one-on-one interview route or am I rather qualified for the Dropbox still as I have always done before (if yes, do I send in both passports or what)? Thanks....

LadyG, Seye, Nerf, Tzetzefly, Constance, 9jaStar, Kaptain, wey una? Make una chook mouth put for me....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:34am On Jun 20, 2017
But the old passport is not an additional document.
It's still part of the new and contains proof of eligibility

seyewest:

Including the old passport won't work because when you do dropbox it must not come with any other additional document unless they requested for additional document (e.g old passport with visa) so apply for your dropbox and luckily you will fill the ds160 with the necessary visa number and code... that should give them a clue of what is going on.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:37am On Jun 20, 2017
In any case, the rules are clear.
There must have been at least one physical meeting between both parties to this marriage

TWoods:

You will run into problems convincing the consulate that you are really married. If he's marrying you, he should do the needful, come to Nigeria and marry you. Call me old school, but i don't believe a woman should be the one worrying about how a marriage is going to take place.

This sounds more like a scam to me. Why should your uncle be "helping matters"? Is he the one getting married? Thankfully America is getting wiser to these sort of scams. Good luck with your "marriage".
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:38am On Jun 20, 2017
This woman, you don come again!

Dem send you come? See as I day laugh sotay my daughter just day look me one kind eye like say I don craze

nefertitiram:

Because he is an international king and the king has US visa too.

In fact Uncle Trump knows him by name, so diafor the VOs must know him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:48am On Jun 20, 2017
We plenty way go even help nefertitiram sef tongue

JWTheocracy1:
hahahaha... but e never too late oo. You still go fit go outside go do. it's still out of wedlock.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Nope. You are 2 months outside the eligibility window

jaybaby2017:
Hello People, Please I need advice. My US visa expired 14months ago and I want to renew it now. Can I do drop box?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:50am On Jun 20, 2017
sugah:
^^^ No meat at all.
Those harassers are not at the check-in counter anymore, so Palm oil is safe.

And especially chicken. Not even indomie or knorr chicken.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 3:12am On Jun 20, 2017
nefertitiram:

And especially chicken. Not even indomie or knorr chicken.
Yup.
I had to especially look for indomie with chicken anything.

I miss my former life where i travel without foods. embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 5:25am On Jun 20, 2017
seyewest:

visit ustraveldocs.com

i sent you a mail seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2017
sugah:

Yup.
I had to especially look for indomie with chicken anything.

I miss my former life where i travel without foods. embarassed

Pele... After 30 years, they'll be grown and independent, you will have your old life back, hopefully with the same vigour and energy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2017
keleks:
If you see a doctor or gynecologist, make sure to pay your fees in full before leaving.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Habisoye: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Am intending travelling next month, but am just processing my passport, I just paid 35k for a 64-pages passport to an immigration officer today and he promised it will be ready by Friday this week.
Please advice me, does new passport hinder visa granting, I mean won't I be denied the visa to US bcox my passport is just issued, am booking appointments for interview at the embassy next month.
Also what does virgin passport, 64-pages and 32-pages passport really mean in terms of their advantages.

Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2017
Please how long does the visa payment fee receipt is valid for (though i saw 1yr in their website) but want to know if anyone has delayed scheduling an appointment after payment, i paid for my visa fee last week Wednesday but i have not booked an appointment as my hubby said i should hold on for him to renew his passport so that we apply together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2017
Habisoye:
Am intending travelling next month, but am just processing my passport, I just paid 35k for a 64-pages passport to an immigration officer today and he promised it will be ready by Friday this week.
Please advice me, does new passport hinder visa granting, I mean won't I be denied the visa to US bcox my passport is just issued, am booking appointments for interview at the embassy next month.
Also what does virgin passport, 64-pages and 32-pages passport really mean in terms of their advantages.

Thank you all.
Your success depends on your ties which is a lot of factors. Not just passport age.
Read back like 20 pages.... At least. U will be more enlightened
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2017
showerses:
Please how long does the visa payment fee receipt is valid for, i paid for my visa fee last week Wednesday but i have not booked an appointment as my hubby said i should hold on for him to renew his passport so that we apply together
One year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks Onye nkem and God bless you real good
LadyGuinivere:

One year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2017
showerses:
Please how long does the visa payment fee receipt is valid for (though i saw 1yr in their website) but want to know if anyone has delayed scheduling an appointment after payment, i paid for my visa fee last week Wednesday but i have not booked an appointment as my hubby said i should hold on for him to renew his passport so that we apply together
One year and wait for oga to renew his passport.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.