Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,290 members, 7,900,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:48 PM

Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? (5489 Views)

Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? / Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible / What Do Reverend Fathers Know About Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 11:53pm On May 13, 2009
Marriage is not like a game of football or mathematics. If u are not in it,you cant talk about it.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Lady2(f): 10:49pm On May 15, 2009
Yup they're not fit, kind of how mothers can't counsel their sons because they are not men/fathers.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2009
Thats correct
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by arowolo888: 6:32pm On May 17, 2009
they are not qualified to counsel couples because they lack the experience,they cant give what they dont have.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by marvisken: 4:01pm On May 18, 2009
arowolo888:

they are not qualified to counsel couples because they lack the experience,they cant give what they dont have.
agreed
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by emmy4naira(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2009
l want to say with all conviction that ignorance is killing everyone in this forum. has any of you wonder what it means to counsel, as a matter of fact l want to say that most of the rev. frs. know more about marriage counselling than the married whatevers, u guys have forgotten that it takes knwledge and wisdom to counsel.

everything that happens to man on earth deals with the mind and if the mind can be studied, why should we have problem with experience or no experience. ladies and gentlemen this is what is called psychology,

think about it!!!
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by emmy4naira(m): 4:17pm On May 18, 2009
l want to say with all conviction that ignorance is killing everyone in this forum. has any of you wonder what it means to counsel, as a matter of fact l want to say that most of the rev. frs. know more about marriage counselling than the married whatevers, u guys have forgotten that it takes knwledge and wisdom to counsel.

everything that happens to man on earth deals with the mind and if the mind can be studied, why should we have problem with experience or no experience. ladies and gentlemen this is what we call psychology,

think about it!!!
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2009
I dont agree wit u my friend
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Lady2(f): 3:48am On May 19, 2009
arowolo888:

So because a mother does not have a penis she cannot counsel her son?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:16am On May 19, 2009
Lol lady you go kill me one day, your analogies still always make me laugh. What makes rev fathers good marriage counselors anyway?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2009
A mother can counsel her son with or without penis
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by realpastor: 9:06pm On May 19, 2009
may God help us.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Lady2(f): 11:23pm On May 19, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Lol lady you go kill me one day, your analogies still always make me laugh. What makes rev fathers good marriage counselors anyway?

glad it made u laugh but seriously according to ppl u can't be good at counselling if u didn't go through it urself.
I've never had children but I have given sound advice to women with children on what to do about situations involving their children.
There are unmarried therapists and they do marriage couselling, some of them have been divorced and yet people flock to them for counseling.

The guys said if u don't have it or if u haven't been in that situation u can't counsel a person. Well mothers don't have penis and they can never be a father, yet they counsel their sons. or are we going to say women can't counsel their sons again?

What makes Rev. Fathers good counsellors?
Because they know what entails a marriage. You don't have to be married to know what it takes to make a marriage work. Also because they are not married it actually puts them in a better position to give counsel. Those who are married tend to bring in their own relationships and experiences into their counsels and quite frankly their relationship has absolutely nothing to do with the couple they're counselling. Rev. Fathers can step back and look at the situation with a fresh mind and with no bias.

I'm going to get a video to post for u by a bishop on marriage. my comp is acting up right now so will do later.

btw? where have u been? i so completely missed u

segyemaro:

A mother can counsel her son with or without penis

so why can't rev.fathers counsel with or without marriage? u don't have to have it or go through it to know how to help others in it.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Lady2(f): 11:31pm On May 19, 2009
@chrisbenogor

if u have the chance look up fulto j sheen on youtube and listen to what he says about love.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by topeokunol: 9:31pm On May 20, 2009
~Lady~:

glad it made u laugh but seriously according to ppl u can't be good at counselling if u didn't go through it urself.
I've never had children but I have given sound advice to women with children on what to do about situations involving their children.
There are unmarried therapists and they do marriage couselling, some of them have been divorced and yet people flock to them for counseling.

The guys said if u don't have it or if u haven't been in that situation u can't counsel a person. Well mothers don't have penis and they can never be a father, yet they counsel their sons. or are we going to say women can't counsel their sons again?

What makes Rev. Fathers good counsellors?
Because they know what entails a marriage. You don't have to be married to know what it takes to make a marriage work. Also because they are not married it actually puts them in a better position to give counsel. Those who are married tend to bring in their own relationships and experiences into their counsels and quite frankly their relationship has absolutely nothing to do with the couple they're counselling. Rev. Fathers can step back and look at the situation with a fresh mind and with no bias.

I'm going to get a video to post for u by a bishop on marriage. my comp is acting up right now so will do later.

btw? where have u been? i so completely missed u

so why can't rev.fathers counsel with or without marriage? u don't have to have it or go through it to know how to help others in it.
Lady,i do not agree with you. giving cousel to children is different from doing same to married couples.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by realpastor: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2009
topeokunol:

Lady,i do not agree with you. giving cousel to children is different from doing same to married couples.
may God help us
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2009
Yes God will indeed help us.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by topeokunol: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
yes oooooooo
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by marvisjoy: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2009
you must know a game before you can teach someone.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by touchmeder: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2009
lady made sense to me.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2009
Na which sense u want?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
A week ago i learnt that a couple dragged themselves before Rev Fatger, the man said his wife is too dull on bed that she was packaged to him from the village,that he is getting married to another woman that can fully satisfy him. While the woman is saying that her husband is also dull that he doesnt touch the vital part of her body to make her reach her orgasm on time. So the Rev Father was to settle and counsel this couple. And we are made to believe that Rev Fathers are pure virgins,and dont know anything about sex,so how do you thik he can handle it because you must be a master of a game before you can coach it.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
Were are the catholics?we want to hear you take on this.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by eghosaobas: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2009
NO they are not qualified,you cant give what you dont have.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hmmm
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Lady2(f): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2009
topeokunol:

How is it different?

segyemaro:

A week ago i learnt that a couple dragged themselves before Rev Fatger, the man said his wife is too dull on bed that she was packaged to him from the village,that he is getting married to another woman that can fully satisfy him. While the woman is saying that her husband is also dull that he doesnt touch the vital part of her body to make her reach her orgasm on time. So the Rev Father was to settle and counsel this couple. And we are made to believe that Rev Fathers are pure virgins,and dont know anything about sex,so how do you thik he can handle it because you must be a master of a game before you can coach it.

Who leads you to believe?
Popular knowledge doesn't make it true. It is usually assumed that because Rev. Fathers cannot marry that they must be virgins.
There are some Rev. Fathers that were married before becoming Priests, their wives died and so they decided not to marry again and felt called to the Priesthood.
Also most of them have been through college and were put in tempting situations.
One I know was an Ob/Gyn before he became a Priest.
Another one that was highlighted in a magazine was a financier and was very successful, he made well into the upper 6 figures on wall street and was not satisfied with his life. He left all that to become a Priest and is much happier.
A woman who also worked on wall street was disatisfied with her life and left wall street to become a cloistered nun.

If more and more people were to sit and talk to Priests they will be very surprised.

Also a big shocker for people is that there are married Priests. People just don't know this.
When Anglican Priests convert to the Catholic faith they are usually married and wish to continue as Priests, so they are allowed to do so.
In the Eastern Church the Priests are allowed to marry but they must be married before they can become Priests and they cannot be Bishops.

People need to get over the stereotype and actually find things out.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
Lady,are you sure with all you ve just said?is it right for a divorcee or a widower to go into priesthood?pls i want to know cos i am not a catholic.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by marvisken: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2009
lady pls answer cos i want to know
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by osaromike: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2010
no they are not qualified,cos they dont get married.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
osaromike:

no they are not qualified,cos they dont get married.

Does this mean we should disregard Jesus' teachings about marriage and divorce  Because Jesus himself was never married
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by afiq(m): 6:36am On Jan 12, 2010
They are more than qualified. Do not belittle them just because they are Priest/Pastor. Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by pstbolanta: 11:25am On Jan 13, 2010
you people are funny on this forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / How To Brainwash The Christian Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.