Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,838 members, 7,886,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1555802 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by baddest04: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2017
a friend of mine was refused a visa can he re apply immediately
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by baddest04: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2017
a friend of mine was refused a visa can he re apply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Why not. I would recommend YOU only reapply, when YOUR circumstances have changed w.r.t ties to Nigeria.

baddest04:
a friend of mine was refused a visa can he re apply immediately
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by uforeal: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Many thanks to Seye, LADYG and others are making your numerous and insightful contributions on the travel section of Nairaland forum.

I got b1/b2 visas in September 2016 to attend a skill acquisition in USA, the training would be

sponsored by the company, but I couldn't attend the training then,because of the work load towards

(Overhauling on different clients oil Platform the end of last year). I will travel in September this year

and I might spend three to four months, because of some of the new Processes/Techniques

that I will acquire and perfect the skill as I will be required to transfer the skill/knowledge to my subordinates

in the company.A friend of my told me that spending four months in America could be problem (even if the company

is sponsoring the training) should I want to visit some other time.Please, I need your advise on this matter ,because I will

want to visit USA with my family after the training and apply for renewal of the visa before expiration(October 2018)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2017
showerses:
Please how long does the visa payment fee receipt is valid for (though i saw 1yr in their website) but want to know if anyone has delayed scheduling an appointment after payment, i paid for my visa fee last week Wednesday but i have not booked an appointment as my hubby said i should hold on for him to renew his passport so that we apply together
We have had one since last year for my elderly aunt, just used it to schedule an appointment lately with just four days left for it to be one year old, and it worked still....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Mehn! you will need to meet a nice CBP Officer and be able to explain why you missed the first trip, in addition to the English you will speak, I recommend you take these along with you, documentation is evidence of intent. The purpose of these documents is to show that you are legit. DO NOT CARRY YOUR CV OR CREDENTIALS THAT CAN BE USED TO GET A JOB. Meanwhile if you get deported, it may or may not affect your families chances of getting a visa, but you won't be able to get one until the time has been served.
1. Your payslips
2. Your letter of employment
3. Your letter of promotion
4. Letter of sponsorship for the first training, you didn't go for.
5. Letter of sponsorship for the training you are going for, for 3-4 months
6. Enough cash on you.
7. Bank statement
8. Be honest with the US CBP officer.
9. Company ID Card
All the best! aaaaaaand let us know how it went!

uforeal:

Many thanks to Seye, LADYG and others are making your numerous and insightful contributions on the travel section of Nairaland forum.

I got b1/b2 visas in September 2016 to attend a skill acquisition in USA, the training would be

sponsored by the company, but I couldn't attend the training then,because of the work load towards

(Overhauling on different clients oil Platform the end of last year). I will travel in September this year

and I might spend three to four months, because of some of the new Processes/Techniques

that I will acquire and perfect the skill as I will be required to transfer the skill/knowledge to my subordinates

in the company.A friend of my told me that spending four months in America could be problem (even if the company

is sponsoring the training) should I want to visit some other time.Please, I need your advise on this matter ,because I will

want to visit USA with my family after the training and apply for renewal of the visa before expiration(October 2018)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2017
uforeal:

On official assignment still na? And all expense paid too, ba? As long as you can have proof backing all of these you just wrote subsequently and do without touching any free thing meant for their citizens only, and be law abiding there too, you wouldn't have an issue next time out. How long where you supposed to spend the other time you couldn't go by the way?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Oga Seyewest I am loyal Sir , Oshe
seyewest:

One year and wait for oga to renew his passport.... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by naijaboy756: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2017
Dear Nairalanders, my friend is currently an MBA student. While filing the form, provisions were made for start and end dates. As a current student, we chose the day we filled the form as end dates since no provision was made for 'till date'.

Did we err? And what can we do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by uforeal: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2017
OmoBendel24:

On official assignment still na? And all expense paid too, ba? As long as you can have proof backing all of these you just wrote subsequently and do without touching any free thing meant for their citizens only, and be law abiding there too, you wouldn't have an issue next time out. How long where you supposed to spend the other time you couldn't go by the way?

Three to four months.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by showerses: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oh good thank you
OmoBendel24:

We have had one since last year for my elderly aunt, just used it to schedule an appointment lately with just four days left for it to be one year old, and it worked still....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amos4real(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
dotcomnamename:

As long as the conference organiser did not indicate that the conference is for only locals, you're 100% free to apply. However, the VO has the final decision. For instance, there is a conference in US i recently scheduled an appointment for and i have confirmed if i am good to apply as i'm travelling from Dublin. I emailed them and i also gave them phone calls and i got positive reply. I'm the type that always make sure i provide more than required documents for visa applications, so i always communicate directly with conference organisers by email to confirm the validity & genuineness, where i am coming from to attend the conference. They always give me the best answer.

However, always try to contact the conference organiser and let the organiser know that you're coming from outside the state even though you have indicated that on your online conference registration form.

PLEASE NOTE: This is only what i've been doing myself.

Least i forgot, if anyone need 100% free conference, let me know, i will try find one for you. Not guarantee, but i will try. I've given just few people and some of them got their US visa with it. Once you should your conference are of interest i will contact you via nairaland mail if i get any for you or not. Pls don't send me pm about this, don't leave your contact details here. If you think i'm going too far in this regard pls do not hesitate to do the needful by exposing me here grin. Show your interest here and lets help ourselves grin yes lets help ourselves.. LadyGuinivere abi no be so? grin Happy weekend to you all! cheesy

Hello, bro and all members of the group i need a free conference on laboratory equipments manufacturers in USA for september/october 2071, I have travel experience , have travel to UK and France, i will appreciate you if you can get me one or two . thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
uforeal:

Three to four months.

Hardly will there be an ish if this was part of the visa granting process in itself then....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veegal: 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
Kudos to all the gurus in the house! I am married with 2 kids and I applied for a B1/B2 visa with my daughter (4yrs). Hubby couldn't get his leave approved the same time with mine( medical profession) I am also employed ( total monthly income 245k), 7yrs experience. I intend taking my last child almost 2yrs to stay with my sister while I'm away. I have 2 elder bros who are US citizens (born there). One of them hasn't been home for 10years, I booked a hotel in the same state where they live ( contact address). My primary purpose of traveling is for vacation and as well see my brother whom I haven't seen in a while. I have traveled to the UK, Dubai and I hot an expired German Visa I didn't use 6yrs ago. In my DS form I filled my child as the only Dependant, have submitted and got an interview appointment. Now, my mum (retired) showed interest in visiting the US to see my brother, we have paid and filled the form for her and she's likely to have a different interview date with us. My question is, should we have applied together that is included her as one of my Dependants? More so, my brother filed for citizenship on her behalf some 13yrs ago which she asked him to stop that she wasn't interested in living there. Meanwhile, my mum came to the US with an F2 visa in mid '70s, schooled there and had my 2 bros (8yrs). They all came back to Nigeria and hasn't visited for long now. Secondly, how do I present this scenario at the interview? I still have 2weeks to my appointment, mum hasn't got an appointment yet. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stanleych007: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello gurus pls kindly advice what I should do. Am going for my interview on Thursday, am required to attend a conference next month but my invitation letter is yet to be sent owing to the delay from the courier services handling the letter, abd I can't reschedule the interview cos of the time. Pls advice if I can still go on without the letter or isit compulsory.. Pls pls an experienced response needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
veegal:
Kudos to all the gurus in the house! I am married with 2 kids and I applied for a B1/B2 visa with my daughter (4yrs). Hubby couldn't get his leave approved the same time with mine( medical profession) I am also employed ( total monthly income 245k), 7yrs experience. I intend taking my last child almost 2yrs to stay with my sister while I'm away. I have 2 elder bros who are US citizens (born there). One of them hasn't been home for 10years, I booked a hotel in the same state where they live ( contact address). My primary purpose of traveling is for vacation and as well see my brother whom I haven't seen in a while. I have traveled to the UK, Dubai and I hot an expired German Visa I didn't use 6yrs ago. In my DS form I filled my child as the only Dependant, have submitted and got an interview appointment. Now, my mum (retired) showed interest in visiting the US to see my brother, we have paid and filled the form for her and she's likely to have a different interview date with us. My question is, should we have applied together that is included her as one of my Dependants? More so, my brother filed for citizenship on her behalf some 13yrs ago which she asked him to stop that she wasn't interested in living there. Meanwhile, my mum came to the US with an F2 visa in mid '70s, schooled there and had my 2 bros (8yrs). They all came back to Nigeria and hasn't visited for long now. Secondly, how do I present this scenario at the interview? I still have 2weeks to my appointment, mum hasn't got an appointment yet. Thanks.

As far as I know there's no where in DS160 form where they ask for dependant except your schedule profile page and that it self is if the dependent is applying as well.. well as for mom I believe she's good to go and the earlier filing for citizenship won't affect her. get a date for mom and hopefully you will be able to convince the v.o you have enough ties to return to naija.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
Stanleych007:
Hello gurus pls kindly advice what I should do. Am going for my interview on Thursday, am required to attend a conference next month but my invitation letter is yet to be sent owing to the delay from the courier services handling the letter, abd I can't reschedule the interview cos of the time. Pls advice if I can still go on without the letter or isit compulsory.. Pls pls an experienced response needed
Don't reschedule all you need to do is get a mail from the conference organizer about the reason why there's delay in getting your letter of invitation also the letter of invitation is not really the most important issue in granting you a visit visa but your ties to Nigeria which you should know if you go through the forum. In conclusion don't worry about the letter of invitation they may not ask for it... worry about these; Are you married? Do you have kids? how long have you been working? how much do you earn? have you travel out before? etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
You fixing on going for the conference in your dotage?

amos4real:

Hello, bro and all members of the group i need a free conference on laboratory equipments manufacturers in USA for september/october 2071, I have travel experience , have travel to UK and France, i will appreciate you if you can get me one or two . thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
9jaStar:

what's dotage?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
dot·age
[noun]
the period of life in which a person is old and weak.
"you could live here and look after me in my dotage"

seyewest:
what's dotage?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
9jaStar:
dot·age
[noun]
the period of life in which a person is old and weak.
"you could live here and look after me in my dotage"

lolzzz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
He said he wants to go in 2071 na

seyewest:
lolzzz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
seyewest:
lolzzz
seye pls read ur mail
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
veegal:

Not like your case is particularly bad, but will just ask, WHY HOTEL?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
honeyoluwatoyin:
seye pls read ur mail
I don't have any unread email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Not like your case is particularly bad, but will just ask, WHY HOTEL?
Maybe it's her way of passing a message across to the V.O she has no intention of staying back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
seyewest:
Maybe it's her way of passing a message across to the V.O she has no intention of staying back.

Yeah, pretty obvious for now my brother, and not really necessary in my opinion in this particular situation if I may add, unless there are better reasons for such decision. In the same city? Is the brother's (a US citizen by birth) house that small, unaccommodating, not available or this is just for the purpose of lessening ties to the US? Hubby (medical profession, dont know which though) and other child not travelling if true is a tie on its own, her pay, years of experience at work and primary purpose of travel (part B, the "and as well see my brother whom I haven't seen in a while" part) ain't bad, travel history isn't too good for her case but not bad at all too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
My wife and kid got a US visa which will expire at the end of the year. We have a new kid now and I want to know how my family can reapply while my new kid applies from scratch considering that my wife and son would probably be entitled to drop box and the new kid isn't. Is there an option of ignoring the drop box so they all can go to the interview together?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Gaggi:
Hi,
My wife and kid got a US visa which will expire at the end of the year. We have a new kid now and I want to know how my family can reapply while my new kid applies from scratch considering that my wife and son would probably be entitled to drop box and the new kid isn't. Is there an option of ignoring the drop box so they all can go to the interview together?

Yes, there is. Or the two go the Dropbox route while either your wife (the better option in this case) or you take the new kid for his/her interview having fulfilled all the requirements from scratch. Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yes, there is. Or the two go the Dropbox route while either your wife (the better option in this case) or you take the new kid for his/her interview having fulfilled all the requirements from scratch. Regards

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
9jaStar:

Are you for real now?! You are blowing big grammar on NL! Ok. Jisike! Kontinu! Lol
Evul someborry cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, pretty obvious for now my brother, and not really necessary in my opinion in this particular situation if I may add, unless there are better reasons for such decision. In the same city? Is the brother's (a US citizen by birth) house that small, unaccommodating, not available or this is just for the purpose of lessening ties to the US? Hubby (medical profession, dont kniw which though) and other child not travelling if true is a tie on its own, her pay and years of experience at work ain't bad, travel history isn't too good for her case but not bad at all too.
You're right even though her travel history is not the best but still passable... the hotel is a no no if she's gonna be in the same state with her family..

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.