Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,512 members, 7,965,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:20 AM

Am I Good Enough For Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Good Enough For Him (850 Views)

You Can't Be Good Enough For A Man Who Is Not Ready. / If She Is Not Good Enough To Be Your Wife, Then Don't Sleep With Her! / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Good Enough For Him by blossom4: 9:42am On May 12, 2009
NAIRALAND members,

I hope everyone is well.

Please ooo I need some advice!!!!!

There is this igbo guy who is just finished his medical degree (yes the whole 7 years) and is now looking for a woman to spend his life with.

Now how it stands I am the woman he is trying to court. I just finished my degree in Accounting but am not yet in a good established job as he will be in. I'm also an igbo lady and am so determined but I don't know if he will be interested as I have not established myself in a good career. I am 23 living in the UK and he is 28 so there is also the age gap. Do you think a doctor would be interested in someone like me?

undecided
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by IFELEKE(m): 9:50am On May 12, 2009
he is interested in you that is why he is trying to court you.What you need do is to overcome your fears and play along(if you are interested in him).
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by bluespice(f): 10:04am On May 12, 2009
no!
u lack self confidence
no one, i mean no 'normal' person wants that
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Ben13: 10:09am On May 12, 2009
Even wiff your degree, you still lack confidence.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by blossom4: 10:14am On May 12, 2009
THATS probably TRUE BLUESPICE.

As much as your words are harsh. but I am regaining it. I was in a silly relationship before with another niger boy who messed up my confidence, or I submitted to his controlling ways. But I am over that situation and am buliding myself up slowly but surely thank you very much!

I have not been with someone so established so I was just curious
Thank you IFELEKE too. I will see how it goes.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by bluespice(f): 10:17am On May 12, 2009
oh well, sorry for ur past relationship
but uve gotta move on n become confident in urself
screw all those that call it pride there's a diff between pride and confidence wink
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by blossom4: 10:18am On May 12, 2009
it is only in relationships that I lack confidence, I do not underestimate my potential in other areas. I know that I will get far. I need one of those "relationships for dummies book" thats all
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by bluespice(f): 10:21am On May 12, 2009
u know ur problem,
u know the solution
what r u waiting for?

go to the nearest magrudys or borders close to u! smiley
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by blossom4: 10:29am On May 12, 2009
LOL

SISTA IT'S TRUE. I WILL GO ON MY TRAVEL AND FIND ME A BOOK!

NAH REALLY I WILL JUST TRY AND EXUDE MORE CONFIDENCE IN THIS SITUATION.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP smiley
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by izeek(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2009
no one can pull u down, unless u allow urself be [pulled down.
if your confidence is low, then he will take advantage.
build your confidence and u are gud enuf for any man.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Ben13: 11:38am On May 12, 2009
The case is settled, she's promised to go get a book.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Secretz(f): 11:44am On May 12, 2009
Dont really see what problem is really,

ok you haven't got a job right now, but you got the qualifications and possibly the experience, as others have said, just build on your confidence hun and all is well, but do not allow him to know his position or whatever it is, bothers you, otherwise, he will get a big head and use it against you.

If you believe hes too good for you, you will be forever spending the rest of your relationship trying to please him and worrying pointlessly.

grin
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by dae(f): 1:17pm On May 12, 2009
chei, sista!! u berra wake up. 5yrs age difference is NOTHING! -- u wanna marry someone your age? not saying there's somthing wrong in doing that o. U berra wake up b4 someone else snatch d man from you o, ehen.
And if u still dont want --- Pass am here grin (one womans poison is anoda womans delicious food) LOL
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Secretz(f): 1:24pm On May 12, 2009
You this woman! 5 yrs is nothing! My ex is 7 yrs older than me! No biggie at all! :p
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by dae(f): 1:28pm On May 12, 2009
Secretz:

You this woman! 5 yrs is nothing! My ex is 7 yrs older than me! No biggie at all! :p

shocked me too,odidi 7 friggin yrs!!! -- but the thang though is, age aint nun but number. Even though he was wayy older than me, his upstairs was still functioning like a lil JSS1 boy, It was irritating!!! ughhh!!! Its all about maturity i guess.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Secretz(f): 1:38pm On May 12, 2009
Abi! That is the most important thing! :p
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by switosman(m): 3:13pm On May 12, 2009
blossom to ur surprise the dud is thinking the same thing. doctor or not most guys that r not into babe thing full time always fight with thoughts of " am I gud enough for her".
I once met a cute girl and on walking her down the street we were not talking for like 30mins till I asked her if she was shy! u know what i was shy too and that was how I broke the ice and had a wonderful time with her.
get into that relationship with him knowing in part that what u r thinking of urself is also at work in him too.
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by justwise(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2009
*blossom*:

NAIRALAND members,

I hope everyone is well.

There is this igbo guy who is just finished his medical degree (yes the whole 7 years) and is now looking for a woman to spend his life with.

Now how it stands I am the woman he is trying to court. I just finished my degree in Accounting but am not yet in a good established job as he will be in. I'm also an igbo lady and am so determined but I don't know if he will be interested as I have not established myself in a good career. I am 23 living in the UK and he is 28 so there is also the age gap. Do you think a doctor would be interested in someone like me?

undecided

Stop letting urself down, yes he is a doctor, and? super human being? u are not going to marry paper qualification, u are going marry HIM if he is good enough for u then go for it, Good luck
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by AmAlone: 12:42am On May 13, 2009
Everybody jus dey talk d-same thing!

*blossom*:

NAIRALAND members,

I hope everyone is well.

undecided

Madame, Sorry how sure are you

Abeg let the guy speak for him self. . .

He Said "he is now looking for a lady to spend the rest of his life with! Gbam"
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by RedRiver(m): 1:00pm On May 13, 2009
Blossom.

Take a deep breath, think again, measure yourself and look at all you ve been thru in life. If you do this, then you will reframe your question to:

Is he good enough for me? Dont ever believe anyone is better than you. not even Obama. Now you are on an equal footing with him, let nature happen
Re: Am I Good Enough For Him by Pittbaby(f): 2:31pm On May 13, 2009
poster even if you are working in Mcdonanld's you still deserve anybody you heart desires, as long as you can carry on an intelligent conversation with him and you take care of your self he will be fine .

Most doctors i know actually look for a spouse with a career that is not as strenous as theirs due to the awkward hours they work, someone has to be home with the kids during those over night "on calls " No offense to doctors dating doctors ,,,but I am sure you know what i mean

(1) (Reply)

Should I Still Marry Him? / Heeelppp! / What Does Love Really Mean To You In Practical Terms:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.