Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,315 members, 7,900,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? (5490 Views)

Do Pastors/reverend Fathers/bishops E.t.c Also Pay Tithe? / Are Reverend Fathers And The Catholic Church As A Whole Not Disobeying The Bible / What Do Reverend Fathers Know About Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Knight1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
For those of you who have experienced marriage counseling from married pastors, question; What did they tell you that was entirely new to you ie that u ddnt know before? It's not ESSENTIALLY the 'marriedness' of the pastors that that make them able to counsel, one of the things is that you respect the person(ie d pastor) speaking to you and so are ready to accept what he says 2. I feel we are assuming that the counsellor speaks with his own wisdom, forgetting God who gives wisdom to his servants 3. Professional counsellors counsel on wide range of issues of which they have no prior experience on and their propositions help make ppl's lives better so Can a Priest Counsel on Marriage? YES!!! OF COURSE.

PS. All references to priests are for genuine servants of God not philanderers and thieves etc
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by topeokunol: 11:14am On Jan 18, 2010
Knight1:

For those of you who have experienced marriage counseling from married pastors, question; What did they tell you that was entirely new to you ie that u ddnt know before? It's not ESSENTIALLY the 'marriedness' of the pastors that that make them able to counsel, one of the things is that you respect the person(ie d pastor) speaking to you and so are ready to accept what he says 2. I feel we are assuming that the counsellor speaks with his own wisdom, forgetting God who gives wisdom to his servants 3. Professional counsellors counsel on wide range of issues of which they have no prior experience on and their propositions help make ppl's lives better so Can a Priest Counsel on Marriage? YES!!! OF COURSE.

PS. All references to priests are for genuine servants of God not philanderers and thieves etc
i can see you are a knight,thats why the supports.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by Knight1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
I can assure you the name has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the Catholic church or any church at all. I've never even seen the inside of a catholic church or even know any Revd Father sef. Just stating as i see it.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by omahost005: 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
~Lady~:

according to ppl u can't be good at counselling if u didn't go through it urself.
I've never had children but I have given sound advice to women with children on what to do about situations involving their children.
There are unmarried therapists and they do marriage couselling, some of them have been divorced and yet people flock to them for counseling.

The guys said if u don't have it or if u haven't been in that situation u can't counsel a person. Well mothers don't have manliness and they can never be a father, yet they counsel their sons. or are we going to say women can't counsel their sons again?

What makes Rev. Fathers good counsellors?
Because they know what entails a marriage. You don't have to be married to know what it takes to make a marriage work. Also because they are not married it actually puts them in a better position to give counsel. Those who are married tend to bring in their own relationships and experiences into their counsels and quite frankly their relationship has absolutely nothing to do with the couple they're counselling. Rev. Fathers can step back and look at the situation with a fresh mind and with no bias.

I'm going to get a video to post for u by a bishop on marriage. my comp is acting up right now so will do later.

so why can't rev.fathers counsel with or without marriage? u don't have to have it or go through it to know how to help others in it u.

i totaly agree with.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by omahost005: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ breaker

u better ask God 2 4give u.

Who are u 2 judge? & why are u talking like a prematured baby?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by realpastor: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2010
omahost005:

@ breaker

u better ask God 2 4give u.

Who are u 2 judge? & why are u talking like a prematured baby?
God bless you my brother.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by didoburns(m): 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2010
I see most of you have a wrong view of Catholic View on Marriage
first of all there is a six months pre wedding programme every intending couple must take in which any Issue concerning marriage would be discussed by professionals, priest and also married couples
then their is the Marriage sponsors who are experienced elderly couple chosen by the couples or their families who they believe would be a good example to the new couple
then the priest we believe by his calling and training during which he stays with different families from whom he learns a few things then his experience with people over the years also equips him for the job,
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2010
they are not qualified
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by TewMuch: 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2010
Do you think rev father's are like your 6week training pastors? Most of them are PhD holders. Especially in the feilds of psychology and counselling.First look at the minimum requirement to become a reverend father.Its not like ur pastors scamming you to give them all your money.All their advice is money and prosperity teaching.Daft.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by segyemaro(m): 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
tewmuch,me and you dey quarrel?
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by TheClown: 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2010
@segyemaro

Its not all about quarrel but instead of just making a flat write-off of Rev. Frs qualification to give marriage counselings, you should have at least stated why you think they are not qualified. My observation is that most people approach topics with predetermined and biased opinions with even trying to analyze.
Yes, Rev. Frs are not married but does that alone disqualify them from giving marriage counseling? What of experiences in the course of carrying out their duties? what of the extensive training they went through before becoming Rev.Frs? Does a doctor have to suffer from a particular ailment before he can prescribe solutions?
I encourage some of you to drop your prejudices and look at the organization of the Catholic Church on particular matter before you make you conclusions. When everyone comes here and blurt his own stereotyped information fed into him, no one would learn anything new, all we would succeed in doing is just airing rigid views and arguing, with no one ready to understand or even get informed with the fact.

Shallom.
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by UyiIredia(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
They are fit to. Being married isn't a criteria for one to advise couples. Being of a sound mind & full of wisdom is paramount.

by the way >>> i ain't Catholic
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by gst101: 10:24am On Apr 15, 2012
@segyemaro i am so sorry we can not help you cure your chronic illlness called anti-catholic sentiment. Unfortunately, thats whats lead you to your untimely end.
Oh!, i am sorry i was too harsh on you
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by italo: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2012
Lol
Re: Are Reverend Fathers Qualified To Advise Couples? by rastamouse: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2012
I believe that marriage should be experienced for one to be in a better position to advise. There are so many variables in marriage that can never be learnt from books. If you are not married, you can advise but I think you are not better qualified in that regard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / How To Brainwash The Christian Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.