Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,318 members, 7,900,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:07 PM

Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? (5491 Views)

Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? / Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible / What Do Reverend Fathers Know About Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2009
kokoye:

Samething as wives who look to Oprah for advice when running their families.
What are they going to gain from advice from oprah.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Nezed(f): 11:02am On May 06, 2009
Had a thot i wanted to share wt d house that wld be very enlightenin on d above issue, but dis comment:

I AGREE. HOW CAN THEY ADVISE ON MARRIAGE WHEN MOST OF THEM ARE GAY OR CHILD MOLESTERS

Was definitely negative 2 my faith, so am out, lipsrsealed
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 11:30am On May 06, 2009
Nezed:

Had a thot i wanted to share wt d house that wld be very enlightenin on d above issue, but dis comment:

I AGREE. HOW CAN THEY ADVISE ON MARRIAGE WHEN MOST OF THEM ARE GAY OR CHILD MOLESTERS

Was definitely negative 2 my faith, so am out, lipsrsealed
Is that enough reason for you not to say your mind,dont forget this is a free speech forum,so go ahead and say your mind.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Becalm(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2009
Priests are qualified to counsel married couples because they grew up in a family and experienced by treating many family problems of different parishoners over the years. They must not necessarily be married to counsel just like football coaches must not be necessarily be retired footballers. The successful football coaches in the recent time were never footballers.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 06, 2009
u guys  r gettin it all wrong. in d catholic church, dey av a compulsory 6months pre-marriage course handled by d priest and d laity ( married men & women) .  d priest basically handles d biblical aspect of marriage while other aspects like sex r handled by married men & women. if u guys r still not sure, den go ask a priest ur self! REMEMBER DAT NOT ALL COACHES WERE ONCE FOOTBALLERS.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Nobody: 11:54am On May 06, 2009
u guys  r gettin it all wrong. in d catholic church, dey av a compulsory 6months pre-marriage course handled by d priest and d laity ( married men & women) .  d priest basically handles d biblical aspect of marriage while other aspects like sex r handled by married men & women. if u guys r still not sure, den go ask a priest ur self! REMEMBER DAT NOT ALL COACHES WERE ONCE FOOTBALLERS.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2009
you cant counsel a couple except you are married yourself. There are so many things that make up a marriage.You can compare football coach to marriage. one can become a coach by merely watching football tapes,but you cant be a marriage councellor to a woman that is sex starved by her husband, because we are made to understand that they dont have sex talkless of keeping a girl friend.So forget the fact that they grew up in a family,does the Rev. father knows what goes on when his parents quarell and so on.Coming from a family is not enough.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by topeokunol: 12:29pm On May 06, 2009
segyemaro:

you cant counsel a couple except you are married yourself. There are so many things that make up a marriage.You can compare football coach to marriage. one can become a coach by merely watching football tapes,but you cant be a marriage councellor to a woman that is sex starved by her husband, because we are made to understand that they dont have sex talkless of keeping a girl friend.So forget the fact that they grew up in a family,does the Rev. father knows what goes on when his parents quarell and so on.Coming from a family is not enough.
I QUITE AGREE WITH YOU,YOU CANT GIVE WHAT YOU DONT HAVE,I CANT PERSONALLY RELEASE MY WIFE TO A REV.FATHER FOR COUNSELLING BECAUSE WHAT WOULD HE ADVISE HER ON?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by angela2170: 1:20pm On May 06, 2009
Rev.fathers dont have the experience and they are not virgins either.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by slyk2(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2009
Book knowledge is always limited, those with first hand knowledge from practice are better for such advice.

can a potter advice a gold seller?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by topeokunol: 2:46pm On May 06, 2009
sly-k:

Book knowledge is always limited, those with first hand knowledge from practice are better for such advice.

can a potter advice a gold seller?
NO WAYYYYYY
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Carlosein(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2009
topeokunol:

I QUITE AGREE WITH YOU,YOU CANT GIVE WHAT YOU DONT HAVE,I CANT PERSONALLY RELEASE MY WIFE TO A REV.FATHER FOR COUNSELLING BECAUSE WHAT WOULD HE ADVISE HER ON?

too biased to be objective. look at the topic again man!
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by realpastor: 3:41pm On May 06, 2009
i cant comment on this.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by gracearo73: 4:57pm On May 06, 2009
No they are not qualified.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by andypash(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2009
They can you ask why the in the old testatment when he act or speak he stand for God not for himselm weather a pastor or any anointed man of God is given the grace to cousel any one,any matter Jesus did
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by steroid: 10:40am On May 07, 2009
i wonder hw on earth football will be compared to marriage. if you ve not been into marriage, you can never know

what its like and there4 rev. fathers are not qualified.

Marriage is not something for experimentation( it is written or dem say dem say). U must know what U are talking

about(experience)
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by luxoire(f): 1:17pm On May 07, 2009
why oh why are some of you so narrow minded and short sighted? forget the physical constraints put on a priest by his religion and think that he is as spiritually rich as your married pastor - for your married pastor may even be in a worst boat as he may be married, but be divorced with children who are unruly etc, his experience may influence his teachings.

that a rev father has never been married does not mean he is not qualified to counsel you on marriage. They counsel you on how to have Christian marriage. how to make sure the foundation of your marriage is based on christian values. how to ensure your marriage succeeds through trials and tribulations, because you put God in it's center. You live a christian life and that in its own makes forgives easier, makes love effortless and makes marriage blissfull, because you always trust God to reveal himself always and see you through the hard times, praising him in the good times.
in every church the 'head ' of the church is considered the most experienced person in christian teachings and principles. so you turn to them for guidance NOT solutions to your marriage problems.

who is to say a pastor with matrimonial problems; what one would consider an unhealthy marriage or problems at home, with unruly children who have drifted away from God (and forget their unified face, alot of pastors have marriage problems - they too are human) is in the best position to offer advise to couples with new born babies (who may be happier in their marriage the the pastor) or offer advise on how to raise kids closer to the church?

Pastor is priest they both have their advantages and disadvantages I think if a couple trusts their priest / pastor to guide them through their marriage life, then that priest will do so with the power of the Holy Spirit and though that the spirit will manifest itself in his words and advise.

LOOK NOT ON THE PHYSICAL RESTRAINTS POSED BY THEIR RELIGION OR WAY OF WORSHIP BUT RATHER LOOK ONTO THEIR FAITH, THEIR RICHNESS IN SPIRIT AND CLOSENESS TO CHRIST. they are merely a vessel to deliver God's Good News to us, married or single, rich or poor, black or white - they preach the same message of FAITH in God and living a Christ-like (christian) life in marriage and everything you do.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by slimfine(f): 9:10am On May 08, 2009
I believe Rev. fathers are qualified to give marriage counsel however, you may get a better advice and counsel from a married person.
saying that they are not qualified because they not married is same thing as saying you have to be once mad to be a good psychiatrist.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by slimfine(f): 9:12am On May 08, 2009
I believe Rev. fathers are qualified to give marriage counsel however, you may get a better advice and counsel from a married person.
saying that they are not qualified because they not married is same thing as saying you have to be once mad to be a good psychiatrist.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by pek(m): 10:53am On May 08, 2009
[/Rev.fathers dont have the experience and they are not virgins either.quote]

even when people dont believe it, this is very true. i went to a seminary school and what went on ther cannot be explained here.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by pek(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2009
[/Rev.fathers dont have the experience and they are not virgins either.quote]

even when people dont believe it, this is very true. i went to a seminary school and what went on ther cannot be explained here.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2009
Pek,pls explain just little for us .
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by MrCrackles(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2009
Whilst i think it is advisable to seek advise from sensible older people, it doesnt mean Reverend fathers are qualified to advise couples!

Will sensible couples take an advise from a Reverend father who impregnates young ladies and shags married women in his place of worship?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by luxoire(f): 3:00pm On May 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Whilst i think it is advisable to seek advise from sensible older people, it doesnt mean Reverend fathers are qualified to advise couples!

Will sensible couples take an advise from a Reverend father [b]who impregnates young ladies and shags married women in his place of worship?[/[/b]font]

the highlighted is not just related to Rev fathers - pastors do it too - infact some of them may they THINK they are BETTER to do it, because their religion does not require them to be celibate LIES!!
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2009
Correct
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by MrCrackles(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2009
luxoire:

the highlighted is not just related to Rev fathers - pastors do it too - infact some of them may they THINK they are BETTER to do it, because their religion does not require them to be celibate LIES!!

I know it applies to pastors and other men of God too, but staying with the topic is what i am all about!
cool
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2009
Are Rev.fathers qualified to counsel couples? My answer has been no and it will still remain so bicos this can only be done by those wit experience.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by bsanya(f): 11:42am On May 11, 2009
No!
They dnt av the xperience and they dnt know the practical aspect of marriage.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by bsanya(f): 11:44am On May 11, 2009
No!
They dnt av the xperience and they dnt know the practical aspect of marriage.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by bsanya(f): 11:51am On May 11, 2009
They av no xperience @ all and they lack the practical aspect of marriage. Simple
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 6:40pm On May 11, 2009
Yea,they have no experience
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by MannyCEO: 2:36pm On May 13, 2009
my summary is that some coaches never played soccer but posses the knowledge to counsel other players, ;, do the mathematics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / How To Brainwash The Christian Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.